PDA

View Full Version : McGeough

Billy Whizz
19-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Stubbs just said on his Hibs TV interview that everyone is fit, and available apart from Farid. Make of that what you can

Aldo
19-05-2016, 07:28 PM
Stubbs just said on his Hibs TV interview that everyone is fit, and available apart from Farid. Make of that what you can

Mind games you think Billy??

McGeouch fit??

Billy Whizz
19-05-2016, 07:31 PM

McGeouch fit??

The Hibs TV reporter asked about McGeough, and he said the only not available was Farid
Could be, but would love to see him fit

S4uzee
19-05-2016, 07:31 PM

McGeouch fit??

I think it is.

Don't expect him to play tbh

Aldo
19-05-2016, 07:34 PM
The Hibs TV reporter asked about McGeough, and he's said the only not available was Farid Could be, but would love to see him fit

O yes. He is the difference btw. His drive and passing is what we need. I think we are a different team when he plays.

Gives the opposition something to think about.

Big decision for Stubbs.

I think Henderson and McGinns are also musts for the team and that'll mean choosing between Marv and Fraser.

SlickShoes
19-05-2016, 07:35 PM
I don't think it was any shock that we lost huge goals in both games vs Falkirk when McGeouch had went off, would love it if we could get 90 minutes from him.

Gmack7
19-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Even if we could only get 45 i'd still play him

Ozyhibby
19-05-2016, 07:38 PM
Happily play him for a half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
19-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Good player but his lack of pace increases the likelihood that his career will be continually hampered by injury. I don'think there's a snowballs chance in hell that he'll feature on Saturday.

Lancs Harp
19-05-2016, 07:53 PM
McGinn is twice the player when Dylan plays.

No coincidence to me that in the last third of the season Super Johns form fell away when McGeough wasnt fit.

B.H.F.C
19-05-2016, 07:56 PM
A fit McGeough is our most important player. But do we take the risk of having to use a sub after 20 minutes?

If he is fit and does play then I think that'll see us going with the diamond .

supermcginn
19-05-2016, 08:01 PM
A fit McGeough is our most important player. But do we take the risk of having to use a sub after 20 minutes?

If he is fit and does play then I think that'll see us going with the diamond .
No chance in hell we will play the diamond against them we will get crucified down the wings not even stubbs is that naive, midfield should be bartley mcginn and mcgeouch

MWHIBBIES
19-05-2016, 08:03 PM
Good player but his lack of pace increases the likelihood that his career will be continually hampered by injury. I don'think there's a snowballs chance in hell that he'll feature on Saturday.:confused: How did you work that one out?

B.H.F.C
19-05-2016, 08:09 PM
No chance in hell we will play the diamond against them we will get crucified down the wings not even stubbs is that naive, midfield should be bartley mcginn and mcgeouch

He did it when we beat them at ER in November and at Ibrox at Christmas.

Ronniekirk
19-05-2016, 08:10 PM

McGeouch fit??

There was an article earlier in the week on hibs news 24/7 that said he was progressing well in training and as the week progressed his chances of playing would increase
I expect him to play a part, if Stubbs is convinced he can get 60 minutes out of him he will start If not he will be a sub

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-05-2016, 08:11 PM
Even if we could only get 45 i'd still play him

:agree: 2nd half though when a bit of pace and sting has gone out of the game.

Blaster
19-05-2016, 08:12 PM
There was an article earlier in the week on hibs news 24/7 that said he was progressing well in training and as the week progressed his chances of playing would increase
I expect him to play a part, if Stubbs is convinced he can get 60 minutes out of him he will start If not he will be a sub

I don't see any point of him being a sub. He comes on and breaks down then it's 2 subs wasted

Play from the start or not at all

KWJ
19-05-2016, 08:16 PM
I reckon he should and will start. As others have said, no point having him as a sub if he has to go off again.

gaz1875
19-05-2016, 08:16 PM
McGinn is twice the player when Dylan plays.

No coincidence to me that in the last third of the season Super Johns form fell away when McGeough wasnt fit.

I said the same last week on one of the threads, he seems to free up space for McGinn to roam in.

stoneyburn hibs
19-05-2016, 08:19 PM
There is no doubt in what he brings to the party, even a half shift could make such a difference to the outcome on Saturday.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2016, 08:28 PM
Even if he's around 80% fit, I would play him.

JimboHibs
19-05-2016, 08:31 PM
O yes. He is the difference btw. His drive and passing is what we need. I think we are a different team when he plays.

Gives the opposition something to think about.

Big decision for Stubbs.

I think Henderson and McGinns are also musts for the team and that'll mean choosing between Marv and Fraser.

Much better team when he plays,the guys got a touch of class,huge lift if hes fit & playing

Golden Bear
19-05-2016, 08:31 PM
:confused: How did you work that one out?

He can't ride tackles hence he gets caught more often than a quicker player. Watch and ye shall see.

supermcginn
19-05-2016, 08:37 PM
He did it when we beat them at ER in November and at Ibrox at Christmas.

Aye he learnt his lesson and played the 3 5 2 last game and we looked way more comfortable, cant leave gray and stevenson exposed against their full backs and mckay and waghorn

SeanWilson
19-05-2016, 08:39 PM
last game of the season - pain killing injections? I'm sure its more of a muscle/skeletal imbalance that causes the pain.

MWHIBBIES
19-05-2016, 08:43 PM
He can't ride tackles hence he gets caught more often than a quicker player. Watch and ye shall see.Doesn't really work like that or else Pirlo would have been crippled aged 25, McGeouch has a long term problem.

HibsNutter
19-05-2016, 09:03 PM
If it was mind games he'd want Rangers thinking our players were out, no? If he's said that then Dylan is fit.

MinceAndTatties
19-05-2016, 10:18 PM
He can't ride tackles hence he gets caught more often than a quicker player. Watch and ye shall see.
He gets fouled a lot but this is precisely because he is quicker than the tackler thinks he will be. He is one of our quickest. Boyle is faster but not with the ball.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

PerfectlyFranck
19-05-2016, 10:36 PM
McGeouch, McGeouch, McGeouch, McGeouch, McGeouch...

Just seeing if it will finally catch on. :flamed:

McGeouch won't be fit given his recent history; we seem to push him into the side as soon as he is available. I would still rather get 30 minutes out of him than nothing, but we may need to give him an extended 'rest' or we may never see the best of him.

PerfectlyFranck
19-05-2016, 10:42 PM

Just seeing if it will catch on. :flamed:

SJM
19-05-2016, 10:50 PM

Just seeing if it will catch on. :flamed:

Are you the same poster as the guy on pie and bovril? If so your posts are utterly amazing! I was going to register sometime soon!

GreenNWhiteArmy
19-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Much better side when Dylan is in the team without a doubt

The only problem for me, is that Henderson is most likely gonna have to drop to the bench as a fit Dylan starts and we also must use Marv and super John Mcginn is the first name on the team sheet.

Not a bad sub to bring on after an hour whether we're winning/losing or drawing mind you

Waxy
19-05-2016, 11:33 PM
If he plays i reckon it must be from the start. Too risky to have him on late in the game with three subs used incase he breaks down again.

J-C
19-05-2016, 11:43 PM
One of the biggest games of the season, if McGeouch is fit to play you must start with him, play the strongest team you have.

monktonharp
19-05-2016, 11:47 PM
One of the biggest games of the season, if McGeouch is fit to play you must start with him, play the strongest team you have.One of the biggest games of the season? what you drinking at the moment?

matty_f
20-05-2016, 12:11 AM
One of the biggest games of the season? what you drinking at the moment?

:greengrin

PerfectlyFranck
20-05-2016, 12:27 AM
Are you the same poster as the guy on pie and bovril? If so your posts are utterly amazing! I was going to register sometime soon!

I am indeed and indeed you should. :aok:

I agree with most that if McGeouch plays, it has to be from the start. Given his recent appearances, it will be inevitable that he pulls up and I don't think Stubbs is daft enough to gamble on bringing him on. Playing him at all will be quite a gamble in itself.

As would playing the previously Marvellous Marvin; Bartley looked incredibly uncomfortable and uncharacteristically off-the-pace, against Falkirk. I would drop Fyvie for McGeouch/Bartley; he possesses the ability to wind-up Rangers players, but also the ability to dispossess Hibs - often.

J-C
20-05-2016, 08:40 AM
One of the biggest games of the season? what you drinking at the moment?

Just had a coffee thanks, we had 2 big games and we blew one but if you think the chance to win the Scottish cup isn't one of the biggest games of the season, crack on, maybe whatever you're drinking is a wee bit too strong for you.

SJM
20-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Just had a coffee thanks, we had 2 big games and we blew one but if you think the chance to win the Scottish cup isn't one of the biggest games of the season, crack on, maybe whatever you're drinking is a wee bit too strong for you.

This IS the pinnacle of the season.

J-C
20-05-2016, 11:05 AM
This IS the pinnacle of the season.

Well it is now, the pinnacle of the season was gaining promotion, that's gone but we have this as an added extra :greengrin

Unseen work
20-05-2016, 11:07 AM
I really hope he plays but it is getting beyond frustrating now.

He will be a high earner too

J-C
20-05-2016, 11:10 AM
I really hope he plays but it is getting beyond frustrating now.

He will be a high earner too

Unfortunately Dylan has always been rather injury prone, even on loan last year he only played half a season, when you have a player like that you need to have other options from the bench and this is where Stubbs will earn his cash.

Unseen work
20-05-2016, 11:26 AM
Unfortunately Dylan has always been rather injury prone, even on loan last year he only played half a season, when you have a player like that you need to have other options from the bench and this is where Stubbs will earn his cash.

I know, I really hope he overcomes his injury problems as he is a very good player.

But if not can we afford a player who plays half he games in a season? Especially in our current position when he will be on a high wage? I'm not so sure.

I would be trying everything to keep him if we can afford it plus add more good quality options to the team.

I could see us losing him then a spl team snapping him up and he is never injured for them :greengrin

Just Jimmy
20-05-2016, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't even risk him. Winning is what matters and him breaking down after 20 minutes and forcing us to change the side isn't what we need.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk