PDA

View Full Version : Flower of Scotland

Nicho87
20-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Would just love to sing it tomorrow. No reason at all than 21,000 hibees loving the fact we're scottish well most of us, proud and up for the Scottish Cup Final

Bad Martini
20-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Would just love to sing it tomorrow. No reason at all than 21,000 hibees loving the fact we're scottish well most of us, proud and up for the Scottish Cup Final

Seem to recall singing it when the huns launched into GSTQ before...canny remember when this occurred but I do remember it. :agree:

I do enjoy a good rendition of FOS but, not quite sure where it fits in tomorrow.

Plenty Hibs songs to fill our lungs with and belt out :aok:

The_Exile
20-05-2016, 10:13 PM
I like to think of masel as a proud Scotsman but really really no keen on yon FOS.

Nicho87
20-05-2016, 10:14 PM
Seem to recall singing it when the huns launched into GSTQ before...canny remember when this occurred but I do remember it. :agree:

I do enjoy a good rendition of FOS but, not quite sure where it fits in tomorrow.

Aw there'll be hibs songs a plenty but perhaps getting this started when they start there GSTQ guff i reckon. Would bring a tear to my eye.

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Always been slightly envious of our pals down the road when watching 90k fans in Wembley stand together to belt out the national anthem ahead of the national cup final which in my opinion is the biggest fixture and the centre piece of a country's national sport

marinello59
20-05-2016, 10:16 PM

It a horrendous backward looking dirge. Hibs songs for me.

One Day Soon
20-05-2016, 10:17 PM

Absolutely not. Its a trite dirge.

Green-Hibee-7
20-05-2016, 10:19 PM
In the nicest possible way, nah it's a cringe.

It's got a place, at a Scotland game. Not for Hibs.

We sung it at ibrox against them in that diddy cup and whilst maybe funny/relevant given the referendum I still found myself a wee bit uncomfortable hearing Hibs fans singing that at a Hibs game.

Each to their own but for me nah.

Diclonius
20-05-2016, 10:19 PM

We sang it to them at a midweek game a few years ago, followed by a chant of "We're not sectarian" - never seen them so annoyed. We should definitely do it again.

poolman
20-05-2016, 10:20 PM

Rugby crap

HibbiesandtheBaddies
You won't find anyone more patriotic than me, but this is a Hibs day, so Hibs songs only.

Won't give a flying what the Huns sing.

green&left
Rugby crap

This.

Nicho87
20-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Just an idea guys. Personally would love to see it and if it pisses that lot off. Id sing it 90 minutes

Viva_Palmeiras
20-05-2016, 10:21 PM

Miller era when they signed the high-profile Engs who were missing out on European football post Heysel... Interspersed with "what a waste of money"

Bad Martini
20-05-2016, 10:22 PM
We sang it to them at a midweek game a few years ago, followed by a chant of "We're not sectarian" - never seen them so annoyed. We should definitely do it again.

Thats right :agree:

It truly pissed them RIGHT off.....almost as much as us singing "Weeearrrrrraaaapeeeepulll" followed by "We shall not be moved"

Actually, anything that pisses them off is goof with me. The ultimate being to slap one more goal past them than they slap past us and watch them all shuffling out like cavemen back to Ibrox/the rest of Scotland like the glory hunting bassas they are.

GGTTH :thumbsup:

Eyrie
21-05-2016, 09:47 AM
Absolutely not. Its a trite dirge.

So is "Sunshine on Leith".

The only difference is that one is our national anthem and the other is our unofficial club anthem. I wouldn't want to listen to either of them outwith that setting.

Rasta_Hibs
21-05-2016, 09:49 AM
Nah nae flower of Scotland for me!

Hibs songs only, not wanting a nationalist element to our support.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-05-2016, 09:57 AM
55% of folk would be taking the piss if they joined in! :-)

lucky
21-05-2016, 10:02 AM
55% of folk would be taking the piss if they joined in! :-)

What a ridiculous post. I'm a proud Scot but a no voter. Not sure why you'd post such divisive drivel.

Why would we sing FOS at a Hibs game? As for singing the national anthem I'm dammed sure I'd not be singing GSQ either. Let's just support our club

Northernhibee
21-05-2016, 10:07 AM
What a ridiculous post. I'm a proud Scot but a no voter. Not sure why you'd post such divisive drivel.

Why would we sing FOS at a Hibs game? As for singing the national anthem I'm dammed sure I'd not be singing GSQ either. Let's just support our club
This. Whether or not you're joining in with their ***** ironically or not you're still being a part of it.

Let's just show that we're the classier support and don't have to resort to their levels at the other end.

1van Sprou7e
21-05-2016, 10:16 AM

Clearly a joke, settle

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-05-2016, 12:34 PM
Tee Hee! take it you boys missed the smilie? Couple of heavyweights landed, we're gonna need a bigger boat! :-)

SkintHibby
21-05-2016, 01:20 PM

No proud Scot would vote to see the continued domination of their country by another country but this argument is for another day.:agree:

I agree, TFOS is an anti English dirge. No thanks.

Eyrie
21-05-2016, 01:21 PM
No proud Scot would vote to see the continued domination of their country by another country but this argument is for another day.:agree:

I see no difference between the EU and the UK in that respect.

Anyway, regardless of politics we're all united this afternoon
:flag: