PDA

View Full Version : Team for the final

cocobryce
20-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Sorry if this has been put up elsewhere but I couldn't see it.

I think Stubbs might go for the 532/352 again against Rangers. Means we can have a go at them without being quite as exposed as we are when we play a back 4 with Stevenson/Gray's defensive weaknesses. In looking for optimism I notice Rangers have only kept 2 clean sheets in their last 11 games, so we've got to put them under pressure. Goalie is a bomb scare. They've only won 3 of their last 11 and haven't played for 3 weeks... clutching at straws mibby!

Doubt he'll drop Gray for Gunnarsson and I think he might pick Keatings ahead of Cummings, but this is what I'd go for.

Logan

McGregor - Fontaine - Hanlon

Gunnarson - Henderson - McGeogh - McGinn - Stevenson

Stokes - Cummings

Definitely harsh on Keatings, but I think just think Stokes will be well fired up for it against them. Plus even if he isn't playing well he's got a bit of quality to create something, i.e. cross for Keatings against Falkirk. Again, Cummings has been poor recently, but is a big game player.

Thoughts?

mcfly
20-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Gunnarsin for Fontaine.

Sorry but Fontaine doesn't have any pace

Aldo
20-05-2016, 09:17 AM
3 5 2

Logan

Gunnarrson MacGregor Hanlon

Gray Henderson Bartley McGinn Stevenson

Stokes Keatings

Potentially Fyvie for Marv and Cummings instead of Keatings

But my team as above!!

Diclonius
20-05-2016, 09:20 AM
Logan

Gray Gunnarsson McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

McGinn Bartley/McGeouch Henderson

Stokes Cummings

McGeouch for Bartley if fit.

Brightside
20-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Sorry if this has been put up elsewhere but I couldn't see it.

I think Stubbs might go for the 532/352 again against Rangers. Means we can have a go at them without being quite as exposed as we are when we play a back 4 with Stevenson/Gray's defensive weaknesses. In looking for optimism I notice Rangers have only kept 2 clean sheets in their last 11 games, so we've got to put them under pressure. Goalie is a bomb scare. They've only won 3 of their last 11 and haven't played for 3 weeks... clutching at straws mibby!

Doubt he'll drop Gray for Gunnarsson and I think he might pick Keatings ahead of Cummings, but this is what I'd go for.

Logan

McGregor - Fontaine - Hanlon

Gunnarson - Henderson - McGeogh - McGinn - Stevenson

Stokes - Cummings

Definitely harsh on Keatings, but I think just think Stokes will be well fired up for it against them. Plus even if he isn't playing well he's got a bit of quality to create something, i.e. cross for Keatings against Falkirk. Again, Cummings has been poor recently, but is a big game player.

Thoughts?

I think this is exactly what he will pick. but with Hanlon in the middle of the three. Fonts is the most one footed player I've ever seen. He will get done for pace but Stubbs will go for experience.

Billy Whizz
20-05-2016, 09:23 AM
I think this is exactly what he will pick. but with Hanlon in the middle of the three. Fonts is the most one footed player I've ever seen. He will get done for pace but Stubbs will go for experience.

Can't see him dropping his captain

JimBHibees
20-05-2016, 09:24 AM

You think he wont play David Gray cant see that at all. Personally would put Gunnarson, McGregor and Hanlon as a back 3 given Niklas has more pace than Fonts which in this game will be huge given their full backs, McKay and Miller all being pretty quick.

Also think Bartley and Fyvie will play though if Dylan deemed fit probably Bartley out. Would be harsh on Henderson though.

JimBHibees
20-05-2016, 09:24 AM

Agree that wont happen IMO.

Brightside
20-05-2016, 09:25 AM

I didn't spot Gray wasn't in it! :green grin Agreed.

GreenOnions
20-05-2016, 09:29 AM
I'd like to see the following:

Logan

Gunnarsson McGregor Hanlon

Gray Fyvie or McGeouch Stevenson

Henderson McGinn

Stokes Cummings

Squealing pig
20-05-2016, 09:51 AM
I would start big gunnarsson, he's a goal threat

Northernhibee
20-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Logan

McGregor
Fonts
Hanlon

Stevenson
Gray

Fyvie
McGinn
McGeouch

Stokes
Keatings

scoopyboy
20-05-2016, 09:58 AM
I'd like to see the following:

Logan

Gunnarsson McGregor Hanlon

Gray Fyvie or McGeouch Stevenson

Henderson McGinn

Stokes Cummings

I think this will be close.

Only I think it might be Bartley or Fyvie or McGeouch.

GreenOnions
20-05-2016, 10:11 AM
I think this will be close.

Only I think it might be Bartley or Fyvie or McGeouch.

I know what you're saying and, if Bartley doesn't start, he is one of the ones who could probably consider themselves unlucky. Having said that - Bartley's passing is not at the level of McGeouch's or Fyvie's.

I wouldn't really like to see us start a cup final without two of our best passers of the ball (McGeouch and Fyvie) so, on balance, I would def leave out Bartley.

Aldo
20-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Done for pace and a head like a ten Bob bit.

Was woeful at Starks park.

I would really like to see Gunnarrson given a game with Hanlon on left and MacGregor in middle.

Brightside
20-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Done for pace and a head like a ten Bob bit.

Was woeful at Starks park.

I would really like to see Gunnarrson given a game with Hanlon on left and MacGregor in middle.

I would play that too...just can't see stubbs doing it. Im a wee bit worried about our lack of grunt in midfield. But if you play Bartley one of our creative mids need to drop out.

NikGunnarsson
20-05-2016, 11:45 AM
Gunnarsson and Keatings surely to get a start, hopefully Carmichael makes the squad think later on he could be useful.
Hopefully Fontaine is no where near the team lets be honest hes ***** unfortunately

JimBHibees
20-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Gunnarsson and Keatings surely to get a start, hopefully Carmichael makes the squad think later on he could be useful.
Hopefully Fontaine is no where near the team lets be honest hes ***** unfortunately

He really isnt but you will be a little biased as you want his place in the team. :greengrin

NikGunnarsson
20-05-2016, 11:51 AM
He really isnt but you will be a little biased as you want his place in the team. :greengrin

Hahaha yeah still hurting from what Fonts done in the last final at Hampden, serious though Gunnarsson seems to offer alot more than Fonts

RoYO!
20-05-2016, 11:52 AM

Well you would say that Niklas! ;) fwiw -harsh!

JimBHibees
20-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Hahaha yeah still hurting from what Fonts done in the last final at Hampden, serious though Gunnarsson seems to offer alot more than Fonts

Agree I would play you/him :greengrin tomorrow

Unseen work
20-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Logan

Gunnarson mcgregor hanlon

Gray mcgeouch bartley Mcginn Stevenson

Cummings keatings

Harsh on stokes but we need goal, it won't happen though. I think he will start Cummings and stokes

Hiber-nation
20-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Logan

Gunnarson mcgregor hanlon

Gray mcgeouch bartley Mcginn Stevenson

Cummings keatings

Harsh on stokes but we need goal, it won't happen though. I think he will start Cummings and stokes

Henderson has to start.

Scooter
20-05-2016, 03:10 PM
If Keatings doesn't start I'd ask to leave if I was him.

Unseen work
20-05-2016, 03:19 PM
Henderson has to start.

For me that midfield has enough about it to do the job. All depends on how fit mcgeouch is, don't want him playing 30 minutes and being subbed, disrupts the flow of the game and the team

Bring Henderson and Boyle on when they are tiring

Torto7062
20-05-2016, 04:08 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160520/912e8ab76679025c6af9c3c3319946e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bob12345
20-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Very surprised at the lack of people picking Henderdon. With more space than our games against park the bus teams, he could be a big player.

HibsNutter
20-05-2016, 04:20 PM
There will be big decisions to be made with regards to personnel but we absolutely MUST start 3-5-2.

I'd go with:

Logan

Gunnarrson
McGregor
Hanlon

Gray
Stevenson

McGeouch (assuming fit as Stubbs has said)
Fyvie
McGinn

Stokes
Keatings

Would love Henderson to start, but with that system I feel we need more industry in the midfield three, he'd be a great option to bring on.

Humo
20-05-2016, 04:41 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160520/912e8ab76679025c6af9c3c3319946e9.jpg

Play that and we'll 100% lose

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Torto7062
20-05-2016, 04:43 PM
Play that and we'll 100% lose

How ?
3 Tall defender's for high balls...Mcgeough and Bartley to cover defence as well as Mcgeough driving forward,McGinn and Fyfie float around midfield and Keatings to drive forward and support Stokes

Aldo
20-05-2016, 04:47 PM

Fonts at LB. OMG he's slower than a week in the jail.

Their best players are their Full Backs.

The only way Liam will play is in a back 5.

Humo
20-05-2016, 04:50 PM
How ?
3 Tall defender's for high balls...Mcgeough and Bartley to cover defence as well as Mcgeough driving forward,McGinn and Fyfie float around midfield and Keatings to drive forward and support Stokes

Stokes is more of a supporting stricker his time at celtic has shown that.

Fontaine as at left back? He's been poor as a CH this season. I'd rather have Stevenson as left back if not I'd play Hanlon there.

Keatings would be better as the main stricker.

Fyvie is more defensive that offensive.

I reckon a 3-5-2 would be better (assuming mcgeough isn't fit to start)

Logan

Gunnerson McGregor Hanlon

Gray Henderson Bartley mcginn Stevenson

Keatings stokes

Aldo
20-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Stokes is more of a supporting stricker his time at celtic has shown that. Fontaine as at left back? He's been poor as a CH this season. I'd rather have Stevenson as left back if not I'd play Hanlon there. Keatings would be better as the main stricker. Fyvie is more defensive that offensive. I reckon a 3-5-2 would be better (assuming mcgeough isn't fit to start) Logan Gunnerson McGregor Hanlon Gray Henderson Bartley mcginn Stevenson Keatings stokes Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

My team

biotech
20-05-2016, 05:11 PM
I'd start with Boyle, his pace would exploit Rangers defensive weaknesses. Additionally, he has a good record against them.

Alfred E Newman
20-05-2016, 05:44 PM
I would not risk Logan again. Did not look convincing at all in both games against Falkirk .

rcarter1
20-05-2016, 06:47 PM
11 Winners
+ 3 Winners on the bench
:agree:

Hibbyhaz
20-05-2016, 08:50 PM
I think he will go with Logan Gray Gunnarson. Hanlon. McGregor. Stevenson Fyvie. Mcginn Henderson Cummings. StokesCould trick everyone by going with Logan Gray McGregor. Hanlon Stevenson Boyle Henderson McGinn Carmichael Stokes. Cummings Boyle and Carmichael will most likely be dangerous subs if needed. We played very well with a team similar to this in shape when we were beaten 1-0, we should have won that game. Nobody will expect the second formation so maybe worth a try.

Logie
20-05-2016, 09:15 PM
For me it's Logan

Gunersson Mcgregor hanlon
Gray Stevenson

Henderson Mcgeouch/Bartley McGinn

Stokes Cummings

Person would rather oxley in goals but can't through him in and hope Conrad can have a cracking game!

Gunerrson

Logie
20-05-2016, 09:18 PM
For me it's Logan

Gunersson Mcgregor hanlon
Gray Stevenson

Henderson Mcgeouch/Bartley McGinn

Stokes Cummings

Person would rather oxley in goals but can't throw him in and hope Conrad can have a cracking game!

Gunerrson for pace than Fontaine

Think that's a good passing team and would have Bartley if Dylan not fit enough, for that bite in midfield to win the ball back! Suprised so many leaving out Henderson big pitch good passer, we need to keep the ball as much as we can. That's where I see Fyvie loosing his place gives the ball away too much. I would have Stokes and Cummings as best 2 top goalscorer and both big game players! Stokes hates the huns and has been looking sharper every game. Mon the cabbage 💚

Hibby Bairn
20-05-2016, 09:24 PM
I think Keatings will play.

h18eeynick
20-05-2016, 09:30 PM
3 5 2

Logan

Stokes Keatings

But my team as above!!

Yeah that would be good for me !

Boyle89
20-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Mate told me when they did shape work on Wednesday it was 352 with gray gunnarsson Hanlon mcgregor Lewie mcginn Dylan Henderson stokes Cummings.

Hibby Kay-Yay
21-05-2016, 07:55 AM
3 5 2

Logan

Stokes Keatings

But my team as above!!

This

Glesgahibby
21-05-2016, 08:04 AM
Logan

Gray Gunnarsson McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

McGinn Bartley/McGeouch Henderson

Stokes Cummings

McGeouch for Bartley if fit.
This team,352 or 532 and could easily be changed to a 442
they have no defensive cover if they get an injury at the back!

Franck Stanton
21-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Can anyone please explain to me why Stokes gets in so many peoples selection for today ? Just what has he done since he came back in January ? A mere shadow of the player he was, living on his past reputation. "He hates Rangers" some say, big deal, so do I but don't expect to play in the cup final. Baffling. Just baffling.

SJM
21-05-2016, 11:03 AM
Fyvie is out I've heard.

Waxy
21-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Maybe 1 upfront? 😮 . Cmon the Hibees.