PDA

View Full Version : What the Managers think

Billy Whizz
19-05-2016, 03:41 PM
1st one is Alan
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10288054/stubbs-hibs-highly-motivated

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10288093/warburton-scottish-cup-a-bonus

ekhibee
19-05-2016, 04:30 PM
1st one is Alan
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10288054/stubbs-hibs-highly-motivated

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10288093/warburton-scottish-cup-a-bonus
Thanks for that Billy, 2 interesting interviews. Personally, and it's just my opinion, I don't agree with Stubbs that all 4 league games between the 2 teams have been close, but I can appreciate that he's trying to keep the team motivated, etc. I realize a lot of people might disagree, but I think Warburton does interviews the right way. Says what he has to and that's it. Stubbs always seems to say more than he needs to, but he is pretty new to the game still. Interesting at the end when the interviewer asked him about his future and that of some of the players, apparently he's already looking at players to bring in. Still not sure if he'll be at ER next season though, even despite that.

MWHIBBIES
19-05-2016, 04:38 PM
Thanks for that Billy, 2 interesting interviews. Personally, and it's just my opinion, I don't agree with Stubbs that all 4 league games between the 2 teams have been close, but I can appreciate that he's trying to keep the team motivated, etc. I realize a lot of people might disagree, but I think Warburton does interviews the right way. Says what he has to and that's it. Stubbs always seems to say more than he needs to, but he is pretty new to the game still. Interesting at the end when the interviewer asked him about his future and that of some of the players, apparently he's already looking at players to bring in. Still not sure if he'll be at ER next season though, even despite that.Which game wasn't close? Even the 4-2 game was 3-2 with minutes to go and them down to 10.

SeanWilson
19-05-2016, 04:40 PM
Thanks for that Billy, 2 interesting interviews. Personally, and it's just my opinion, I don't agree with Stubbs that all 4 league games between the 2 teams have been close, but I can appreciate that he's trying to keep the team motivated, etc. I realize a lot of people might disagree, but I think Warburton does interviews the right way. Says what he has to and that's it. Stubbs always seems to say more than he needs to, but he is pretty new to the game still. Interesting at the end when the interviewer asked him about his future and that of some of the players, apparently he's already looking at players to bring in. Still not sure if he'll be at ER next season though, even despite that.

A) you could argue that warberrespectfullysmug is newer to the game than Stubbsy
B) warberrespectfullysmug is a grade a plum
C) GGTTH

SeanWilson
19-05-2016, 04:46 PM
PS - having now watched, AS looks miserable, swollowed some pride me thinks.

3pm
19-05-2016, 06:12 PM
Low key from Stubbs but he's had a rough week, not just football related.

I am sure everything will be fine on the day.

bingo70
19-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Low key from Stubbs but he's had a rough week, not just football related.

I am sure everything will be fine on the day.

There has been a lot of chat about how Stubbs lift the players after last week. I think there is different ways of going about it though, If it was just about putting a smile on their face and getting them laughing again he'd just employ a comedian. IMO a somber, serious, low key and determined week training would be more beneficial than a jovial weeks build up.

Long term there's obviously a balance to be had but short term a more serious, intense week may just be the best motivation the players could get.

They'll be champing at the bit on Saturday.

Lago
19-05-2016, 06:52 PM
A) you could argue that warberrespectfullysmug is newer to the game than Stubbsy
C) GGTTH
Warburton is also a winner, Stubbs yet to prove himself and it tends to show in the interview.

JC94
19-05-2016, 08:02 PM
C) GGTTH

I actually like Warburton, speaks a good game and is a very good manager. Dont know why he went to them right enough

MWHIBBIES
19-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Warburton is also a winner, Stubbs yet to prove himself and it tends to show in the interview.Warburton has 2 promotions and 1 diddy cup as a manager. Stubbs has 2 promotions and 4 major trophy wins as a player. How is Warburton a ''winner'' and how is Stubbs not a ''winner''?

Sir David Gray
19-05-2016, 08:08 PM

The two games at Ibrox were pretty close. We deserved something from the first game and it was a travesty that we lost. The second match was a poor display by us but we took the lead in that game and then got it back to 3-2 with just a few minutes remaining and then they scored a fourth when we were pressing for an equaliser.

Unfortunately, it's what happened after that game which has really impacted our season.

Kojock
19-05-2016, 08:11 PM
Warburton is also a winner, Stubbs yet to prove himself and it tends to show in the interview.

Take it that's predictive text and it should have read he is also a wa*ker

Lago
19-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Warburton has 2 promotions and 1 diddy cup as a manager. Stubbs has 2 promotions and 4 major trophy wins as a player. How is Warburton a ''winner'' and how is Stubbs not a ''winner''?
Nice one, a politicians answer, as a manager Stubbs has achieved the square root of f*** all. Stood still over 2 seasons.
Saturday last chance saloon.
Try comparing apples with apples rather than pears.