PDA

View Full Version : Hampden 's new grass......

monktonharp
18-05-2016, 11:24 PM
should help our players on Saturday. After a torrid time during the run up, and then the play off at Falkirk , our team have had to play a few of our games on 3g . Alloa, Queen of the South, and Falkirk all regularly play on this stuff, and we lost quite a few points having to play on an alien surface to our players. I am not sure, but does it make it more strain on the legs/ankles etc? I do think our passing game certainly speeds the ball up on those artificial pitches. hopefully our passes are more precise, playing on a good normal surface in the final.the Alloa game in particular, where they reduced the pitch width considerably caused us real problems and we lost the game. the 3 points then, would have given us 2nd and rested our players for a whole week.

JFK-1
19-05-2016, 12:09 AM
Helps both sets of players. Rangers too have had to play all of those opponents on the surfaces you mention against pitch narrowing ploys while they prefer the grass and greater space they have at Ibrox just like they will prefer the grass and space of Hampden.

Dav1986
19-05-2016, 09:28 AM
Helps both sets of players. Rangers too have had to play all of those opponents on the surfaces you mention against pitch narrowing ploys while they prefer the grass and greater space they have at Ibrox just like they will prefer the grass and space of Hampden.

I'm fairly certain that the pitch at ER is bigger than Hampden so our players should be used to the size of it too.

Toldo123
19-05-2016, 12:18 PM
I'm fairly certain that the pitch at ER is bigger than Hampden so our players should be used to the size of it too.

According to the scottish football ground guide

hampden 115x75

ER 112x74

Ibrox 115x78

monktonharp
19-05-2016, 01:39 PM
I do agree, but was referring mainly to the last few games where we have had to play(and lose:wink:) . some of the passes were getting screams from fans, too hard, too fast !!!! etc when a lot could have been with the surfaces played on. I obviously don't watch much or your team, but our passing game is affected by the aforementioned grounds.