PDA

View Full Version : Pubs / Clubs before final for supporters making their own way to game

Aaron
17-05-2016, 10:58 AM
Anyone know what pubs or clubs close to Hampden that will be open to Hibs supporters for people making their own way to the ground?

We normally go to Church on the Hill or The Shed but guessing that will be full of Sevco given that it is their side of the ground.

:flag::flag:

Since90+2
17-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Montford behind the East Stand will be all Hibees. Its a fairly big boozer but you will need to get there fairly early to get in.

Aaron
17-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Montford behind the East Stand will be all Hibees. Its a fairly big boozer but you will need to get there fairly early to get in.

Think I know the one. Is it on the corner of the street? Sure I have been in there before.

skyehibee
17-05-2016, 11:07 AM
I was going to try The Beechwood? Will this be full of hibs fans?

Since90+2
17-05-2016, 11:13 AM
Montford is just off the main street , behind a couple of shops if a remember correctly. Its literally about a 5 minute walk to the East / North Stand.

On another point - Does anyone know if you can access Sections G in the east stand by walking along past Sections F or do you need to walk around the road that takes you to the South stand and in that way?

DH1875
17-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Think I know the one. Is it on the corner of the street? Sure I have been in there before.

Think that's the international bar your talking about.

DH1875
17-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Anyone know what pubs or clubs close to Hampden that will be open to Hibs supporters for people making their own way to the ground?

We normally go to Church on the Hill or The Shed but guessing that will be full of Sevco given that it is their side of the ground.

:flag::flag:

I'm amazed the police have given it the go ahead but apparently we do have the shed for this game.

Sioux
17-05-2016, 11:58 AM
Montford is just off the main street , behind a couple of shops if a remember correctly. Its literally about a 5 minute walk to the East / North Stand.

On another point - Does anyone know if you can access Sections G in the east stand by walking along past Sections F or do you need to walk around the road that takes you to the South stand and in that way?

Last 4 or 5 games I've gone the opposite way i.e. entering by turnstiles for Section G, adjacent to South stand, and walking round to Section F.

Glesgahibby
17-05-2016, 12:05 PM
I'm amazed the police have given it the go ahead but apparently we do have the shed for this game.
Loved the shed the last time.
If it's on? I think we'll take our chances and go again:agree:

SeanWilson
17-05-2016, 12:07 PM
Loved the shed the last time.
If it's on? I think we'll take our chances and go again:agree:

defo on, i confirmed my name on door yest with Tam. Great criach:agree:

Glesgahibby
17-05-2016, 12:14 PM
Nice one,a few beers,wee sing song and a black Hackney to the stadium.
SORTED:thumbsup:

Aaron
17-05-2016, 12:19 PM

Really? I wonder if the place will be busy,,,,not heard anything talk about it. Usually they have something on their Facebook. Don't really fancy the walk through Sevco from the Shed anyhoo.

hibIBZ
17-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Does anybody know of any child friendly pubs/clubs within walking distance of Hampden, usually head to the Montford but have an under age with us this time

Eaststandee
17-05-2016, 01:13 PM
Is there a Facebook event for this? If so can you send the link bud. Had a fine time in the shed last time.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

CorrieHibs
17-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Is there a Facebook event for this? If so can you send the link bud. Had a fine time in the shed last time.

Email Tam.....tcoy@1000al.com

Said he's got tickets left

Eaststandee
17-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Email Tam.....tcoy@1000al.com

Said he's got tickets left
Cheers mate 👍

Postman Pat
17-05-2016, 11:35 PM
I was going to try The Beechwood? Will this be full of hibs fans?

Yes

Broken Gnome
18-05-2016, 08:01 AM
Where are the majority heading pre-match that aren't booked into clubs etc? Not necessarily anywhere within short distance of Hampden.

DH1875
18-05-2016, 08:19 AM
Where are the majority heading pre-match that aren't booked into clubs etc? Not necessarily anywhere within short distance of Hampden.

500+ in the shed. Use the details above and they'll put your name on the door. Just be careful getting there as it'll be surrounded by Huns.

Broken Gnome
18-05-2016, 08:24 AM
500+ in the shed. Use the details above and they'll put your name on the door. Just be careful getting there as it'll be surrounded by Huns.

Cheers, was there for the Celtic final. Pub will suffice this time, and one not surrounded by Huns.

Moulin Yarns
18-05-2016, 08:25 AM
Cheers, was there for the Celtic final. Pub will suffice this time, and one not surrounded by Huns.

If you don't mind a bit of a walk, there are a few pubs in Rutherglen on the east side of the ground all about 30 minutes walk away

Broken Gnome
18-05-2016, 08:28 AM
If you don't mind a bit of a walk, there are a few pubs in Rutherglen on the east side of the ground all about 30 minutes walk away

That's sort of thing I was after, early lunch then a pub after in an area that wasn't isolated for where most of us would be. Thanks.

Cabbage East
18-05-2016, 08:45 AM
Should be a lively onefor those in The shed when they walk out pished and realise they are surrounded by thousands of huns. Can't believe the police have allowed that :faf:

DH1875
18-05-2016, 09:07 AM

Number 7 bus from Rutherglen will take you to our side of Hampden and only takes 5 minutes.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-05-2016, 10:32 AM
Number 7 bus from Rutherglen will take you to our side of Hampden and only takes 5 minutes.

Thats what I'll be doing.

Broken Gnome
18-05-2016, 11:34 AM
I'm refining my search to city centre, nearby Merchant City if possible.

Moulin Yarns
18-05-2016, 11:40 AM
I'm refining my search to city centre, nearby Merchant City if possible.

Plenty round the Fruitmarket/City Halls area.

Broken Gnome
18-05-2016, 11:52 AM
Plenty round the Fruitmarket/City Halls area.

Ah, but would they be accommodating for #weargreen?

Bad Martini
18-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Should be a lively onefor those in The shed when they walk out pished and realise they are surrounded by thousands of huns. Can't believe the police have allowed that :faf:

It's quality that counts...not quantity :aok::flag:

Glesgahibby
18-05-2016, 12:11 PM

I'm going outside,during the sunshine on lieth finally "hail a taxi"phone mate with scarfs hidden and ofski 😀

Broken Gnome
19-05-2016, 07:38 AM
Last one on this, if any Glasgow-familiar peopl can help much appreciated - looking at Merchant City and have Blackfriars, Ingram Wynd, O'Neill's, G-Town Lounge.... all within metres. Any reason - such as not being football crowd-friendly, having no Hibs fans nearby or worse still dominated by Huns - that I wouldn't safely pin hopes on one of those for pre-match?

hibs0666
19-05-2016, 07:46 AM
Last one on this, if any Glasgow-familiar peopl can help much appreciated - looking at Merchant City and have Blackfriars, Ingram Wynd, O'Neill's, G-Town Lounge.... all within metres. Any reason - such as not being football crowd-friendly, having no Hibs fans nearby or worse still dominated by Huns - that I wouldn't safely pin hopes on one of those for pre-match?

No reason at all. Enjoy.

DH1875
19-05-2016, 07:55 AM

Most if not all the pubs down there will let you in. It's traditionally an area where Celtic fans drink before and after their games so don't think you'll have any problems. If you are however turned away from one place, there's still plenty of others to choose from.
Word of advice though, as it's a well known area for Celtic fans to be drinking in, there always seems to be some sort of trouble after old firm games. Think the rangers/chelsea guys like to target it. No idea if this will be the case on Saturday night though.

Broken Gnome
19-05-2016, 08:07 AM
Thanks both.

leemel
19-05-2016, 10:48 AM
Turnstiles bar outside parkhead have a few spaces for buses left. PM me if interested.
Space to park the bus then a 12 minute drive down to hampden

ClewsHibs
20-05-2016, 02:01 PM
Anyone heading to the International bar or the montford house tomorrow?

Since90+2
20-05-2016, 02:12 PM
Anyone heading to the International bar or the montford house tomorrow?

They will both be rammed with Hibs fans.