PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final Travel

PerfectlyFranck
17-05-2016, 03:43 PM
I'm either driving to Edinburgh & taking train or just driving straight through to Hampden.

I've only travelled via supporters buses when we've been in the East, so I'm not sure about travel. Is there a particular train/station for each set of supporters?
Any tips for Hibbies travelling via car to Hampden or by train would be appreciated.

:not worth

TheMentalHibees
17-05-2016, 04:57 PM
Not sure about driving but for trains avoid mount Florida when you travel to hampden from Glasgow, pretty sure that takes you to the west side of the stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH1875
17-05-2016, 05:14 PM
Edinburgh Waverly to Glasgow Queen St.
5 mins walk from Queen Street to Glasgow Central (follow the crowds).
Glasgow Central to Kings park.
5 mins walk from Kings Park to the stadium (follow the crowd).

Just do the reverse to got home :aok:

HibbyDave
18-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Think there is s lot of work going on at Queen Street and train may go straight to central station.

JimBHibees
18-05-2016, 09:15 AM
Think there is s lot of work going on at Queen Street and train may go straight to central station.

Dont think thats right think all the Queen Street trains are going to Queens Street lower level. The Edinburgh - Helensburgh train goes there also running through Livingston, Bathgate, Airdrie etc. There is an Edinburgh train direct to Central which runs through Livingston South/ West Calder / Shotts etc.

Check this site for info. https://www.scotrail.co.uk/

dp00
18-05-2016, 09:36 AM
Im taking the car , any ideas on where to park ? Is it worth just risking Asda ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibbyDave
18-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Dont think thats right think all the Queen Street trains are going to Queens Street lower level. The Edinburgh - Helensburgh train goes there also running through Livingston, Bathgate, Airdrie etc. There is an Edinburgh train direct to Central which runs through Livingston South/ West Calder / Shotts etc.

Check this site for info. https://www.scotrail.co.uk/

Cheers Mate!

hibs0666
18-05-2016, 10:10 AM
Scotrail info...

We’ll be helping football fans travel to Hampden Park for the William Hill Scottish Cup Final, where Rangers will play Hibernian on Saturday 21 May, kicking off at 3pm.

To help fans get to and from the game, we’ll be adding extra carriages to trains for Mount Florida and King’s Park. However, services are expected to be extremely busy.

We’ll have separate queuing systems in place at Glasgow Central before the match to help get fans to the appropriate stadium entrance as quickly as possible. Extra staff will be on hand to direct passengers to the appropriate queue.

Fans travelling to Mount Florida at busy times will be directed to join the queuing area at the entrance across from La Lanterna restaurant on Hope Street. Those heading to King’s Park should anticipate queuing on the main concourse at Glasgow Central beforehand.

After the match, fans should be prepared to queue at Mount Florida/King’s Park for their return journey.

Customers travelling from Edinburgh should also be aware that queuing systems will be in place at Waverley station beforehand to help manage the anticipated crowds. Please note - journeys will be affected by Queen Street improvement works, which means trains will take longer, depart at different times, and may have a different final destination.