PDA

View Full Version : Shed-load of great seats available for the final - utterly bizarre

hibs0666
17-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Section I4 has recently went on sale. When this has happened for other sections it has been to sell off a small number of tickets.

For some reason, the sale in Section I4 is very different, and the section would appear to be pretty much empty. For example, if you want 10 seats together, no problem - row NN.

Section I4 is both one of the best sections in Hampden and is a biggie. I reckon that there could be anywhere up to 1,500 prime seats still available. For that to be happening at this very late stage of ticket sales is a total nonsense.

Have you got an allocation that is all over the shop and want to consolidate it into better seats? I suggest that you get in touch with Hibs and get them to sort you out. It's the least that you and they deserve.

Amit - can you clarify what on earth has gone on this time?

Since90+2
17-05-2016, 09:12 AM
Certainly something very strange has went on with the sale of tickets for the final. We had multiple seats in F1 (best available seats apart from North IMO) come available yesterday along with a few dotted around the North and now prime seats in the south.

Topographic Hibby
17-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Very annoying.

This is where I was for Ross County final. Great seats (terrible result!) and I would have gone back there if they were on offer. Instead I have a shocking seat in G6 somewhere.

Maybe the result will make me feel better..........

Itsnoteasy
17-05-2016, 09:15 AM
Section I4 has recently went on sale. When this has happened for other sections it has been to sell off a small number of tickets.

For some reason, the sale in Section I4 is very different, and the section would appear to be pretty much empty. For example, if you want 10 seats together, no problem - row NN.

Section I4 is both one of the best sections in Hampden and is a biggie. I reckon that there could be anywhere between 1,000 and 1,500 prime seats still available. For that to be happening at this very late stage of ticket sales is a total nonsense.

Have you got an allocation that is all over the shop and want to consolidate it into better seats? I suggest that you get in touch with Hibs and get them to sort you out. It's the least that you and they deserve.

Amit - can you clarify what on earth has gone on this time?

At 4.30 on first day of sale I was told by ticketmaster that I had got the last 4 seats together in south stand:confused:

oneone73
17-05-2016, 09:17 AM
But Hibs said all but "a handful" of our allocation had been sold? Piss-ups and breweries spring to mind.

Big_Franck
17-05-2016, 09:19 AM
Agree with others on this thread, the release of decent seats in the north, F1 and now South I4 after fans had been forced to take the worst seats in the house in the East Stand is both confusing and frustrating.

SlickShoes
17-05-2016, 09:27 AM
The release of seats for any game at hampden is a total shambles.

I only managed to get 3 seats together and 1 elsewhere, now whole sections open up. Amazing.

Pete
17-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Hibs have stated that these are seats that they have just been handed by the organisers so I wish folk would stop blaming them. Hibs wouldn't deliberately hold them back or forget about them. Why would they?

These I4 ones were probably originally intended for the "football family" or prawn sandwich people but they haven't been taken up for some reason.

Big_Franck
17-05-2016, 09:33 AM
The release of seats for any game at hampden is a total shambles.

I only managed to get 3 seats together and 1 elsewhere, now whole sections open up. Amazing.

Agreed, Hampden ticket sales are always a complete farce. Why, in 2016, we can't have a system where we open up our entire allocation (in a game that will obviously sell out) and allow fans to pick individual seats is beyond me.

Instead we have this stupid system where we drip feed different sections out and only have the 'best available' option which is basically a lottery where you could be given first row, back row or anywhere in between. It's pathetic.

JeMeSouviens
17-05-2016, 09:36 AM
I wish I hadn't blinked and taken G6 on Saturday morning now. Oh well ...:rolleyes:

Brightside
17-05-2016, 09:38 AM
Hibs have stated that these are seats that they have just been handed by the organisers so I wish folk would stop blaming them. Hibs wouldn't deliberately hold them back or forget about them. Why would they?

These I4 ones were probably originally intended for the "football family" or prawn sandwich people but they haven't been taken up for some reason.

Exactly! :aok:

stantonhibby
17-05-2016, 09:39 AM

Easier to blame the club though

Since90+2
17-05-2016, 09:43 AM
If all these seats are from the SFA its just strange that they are all dotted around the stadium. F1 for instance is hardly a prime seat, its right in the middle of our allocation so a rather odd place to have tickets reserved for the SFA / Sponsors.

Not saying the club are not telling the truth it is just abit random how they are all dotted around , and in the middle of , our allocation.

hibs0666
17-05-2016, 09:46 AM
I wish I hadn't blinked and taken G6 on Saturday morning now. Oh well ...:rolleyes:

Phone the club and get them swapped mate.

JeMeSouviens
17-05-2016, 09:46 AM
Easier to blame the club though

Reading through the thread, there isn't much blame being thrown at the club?

tbh, I don't know whether the problem lies at the SFA, Hampden park ltd, ticketmaster, Hibs or some or all of the above. I do know it's a ****** pita that in 2016 we can't have a vanilla, run of the mill ticket sale where all seats are available and picked from a seat map. :confused::dunno::rolleyes:

stantonhibby
17-05-2016, 09:48 AM
Reading through the thread, there isn't much blame being thrown at the club?

tbh, I don't know whether the problem lies at the SFA, Hampden park ltd, ticketmaster, Hibs or some or all of the above. I do know it's a ****** pita that in 2016 we can't have a vanilla, run of the mill ticket sale where all seats are available and picked from a seat map. :confused::dunno::rolleyes:

I don't disagree.

Pat 0-7
17-05-2016, 09:52 AM
Thanks for that, thought my chance had gone but just got 4 in I4 row QQ!!

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

hibs0666
17-05-2016, 09:54 AM
Thanks for that, thought my chance had gone but just got 4 in I4 row QQ!!

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Good stuff! Let's full our boots today before any huns try to get them in the public sale tomorrow.

Bill Milne
17-05-2016, 09:57 AM
When I buy tickets from the SFA, there is a full overview of available seats in all sections for sale. Why is this not available with Ticketmaster, it surely can't be difficult if even incompetents at the SFA can get it right!!

Yuillsy
17-05-2016, 09:58 AM
We got I4 on the 1st day they went on sale. Right down the front though. Would much rather be further back for a better view.

Jonny1875
17-05-2016, 10:19 AM
Rushed on saturday morning to get poor seats in G4 when i could have just waited today to get better ones, annoying ffs!:confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-05-2016, 10:29 AM
I'm just glad I secured my ticket when I did. Not overly fussed which area it's in. (Apart from Rangers end obviously).

DH1875
17-05-2016, 10:52 AM
The I4 tickets are SFA tickets and not part of our initial allocation. Not sure about the other tickets that have appeared though.

Captain Trips
17-05-2016, 11:22 AM
Rushed on saturday morning to get poor seats in G4 when i could have just waited today to get better ones, annoying ffs!:confused:

Same here

hibs0666
17-05-2016, 11:33 AM
I4 tickets have pretty much gone now.

Blaster
17-05-2016, 11:34 AM

But hibs didn't know they were getting these

Captain Trips
17-05-2016, 11:38 AM
But hibs didn't know they were getting these

I thinm folk are pissed more at Hampden handling than Hibs.

Mcginn75
17-05-2016, 11:40 AM
Unbelievable... Just another example of how badly run football in this country is.

Alfred E Newman
17-05-2016, 11:40 AM
Let's hope this is our last final for a while after this fiasco. :rolleyes:

peterharrogate
17-05-2016, 11:41 AM
Phone the club and get them swapped mate.

Has anyone managed to do this and if so what phone number did you use?

Blaster
17-05-2016, 11:45 AM
I thinm folk are pissed more at Hampden handling than Hibs.

Fair enough mate

SJM
17-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Couldn't care less if I'm in the back row right behind the goals as long as I'm there. (g7 So it might actually be the case). Not sure why everyone is getting so worked up about it.

cabbageandribs1875
17-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Let's hope this is our last final for a while after this fiasco. :rolleyes:

i have a feeling this could possibly be our last final appearance for quite a few years, we've had a great run of final appearances the last several years....unfortunately not appearing on the winners podium, enjoy the experience all that's going :flag:

JeMeSouviens
17-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Has anyone managed to do this and if so what phone number did you use?

Tried but gave up.

6611875 is perma-engaged
08448441875 option 1 gets through to someone who can sell but not swap, option 2 rings for a while then says it's busy and hangs up.

peterharrogate
17-05-2016, 12:49 PM
Tried but gave up.

6611875 is perma-engaged
08448441875 option 1 gets through to someone who can sell but not swap, option 2 rings for a while then says it's busy and hangs up.

:aok: Thanks for the reply - I thought it was a long shot but would have been good to be able to sit with my sons.

erin-go-bragh87
17-05-2016, 01:54 PM
:aok: Thanks for the reply - I thought it was a long shot but would have been good to be able to sit with my sons.

Having the same issue mate. Me my dad and my son all have tickets but two of them are together and one is on its own. No idea how we will decide who sits on their own but I'll probably let the wee man sit with his grandad at a cup final of it comes to it!

Islington Hibs
17-05-2016, 02:36 PM
It seems there are quite a lot of tickets left. I have just bought a bloc of 4 for the south stand. I am sure we will sell out by the day but I think so many disappointments have impacted interest/ expectations

SJM
17-05-2016, 02:57 PM
This always happens. Massive panic, arguing Etc for it turn out that everyone who wants one will get one regardless. The derby final was the closest people got to bein scared of not getting one. Saying that we will still sell out.

dalkeith stu
17-05-2016, 03:04 PM
Picked up my ticket this morning in G4, asked on the off chance if I could swap it one as I'd read they'd started selling better ones on here. She had a look and I was able to upgrade to I4, had to pay a tenner more but we'll chuffed!!!

Bishop Hibee
17-05-2016, 03:07 PM
This always happens. Massive panic, arguing Etc for it turn out that everyone who wants one will get one regardless. The derby final was the closest people got to bein scared of not getting one. Saying that we will still sell out.

That is why giving ST holders as many as possible is ideal. We make sure that real fans get the tickets and take large blocks together. I know someone who I didn't even know was interested in football whose got her hands on 2 for our end 😕

SJM
17-05-2016, 03:22 PM
That is why giving ST holders as many as possible is ideal. We make sure that real fans get the tickets and take large blocks together. I know someone who I didn't even know was interested in football whose got her hands on 2 for our end 😕

More than one ticket at least and I agree.

Onceinawhile
17-05-2016, 03:36 PM

She must have been slightly interested to have a valid reference number.

If not someone with a ref number got them, so having season ticket holders get 35 each wouldn't have made a difference

Mcginn75
17-05-2016, 03:42 PM
So how many have we sold so far (roughly)?

SunshineOnLeith
17-05-2016, 03:50 PM

A few.

Pete
17-05-2016, 03:53 PM

Our initial allocation (not including a few dozen singles that have been rounded up).

Ronniekirk
17-05-2016, 04:43 PM
So is there likely to be a public sale tomorrow or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibs0666
17-05-2016, 04:57 PM
So is there likely to be a public sale tomorrow or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unlikely. If there is it will be for a handful.

Onion
17-05-2016, 05:13 PM
It seems there are quite a lot of tickets left. I have just bought a bloc of 4 for the south stand. I am sure we will sell out by the day but I think so many disappointments have impacted interest/ expectations

Last Friday will have cooled a lot of folk off.

Two things are certain however. If Hibs win

1. there will not be a bad seat in Hampden and

2. all those who had the chance of a ticket but chose not to go will have very mixed feelings about it.

Alfred E Newman
17-05-2016, 05:17 PM

21000 each leaves 10000 for the Blazers etc. iIf they are not all taken up they will go on sale to the clubs I would imagine. I would think that almost all our initial allocation has gone and these new tickets are from the 10000.

Hibby70
17-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Looks like single tickets in I4 and G6 only now.

HibeeHendo
17-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Off topic slightly but does the ticket office close at 6 or 5 Monday to Friday? Work 9-5 so will toil to get there if it is 5. Never thought and should've got special delivery 😩

Pete
17-05-2016, 06:33 PM
Only singles in I4 left.

I wonder if anyone will be waiting at the office to buy tickets tomorrow morning. They might get lucky and get some that people had swapped.

RoYO!
17-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Not read the whole thread but is this hibs releasing hospitality tickets that haven't sold?

Callum7
17-05-2016, 07:14 PM
Only singles in I4 left.

I wonder if anyone will be waiting at the office to buy tickets tomorrow morning. They might get lucky and get some that people had swapped.

Don't think you can even get singles anymore! How come we went from quite a few sections available to none?:confused:

Ringothedog
17-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Don't think you can even get singles anymore! How come we went from quite a few sections available to none?:confused:

People bought them ?

Ringothedog
17-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Not read the whole thread but is this hibs releasing hospitality tickets that haven't sold?

More likely SFA/hampden releasing hospitality seats not bought by Hibernian fans

DH1875
17-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Their £42 tickets so defo hospitality tickets.

green day
17-05-2016, 07:30 PM

Debenture tickets not picked up by holders so released to us.

Good news for some latecomers.

Ronniekirk
17-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Their £42 tickets so defo hospitality tickets.

I have Bronze Debenture tickets at 42 pound and there is no Hospitality with that