PDA

View Full Version : Something many will be thinking about - but are too afraid to ask

Carheenlea
17-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Right, to hell with superstition or worrying about looking daft if things don't go the way we want, I`m just going to ask what the likely celebratory plans would be if we win on Saturday?
Parade down Leith on return to the capital Saturday night? Sunday parade? Personally I`d like to celebrate with friends and fellow fans long into Saturday night then take my young family along to see a victory parade on Sunday. Has there been any talk of what to expect yet? Will be handy to know in advance.
(Some may feel that this type of talk just sets us up for a fall and provides easy ammunition for people (Yams/Huns), but I`ve never worried about what other fans think of us and never will.)

Alex Trager
17-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Right, to hell with superstition or worrying about looking daft if things don't go the way we want, I`m just going to ask what the likely celebratory plans would be if we win on Saturday?
Parade down Leith on return to the capital Saturday night? Sunday parade? Personally I`d like to celebrate with friends and fellow fans long into Saturday night then take my young family along to see a victory parade on Sunday. Has there been any talk of what to expect yet? Will be handy to know in advance.
(Some may feel that this type of talk just sets us up for a fall and provides easy ammunition for people (Yams/Huns), but I`ve never worried about what other fans think of us and never will.)

I reckon it'll go exactly as you have said mate.

It's what I am hoping for personally. Nothing from the club as of yet mind you.

If it happens I think we'll see leith walk like never before.

I am hoping it's so busy that busses have to take another route.

cleanyman
17-05-2016, 11:55 AM
I think I'll just go for a quiet walk around Glasgow and take it all in.

It will be incredible if we win it.

I won't know what to do

Onceinawhile
17-05-2016, 11:57 AM
I'd hope it'd be a Sunday parade.

Party on Saturday night, parade on Sunday.

I also hope plans aren't announced until 16:50 on Saturday night so as not to be cast back at us should we lose.

Sammy7nil
17-05-2016, 07:43 PM

It will be a horse and cart parade down Leith walk just like we ALWAYS do when we win the Scottish cup :wink: I would actually love it if we did do that, it would be so much fun and get it right up them as they would have nothing left to cling to. :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
17-05-2016, 07:47 PM
I'll either be in the hoose for 5.30 on Saturday night or 5.30 Monday night

Alfred E Newman
17-05-2016, 07:49 PM
It will be a horse and cart parade down Leith walk just like we ALWAYS do when we win the Scottish cup :wink: I would actually love it if we did do that, it would be so much fun and get it right up them as they would have nothing left to cling to. :greengrin

:thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
17-05-2016, 07:55 PM
If we do win you will find me on Cloud Nine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
17-05-2016, 07:57 PM
Was relieved when I opened this up and read the whole post, I thought it might be about whether we are required by the GFA to call them rangers, the rangers or the now defunct Glasgow rangers.

Ryan91
17-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Believe that it would be a Sunday afternoon parade, suspect that had we been in the Play-off final, the parade would probably have been the following Bank Holiday weekend.

StevieT
17-05-2016, 08:00 PM

:top marks

son of haggart
17-05-2016, 08:13 PM

That's exactly what happened when we won it in 98 - well apart from the parade being through gorgie rather than leith

The team bus got to Tynecastle sometime around 7pm or 8 I think (it got a bit hazy due to the beer). The parade was Sunday afternoon from the royal mile to Tynecastle. I missed the parade as my train back down to London was 1pm and no train would have got me back for work.

I'd guess yours would be exactly the same, not sure what route your team bus would come in (ours was obvious) and although I'm sure your right to not tempt fate it might be worth saying what way the team bus will come back win or lose, as people will want to line the route

allezsauzee
17-05-2016, 08:17 PM

yes! please let us do this :agree:

Hibby70
17-05-2016, 09:21 PM
I've got a ticket for Manic Street Preachers at the Hydro on Sat.

If we win I think I'd rather head home and go up town rather than stay in Glasgow. Or I might just get on the stage, hold my scarf up and sing sunshine on Leith before getting dragged off and beaten up by some Hun bouncers.

Torto7062
17-05-2016, 09:30 PM
I hope it goes like this....
Dear Mrs Torto7062 please don't worry about our Son or your Brother or myself,we have not been abducted by Alien's etc...what has happened is Hibs have won the Holy Grail.....Cya next weekend ya dirty hertz ****.
Love Torto
Love Torto jnr

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

chrisski33
17-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Jeez we had posts like this before 2012 cup final

FranckSuzy
17-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Dear Mrs Torto7062 please don't worry about our Son or your Brother or myself,we have not been abducted by Alien's etc...what has happened is Hibs have won the Holy Grail.....Cya next weekend ya dirty hertz ****.
Love Torto
Love Torto jnr

Nice!

Danderhall Hibs
17-05-2016, 09:53 PM

Probably the 2013 one as well.

It'd be mental if someone hadn't provisionally planned something. Doesn't mean anything.

SpaceBob
17-05-2016, 09:58 PM

I so wish they do the horse and cart if we win. One it would be ballsy as **** & funny and two stick right up the rest.

silverhibee
17-05-2016, 10:01 PM
I reckon it'll go exactly as you have said mate.

It's what I am hoping for personally. Nothing from the club as of yet mind you.

If it happens I think we'll see leith walk like never before.

I am hoping it's so busy that busses have to take another route.

Yep, all traffic closed on Leith walk, will be down to the police to sort it, not enough pubs so folk will just take to partying in the street and there is nothing that can stop us doing this if we win the game, that's the big problem, winning the game :greengrin but if we do Leith will be painted green.

#WearGreen

silverhibee
17-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Love Torto
Love Torto jnr

Bit harsh on Mrs Torto7062. :thumbsup:

Torto7062
18-05-2016, 05:48 AM
Bit harsh on Mrs Torto7062. :thumbsup:
😉 Obviously I wouldn't say that to her face...
#rearrangednose

Viva_Palmeiras
18-05-2016, 06:38 AM

Decide on a hashtag and use it in the event of the unmentionable.

Maybe it's reusing or complimenting the to #weargreen hashtag but I'm not jinxing it.

Onion
18-05-2016, 07:16 AM

😂 👍

HappyHanlon
18-05-2016, 07:20 AM
Lets have it on the Monday :thumbsup:

lets us have two solid days of celebration - although it should be a day for every year we've no won it.

Waxy
18-05-2016, 07:37 AM
Was relieved when I opened this up and read the whole post, I thought it might be about whether we are required by the GFA to call them rangers, the rangers or the now defunct Glasgow rangers.
Or a wee symbol like Prince did afkap. We could call them Fcfkar football club formerly known as rangers.

Moulin Yarns
18-05-2016, 07:53 AM

Hibernian football club have agreed with the City of Edinburgh Council and Police Scotland the following arrangements should the impossible happen on Saturday.

To tie in with tradition, on Sunday 22 May 2016, Hibernians will parade the holy grail by horse and cart through Edinburgh and Leith commencing at 12 noon from the City Chambers and proceeding down the High Street to the Canongate, where it will continue along Calton Road to Leith Walk. There will be a stop at each hostelry on Leith Walk from London Road to the Kirkgate to allow fans to indulge in the new fashion of photography, the procession will continue along Duke Street and thence up Easter Road, finishing at the Albion Road ground sometime around the 28th of May due to expected congestion. To accommodate the expected crowds there will be no trams running between York Place and Ocean Drive during the time of the cavalcade.

Billy McKirdy
18-05-2016, 08:01 AM
IF we win the proposed route (not sure exact time) on Sunday will be:

City Chambers on Royal Mile
North Bridge
Waterloo Place
Regent Road
Right down Easter Road
Back up Lochend Road
Hawkhill Avenue
Albion Place
Albion Road

The stadium will be open for entry until 1530 when the gates will close, anyone who wants to see the parade will not be able to also get in to the ground.

All this is to be announced.

PercyHibs
18-05-2016, 08:23 AM

North Bridge
Waterloo Place
Regent Road
Right down Easter Road
Back up Lochend Road
Hawkhill Avenue
Albion Place
Albion Road

The stadium will be open for entry until 1530 when the gates will close, anyone who wants to see the parade will not be able to also get in to the ground.

