PDA

View Full Version : Leroy Lita

broondog
16-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Have just received a text from a mate who lives in one of the modern flats on albion road saying he has just seen Leroy Lita leaving easter road and getting into a black BMW. He is Reading fan and says he is 100% it was him but it seems unlikely given he is on good money in the championship presumably.

If possible though, with Cummings potentially on his way out perhaps Stubbs is looking at him as a replacement. Again though surely wages will be an issue. Anyone know what club he is playing for now or heard anything similar?

The Green Goblin
16-05-2016, 08:36 PM
Have just received a text from a mate who lives in one of the modern flats on albion road saying he has just seen Leroy Lita leaving easter road and getting into a black BMW. He is Reading fan and says he is 100% it was him but it seems unlikely given he is on good money in the championship presumably.

If possible though, with Cummings potentially on his way out perhaps Stubbs is looking at him as a replacement. Again though surely wages will be an issue. Anyone know what club he is playing for now or heard anything similar?

Hmmm, pretty sure Lita drives a beige 1987 Ford Cortina.

:greengrin

MWHIBBIES
16-05-2016, 08:39 PM
No chance we'll be signing guys like this until we know who our manager is going to be.

Bostonhibby
16-05-2016, 08:41 PM
Hmmm, pretty sure Lita drives a beige 1987 Ford Cortina.

I heard green Capri with a white roof as he's always wanted to play for Hibs:wink:

Callum7
16-05-2016, 08:41 PM
Joined Yeovil town in January and has played 8 times with 1 goal.

1987kev
16-05-2016, 08:42 PM
If he's still got his pace he would b good enough

3pm
16-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Joined Yeovil town in January and has played 8 times with 1 goal.

Was released.

Was on SSN yesterday.

monktonharp
16-05-2016, 08:45 PM
I heard green Capri with a white roof as he's always wanted to play for Hibs:wink:much sought after "screeve" that is. I'd love one , but put a big golden harp on the roof paintwork:wink:

Brightside
16-05-2016, 08:46 PM
No chance we'll be signing guys like this until we know who our manager is going to be.

Perhaps we already do...

lucky
16-05-2016, 08:47 PM

We've got a manager

bingo70
I love the transfer window.

My favourite part of the football season is probably when we aren't playing.

Alfred E Newman
I know I live out in the backwoods but who the hell is Leroy Lita?

Viva_Palmeiras
16-05-2016, 08:50 PM

Wide receiver San Fransisco 49ers.

SteveHFC
16-05-2016, 08:51 PM

Lita is a former WWE diva. ;-).

SJM
16-05-2016, 08:51 PM
We've got a manager

He's about to take control of his final match on Saturday. Stubbs is gone.

Billy Whizz
16-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Is he available for the weekend

MWHIBBIES
16-05-2016, 08:57 PM
We've got a managerI'm not one of the ones who wants to hound him out but I'd be worried if no one at board level was asking questions about Stubbs. 3 seasons down here cannot become 4.

Bostonhibby
16-05-2016, 08:57 PM
much sought after "screeve" that is. I'd love one , but put a big golden harp on the roof paintwork:wink:

Hibs Class
16-05-2016, 08:58 PM

:rolleyes:

broondog
16-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Was released.

Was on SSN yesterday.

thought he was still playing in the championship, certainly a possibility if he is unattached then. I have just had a look at his scoring record which is pretty good at a decent level. He is only 31 as well seemingly. Could turn out to be a great signing if it happens

snedzuk
16-05-2016, 09:02 PM
I heard green Capri with a white roof as he's always wanted to play for Hibs:wink:

white VINYL roof

mentalhibee
16-05-2016, 09:04 PM

What makes you say that? Just guessing or fact?

broondog
16-05-2016, 09:06 PM

I want this to be true but not been confirmed has it? Would love him to be gone before Saturday to be honest

S4uzee
16-05-2016, 09:09 PM
I want this to be true but not been confirmed has it? Would love him to be gone before Saturday to be honest

You honestly think we would get better than Stubbs? Zzzzzz

Heisenberg
16-05-2016, 09:12 PM
He's past his best. The kind of signing id have hoped we had stopped going for. His recent goal record speaks for itself.

steakbake
16-05-2016, 09:13 PM

You seem pretty sure... It'd be a shame if true,

staunchhibby
16-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Why make a statement saying get him out before saturday.One way to get the players heads down going into a cup final with no manager:confused::confused:

steakbake
16-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Why make a statement saying get him out before saturday.One way to get the players heads down going into a cup final with no manager:confused::confused:

I've stopped trying to fathom it.

Andy74
16-05-2016, 09:16 PM
You honestly think we would get better than Stubbs? Zzzzzz

As in managers who could get Hibs above Falkirk? Yes, I am sure they exist.

Andy74
16-05-2016, 09:18 PM

Perhaps we'd have got through the play offs if we had changed before the games? Who knows but keeping him didn't guarantee anything.

SJM
16-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Sorry guys, I'm not saying much more on the Stubbs situation. I'll say more this time next week. Let's win the cup first. Passion always gets ahead of me especially after the last week and I apologise.

StevieT
16-05-2016, 09:19 PM
He may been at Bristol City at the same time as Liam Fontain

Waxy
16-05-2016, 09:21 PM

Yeh lets go into our best chance of the Scottish cup without a manager. Lets have 11 headless chickens lose us the cup.

Waxy
16-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Sorry guys, I'm not saying much more on the Stubbs situation. I'll say more this time next week. Let's win the cup first. Passion always gets ahead of me especially after the last week and I apologise.

Why say anything?

SJM
16-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Why say anything?

I apologise.

Hermit Crab
16-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Junior Agogo MK11

MWHIBBIES
16-05-2016, 09:24 PM
You honestly think we would get better than Stubbs? ZzzzzzWhy couldn't we get better?

broondog
16-05-2016, 09:34 PM

agree completely. How anyone can view stubbs as anything other than a failure is beyond me. To finish third in this league with that team is unacceptable.

broondog
16-05-2016, 09:35 PM
He's past his best. The kind of signing id have hoped we had stopped going for. His recent goal record speaks for itself.

I think he is more than capable of scoring 20-30 in the scottish championship

Billy Whizz
16-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Junior Agogo MK11

More that guy that TB Signed, can't remember his name

stantonhibby
16-05-2016, 09:39 PM

Haynes?

3pm
16-05-2016, 09:42 PM

Danny ****in Haynes. :grr:

Caversham Green
16-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Junior Agogo MK11

He was always streets ahead of Agogo - whether he still is is dubious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdlCyJD8W8g

Sodje?

lucky
16-05-2016, 09:56 PM

Great idea sack our manger in the run up to a cup final. I truly despair at some drivel posted on here by so called Hibs fans.

Billy Whizz
16-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Danny ****in Haynes. :grr:

Well done 3pm, that's the one

stantonhibby
16-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Well done 3pm, that's the one

Just ignore my post 3 mins before..... boooo

Andy74
16-05-2016, 10:02 PM
Great idea sack our manger in the run up to a cup final. I truly despair at some drivel posted on here by so called Hibs fans.

Keeping him for the play offs didn't really work out did it?

Hibee Mac
16-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Never heard of this guy and hope this isn't true considering his scoring record these days. Also says he's 5'9, we don't need another small forward!

Brightside
16-05-2016, 10:11 PM

You've said he is out before the cup...so you either know that or you've just made it all up to stir up rubbish. If thats what you've done then you have issues.

Nicho87
16-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Is this a george craig signing? Cant imagine stubbs is lining up players when he said last week his own future is going to be discussed.

stokesmessiah
16-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Is this a george craig signing? Cant imagine stubbs is lining up players when he said last week his own future is going to be discussed.

Where/when did he say that?

Andy74
16-05-2016, 10:38 PM

Doesn't need to be Stubbs lining players up. The head coach is just one of the staff. If we don't see him being here next year others still have to plan ahead.

FranckSuzy
16-05-2016, 10:43 PM
This thread reeks of the Yammish ones, IMHO.

SunshineOnLeith
16-05-2016, 10:44 PM
I think he is more than capable of scoring 20-30 in the scottish championship

He's scored 15 goals in the last 5 years.

Caversham Green
16-05-2016, 10:47 PM
Never heard of this guy and hope this isn't true considering his scoring record these days. Also says he's 5'9, we don't need another small forward!

He was a cracking wee player with Reading in their record-breaking championship season but has wasted his talent since then.

He won't be signing for Hibs.

TAHibby
16-05-2016, 11:38 PM
This is the kind of calibre of transfer rumour we need during the summer to have a good chuckle at and cope with the boredeom....Leroy Lita :hilarious

polarbear
16-05-2016, 11:47 PM
He was a cracking wee player with Reading in their record-breaking championship season but has wasted his talent since then.

He won't be signing for Hibs.

This exactly.
There's no way.

HoboHarry
17-05-2016, 02:48 AM
Oh goodie - we have a new poster who is "in the know".....

:rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
17-05-2016, 03:27 AM

These "more will be revealed in [insert factor or time]" are so tiresome. It's like those click-bait stories. The Internet has brought with it some great opportunities and some tedium to boot imo.

Winston Ingram
17-05-2016, 05:24 AM
I would be surprised if we're speaking to any players this week.

I also think Stubbs will go no matter what happens on Sat.

Waxy
17-05-2016, 05:44 AM
This thread reeks of the Yammish ones, IMHO.

Thats what i thought but we're not allowed to say because there's a yamnesty.

marinello59
17-05-2016, 06:16 AM

No, there isn't. We've asked people to use the report post function and we will deal with it if required rather than hounding out new posters with witch hunts. It's getting beyond silly now.

JimBHibees
17-05-2016, 06:26 AM

Gone where?

JimBHibees
17-05-2016, 06:29 AM

You're at it. Cracking wind up on week of a final. C:giruy2:

JimBHibees
17-05-2016, 06:30 AM

So called is spot on.

eastmainsmsh
17-05-2016, 06:33 AM
Waste of a wage as insall could be a goal machine

Hibby 2005
17-05-2016, 07:05 AM
Perhaps we'd have got through the play offs if we had changed before the games? Who knows but keeping him didn't guarantee anything.

All ifs and buts...

SJM
17-05-2016, 07:25 AM
You're at it. Cracking wind up on week of a final. C:giruy2:

Aye right then Jim. Wind up? There is speculation regardless. I'll await an apology this time next week then, not.

lapsedhibee
17-05-2016, 07:47 AM

Don't think we'll need to get above Falkirk next season. Killiemarnock for me.

Andy74
17-05-2016, 08:30 AM
So called is spot on.

I'd have had Stubbs gone this week. I'd have been happier pre play offs but that can't be helped now.

Are you going to suggest I'm not a Hibs fan?

JimBHibees
17-05-2016, 08:32 AM
Aye right then Jim. Wind up? There is speculation regardless. I'll await an apology this time next week then, not.

No apology will be forthcoming. Even if you do have inside information to put it out now is a joke. There is a very good chance he will leave probably his own choice however mischief making at best.

flash
17-05-2016, 08:33 AM
So he shouldn't get to manage the team in the Cup Final he got us to.
Ludicrous to put it mildly.

SJM
17-05-2016, 08:34 AM
No apology will be forthcoming. Even if you do have inside information to put it out now is a joke. There is a very good chance he will leave probably his own choice however mischief making at best.

That's your ill informed opinion, fair enough.

Gives a shout when you give permission to post on the subject then 👍

JimBHibees
17-05-2016, 08:37 AM
I'd have had Stubbs gone this week. I'd have been happier pre play offs but that can't be helped now.

Thats the sort of comment that cant be proven one way or the other. Personally think if he was to be sacked after getting us to 2 cup finals for the first time ever and even more worthy given we are not playing in the top division and in a play off would have been laughable to be honest. The players obviously feel great loyalty to him as shown by Keatings reaction after goal 2.

stantonhibby
17-05-2016, 08:37 AM

So who would be in charge of the team then as I would imagine his coaching staff would leave with him? I thought you were one of the more sensible posters on here albeit with a bit of a Fenlon/Malonga fixation but talk of sacking your manager days before a cup final is ridiculous.

JimBHibees
17-05-2016, 08:39 AM
That's your ill informed opinion, fair enough.

Gives a shout when you give permission to post on the subject then 

Ok I'll let you know.

Andy74
17-05-2016, 08:40 AM
So who would be in charge of the team then as I would imagine his coaching staff would leave with him? I thought you were one of the more sensible posters on here albeit with a bit of a Fenlon/Malonga fixation but talk of sacking your manager days before a cup final is ridiculous.

As I said I would have done it weeks ago, not now.

He should leave due to his league failures. This week or next I don't care.

I don't think its ridiculous to say it was possible to do it this week. His failure in the last cup final and the play offs shows we are guaranteed nothing by keeping him here for it.

We might win, great. We might have won if we changed as well.

stantonhibby
17-05-2016, 08:42 AM

I don't think its ridiculous to say it was possible to do it this week. His failure in the last cup final and the play offs shows we are guaranteed nothing by keeping him here for it.

And the person in charge would be?

flash
17-05-2016, 08:44 AM
And we might not be there without him.

staunchhibby
17-05-2016, 08:47 AM
This is a time for rallying round not causing arguments and conjecture in what is a big week for all connected with our blelived Hibernian:flag::flag::flag::gwa::gwa::gwa:

JimBHibees
17-05-2016, 08:49 AM

No your wrong it is all his fault that experienced players make mistakes at the end of games. Jeezo, bottom line is that the League cup final was an even game with us possibly the slightly better team, we make a huge mistake and lose a goal at the end. These things happen. Falkirk play off game we win if the referee doesnt deny the most obvious penalty ever. These things happen. Personally am glad we got to both finals even if we dont win them it is an achievement to do so, we got to no Scottish cup finals in the 80s or the 60s these things dont happen so often.

Big_Franck
17-05-2016, 08:49 AM

:tee hee:

SJM
17-05-2016, 08:53 AM

He did sign Logan I suppose 👍

Andy74
17-05-2016, 08:55 AM

We might not have got there if Cummings hadn't scored the winning penalty but doesn't mean I'd start him.

I'm not bothered now if he stays and leaves next week but it's not ridiculous that he should have gone by now.

Who would take over this week? I'm not sure I care as I doubt the result would be influenced much either way. It's 50/50.

Id take McCall so I'd have been happy enough if he had started on Monday.

I'm aware Stubbs could be a legend by Sarurday night. Doesn't make him the right person to take the team on from here.

flash
17-05-2016, 08:56 AM
I think he should probably go too. My argument is with the premise that he should go in the week before the final which is ridiculous beyond belief.

Big_Franck
17-05-2016, 08:59 AM
To suggest we sack our manager a few days before we play a Scottish Cup final is mental.

FWIW I'd not have been against replacing him when we lost 4 or 5 games in a row to diddy Championship teams but the decision was made to stick with him until the end of the season. We need to do just that, any division or infighting in the support this week is not going to do our chances of winning the Scottish any good at all.

bigwheel
17-05-2016, 09:02 AM

So, he gets hammered by you for failure, but if he wins , then we might have won anyway with someone else in charge? Aye, that's a balanced view.

You are suggesting it would have been positive to remove Stubbs, and his coaching staff (because they will go when he goes)..at the most critical point of the season. If you genuinely think that ditching Stubbs on the run up would have been the best approach to keep a group of men motivated and onside as we headed into the final phase of the campaign, then in my view, you are way off the mark. Hibs players have "turned up" for every big game, bar the Rangers December match. Stubbs has proven he can prepare and motivate a team - including the play-offs and LC Final. We were the best team in both. A little bit more finishing and a touch more defensive resilience ,we would have won both. It's fine margins, that is what professional football can be about at times - and your response is to recommend to take a sledge hammer to it pre play offs and a Scottish Cup Final.

It's not my view, but I've no problem with those who want Stubbs gone - it's understandable - by any standard he has failed in his league objectives. But to suggest that recent weeks or even this week was an appropriate time to get rid of him is bonkers...

stantonhibby
17-05-2016, 09:03 AM
I think he should probably go too. My argument is with the premise that he should go in the week before the final which is ridiculous beyond belief.

Agreed..... and this coming from a poster who was ultra loyal to a previous manager who shall we say had some dodgy results to put it mildly is bizarre.

J-C
17-05-2016, 09:04 AM
We might not have got there if Cummings hadn't scored the winning penalty but doesn't mean I'd start him.

I'm not bothered now if he stays and leaves next week but it's not ridiculous that he should have gone by now.

Who would take over this week? I'm not sure I care as I doubt the result would be influenced much either way. It's 50/50.

I'm aware Stubbs could be a legend by Sarurday night. Doesn't make him the right person to take the team on from here.

And it was also ridiculous that Fenlon didn't go after the cup humiliation or the Malmo debacle, we had to sit and watch dire boring mind numbing football until he realised he wasn't good enough and left, just a pity Petrie didn't have the guts to sack him after the Hearts final.
We might be in the league below but give me Stubbs anytime of yer wee pal Fenlon.

Andy74
17-05-2016, 09:22 AM
Agreed..... and this coming from a poster who was ultra loyal to a previous manager who shall we say had some dodgy results to put it mildly is bizarre.

He did have the odd dodgy result yes but Stubbs has had more.

Fenlon improved us league wise. Stubbs has already failed in our league aims. I don't think it's in question he should go. Some would wait until next week, others wouldn't.

I don't really care at this stage either way. I don't think the result on Saturday would be too impacted either way.

I hope now he wins the cup obviously and becomes a legend. I would still be after a new manager to take us up next year.

Andy74
17-05-2016, 09:23 AM
So, he gets hammered by you for failure, but if he wins , then we might have won anyway with someone else in charge? Aye, that's a balanced view.

You are suggesting it would have been positive to remove Stubbs, and his coaching staff (because they will go when he goes)..at the most critical point of the season. If you genuinely think that ditching Stubbs on the run up would have been the best approach to keep a group of men motivated and onside as we headed into the final phase of the campaign, then in my view, you are way off the mark. Hibs players have "turned up" for every big game, bar the Rangers December match. Stubbs has proven he can prepare and motivate a team - including the play-offs and LC Final. We were the best team in both. A little bit more finishing and a touch more defensive resilience ,we would have won both. It's fine margins, that is what professional football can be about at times - and your response is to recommend to take a sledge hammer to it pre play offs and a Scottish Cup Final.

It's not my view, but I've no problem with those who want Stubbs gone - it's understandable - by any standard he has failed in his league objectives. But to suggest that recent weeks or even this week was an appropriate time to get rid of him is bonkers...

Did we fail or not?

bigwheel
17-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Did we fail or not?

Black and White views eh....Would taking out the whole coaching staff pre play off games or this weeks cup final have been unsettling to the team or not?

flash
17-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Did we fail or not?

Ultimately we did. Still nobody died and we didn't suffer the worst two results in the club's history.

J-C
17-05-2016, 09:36 AM
Black and White views eh....Would taking out the whole coaching staff pre play off games or this weeks cup final have been unsettling to the team or not?

It would cause huge disruption to our squad and their prep, also making us the laughing stock of British football into the bargain, I've read some guff on here recently but some of these posts wanting him gone before the final are truly laughable.

bigwheel
17-05-2016, 09:37 AM
It would cause huge disruption to our squad and their prep, also making us the laughing stock of British football into the bargain, I've read some guff on here recently but some of these posts wanting him gone before the final are truly laughable.

:top marks:not worth:aok:

delaCalz
17-05-2016, 09:37 AM

I cant believe people want McCall in who failed to get the Rangers promotion through the playoffs last year! Stubbs has failed to get promotion so some want him replaced with another failure manager? There are no guarantees a new manager will gain promotion next season

Andy74
17-05-2016, 09:48 AM
Ultimately we did. Still nobody died and we didn't suffer the worst two results in the club's history.

If you believe those results were worse than losing regularly to part time clubs and spending a third year in the second tier then bash on.

In any case we are talking about current failings and what the repercussions should be.

Andy74
17-05-2016, 09:50 AM

No idea. Probably still 50/50 on the day.

Did keeping them all help in the play offs?

flash
17-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Andy what are you actually arguing about now?

--------
17-05-2016, 09:52 AM
So he shouldn't get to manage the team in the Cup Final he got us to.
Ludicrous to put it mildly.

If you want to be pedantic (I always do), the goalie he wouldn't have played if Oxley hadn't been carded at Inverness for playing silly-buggers got us into the Cup Final, along with the rest of the team (some more than others).

It would be a very chancy call to sack him before the Final, but it's really not about anyone 'getting the chance' to do anything.

It's about winning something I've waited 50 years for us to win - and others a lot longer.

And at my age this could well be Last-Chance Saloon.

So I couldn't care less whose feelings are hurt or who gets his cards. I want us to win it and if we don't I will be VERY seriously upset.

MORE seriously than I was on Friday evening, even.:grr:

:devil:

Andy74
17-05-2016, 09:52 AM
I cant believe people want McCall in who failed to get the Rangers promotion through the playoffs last year! Stubbs has failed to get promotion so some want him replaced with another failure manager? There are no guarantees a new manager will gain promotion next season

He improved Rangers when he came in. He lost out in the short time he was there. I think given the pretty prolonged success at Motherwell he enjoyed along with his ability to find and play quick wide players he would do well over a full season.

Mikey09
17-05-2016, 09:55 AM

Great post. There is a real agenda with some fans re Stubbs now. Sack the manager and coaching staff before our biggest game to date?! Aye bash on boys... That'll help!!

Amadou_Konte
17-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Is this thread not about Leroy Lita? Anyone else heard anything?

Andy74
17-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Great post. There is a real agenda with some fans re Stubbs now. Sack the manager and coaching staff before our biggest game to date?! Aye bash on boys... That'll help!!

We just lost our biggest game to date hence the discussion.

Do you think he will be here next season?

bigwheel
17-05-2016, 09:57 AM
No idea. Probably still 50/50 on the day.

Did keeping them all help in the play offs?

hahahahaha 50/50 that ditching the whole coaching staff for this weekend would be helpful - I've heard it all now.

Do you think footballers are robots? No emotions? Can handle any change without disrupting them? That a new management team with new ideas a couple of days before the play offs or the last game of the season would be a helpful act?

As for the play-offs, Yes, Continuity did help them - they played pretty well...just didn't quite get over the line..it happens.

Mikey09
17-05-2016, 09:59 AM
He improved Rangers when he came in. He lost out in the short time he was there. I think given the pretty prolonged success at Motherwell he enjoyed along with his ability to find and play quick wide players he would do well over a full season.

Youre very good at turning an arguement your way with black and white questions... So here. Did McCall fail or not?!

Andy74
hahahahaha 50/50 that ditching the whole coaching staff for this weekend would be helpful - I've heard it all now.

Do you think footballers are robots? No emotions? Can handle any change without disrupting them? That a new management team with new ideas a couple of days before the play offs or the last game of the season would be a helpful act?

As for the play-offs, Yes, Continuity did help them - they played pretty well...just didn't quite get over the line..it happens.

So continuity helped them manage all that and they lost.

And you don't think it would still be 50/50 if we changed?

hibs0666
He did have the odd dodgy result yes but Stubbs has had more.

Fenlon improved us league wise. Stubbs has already failed in our league aims. I don't think it's in question he should go. Some would wait until next week, others wouldn't.

I don't really care at this stage either way. I don't think the result on Saturday would be too impacted either way.

I hope now he wins the cup obviously and becomes a legend. I would still be after a new manager to take us up next year.

How's the fishing trip going?

delaCalz
17-05-2016, 10:00 AM

So why do you think they didn't keep him on if he improved them and ultimately failed to gain promotion from the championship? And he walked away from Motherwell for having a disastrous season, nearly cost them their top flight status. Not seeing how you think bringing in McCall at the playoffs or next season would change anything.

Andy74
17-05-2016, 10:00 AM
How's the fishing trip going?

I'm having a discussion on football. Not planning on doing any fishing today.

Mikey09
17-05-2016, 10:03 AM
We just lost our biggest game to date hence the discussion.

Do you think he will be here next season?

To be perfectly honest I don't think it's something we should be pushing for or discussing this week. The only thing it will achieve is to have a negative affect on everyone involved before Saturday. There's plenty time to discuss it after Saturday.

Andy74
17-05-2016, 10:04 AM
So why do you think they didn't keep him on if he improved them and ultimately failed to gain promotion from the championship? And he walked away from Motherwell for having a disastrous season, nearly cost them their top flight status. Not seeing how you think bringing in McCall at the playoffs or next season would change anything.

If Motherwell's season was disastrous what is ours?

I assume they didn't keep him as they got Warburton who has done a fantastic job so far.

If McCall was to come here and fail next season that would be not changing anything. It's just one suggestion.

Stubbs has failed so the hypotheticals about how others might fail are interesting but we need to change it.

Mikey09
17-05-2016, 10:08 AM

I assume they didn't keep him as they got Warburton who has done a fantastic job so far.

If McCall was to come here and fail next season that would be not changing anything. It's just one suggestion.

Stubbs has failed so the hypotheticals about how others might fail are interesting but we need to change it.

I'll let Dempster and Stubbs be the judge of that.

Andy74
17-05-2016, 10:12 AM
[/B]

I'll let Dempster and Stubbs be the judge of that.

Well Dempster anyway. I don't think any of us were suggesting we are decision makers or trying to do anything about it. Stubbs will be the manager on Saturday and I hope he becomes a legend.

I was just discussing whether it would be ridiculous for him to have gone this week. I really don't think we would know either way. We've lost big games with him here, we've won some. Hopefully this one is a win.

delaCalz
17-05-2016, 10:13 AM

So is it all just down to Hibs as a club failing this season and not just Stubbs? A lot of people seem to think that changing manager is going to be the solution when there is no guarantee that will be the case. Surely if the priority is promotion then the cup competitions should be put to the side and play the development squad? I think that is something that the coaching staff and board have to take into consideration for next season because the pile up of fixtures doesn't seem to have helped one bit.

erin go bragh
17-05-2016, 10:17 AM

Sure I read a report saying Stubbs would be staying put and gaining promotion next season .
Can we all just get behind everyone on the build up to this final .
#WearGreen 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

GGTTH

bigwheel
17-05-2016, 10:22 AM
So continuity helped them manage all that and they lost.

And you don't think it would still be 50/50 if we changed?

You're are actually still suggesting changing the whole coaching staff would have been a good thing - this is about as bizarre as it gets Andy74.

Perhaps we should have got Fenlon back for these games??

Andy74
17-05-2016, 10:28 AM
You're are actually still suggesting changing the whole coaching staff would have been a good thing - this is about as bizarre as it gets Andy74.

Perhaps we should have got Fenlon back for these games??

You were using examples of games we lost to suggest keeping things the same was likely to get a better result. That's bizarre.

I'm saying I don't think you can be sure either way and the evidence recently is that the current set up has been failing.

It won't be changed so you needn't worry and when we win you can come back on this no problem. When I sober up I will be happy to say things worked out fine by waiting.

bigwheel
17-05-2016, 10:37 AM
You were using examples of games we lost to suggest keeping things the same was likely to get a better result. That's bizarre.

I'm saying I don't think you can be sure either way and the evidence recently is that the current set up has been failing.

It won't be changed so you needn't worry and when we win you can come back on this no problem. When I sober up I will be happy to say things worked out fine by waiting.

Andy74, we have very different beliefs on this topic, so I'm not going to get into anymore "to and fro" exchange on it. Going to focus my energy onto the weekend now - after all, there will be times when we will dare only dream of a Scottish Cup Final appearance...chats about the future will no doubt come in not too distant days...Hope your hangover is a beezer! :wink:

--------
17-05-2016, 10:41 AM

The problem I see, Andy, is that there ARE no guarantees. Hibs played six (maybe seven) games without a manager between Bob Shankly leaving and Willie MacFarlane arriving - won all six including wins at Parkhead and Tynecastle. That was a team that had failed to qualify for the League Cup quarters and lost on opening day 3-0 to the promoted side Ayr United at Somerset. That gave the chairman Bill Harrower the time to get the man he wanted.

But then Bill knew he wanted Willie, and it was his call and his call alone. And things were simpler back then.

I don't disrespect Stuart McCall - I think he's a good coach and knows the Scottish game well. I wouldn't be unhappy at the prospect of him managing Hibs next season. What I can't see is the appropriate moment in the last month or two when it would have been right or possible to sack Alan Stubbs without causing major disruption in the team.

Stubbs brought in a number of players in January and he was entitled to stay to see how those moves panned out. In my opinion they haven't panned out well - one signing in particular disturbed me at the time and I have seen and heard nothing to change my opinion that his signing was a mistake. I'm referring to Stokes, and I know people will disagree, but I don't think his signing has been good for the team. Dagnall, the other striker signed in January, has done nothing to justify his presence at ER. These were questionable signings at best, and responsibility for this rests with the manager who made them.

Resources don't always guarantee success - look at the EPL this season. (Besides, I think some of us have been underestimating Peter Houston and his Falkirk players.) Whatever happens next week in the play-off final, we'll be up against Dundee United - new manager, new players, fresh start for them - and either Falkirk again or Kilmarnock plus any of the present Championship sides who might make improvements and provide a sterner challenge than they did this season. Some of them wouldn't have to improve much to cause Hibs real trouble. They caused enough this season past.

I'm sure Leeann Dempster and the board are giving very serious thought to what happens next. Football clubs that are run properly should always have a succession strategy in place - they should have a reasonable idea of who they're going to approach/appoint when the present manager gets the sack/resigns/retires/goes mad/drops dead/joins a monastery/whatever.

Because next season Hibs are a Championship side - not a Premier League side temporarily playing in the Championship, but a bona fide second-tier club in one of the worst leagues in Europe.

And something needs doing about that, and quickly.

Ozyhibby
17-05-2016, 10:41 AM
The decision to wait until after the cup final has been made now. Nothing will happen till next week.
Hopefully we can have a massive debate then as it will mean we have won the cup and there will be people arguing for Stubb's to stay. Until then it's probably best just to look forward to Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Jimmy
17-05-2016, 10:58 AM
Honestly stubbs winning the cup would be the best way to end his tenure. He goes out a legend, having cemented a reward for the undoubted improvements he has brought about in culture style and attitude to the club. We get someone else to try to take that to the next level in the league and his Scottish cup winning legacy isn't tarnished with the sack in the few months after it if next season is a shambles.

Give us all our greatest day as hibs supporters Alan, then go with our blessing and thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SJM
17-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Sacking him before the final would be mad and wouldn't reflect well on the club at all. He is entitled to his day in the sun with his team that got us there regardless of the outcome.

Aldo
17-05-2016, 11:41 AM
I would rather we have the likes of Ollie Shaw or Insall a run out before signing the likes of Lita!

SJM
17-05-2016, 11:46 AM
I would rather we have the likes of Ollie Shaw or Insall a run out before signing the likes of Lita!

Championship version of Carlton Cole. Yes Celtic did give him a 2 year deal.

Dunbar Hibee
17-05-2016, 11:49 AM

Yeah, really hope Jamie Insall gets a chance next season. High hopes for him.

Brightside
17-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Sacking him before the final would be mad and wouldn't reflect well on the club at all. He is entitled to his day in the sun with his team that got us there regardless of the outcome.

Make your mind up. You already said we had another manager in place.

SJM
17-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Make your mind up. You already said we had another manager in place.

Make up my mind about what? Did I say we would have another manager in place this week like? No, like Deilia at Celtic it will be after the season ends.

southern hibby
17-05-2016, 12:39 PM

Not sure about his coaching staff. We have made numerous and I mean numerous chances the last 2 seasons and yet in most games have failed to convert more than 2 especially this season.

We could argue about what' ifs and buts. However coaching staff and AS has failed to address this issue. Can I and hundreds of Hibs fans that go to the games be wrong about substitutions no intentions of changing a game or very seldom doing it.

Take Falkirk scored 2 in 2-2 draw last 4 minutes of game with 10 men. Take 2-2 first play off equalised late in game does he learn and make substitutions in 3-2 game to combat this???
Seems to have his favourite players ( fine as long as they're doing the business for him) but even if not some get picked when most fans can see they had a bad game week before.

I said should have walked after Alloa away never happened, fine I'll keep going back, but and its a big but we now have to bring a manager in who will have no games to assess who he wants to keep. He will be behind the starting block for players signatures as most teams will have their wish list and most importantly we are now where we were 2 years ago, with AS coming in.
However I do believe this is no time for a witch hunt or to be changing mangers before a final and I will be there on Saturday dreaming of dusting of the passport for Europe. If this comes true I will always hold AS is the man who brought us the end of our Scottish cup pain.

One last thought imagine SOL being sung Saturday it's going to be like no other version of it ever... That will be AS that's delivered that.

GGTTH