PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Stubbsy,Cummings and McGinn

Torto7062
19-05-2016, 07:48 AM
Are Staying...According to Stubbsy....thought's?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/hibernian/7160532/Alan-Stubbs-has-big-plans-for-Hibs.html

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Brightside
19-05-2016, 07:54 AM

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/hibernian/7160532/Alan-Stubbs-has-big-plans-for-Hibs.html

Delighted. But I don't think Cummings is staying.

HibbySpurs
19-05-2016, 07:57 AM
Continuity is a great thing.

Hopefully right on all counts..... We shall see though.

Sean1875
I originally wanted Stubbys gone but now the dust has settled a bit id be happy for him to stay. the connection and passion that all the players seem to feel for the club now I believe is more than partly down to the way Stubbs is with them, and I reckon it's that connection and passion for the club which is going to keep our big names here to see us promoted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibee Mac
Don't think Cummings is staying either, but that sounds promising from Stubbs at least if he is staying on he sounds very determined to get the job done before he goes.

Just have to hope he's learnt from his managerial mistakes.

macca70
19-05-2016, 07:59 AM
Can't see Cummings being here, if he won't sign a new contract.

With only a year left, we will want to cash in now before he goes for free.

He doesn't specifically say they are defo staying:

Hibs face a huge battle to hang on to top men John McGinn and Jason Cummings this summer.

But Stubbs added: “I get on really well with all the players, we have a great relationship.

“They’re under contract and some of them have more than a year to go.

“Looking at them, they sense there is unfinished business. I know them and how they think.

“I work with them every day, having brought them together. I believe in them and we’ll get stronger.”

staunchhibby
19-05-2016, 08:00 AM
At least we can move on now the future looks a bit clearer.Also think McGinn may stay not fussed re Cummings.

Hibee Mac
19-05-2016, 08:02 AM
Have McGinn and Bartley not already said they will stay?

Sean1875
19-05-2016, 08:03 AM
Have McGinn and Bartley not already said they will stay?

McGregor and Bartley have said they definitely will, not heard anything about McGinn personally

hfcnic
19-05-2016, 08:06 AM

I never believe anything I read in the Sun, however I hope that this is true.

SeanWilson
the usual disclaimer “We all know in football things can change, but I’m planning for next season and preparing to take this football club into the Premiership, automatically. That is my main focus.

This is a nothing story.

If there really are 1M bids for cummings on the table, hibs will bend over (as they should!).

hfcnic
McGregor and Bartley have said they definitely will, not heard anything about McGinn personally

Another 2 that I hope stay, great additions to the team

ElginHibbie
19-05-2016, 08:11 AM
McGinn still has another 3 (I think) years on his contract, seems to be happy playing every week and is even getting into Scotland squad while playing for us so I don't he will be going anywhere, unless someone offers us stupid money.

I think Cummings is probably likely to go, but going by what Stubbs is saying there, if he is still in charge, at least that situation should hopefully be resolved quickly and not another drawn out Allan saga

Viva_Palmeiras
19-05-2016, 08:12 AM
Great news IMO - Kenny Millar connection? works to help better communication with the media. Isn't Colin his brother?

HibbyScott
19-05-2016, 08:16 AM
Great news IMO - Kenny Millar connection? works to help better communication with the media. Isn't Colin his brother?

:agree: He is indeed

Sean1875
19-05-2016, 08:17 AM
Another 2 that I hope stay, great additions to the team

:agree: McGregor in particular has surpassed my expectations massively this season. you can see his passion for the club too which is great, would be my captain next year personally.

Diclonius
19-05-2016, 08:28 AM
If Stubbs is staying, then fine, I'm right behind him - but he NEEDS to learn how to beat defensive teams.

JimboHibs
19-05-2016, 08:32 AM
the usual disclaimer “We all know in football things can change, but I’m planning for next season and preparing to take this football club into the Premiership, automatically. That is my main focus.

This is a nothing story.

If there really are 1M bids for cummings on the table, hibs will bend over (as they should!).

Totally agree,they'll only be here until suitable offers come in.

jacomo
19-05-2016, 08:37 AM
One of my criticisms of Stubbs is that he has sounded less than committed at times. This may have been the media twisting his words and a bit of naïvety on his part... But he needs to lead from the front.

These statements sound much more positive on that front.

GreenCastle
19-05-2016, 08:37 AM
Last week we had people say get rid of this person and that person.

For me I wouldn't get rid of anyone just improve on what we have got with more depth and a few different players which change the style.

The loan players will return (maybe get Henderson back?) but we need pace and width.

Whatever happens with the manger and players it's needs to be sorted ideally next week as we can't have a Scott Allan situation disrupting the start to next season or Stubbs leaving and taking ages to find a replacement.

rcarter1
19-05-2016, 08:41 AM
Ive been critical of Stubbs, but if he has the stomach for more of this, then that alone makes me happy to support him. The summer will be a big opportunity for fine tuning a squad that is clearly of a good standard, and with the right tweaks could go places (namely the SPL!).

I remember the side from 1990 which was awful and nearly relegated (I think relegation was cancelled for restructure?). In came Keith Wright, and suddenly we are racing up the League and winning the Skol Cup.

Win the Cup and get us UP!

(Wont go crying if we don't win the Cup, but might need a tissue if were here for a 4th season..)

:flag::flag:

heretoday
19-05-2016, 08:42 AM
Stubbs is fine if he can recreate the way Hibs played early in the season. He needs a new defence though. I'm not convinced by the current one.

hibee_girl
19-05-2016, 08:45 AM
I'm happy with Stubbs staying, I think him staying will be key for a lot of players staying.

h18sajrb
19-05-2016, 08:48 AM

There are a couple of articles floating about that say McGinn is sticking about even if we don't go up. One on the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36155757

chrisski33
19-05-2016, 08:55 AM
Money talks if someone comes in with the right money anyone of them will go. Have this before and then player has left. This is a pr excerise to try and get some positivity before the final

GreenCastle
19-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Money talks if someone comes in with the right money anyone of them will go. Have this before and then player has left. This is a pr excerise to try and get some positivity before the final

Pretty much every football club is a selling club.

The standard of players brought in has been an improvement - just a few tweaks needed and a good start in the league which we haven't had in the last 2 seasons.

Since90+2
19-05-2016, 09:19 AM
Pretty much every single club in the world apart from maybe 4 or 5 clubs is a selling club. If the right money comes in for any of our top players they will be off.

Ozyhibby
19-05-2016, 09:50 AM
He hasn't explained why he thinks we only scored 55 goals this season? Or what he thinks he will do to change that?
We can't just keep him because we like him.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-05-2016, 09:57 AM
If Stubbs is staying, then fine, I'm right behind him - but he NEEDS to learn how to beat defensive teams.

:agree: Doesn't need to look too far either, Hertz and Huns did it with pace on the wings.

SeanWilson
19-05-2016, 09:57 AM
He hasn't explained why he thinks we only scored 55 goals this season? Or what he thinks he will do to change that?
We can't just keep him because we like him.

To be fair, i don't think he has to explain that to a tabloid. He answers to his boss, who i'm sure has had the chat.

Lets just see what happens and back whatever Leeann decides.

Dashing Bob S
19-05-2016, 10:02 AM
If a decent offer comes for McGinn, it would be cruel to stand in the way of a player of his class and condemn him to another year in the chumpionship.

Stubbs or Cummings - well, in defense you can say they both learning etc. The other scenario, of course, and one we don't really want to talk about, is that those supposed world beaters have found their level in the championship.

I don't know if Stubbs is the man to get us up, or Cummings, despite being regular top scorer, gives us the goals-to-chances ratio we need to back into the premiership.

I wouldn't be broken-hearted if either moved on.

Ozyhibby
19-05-2016, 10:06 AM
If a decent offer comes for McGinn, it would be cruel to stand in the way of a player of his class and condemn him to another year in the chumpionship.

Stubbs or Cummings - well, in defense you can say they both learning etc. The other scenario, of course, and one we don't really want to talk about, is that those supposed world beaters have found their level in the championship.

I don't know if Stubbs is the man to get us up, or Cummings, despite being regular top scorer, gives us the goals-to-chances ratio we need to back into the premiership.

I wouldn't be broken-hearted if either moved on.

Nonsense, if they are under contract and we want them to stay then they stay.
We had to honour our side of the bargain with Farid even though he has not been fit for two years. It works both ways, the players have to do the same for us.

Big_Franck
19-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Have to say i'm disappointed to hear Stubbs wants to stay to be honest. I'm not sure Dempster will sack him so I was hoping he'd walk away after failing to get us promoted again.

Ideally we'd be looking to keep both Cummings and McGinn. However, if we were to get say 1m for Cummings and a silly offer for McGinn (who has barely kicked a ball since the St Johnstone semi IMO) then I can't say i'd be gutted if they were to leave. It would give us the funds to build a much stronger, more balanced squad overall.

J-C
19-05-2016, 10:26 AM
I also wanted him to go whatever happens on saturday but again I do like what he says, it sounds like he feels he has a duty to do what's right and finish off what he started. I know McGregor has been going round all the players with a rallying call to get them to stay and commit, lets hope they listen to him.

There's rumours that Forster is re signing, Hanlon too but as you all know, purely rumours.

SJM
19-05-2016, 10:29 AM
I also wanted him to go whatever happens on saturday but again I do like what he says, it sounds like he feels he has a duty to do what's right and finish off what he started. I know McGregor has been going round all the players with a rallying call to get them to stay and commit, lets hope they listen to him.

There's rumours that Forster is re signing, Hanlon too but as you all know, purely rumours.

Forster was told he hasn't got a future under Stubbs last summer. He stayed until January. I think there's more chance of him being back next year that Stubbs though.

CB_NO3
19-05-2016, 10:38 AM
Cummings was offered 2k a week and that will make him the clubs highest earner. The offer was on the table a few weeks ago before the Falkirk game. Not sure if its still there, especially after the poor offer Paul Hanlon got from the club.

PeterboroHibee
19-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Stubbs is fine if he can recreate the way Hibs played early in the season. He needs a new defence though. I'm not convinced by the current one.

We conceded the same number of goals as Rangers. The difference is nearly 30 goals scored - we need to learn to take chances and how to finish teams off.

J-C
19-05-2016, 10:46 AM
Cummings was offered 2k a week and that will make him the clubs highest earner. The offer was on the table a few weeks ago before the Falkirk game. Not sure if its still there, especially after the poor offer Paul Hanlon got from the club.

The stumbling block was the agent put in a release clause, Hibs don't want one as it minimises how much they may get.

It would do Jase no harm learning for another year, Hibs showed faith in him after Hearts dumped him, maybe time to repay that faith.

chrisski33
19-05-2016, 10:51 AM
The stumbling block was the agent put in a release clause, Hibs don't want one as it minimises how much they may get.

It would do Jase no harm learning for another year, Hibs showed faith in him after Hearts dumped him, maybe time to repay that faith.

hopefully he will repay us but doubt it tbh

SJM
19-05-2016, 10:53 AM

Surely there could be a clause in there that satisfies both parties?

h18eeynick
19-05-2016, 11:08 AM

Players that run their contracts down when they know that they will get a decent move are playing a very dangerous game . Just takes a bad injury and everything changes for them. Sign and take away the risk and then negotiate a decent transfer for both sides

J-C
19-05-2016, 11:18 AM
Surely there could be a clause in there that satisfies both parties?

Obviously that's the stumbling block.

OsloHibs
19-05-2016, 11:38 AM
Just clicked on the link of winning it for John's dad. So sad, let's hope we do it.

Ozyhibby
19-05-2016, 11:45 AM
If Stubbs is to stay then this is what I think he needs.
1. A reliable goalkeeper. Oxley was a terrible signing, he never looked good last season and to offer him a 2 year deal after that was probably Stubb's worst error. There are plenty reliable goalies out there in our price range.
2. New full backs. Both ok defensively but the quality of the crossing is poor.
3. A big no nonsense centre forward who bullies defences and brings midfielders into play without dropping back himself. He needs to stay on the front line. All our forwards just now shy away from the physical side of the game and drop into midfield to try create space. He doesn't have to be a goal machine but a decent chance taker and decent in the air. With Stokes and Farid of the wage bill, this should be affordable.
4. A winger with a bit of pace.
5. Cover for McGeogh when he is injured.

Diclonius
19-05-2016, 11:48 AM
If Stubbs is to stay then this is what I think he needs.
1. A reliable goalkeeper. Oxley was a terrible signing, he never looked good last season and to offer him a 2 year deal after that was probably Stubb's worst error. There are plenty reliable goalies out there in our price range.
2. New full backs. Both ok defensively but the quality of the crossing is poor.
3. A big no nonsense centre forward who bullies defences and brings midfielders into play without dropping back himself. He needs to stay on the front line. All our forwards just now shy away from the physical side of the game and drop into midfield to try create space. He doesn't have to be a goal machine but a decent chance taker and decent in the air. With Stokes and Farid of the wage bill, this should be affordable.
4. A winger with a bit of pace.
5. Cover for McGeogh when he is injured.

Sounds about right. I'd sign more than one winger though.

SJM
19-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Sounds about right. I'd sign more than one winger though.

How has Harris gotten on at QOS? :confused:

Diclonius
19-05-2016, 11:51 AM
How has Harris gotten on at QOS? :confused:

Played pretty regularly. I can't remember the last good game he had for us though.

Ozyhibby
19-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Played pretty regularly. I can't remember the last good game he had for us though.

Harris isn't the answer. Without the blistering pace he had before the injury he is just an average championship player.

KeithTheHibby
19-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Have to say i'm disappointed to hear Stubbs wants to stay to be honest. I'm not sure Dempster will sack him so I was hoping he'd walk away after failing to get us promoted again.

Ideally we'd be looking to keep both Cummings and McGinn. However, if we were to get say 1m for Cummings and a silly offer for McGinn (who has barely kicked a ball since the St Johnstone semi IMO) then I can't say i'd be gutted if they were to leave. It would give us the funds to build a much stronger, more balanced squad overall.

Did you honestly expect him to say that he wants to leave 2 days before the Scottish Cup Final?! Behave yourself.

Brightside
19-05-2016, 12:05 PM
Forster was told he hasn't got a future under Stubbs last summer. He stayed until January. I think there's more chance of him being back next year that Stubbs though.

You have already told us that you know that Stubbs is 100% gone.

polarbear
19-05-2016, 12:05 PM
I think Stubbs should go if we don't win the Cup.
His excuses are wearing thin and he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.
I think Cummings should stay but he won't. He'll have other offers and we could use the money that his sale will bring in to strengthen.
McGinn seems like a good guy with some integrity and loyalty. He'll give it another year to get promoted before moving on. I just don't think Stubbs is the man to do that.

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2016, 12:11 PM
I think Stubbs should go if we don't win the Cup.
His excuses are wearing thin and he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.
I think Cummings should stay but he won't. He'll have other offers and we could use the money that his sale will bring in to strengthen.
McGinn seems like a good guy with some integrity and loyalty. He'll give it another year to get promoted before moving on. I just don't think Stubbs is the man to do that.

agree with all your points

matty_f
19-05-2016, 02:43 PM

:agree:

Smartie
19-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Great article and good choice of words from Stubbs.

We've got a cup final in a couple of days and he needed to rally the troops, get everyone behind the club. A good news story like this helps a lot.

It could be 100% bo*****s but frankly I don't care. All focus should be on positivity and winning this cup.

If we win, there will be indinitely more tolerance of whatever it is Stubbs, Cummings and McGinn choose to do.

Vault Boy
19-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Would be happy to see all three stay, continuity and a strong foundation is important to our long term success.

I also read the article about John's father. Very sad, speaks volumes about the man that he was at the Falkirk game a day later. Really hope we can produce on Saturday, would mean a tremendous amount for an immeasurable number of reasons.

SJM
19-05-2016, 03:07 PM

Yep. Hence Forster has more of a chance of being here.

Any chance you can stop sniping at my posts cheers?

Brightside
19-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Yep. Hence Forster has more of a chance of being here.

Any chance you can stop sniping at my posts cheers?

Sure thing. as soon as you stop making stuff up. :aok:

SJM
19-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Sure thing. as soon as you stop making stuff up. :aok:

Aye sound underscore. At least you admit your sniping at my posts and causing arguments for no reason 2 days before the cup final. Weird behaviour.

jdships
19-05-2016, 03:52 PM

Take it you have " inside info " re earnings .
From what I was told in late April from a " Development Team Official" the highest earner , who he didn't name was on £2500/£3000.

CB_NO3
19-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Take it you have " inside info " re earnings .
From what I was told in late April from a " Development Team Official" the highest earner , who he didn't name was on £2500/£3000.
I do indeed. Maybe the loan fee we are paying stokes is the figure you quote? I dont know how much Stokes is on personally.

biffo1875
19-05-2016, 05:52 PM

any news on paul hanlon contract talks?

jdships
19-05-2016, 07:40 PM
I do indeed. Maybe the loan fee we are paying stokes is the figure you quote? I dont know how much Stokes is on personally.

Could well be one of the loanees.
Never thought of that !!

CapitalHibs
19-05-2016, 08:28 PM
What happened to Carmichael? Isn't he a winger?

CB_NO3
19-05-2016, 09:00 PM
any news on paul hanlon contract talks?

From what I have been told, they are not going very good. Hibs offered a poor deal. They may up it after the final, not sure. Aberdeen are apparently after him.

broondog
19-05-2016, 09:01 PM
if stubbs has any dignity left he will walk. sorry but he isn't the man to get us out of this league. great news mcginn is happy to stay. he will be crucial for any promotion push next season.

Brightside
19-05-2016, 09:06 PM
From what I have been told, they are not going very good. Hibs offered a poor deal. They may up it after the final, not sure. Aberdeen are apparently after him.
The offer was poor. McInnes is waiting to pick him up if he can't agree something with Hibs. He's not the only Prem mgr waiting either. You have to wonder why Hibs would not be making Hanlon one of the best paid at the club..totally playing the fact that he loves Hibs. We do have a very tight ship on wages but we are talking money that an office mgr makes sitting on his arse all day.

Smartie
19-05-2016, 09:10 PM
The offer was poor. McInnes is waiting to pick him up if he can't agree something with Hibs. He's not the only Prem mgr waiting either. You have to wonder why Hibs would not be making Hanlon one of the best paid at the club..totally playing the fact that he loves Hibs. We do have a very tight ship on wages but we are talking money that an office mgr makes sitting on his arse all day.

If anybody was in any doubt that Petrie still holds a great deal of influence…………..

Brightside
19-05-2016, 09:11 PM
If anybody was in any doubt that Petrie still holds a great deal of influence…………..

We just have a very tight wage structure...its what stops us going bust. Leeann owns the spreadsheet! :wink:

matty_f
20-05-2016, 12:16 AM
We just have a very tight wage structure...its what stops us going bust. Leeann owns the spreadsheet! :wink:

He'd no doubt have gotten a bigger offer if the defence hasn't shipped five goals to Falkirk. :greengrin

JimBHibees
20-05-2016, 08:43 AM
if stubbs has any dignity left he will walk. sorry but he isn't the man to get us out of this league. great news mcginn is happy to stay. he will be crucial for any promotion push next season.

Nonsense, one thing he has shown at his time at Hibs has been total dignity towards the job and the club coupled with numerous visits to sick kids and adults usually with cancer. He isnt perfect and some of his decisions can be questioned as he is a young manager and still learning however he can IMO never be questioned on his dignity.