Im hearing 100 loyalty points to get in the ground. :stirrer:

Billy McKirdy
18-05-2016, 08:30 AM
Im hearing 100 loyalty points to get in the ground. :stirrer:

Actually, that wouldn't surprise me 😂

I know someone who was at a meeting yesterday to discuss a possible route should we win

Billy McKirdy
18-05-2016, 08:31 AM
Hibernian football club have agreed with the City of Edinburgh Council and Police Scotland the following arrangements should the impossible happen on Saturday.

To tie in with tradition, on Sunday 22 May 2016, Hibernians will parade the holy grail by horse and cart through Edinburgh and Leith commencing at 12 noon from the City Chambers and proceeding down the High Street to the Canongate, where it will continue along Calton Road to Leith Walk. There will be a stop at each hostelry on Leith Walk from London Road to the Kirkgate to allow fans to indulge in the new fashion of photography, the procession will continue along Duke Street and thence up Easter Road, finishing at the Albion Road ground sometime around the 28th of May due to expected congestion. To accommodate the expected crowds there will be no trams running between York Place and Ocean Drive during the time of the cavalcade.

I prefer this idea 😁👍😁👍

oneone73
I'm hoping for a rally on Leith Links

JimBHibees

With all the players and management dressed in 1900 clothes with huge moustaches and centre partings. One of the coaches could dress like Geronimo or Buffalo Bill. Too far ? :greengrin

Caversham Green
18-05-2016, 08:34 AM

And the 2007 one.

What's your point?

Frazerbob
18-05-2016, 08:37 AM
And the 2007 one.

What's your point?

Some people seem to think that what we discuss on here in some way influences the result. They probably also believe in some bearded all wonderful being who sits in a cloud and watches over us. Bonkers!

JimBHibees
18-05-2016, 08:40 AM
Some people seem to think that what we discuss on here in some way influences the result. They probably also believe in some bearded all wonderful being who sits in a cloud and watches over us. Bonkers!

Now you've jinxed it. :greengrin

Carheenlea
18-05-2016, 08:51 AM
That's exactly what happened when we won it in 98 - well apart from the parade being through gorgie rather than leith

The team bus got to Tynecastle sometime around 7pm or 8 I think (it got a bit hazy due to the beer). The parade was Sunday afternoon from the royal mile to Tynecastle. I missed the parade as my train back down to London was 1pm and no train would have got me back for work.

I'd guess yours would be exactly the same, not sure what route your team bus would come in (ours was obvious) and although I'm sure your right to not tempt fate it might be worth saying what way the team bus will come back win or lose, as people will want to line the route

You know, I'm sure watching your team arrive back at Tynecastle on the night would have been a more emotional experience than a Sunday Parade. I'd hope to be able to welcome a victorious Hibs team back at Easter Road. All if, buts and doyoumindifIdont's right now, but good to have some kind of forward planning just so we all know.

ALF TUPPER
18-05-2016, 09:29 AM
Love Torto
Love Torto jnr

Ya old romantic !! 🙈

SpaceBob
18-05-2016, 09:35 AM

I though Father Christmas had a sledge and reindeers.

Bad Martini
18-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Whatever the city council/polis permit WHEN we win the cup this weekend, you can bet 3 things:

1) They'll make it as difficult as possible for as many as possible, ideally as far apart from the joyous event as their yamish little methods will allow to somehow dilute the matter
2) They'll attempt to talk it down and say you've only won it once since 1902 yadda yadda ****ing yadda
3) They will announce 3 weeks of national mourning in Gorgie, allowing the yams sufficient time to recover from their loss of another ****ty beating stick to whack us with

We on the other hand will be joyous, drinking and giving them the biggest G I R F U Y possible, whilst laughing at the huns and the fact they really are very *****.

GLORY GLORY YA BASS. CUP IS OORS.

ENDOF :thumbsup::agree::thumbsup::aok::flag:

Lancs Harp
18-05-2016, 11:30 AM
I'm hoping for a rally on Leith Links

There's a fair chance I might up ending sleeping on Leith Links on Saturday night!!

Waxy
18-05-2016, 11:31 AM
If we win the cup we should refuse to give it back. We should go and bury it under the Roslin chapel or somewhere the like.

Alfred E Newman
18-05-2016, 11:32 AM
:agree:
In 2007 the open top bus went down Leith Walk at around 40 mph , a pace set by police motor cycle outriders .

Betty Boop
18-05-2016, 12:08 PM

North Bridge
Waterloo Place
Regent Road
Right down Easter Road
Back up Lochend Road
Hawkhill Avenue
Albion Place
Albion Road

Nae Leith Walk ? What a rubbish route ! :greengrin

ALF TUPPER
18-05-2016, 12:08 PM
If we win the cup we should refuse to give it back. We should go and bury it under the Roslin chapel or somewhere the like.

I'll look after it until we win again. I'll be 169 😊

Moulin Yarns
18-05-2016, 12:30 PM
I'll look after it until we win again. I'll be 169 

How do we know you won't do a runner :wink:

Alex Trager
18-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Whatever the city council/polis permit WHEN we win the cup this weekend, you can bet 3 things:

1) They'll make it as difficult as possible for as many as possible, ideally as far apart from the joyous event as their yamish little methods will allow to somehow dilute the matter
2) They'll attempt to talk it down and say you've only won it once since 1902 yadda yadda ****ing yadda
3) They will announce 3 weeks of national mourning in Gorgie, allowing the yams sufficient time to recover from their loss of another ****ty beating stick to whack us with

We on the other hand will be joyous, drinking and giving them the biggest G I R F U Y possible, whilst laughing at the huns and the fact they really are very *****.

GLORY GLORY YA BASS. CUP IS OORS.

ENDOF :thumbsup::agree::thumbsup::aok::flag:

Is that you Begbie?

HibbySpurs
18-05-2016, 01:08 PM

And for some inexplicable reason that he also has it in for Hibs....

Onion
18-05-2016, 01:31 PM

Good plan. This.... but in colour would be nice :agree:

http://forums.scottishfootballforums.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2012/post-2-133248672995.jpg

Moulin Yarns
18-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Good plan. This.... but in colour would be nice :agree:

http://forums.scottishfootballforums.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2012/post-2-133248672995.jpg

:aok:

ALF TUPPER
18-05-2016, 02:19 PM

Moi ?? 🤔

JimBHibees
18-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Moi ?? 樂

Username assuming. A fish supper then win the race. :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
18-05-2016, 02:23 PM

That's where I was coming from :aok:

Frazerbob
18-05-2016, 02:46 PM
And for some inexplicable reason that he also has it in for Hibs....

Now that I do believe.

ALF TUPPER
18-05-2016, 03:06 PM

Moi ?? 🤔

ALF TUPPER
18-05-2016, 03:08 PM

Hahahaha I'll nick it and eat a fish supper out of it . Salt n sauce. 👍🏻

son of haggart
18-05-2016, 03:11 PM
You know, I'm sure watching your team arrive back at Tynecastle on the night would have been a more emotional experience than a Sunday Parade. I'd hope to be able to welcome a victorious Hibs team back at Easter Road. All if, buts and doyoumindifIdont's right now, but good to have some kind of forward planning just so we all know.

Emotional doesn't really cover it - 34 years after my first match and that was the first trophy I'd seen us win (ditto my older late brother who sat next to me). At least you guys have won league cups in the mean time.
brought

Seeing the cup back was far better/ more emotional than parades i saw after the other cup finals. If you do win it and have to miss one or the other don't miss the coming back.

Logistics - another thing to think about is our bus got stuck in the crowds half a mile from Tynecastle so we just hopped out and found an offy then walked up to Tynecastle - the crowds would have been scary for a youngster near the ground as there was little crowd control and a huge number of people - the police completely underestimated it.

Can't say I'm wish you well as that would be hypocritical...but be safe

ancient hibee
18-05-2016, 05:54 PM
As I'm spending Saturday night in Glasgow I shall be glad if the victory parade can start late on the Sunday afternoon just to make sure I'm there.

18-05-2016, 06:08 PM

TBH its not about how threads like these will influence the game or the result but more that these threads can leave us open to ridicule if we get beat. In fairness though, nobody is getting ahead of themselves and assuming we are going to win, simply wanting to know what the plans are IF we manage to do it.

Hibby D
20-05-2016, 11:52 AM

Up there with my all time favourite posts in the history of .net :tee hee: