PDA

View Full Version : Welling Up

One Day Soon
17-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Keep thinking forward to the final and imagining what it would be like to see them win it with my boy and girl there. Then the Cup and SOL.

Well up every time. Please, please, please.

HibbySpurs
17-05-2016, 01:14 PM
Keep thinking forward to the final and imagining what it would be like to see them win it with my boy and girl there. Then the Cup and SOL.

Well up every time. Please, please, please.

I'm the same mate, going with my 13 & 9yo.... The 13yo could never support another club but I fear for the 9yo who lives his life surrounded by huns (wifes side of family).... This is really his first full season knowing what's going on and he's had to deal with all the ***** of the day already......

Win and he'll bleed green forever and a day but I genuinely fear he could be lost if he has to endure another defeat...... He's so desperate for us to win it makes me very nervous!!!!

Surely to **** this is our time, please for the love of God we deserve a break.

itslegaltender
17-05-2016, 01:22 PM
I'm the same mate, going with my 13 & 9yo.... The 13yo could never support another club but I fear for the 9yo who lives his life surrounded by huns (wifes side of family).... This is really his first full season knowing what's going on and he's had to deal with all the ***** of the day already......

Win and he'll bleed green forever and a day but I genuinely fear he could be lost if he has to endure another defeat...... He's so desperate for us to win it makes me very nervous!!!!

Surely to **** this is our time, please for the love of God we deserve a break.

lifting that cup will be a special moment, thinking of my Dad and Grandad who never got the chance to see it, will almost certainly push me over the edge during SOL, maybe the quietest ever version sung by us!

CallumLaidlaw
17-05-2016, 01:28 PM
Two sides of the coin for me. Will have my 67 year old dad on one side, and my 11 year old son on the other. One has seen the worst ever hibs teams, experienced cup glory but never seen us lift the Scottish, the other has now been a season ticket holder for 5 years, and has experienced 2 cup final defeats, a Malmo mauling, a relegation and 2 promotion play off defeats. He is yet to experience any kind of real "glory" except for the odd derby/rangers win. Hopefully they'll both get what they want on Saturday.

Hibernia&Alba
17-05-2016, 01:29 PM
There won't be a dry eye in the hoose if we win the thing.

NAE NOOKIE
17-05-2016, 01:31 PM
This is going to be known as the Kleenex cup final in years to come if everybody who thinks they are gonna' break down during SOL does it :greengrin

lugz
17-05-2016, 01:33 PM
It's all I've been thinking about this week, have woke up with Turnbulls tornadoes in my head the last few mornings.

I'm going on Saturday to have a good day out with friends and hope that the result goes our way...IF it happens it will be the greatest moment ever as a hibs fan.

I cried when we went 3-0 up against Killie in 07 knowing it was game over God knows how I'll react on Saturday.

SJM
17-05-2016, 01:50 PM
It will be the second best day of my life and the ultimate in football. I don't think sunshine on leith will happen with everyone greetin'.

SJM
17-05-2016, 01:51 PM
It's all I've been thinking about this week, have woke up with Turnbulls tornadoes in my head the last few mornings.

I'm going on Saturday to have a good day out with friends and hope that the result goes our way...IF it happens it will be the greatest moment ever as a hibs fan.

I cried when we went 3-0 up against Killie in 07 knowing it was game over God knows how I'll react on Saturday.

The start of Sunshine on leith finished me off when we won the league cup, I still thought they would come back at 3-1.

SlickShoes
17-05-2016, 02:37 PM
I used to get like this but have become jaded recently.

My rangers supporting pal told me last night that they aren't bothered about the cup and just want to get in to europe. Like when Celtc won it in 2013 they were done celebrating within 5 minutes, utterly depressing.

If we won I would be a complete wreck, someone would have to carry me out.