PDA

View Full Version : Keatings to start

thebausburst
18-05-2016, 05:59 PM
I recon Stubbs will start with Keatings and Stokes up front. Whilst the Falkirk result didn't go our way, this partnership was the right call and can't believe he will go back to Cummings/Stokes. I also don't want to see the Bartman start, he's been way off the pace last couple of outings and would be on the bench for me.

Waxy
18-05-2016, 06:05 PM
More likely be horses for courses. Stokes and Cummings have done some of their best stuff against Rangers. In form James Keatings will come on between 60/70 for one of them if we're ahead/drawing or beside them if we're behind.That's my guess anyway.

bingo70
18-05-2016, 06:11 PM
I think he should start with Stokes and Keatings, Stokes is our best forward and you don't drop a striker the week after scoring two.

Cummings always looks dangerous when he comes off the bench so it's a great option to have if its a tight game.

Fairly thankless task for Stubbs to decide who misses out as whatever one he chooses to be dropped will have a good argument for why he should have started.

Aldo
18-05-2016, 06:27 PM
I think he should start with Stokes and Keatings, Stokes is our best forward and you don't drop a striker the week after scoring two. Cummings always looks dangerous when he comes off the bench so it's a great option to have if its a tight game. Fairly thankless task for Stubbs to decide who misses out as whatever one he chooses to be dropped will have a good argument for why he should have started.

I agree and this is why...

Keatings played very well last week and scored twice and was unlucky not to get a hattrick.

Stokes apart from scoring had been excellent IMHO

So those with the jerseys keep them!!

Harsh on our top Goalscorer but will be gagging at the bit to get on!!

keep the faith
18-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Cummings for me. His record against them will have them on edge and that gives us something extra.
Cummings will well fancy scoring against them again.
Big players for big games.

erskine-hibby
18-05-2016, 06:37 PM
I would personally go for Cummings, but whoever gets the nod I hope we will go with a 3-5-2 formation up against their 4-3-3.

Stevie Reid
18-05-2016, 06:42 PM
Think Keatings and Stokes looks more of a partnership, but Rangers will fear Cummings due to his scoring record against them. I think that Stubbs will utilise that.

Billy Whizz
18-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Keatings at the tip of the diamond maybe?

heretoday
18-05-2016, 06:46 PM
Well if Stokes is ever going to get amongst the goals it'll be against Rangers. He'll get a hot reception from the Huns so let's hope it fires him up.

Gypsy Traveller
18-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Think Stubbs should start with Keatings and Cummings I've never been impressed with Stokes work rate since he came on loan from Celtic. Don't think I've seen him jump for a ball yet.:confused::confused:

Aldo
18-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Think Stubbs should start with Keatings and Cummings I've never been impressed with Stokes work rate since he came on loan from Celtic. Don't think I've seen him jump for a ball yet.:confused::confused:

O dear o dear....... Your at it btw and big time.

Not got a clue I'm afraid!!

bingo70
18-05-2016, 06:53 PM
I would personally go for Cummings, but whoever gets the nod I hope we will go with a 3-5-2 formation up against their 4-3-3.

3-5-2 would be my preference but I can't think of what midfielders miss out.

Bartley- played really well against them last time, really could do with his presence in midfield.

Fyvie- probably most people's favourite to be dropped, not going to happen though, one of Stubbs favourites. He's also capable and we missed him badly when he was out injured.

Mcgeough- if fit he's fit he plays, makes us tick

Henderson- IMO our best player recently, got to start.

Mcginn- first name on the team sheet, got to start

I'd prefer 3-5-2 but I've no idea how we could squeeze all the midfielders that should start into the starting 11.

Waxy
Wow that settles it then.Stokes starts.

Billy Whizz
3-5-2 would be my preference but I can't think of what midfielders miss out.

Bartley- played really well against them last time, really could do with his presence in midfield.

Fyvie- probably most people's favourite to be dropped, not going to happen though, one of Stubbs favourites. He's also capable and we missed him badly when he was out injured.

Mcgeough- if fit he's fit he plays, makes us tick

Henderson- IMO our best player recently, got to start.

Mcginn- first name on the team sheet, got to start

I'd prefer 3-5-2 but I've no idea how we could squeeze all the midfielders that should start into the starting 11.

How are The Rangers likely to line up Bingo?

Keith_M
18-05-2016, 06:54 PM
I realise Cummings is our top scorer over the season but he's had some real howlers recently. Is it fair to say he's gone off the boil in the last couple of months?

Maybe he's the right choice for Saturday, as a big game player, and maybe he's not. I wouldn't fancy having to make the choice on who starts up front.

bingo70
18-05-2016, 06:57 PM

No sure, I always assumed they played 3-5-2 with tavernier and Wallace offering the width but Barry McKay seems to be their man of the moment so I've no idea how that works?

3-4-3 possibly?

Aldo
18-05-2016, 06:58 PM

Billy I would suspect 4 2 3 1 (sorry I'm not bingo) as this would allow both their FB's to push on!

I would hope we will go 3 5 2

Logan

Gunnarrson MacGregor Hanlon (funny feeling fonts for Gunnarrson)

Gray Henderson Bartley McGinn Lewis

Keatings Stokes

Waxy
18-05-2016, 06:58 PM
If everyone plays to the best of their ability we'll absolutely hammer them.

Crammond Hibee
18-05-2016, 06:59 PM
I realise Cummings is our top scorer over the season but he's had some real howlers recently. Is it fair to say he's gone off the boil in the last couple of months?

Maybe he's the right choice for Saturday, as a big game player, and maybe he's not. I wouldn't fancy having to make the choice on who starts up front.
Keatings for me.He scored 2 goals in his last game.

Billy Whizz
18-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Billy I would suspect 4 2 3 1 (sorry I'm not bingo) as this would allow both their FB's to push on!

I would hope we will go 3 5 2

Logan

Gunnarrson MacGregor Hanlon (funny feeling fonts for Gunnarrson)

Gray Henderson Bartley McGinn Lewis

Keatings Stokes

Aldo, think they have one or two out? Ball is suspended, and King is cup tied I think

SJM
18-05-2016, 07:03 PM

Lies.

SJM
18-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Aldo, think they have one or two out? Ball is suspended, and King is cup tied I think

Ohalloran is cup tied too.

I would start Keattings.

Aldo
18-05-2016, 07:09 PM

Your they do as you've mention along with O'Halloran.

They will miss Ball as he sits in front of back 4.

We should have nothing to fear IMHO just go out there get at them and win.

northstandhibby
18-05-2016, 07:26 PM

The fact he has come deep seeking out the ball is to his work-rate credit. In a more meaningless game I would be inclined to play him as an old fashioned inside left or right supporting two forwards. As it is I would probably start Stokes and Cummings together to begin the game with.

Come on the Cabbage!!!

SunshineOnLeith
18-05-2016, 09:02 PM

Is this the most obvious one yet? :tee hee:

On the actual subject of the thread, Cummings always scores against them, he should start, and there's no chance of Stubbs dropping Stokes.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Cummings and Stokes. Keats on after an hour if we need a goal of the other two aren't doing the business

Edson Arantes
18-05-2016, 09:25 PM
Leave wee Jase on the bench.

70 mins. bring him on.

soproni1
18-05-2016, 09:32 PM
should be Cummings and keatings. Stokes has contributed very little positive since he came. But unfortunately it will be stokes and one of those 2. The fact he is due to have an influence is the only thing that gives me any confidence in Stokes. Mind you of he does this on Sat I will never utter a bad word about him again!

ALF TUPPER
18-05-2016, 09:33 PM
I'd go with Stokes and Keatings but I've got a sneaky suspicion any goals will come from someone else. I keep seeing Hanlon getting on the end of a Henderson corner!
Weird ....., but I'd take it .

keep the faith
18-05-2016, 10:20 PM

Haha! Stokes work rate and attitude has been first class. Way better than when he was with us first time around.

The Spaceman
18-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Cummings and Stokes to start but if we haven't looked like scoring after 60 we need to bring Keatings on. He was a total handful against Falkirk, great wee player.

Jones28
18-05-2016, 10:43 PM
Start Keatings and Stokes, Cummings had a terrific attempt in the Falkirk 2nd leg but other than that just has not looked interested in the past few games.

Ronniekirk
18-05-2016, 10:58 PM
I'd go with Stokes and Keatings but I've got a sneaky suspicion any goals will come from someone else. I keep seeing Hanlon getting on the end of a Henderson corner!
Weird ....., but I'd take it .

Weord right enough Alf If its happening more than once a day get yourself to the doctors mate green grin