PDA

View Full Version : Alan and the Players

madhibee_again
17-05-2016, 03:03 PM
This club has some of the proudest history in Scotland and Britain. First to wear the green. First to win successive 1st and 2nd Division Championships. First British club in Europe. A club that fought from the day it was founded and his never stopped fighting. It fought adversity, sectarianism and more to become part of the fabric of Scottish football. It was a club on its knees about to be bought over by its biggest rivals, but it refused to be beaten, the fans refused to be beaten. And now it will refuse to beaten again.

The fans are disappointed, of course we are, I'm sure you are too, but every man, woman, boy and girl will be by your side urging you over the line on Saturday. As you walk out you will be met with a sea of green. 21,000 fans on your side. With you every step of the way.

This club has had some of the greatest players Scotland, and the world, has ever seen pull on those green and white sleeved tops. The Famous Five, Pat Stanton, George Best, Frank Sauzee, Turnbulls Tornadoes, Steve Archibald, all of them, and more, legends of the game who will be continued to be talked about years from now. However in the minds of thousands of Hibs fans you could put yourselves in a band and memory higher than these incredible football players. Win the Scottish Cup and you will become immortal. In the words of Benjamin Franklin, "If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write something worth reading or do things worth writing". This is your chance to do that. There's currently not a Hibs fan alive who has seen us win the Scottish Cup. That's what you're playing for. To create history. To create something never seen before. Something that has never been captured on film. Something that will be played again and again. And again. A moment that will be talked about forever more.

A turning point.

Be bold. Be legends. Be immortal. Be Hibs. Make history.

Itsnoteasy
17-05-2016, 07:35 PM
This club has some of the proudest history in Scotland and Britain. First to wear the green. First to win successive 1st and 2nd Division Championships. First British club in Europe. A club that fought from the day it was founded and his never stopped fighting. It fought adversity, sectarianism and more to become part of the fabric of Scottish football. It was a club on its knees about to be bought over by its biggest rivals, but it refused to be beaten, the fans refused to be beaten. And now it will refuse to beaten again.

The fans are disappointed, of course we are, I'm sure you are too, but every man, woman, boy and girl will be by your side urging you over the line on Saturday. As you walk out you will be met with a sea of green. 21,000 fans on your side. With you every step of the way.

This club has had some of the greatest players Scotland, and the world, has ever seen pull on those green and white sleeved tops. The Famous Five, Pat Stanton, George Best, Frank Sauzee, Turnbulls Tornadoes, Steve Archibald, all of them, and more, legends of the game who will be continued to be talked about years from now. However in the minds of thousands of Hibs fans you could put yourselves in a band and memory higher than these incredible football players. Win the Scottish Cup and you will become immortal. In the words of Benjamin Franklin, "If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write something worth reading or do things worth writing". This is your chance to do that. There's currently not a Hibs fan alive who has seen us win the Scottish Cup. That's what you're playing for. To create history. To create something never seen before. Something that has never been captured on film. Something that will be played again and again. And again. A moment that will be talked about forever more.

A turning point.

Be bold. Be legends. Be immortal. Be Hibs. Make history.

The sad thing is we make History for all the wrong reasons these dayshttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/boo%20hoo.gif

matty_f
17-05-2016, 08:00 PM
The sad thing is we make History for all the wrong reasons these dayshttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/boo%20hoo.gif

Buzz Killington to the rescue.

GreenArmyyy!
17-05-2016, 08:03 PM
Absolutely fantastic post! We CAN do this!

majorhibs
17-05-2016, 08:09 PM

What exactly is the agenda wi that kind o response? I can be pessimistic & argumentative but thats goin to levels that should not be looked at 4 days afore a cup final. Get a grip. :flag: :flag: :flag:

Hi Heid Yin
17-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Fantastic op!!:flag::gwa:

Caversham Green
17-05-2016, 08:53 PM
What exactly is the agenda wi that kind o response? I can be pessimistic & argumentative but thats goin to levels that should not be looked at 4 days afore a cup final. Get a grip. :flag: :flag: :flag:

Sadly it's all over this forum just now. We're in a cup final with a real chance of winning it but every thread is turning into a whinge-fest about the manager.

FFS put it away until after the final.

#sickofit

madhibee_again
17-05-2016, 08:58 PM

Wasn't quite what I was going for...

hibs0666
17-05-2016, 09:25 PM

Man up for **** sake.

FitbaFolkKen
17-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Cracking post, getting excited now.

Ggtth

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Man up for **** sake.

What does that mean?

Elephant Stone
17-05-2016, 09:55 PM
Thinking about how much it means to so many people is what's picking me up from last week the most.

Lovely post, appreciated.

matty_f
17-05-2016, 10:05 PM
What does that mean?

I think it's the f-word. :agree:

Santa Cruz
17-05-2016, 10:10 PM
I think that most of us are still coming to terms with the disappointment of last weeks play off. But don't forget that we've beat them at Ibrox, Easter Road and also Hampden before. Loads of times. We can win this cup.