PDA

View Full Version : Any Midlands Hibby's fancy watching the cup final in Cheltenham ?

worcesterhibby
17-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Persevere 1875 who posts on this board has a pub in Cheltenham that will be showing the cup final. I'm thinking of jumping on the train and watching the final there...any Anglo-Hibs fans interested in joining me ?

ben johnson
18-05-2016, 12:50 AM
Persevere 1875 who posts on this board has a pub in Cheltenham that will be showing the cup final. I'm thinking of jumping on the train and watching the final there...any Anglo-Hibs fans interested in joining me ?

I watched the Falkirk second leg in the pub. Gaffer was laid low but Gordon from Kelso was serving. Hibs crest behind the bar and pictures of ex Hibs players. Great beer selection and cider on draught. Hibs ruined what was shaping up to be a great night. A real haven for Hibbies on the road and he deserves a bit of support Great pub and very friendly locals who seemed to be used to Hibs fans roaring at the television. 2 good sized screens and Gordon told the locals the music was going off the game was the only show in town.
Adam and Eve Townsend Street. Very good chippie 5 minute walk away

worcesterhibby
18-05-2016, 07:58 AM
I watched the Falkirk second leg in the pub. Gaffer was laid low but Gordon from Kelso was serving. Hibs crest behind the bar and pictures of ex Hibs players. Great beer selection and cider on draught. Hibs ruined what was shaping up to be a great night. A real haven for Hibbies on the road and he deserves a bit of support Great pub and very friendly locals who seemed to be used to Hibs fans roaring at the television. 2 good sized screens and Gordon told the locals the music was going off the game was the only show in town.
Adam and Eve Townsend Street. Very good chippie 5 minute walk away

Will you be there for the final ?

ben johnson
18-05-2016, 08:25 AM
Will you be there for the final ?

No I was working that way on the Friday. I'm at Hampden on Saturday.

OxoHibby
18-05-2016, 08:43 AM

What is the name of the pub? Not sure I'll make it for the final but sounds worth a wee visit when I'm Cheltenham way, espescially given the barman is from my home toon

ben johnson
18-05-2016, 08:50 AM
What is the name of the pub? Not sure I'll make it for the final but sounds worth a wee visit when I'm Cheltenham way, espescially given the barman is from my home toon

Pub is the Adam and Eve. Townsend Street.

Gordon told me he was Hampden bound for the game.

worcesterhibby
18-05-2016, 09:18 AM
Pub is the Adam and Eve. Townsend Street.

Gordon told me he was Hampden bound for the game.

He is but the pub is still definitely showing the match

cheltenhamhibee
18-05-2016, 10:30 AM
The game will definitely be on, you'll all be made very welcome # wear green (might even get a free pint if you wear your Hibs top, subject to Jocks genorousity ;-) )

persevere1875
18-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Free Pint's Goggs'y ?? What you doing to me LOL, The game will def be on and I'm led to believe by my good lady wife there will be free scotch pies at half time, I'll be Hampden bound so yer on yer own boys, fill your boots but as a previous poster said It's a Hibs pub in the heart of Cheltenham, the local's have been well trained and they know when the Hibs are on it is the only show in town, IF and only IF we finally break the hoodoo, I've left instructions to free bar it GGTTH

cheltenhamhibee
18-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Free bar ? Anyone want ma ticket ? (Joking)

southern hibby
18-05-2016, 11:06 AM

Can I ask why your not going to the game??? No ticket??

GGTTH

worcesterhibby
18-05-2016, 11:44 AM
Can I ask why your not going to the game??? No ticket??

GGTTH

No ticket and family commitments on the Sunday..made it up for the League Cup final..but can't make this one.

mim
18-05-2016, 11:56 AM
No ticket and family commitments on the Sunday..made it up for the League Cup final..but can't make this one.

Good, that means we've got a chance. :devil:

worcesterhibby
18-05-2016, 01:27 PM

hahaha you might be right..although I was at the 91 and 2007 finals

worcesterhibby
18-05-2016, 01:38 PM

Jeez I've only just noticed who you are..how are you doing Mike ?

worcesterhibby
21-05-2016, 09:05 AM
Right there will be at least two of us travelling to the Adam & Eve in Cheltenham for the final. Any other Hibbys in the area get along and support the team together.

cheltenhamhibee
25-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Right there will be at least two of us travelling to the Adam & Eve in Cheltenham for the final. Any other Hibbys in the area get along and support the team together.

Glad a few of you made the trip and enjoyed your day, hope to see you all again soon #GGTTHPERSEVERED

gorgie greens
25-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Got to say the hospitality was great ,cried at the final whistle but the drinks were flowing , I came with a couple of boys from Cardiff and loved every minute of it

Finn2015
25-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Any of you travel regularly to games?

cheltenhamhibee
25-05-2016, 10:34 PM
Any of you travel regularly to games?

Not as often as we'd like, work commitments unfortunately tend to prevent it, every game on TV is screened though

Finn2015
25-05-2016, 10:44 PM
Not as often as we'd like, work commitments unfortunately tend to prevent it, every game on TV is screened though

Yeah it is true, travel is expensive and problematic at times. Would like to keep in touch with hibees from the region

cheltenhamhibee
25-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Yeah it is true, travel is expensive and problematic at times. Would like to keep in touch with hibees from the region

No problem doing that, all or most on here and Jock, Clare and myself can always be reached at the Adam and Eve and on our facebook page

Finn2015
25-05-2016, 11:25 PM
Brilliant thanks mate will look for the Facebook page

cheltenhamhibee
25-05-2016, 11:46 PM
Always good to meet fellow Hi-Bees, the more the merrier :flag: