PDA

View Full Version : John Doolan

Hibeesmad
19-05-2016, 07:10 PM
We have had many minutes applause this season for Hibees who have unfortunately passed away. Every fan has been remembered and respected by all our magnificent fans and even our coaching staff at the dug out. I read this afternoon that John Doolan's dad unfortunately passed away after a battle with cancer last Thursday, 24 hours before our game away to Falkirk. Doolan has showed passion and a real love for our club this season and I would class him as one of our own. I don't know how others will feel about this suggestion but I believe that a minutes applause in the 22nd minute to respect John's dad and the 22 months he's been a part of our club would mean so much to John and I hope others can share the word on this if they also believe this would be a great gesture.

Here is the story:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/GoalsAppV2/spfl-championship/Articles/7160418/Johns-dad-meant-so-much-to-meI-would-love-to-win-this-Cup-for-him.html

mghibs
19-05-2016, 08:21 PM
John has been brilliant and as you say I think we can treat him as one of our own. Would be great to see this happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibee1875
19-05-2016, 08:33 PM
I don't want to seem insensitive here as I fully get the sentiment but do we not think these minute applauses on various minutes are getting a bit much? I'm sure Rangers also want a minutes applause at some point on Saturday.

Will Doolan even know it's for him? Will he clock yep been here 22months, that's for me?

How's about a chant in his name instead? "John Doolan, he's one of our own?"

BoomtownHibees
19-05-2016, 08:36 PM
Was it not mentioned on here that it happened just before the 2nd leg of the Raith game and that's what Stubbs meant with his post-match comments about something bringing the squad together?

bingo70
19-05-2016, 08:43 PM
I don't want to seem insensitive here as I fully get the sentiment but do we not think these minute applauses on various minutes are getting a bit much? I'm sure Rangers also want a minutes applause at some point on Saturday.

Will Doolan even know it's for him? Will he clock yep been here 22months, that's for me?

Totally agree, there's not a nice way of saying what you did without appearing insensitive but IMO there needs to be a line that gets drawn at some point.

I feel for John and I hope there's an emotional rendition of sunshine on leith about 5pm and he'll get time to reflect during that. The 22nd minute though I'm sure his entire focus will be on the game.

hibee1875
19-05-2016, 09:01 PM
What would happen if Rangers were to score in the 21st minute?

Iggy Pope
19-05-2016, 09:13 PM

Agree. When the subs came out to warm up at the Falkirk game at ER, a ripple of applause started and I thought for a second we were marking another passing. I wad engrossed mind you and probably not at my most aware of the sideshows.
A chant for John Doolan is a fine idea. I have it from locals around the woods here that he drove south to be with his family for the funeral and back again to be at Falkirk. Whether that's right or not, he certainly seems dedicated to our cause. And not a squeak in the press....says it all for me.

Sir David Gray
19-05-2016, 09:14 PM

Totally agree.

FranckSuzy
19-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Agree. When the subs came out to warm up at the Falkirk game at ER, a ripple of applause started and I thought for a second we were marking another passing. I wad engrossed mind you and probably not at my most aware of the sideshows.
A chant for John Doolan is a fine idea. I have it from locals around the woods here that he drove south to be with his family for the funeral and back again to be at Falkirk. Whether that's right or not, he certainly seems dedicated to our cause. And not a squeak in the press....says it all for me.

Hear, hear. RIP Mr Doolan.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-05-2016, 10:06 PM

:agree:

Brightside
19-05-2016, 10:16 PM

The guy is a stand up no doubt. Huge respect for him and the way he goes about his role at Hibs.

Iggy Pope
19-05-2016, 10:52 PM
The guy is a stand up no doubt. Huge respect for him and the way he goes about his role at Hibs.

I don't hear much other than the day to day Underscore but I know a Hibby when I see one. Born that way or not.

monktonharp
19-05-2016, 11:38 PM
A chant for John Doolan is a fine idea. I have it from locals around the woods here that he drove south to be with his family for the funeral and back again to be at Falkirk. Whether that's right or not, he certainly seems dedicated to our cause. And not a squeak in the press....says it all for me.:agree: nowt in the press, as far as I know but John was just back the other day from his home. saddened to lose his father, and he wants that cup, to be part of his memory, I'm sure. Doolan is a top guy, one of the best fitba' guys I have ever met and he is gutted about the Falkirk game, and determined that we will go into the final with passion and the will to win.

Iggy Pope
19-05-2016, 11:43 PM
:agree: nowt in the press, as far as I know but John was just back the other day from his home. saddened to lose his father, and he wants that cup, to be part of his memory, I'm sure. Doolan is a top guy, one of the best fitba' guys I have ever met and he is gutted about the Falkirk game, and determined that we will go into the final with passion and the will to win.

Like!

monktonharp
19-05-2016, 11:57 PM
I did actually speak to him last night for a few minutes. he mentioned his father, but as it was a family matter I did not press the issue other than giving my condolences. he was gutted, as we would all be. but, as said he has a passion for the game in general, and as any Hibs fans who have met him know, he loves where he is at the moment and sunshine on Leith is his favourite. let's hope he get's to hear it at 4:45pm on Saturday. A song for him, at Hampden would not go amiss.

JimBHibees
20-05-2016, 08:33 AM
What a hugely emotional thing to happen to him at this vital stage of the season. Hope the team can deliver tomorrow to lift him at a difficult time for him.

RIP.