PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup Final 2016 - Predictions

Diclonius
18-05-2016, 10:57 AM
With the dust partially settled from Friday and 3 days before the final, what do you think is going to happen?

Lancs Harp
18-05-2016, 11:11 AM
We are going to win 4-2 in an epic.

CallumLaidlaw
18-05-2016, 11:12 AM
3-1 Rangers

Waxy
18-05-2016, 11:13 AM
We've not scored first away from ER since Raith away in March.
Last two we lost a lead. We've not won at hampden over 90 minutes since Against Aberdeen few years back.We've played Rangers in four national finals and never won over 90 minutes. We've lost a list of Scottish cup finals since we last won it.
I'll go 1-0 Hibs John Mcginn to get it.

Beefster
18-05-2016, 11:35 AM
My head says an agonising injury-time winner for them or the game over before half-time.

My heart says McGregor to pop up in the 80th minute with a bullet header and then 15 minutes of nails shredded, heart attacks and cursing on a world class scale.

SlickShoes
18-05-2016, 11:38 AM
My head says an agonising injury-time winner for them or the game over before half-time.

My heart says McGregor to pop up in the 80th minute with a bullet header and then 15 minutes of nails shredded, heart attacks and cursing on a world class scale.

This is where I am too, either a heartbreaking defeat or an embarrassing one.

In my heart we put 3 or 4 past them and win at a canter, with every hibs player having the game of their life.

chrisski33
18-05-2016, 11:42 AM
They will win by 2-3 goals
Already too much beings said on here about how we will win only for us to have eggs on our faces come sat evening

Diclonius
18-05-2016, 11:43 AM

Yup, probably the latter.

If we're winning this game then it's going to be a comfortable win, i.e. 2-0 or 3-1. We won't see out a one goal lead in the last ten.

Gatecrasher
18-05-2016, 11:44 AM
2-0 Rangers

I cant see us winning this

SteveHFC
18-05-2016, 11:47 AM
2-1 Hibs.

We'll do what Man U did in 99 against Bayern. Keatings and Dagnall to come off the bench to score both goals in stoppage time.

Captain Trips
18-05-2016, 11:49 AM
2-0 to Hibs.

killie-hibby
18-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Sevco and Referee 4. Hibernian 1

SeanWilson
18-05-2016, 11:53 AM
cant see past us winning this. Can't be hard to lift the gyus for this match and we know we have the beating of them. They've lost momentum and this match means absolutely everything to us.

Still, likely to do with the last penalty kick having lost my dad to a heart attack in the process :greengrin

Pretty Boy
18-05-2016, 12:42 PM
3-1 Rangers.

2-0 down after about 55 minutes, goal with 15 to go to get back in it and then hit on the break late on as we throw everything at it.

I'm not worried about us getting 'embarrassed'. We will give a decent account of ourselves but just fall short.

joebakerforever
18-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Four nil to the Huns.

Overall, they have better quality players and have had far more time to prepare properly than us.

Expect Lee Wallace to rip us down the wing and our defence unable to handle Waghorn.

KeithTheHibby
18-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Some cheery predictions on here from Hibs fans.

I am quietly confident we can win this. What makes this mob so special???!! Our head to head record against them this season is 50/50 so those predicting a skelping for us are way wide of the mark.

We can win this weekend, that I am sure of.

SJM
18-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Depends if they get an early goal or not.

1-4 them or 2-1 us. Put my house on Kenny Miller scoring.

rcarter1
18-05-2016, 12:49 PM
0-0 after full time, 0-0 after extra time. Hibs win 3-2 on penalties, keeper 'own goal' howler for our winner..

KeithTheHibby
18-05-2016, 12:50 PM
Four nil to the Huns.

Overall, they have better quality players and have had far more time to prepare properly than us.

Expect Lee Wallace to rip us down the wing and our defence unable to handle Waghorn.

So you think sitting on your backsides for 3 weeks is better than playing competitive games?

Stubbs might be tactically niave however I seriously doubt Wallace will be allowed to rip us up. If we play with 5 at the back Wallace will barely get forward.

As for Waghorn what is to worry about him? He has played one match in almost 3 months so his fitness will be well short.

Never in a month of Sundays will it be 4-0 to them.

CallumLaidlaw
18-05-2016, 01:00 PM
So you think sitting on your backsides for 3 weeks is better than playing competitive games?

Stubbs might be tactically niave however I seriously doubt Wallace will be allowed to rip us up. If we play with 5 at the back Wallace will barely get forward.

As for Waghorn what is to worry about him? He has played one match in almost 3 months so his fitness will be well short.

Never in a month of Sundays will it be 4-0 to them.

When talking about the match sharpness thing on Sportsound, the former pros said theyd much rather have been playing games as it took a number of matches to get to full match sharpness.

While I think we'll get beat, I cant see 4-0, and think both teams will score.

tamig
18-05-2016, 01:02 PM
I think threads like this should be banned. Just don't see the point at all.

Greencore
18-05-2016, 01:04 PM

Cool story bro.

SeanWilson
18-05-2016, 01:07 PM

who shat in your kettle?

Glesgahibby
18-05-2016, 01:07 PM
4-1 or 4-2 the hibs!!
Played them 4 times this season"proper competition only"
And beaten them twice and unlucky in the other two.
If we want the team to be up for this,then we have to be up for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheMentalHibees
18-05-2016, 01:45 PM
We're going to win. What's the point in going if you think we'll lose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

killie-hibby
18-05-2016, 01:51 PM

In my case it's an addiction.
:flag:

SpaceBob
18-05-2016, 01:51 PM
1-0 Hibs (Keatings)

SpaceBob
18-05-2016, 01:52 PM

Agree.

Diclonius
18-05-2016, 01:59 PM

Because in the event that we actually do manage to win it will be the best thing ever.

DTS
18-05-2016, 02:09 PM
3-2 hibs cummimgs first goal(if he starts) money on him and Miller both to score

pontius pilate
18-05-2016, 02:13 PM
I said at the semi final draw and after the R.C final we would get them and beat them 1-0 last minute o.g deflection.

GGTTH

Greencore
18-05-2016, 02:18 PM
2-2 hibs win extra time mcginn or fyvie winner.

Since90+2
18-05-2016, 02:22 PM
2-1 Hibs.

Winner around 85 minutes.

erskine-hibby
18-05-2016, 02:23 PM
At not one game against them this season , including the gubbins at the start, did I think they were anything special against us and we could have won any of the games. So why should they hold any fear for us?
I'm going for a narrow hibs win 2 or 3-1.

Hibrandenburg
18-05-2016, 03:06 PM
I'm not there so Hibs will lose. I've been to 2 Scottish Cup Finals and haven't seen us lose one yet. 3-2 Rangers.

Aldo
18-05-2016, 03:13 PM
We turn up and play we will win IMHO!

We freeze and it's a defeat.

We must compete and stay disciplined and play our game.

I will probably think different once the team:formation is announced.

Vini1875
18-05-2016, 03:42 PM
The team which has defeated Raith Rovers has gone on to win the win the cup the last three years. Good enough omen for me.

Ronniekirk
18-05-2016, 04:56 PM
We turn up and play we will win IMHO!

We freeze and it's a defeat.

We must compete and stay disciplined and play our game.

I will probably think different once the team:formation is announced.

Against Dundee United we looked dead on our feet after about 65 minutes Don't think we would go unpunished on Saturday if that happens unless Logan finds that Hamden inspiration and form to shut them out
No making a prediction they rarely come to fruition

Viva_Palmeiras
18-05-2016, 04:57 PM
It's absolutely stoatin it down in the weedge today hope the weather lets up and the pitch isn't a factor.

I don't do predictions. Too close to call.

Aldo
18-05-2016, 05:22 PM
Against Dundee United we looked dead on our feet after about 65 minutes Don't think we would go unpunished on Saturday if that happens unless Logan finds that Hamden inspiration and form to shut them out No making a prediction they rarely come to fruition

TBH Ronnie they are as averages as us and if we can play half decent we will do ok.

Discipline and taking our chances a must on Saturday and not giving the ref any opportunity to give them any advantage.

I expect both their FB's to push on and we need to exploit this. They are weak through the middle of defence and not very good at set pieces (mind you we're not that great either) but hoping Hanlon and MacGregor can get in about the goals from this.

Will be well nervous on Saturday!

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2016, 05:24 PM
2-1 to Hibernian. First goal is crucial, but got a feeling we will win it.....:flag:

shetlandhibee
18-05-2016, 05:31 PM
3 1 hibs 2 0 at halftime then they get a deflected goal at the start off the 2nd half ,nerve shreding 30 mins then jason comes off the bench to net a third 2 mins from time....its written in the stars :flag:a black cat crossed my path this afternoon, and ive just saved a spider out off my bath ...:cbIMHO euphoria will grip leith on saturday night and ill be in the middle off it..!T!!! GGTTH

Keith_M
18-05-2016, 05:52 PM
I'm not there so Hibs will lose. I've been to 2 Scottish Cup Finals and haven't seen us lose one yet. 3-2 Rangers.

You managed to conveniently leave out the fact that both of those were 0-0

:greengrin

itslegaltender
18-05-2016, 06:33 PM
Have a sneaky feeling Cummings is going to be our match winner.

Albanian Hibs
18-05-2016, 06:37 PM
3-2 to someone

Dobosz83
18-05-2016, 06:41 PM
Fair play to everyone who voted 'win' - I tip my hat to your optimism and belief.

It's really down to personal opinion. There's is no right or wrong in this poll. I've voted loss. I was asked my plans for Saturday today, I still have that awful sinking feeling from last Friday... it won't shift at the moment :rolleyes:

I'd love nothing more than a last minute winner, I've began losing sleep, I believe it's directly linked to the final! :cb

The 2012 & 2013 finals, the capitulation against Hamilton relegating us, last season's semi defeat after an interception off the ref moments before they equalised! Rangers in the playoffs last year, Ross County in the 90th minute in our first cup final this year and Falkirk last Friday in yet again, the last minute!

I hope and pray for a Hibs win, for all of us and a loved one I made a promise to before they passed on 14 years ago. However, I can't see it and simply don't want to build my hopes up!

I'll be there though, drunk and cheering them on, just in case!! :agree:

Hibrandenburg
18-05-2016, 07:05 PM
You managed to conveniently leave out the fact that both of those were 0-0

No, I'm 127 years old and you were in my class at school. :greengrin

Edinburgher
18-05-2016, 07:28 PM
I think we will win - we need to attack them early though to take advantage of their lack of sharpness - if we get an early goal then we will win but probably need two as they are bound to score at some stage 2-1 Hibs.

Allan45
18-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Hibs win, who cares what score, we really need to turn up for this. This team can do it. Keatings and stokes for me. Cummings will be a sub I hope. Would like key gunnerson to start.
Losing the league cup final should be a boost. We really need to put at least 50% of shots on goal away.
cummings show boating has lost him a starting place IMO. I don't want to leave Hampden on Saturday as another hibs loss in another cup final. Hope everyone plays their green hearts out:flag:

rcarter1
18-05-2016, 07:49 PM
I think we will win - we need to attack them early though to take advantage of their lack of sharpness - if we get an early goal then we will win but probably need two as they are bound to score at some stage 2-1 Hibs.

Im most worried as to just how many goals we are capable of losing when the nerves kick in. If we were 3-0 inside 15 minutes, Id still be absolutely terrified! :worried:

lugz
18-05-2016, 07:53 PM
I think it'll be 2-1 to someone, who that someone is I have no idea.

SanFranHibs
18-05-2016, 08:05 PM
I have now had three dreams in the past couple of months and in each one we won. The first dream i assumed was Celtic as they were in the other semi but the only thing that was certain in the three dreams was that we won.

I am sticking with it. A one goal victory.

:flag:

Allan45
18-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Hibs win, who cares what score, we really need to turn up for this. This team can do it. Keatings and stokes for me. Cummings will be a sub I hope. Would like key gunnerson to start.
Losing the league cup final should be a boost. We really need to put at least 50% of shots on goal away.
cummings show boating has lost him a starting place IMO. I don't want to leave Hampden on Saturday as another hibs loss in another cup final. Hope everyone plays their green hearts out:flag:

.Sean.
18-05-2016, 08:22 PM
Am I living in some parallel universe where we're playing Barcelona in Rangers tops? :confused:

Some folk need to stop pissing the bed and fearing a thumping. No gonna happen.

3-1 Hibs.

Baldy Foghorn
18-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Am I living in some parallel universe where we're playing Barcelona in Rangers tops? :confused:

Some folk need to stop pissing the bed and fearing a thumping. No gonna happen.

3-1 Hibs.

:top marks

Sir David Gray
18-05-2016, 08:29 PM
I said right after the Falkirk game on Friday that we had no chance of recovering in time for Saturday.

I'm slowly getting over the disappointment of that match and starting to look forward to the final and feeling a bit more confident.

2-1 Hibs. :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
18-05-2016, 08:50 PM
no predictions, but hopefully we don't allow The Rangers to win their first scottish cup...yuk

Torto7062
18-05-2016, 08:57 PM
I have very good memories of Hampden v Huns
https://youtu.be/u-GRqiiwSBE

I'll take that again

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nicho87
18-05-2016, 08:57 PM
3-0 the huns.

hibs69
18-05-2016, 09:17 PM
3-2 Hibs.

COME ON!!!

monktonharp
18-05-2016, 09:49 PM
I think threads like this should be banned. Just don't see the point at all.best not to read the posts mate, I'm thinking that now although I do think we'll win. I am the eternal optimist I suppose but cant see my team lying down to them. we have lost so much this season and some of it with downright hard luck, never mind that penalty that was not given. our players must feel hard done by, and want to regain some respect for what has transpired . a narrow win for us, if we can hold their initial onslaught. their fans will try to impose themselves very early and we need to counter that part.

IWasThere2016
18-05-2016, 10:55 PM
Hibs 6-5 on pens .. TQM and many fellow Hibees traumatised for a long time afterwards :greengrin

Springbank
19-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Initial gut feel was 1-1 and then Cummings to score the winning penalty.

Sneaky feeling for 3-2 Hibs though.
Late winner...

Col2
19-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Tough one this. If asked right after Friday night i would have said 3-0 or 4-0 them and another Hampden nightmare.

Since then there has been no mouthing off to the press, manager position seems to be more certain and players in training have been flying in with tackles and determination very high.

I honestly expect to see a reaction from the team in this game. I think they know this is last chance saloon for redemption.

So I am going to say 2-2 after 90 mins and a penalty win for the Hibees to send us all into a combination of total ecstasy and shock.

PeeJay
19-05-2016, 04:39 PM
They won the league because they were more consistent than us, but on the day we can match them and even beat them ... think we can surprise them and all of Scotland 3-1 for us ...

theonlywayisup
19-05-2016, 04:45 PM
I'm going to Hampden expecting defeat. Obviously, there is the hope that we play well against a team that is not as good as they (Newco) think they are.

However, this is Hibs. This is Hampden. I really can't see us doing it.

But, one day soon.................

truehibernian
19-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Hibs are 11/2 to win with both teams scoring - Dazza is 11/1 anytime scorer.

I'm having a wee bite at both.

Franck Stanton
19-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Head says The Rangers win, heart says we win 2-1. Hope ma heart wins.
How I see it going [unfortunately] : -
Blue-nosed bigot-neck pace, score with first 10 min, we look/act like a rabbit caught in the headlights, lose a second goal around 20/25min. H/T - 2-0 to them.
Second half we get caught cold, they score within 5 min -game/contest over. We rally a bit, play some nice football, even score a goal. They then go upfield after we put a long period of pressure on them, score against run of play, - game over. 4-1 to them.
Hope with every fiber of my being I am wrong.
P.S. - Devil, if you are looking in I will gladly sell you my soul for a Hibs win.

Keith_M
19-05-2016, 06:11 PM
No, I'm 127 years old and you were in my class at school. :greengrin

Cheeky auld b*gg*r

Skol
19-05-2016, 06:59 PM
I have seen Hibs play rangers at Hampden twice.......and I have yet to see Hibs lose.

19-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Hibs 6-5 on pens .. TQM and many fellow Hibees traumatised for a long time afterwards :greengrin

Jesus, not sure my heart could physically cope with another penalty shoot out!

rcarter1
19-05-2016, 07:27 PM
Head says The Rangers win, heart says we win 2-1. Hope ma heart wins.
How I see it going [unfortunately] : -
Blue-nosed bigot-neck pace, score with first 10 min, we look/act like a rabbit caught in the headlights, lose a second goal around 20/25min. H/T - 2-0 to them.
Second half we get caught cold, they score within 5 min -game/contest over. We rally a bit, play some nice football, even score a goal. They then go upfield after we put a long period of pressure on them, score against run of play, - game over. 4-1 to them.
Hope with every fiber of my being I am wrong.
P.S. - Devil, if you are looking in I will gladly sell you my soul for a Hibs win.

Wooah. Lets give the players a chance first. 5 minutes to go we're not winning then go for it..:devil:

One Day Soon
19-05-2016, 08:31 PM
I'm going to Hampden expecting defeat. Obviously, there is the hope that we play well against a team that is not as good as they (Newco) think they are.

However, this is Hibs. This is Hampden. I really can't see us doing it.

But, one day soon.................

Oi! Get your tanks off my lawn.

I said earlier in the thread I'm now expecting us to win. 3-1 will do it. And looking forward to having to change my moniker afterwards...

theonlywayisup
19-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Oi! Get your tanks off my lawn.

I said earlier in the thread I'm now expecting us to win. 3-1 will do it. And looking forward to having to change my moniker afterwards...

I think One Day Soon says it all. It's going to happen, one day...........soon!

I think that I should change mine too. Ever since I came up with theonlywayisup, it's actually gone the other way!!!

SteveHFC
19-05-2016, 08:55 PM
I have seen Hibs play rangers at Hampden twice.......and I have yet to see Hibs lose.

Only seen us play them once at Hampden and we won on pens.

EH54
19-05-2016, 08:56 PM
Only seen us play them once at Hampden and we won on pens.

Same and we were more underdogs that night

Keep the faith

GGTTH

Brightside
19-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Hibs will win 3-2.....Paul Hanlon with the winner in the 84th minute with a left foot drive.

Greencore
19-05-2016, 08:59 PM
I think if hibs were to score in the last minute to win there would definitely be a pitch invasion at full time.

theonlywayisup
19-05-2016, 09:04 PM
As I have said above, I don't think it will happen, but................imagine what Sunshine on Leith will be like if we win it.

Goosebunks, just thinking about it!!! I would be crying by the second line.

SteveHFC
19-05-2016, 09:05 PM
Same and we were more underdogs that night

Keep the faith

GGTTH

More of the same please on Saturday.

Glory Lurker
19-05-2016, 09:23 PM
We can definitely do it. I'm not going to dare predict the result, though. I just can't bring myself to do it! I will predict that I'll be just about passing out with nerves at 3 on Saturday :pray::ill::panic::worried::faint::dizzy::hyper:fl ag:

Hi Heid Yin
19-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Common sense tells me that The Rangers should win, but my gut feeling is that we will somehow win the damn thing by the odd goal.

Hermit Crab
19-05-2016, 09:26 PM
This is too much for me, I wish it was over already. :boo hoo:

Diclonius
26-05-2016, 01:32 PM
3-2 Hibs.

COME ON!!!

Winner.

I think if hibs were to score in the last minute to win there would definitely be a pitch invasion at full time.

Also correct.

Seven up
07-06-2016, 08:16 PM
Initial gut feel was 1-1 and then Cummings to score the winning penalty.

Sneaky feeling for 3-2 Hibs though.
Late winner...
Wow......

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-06-2016, 08:26 PM

If only the police were able to make such predictions [emoji849]

Greencore
07-06-2016, 08:29 PM
If only the police were able to make such predictions [emoji849]

😂

hibby6270
07-06-2016, 09:17 PM
Hibs will win 3-2.....Paul Hanlon with the winner in the 84th minute with a left foot drive.

It's good but it's not quite Carling! :wink::wink: