PDA

View Full Version : Display On Saturday

Since1875Hibs
16-05-2016, 07:44 PM
We have organised a display in the North Stand for Saturday. After listening carefully to feedback, we've ensured the materials being used keep a restricted view to an absolute minimum, whilst it should still create a great spectacle - but only with your help.

The majority of supporters in the North Stand will have materials and instructions on their seat and our plea is for you and others around you to participate.

This display is entirely funded by supporters and it wouldn't have been possible without your ongoing donations. Details are noted at the footer of this message should you wish to make a small donation.

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank those who supported us in the East Stand over the weekend to prepare for this. After Friday's result, a lack of support in preparing would not have been a surprise, yet approximately 40 supporters made their services available over the weekend and put in a fantastic shift.

It's felt like an everlasting, rollercoaster of a season. Lets end it with a fantastic performance on and off the park on Saturday.

GGTTH

Since 1875

Paypal - hibstifo1875@gmail.com

Renfrew_Hibby
16-05-2016, 07:47 PM
Well done and I look forward to taking part.

NikGunnarsson
16-05-2016, 07:52 PM
Great stuff, personally love the displays and think they look great. What is the display for Saturday?

OsloHibs
16-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Well done everyone involved.

Kojock
16-05-2016, 07:56 PM
I'm in the south stand so look forward to seeing it. Well done to all involved.

andyf5
16-05-2016, 07:58 PM
great stuff.

I don't have paypal - how do I donate?

erin go bragh
16-05-2016, 08:00 PM
In the South for the first time so look forward to seeing this .
Well done everybody involved .

GGTTH

Since1875Hibs
16-05-2016, 08:01 PM
great stuff.

I don't have paypal - how do I donate?

PM sent.

Bishop Hibee
16-05-2016, 08:03 PM
Hibees fans are second to none.

lyonhibs
16-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Fair play to those involved. Feel these things have had their moment in the sun personally but each to their own.

Billy Whizz
16-05-2016, 08:07 PM
We have organised a display in the North Stand for Saturday. After listening carefully to feedback, we've ensured the materials being used keep a restricted view to an absolute minimum, whilst it should still create a great spectacle - but only with your help.

The majority of supporters in the North Stand will have materials and instructions on their seat and our plea is for you and others around you to participate.

This display is entirely funded by supporters and it wouldn't have been possible without your ongoing donations. Details are noted at the footer of this message should you wish to make a small donation.

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank those who supported us in the East Stand over the weekend to prepare for this. After Friday's result, a lack of support in preparing would not have been a surprise, yet approximately 40 supporters made their services available over the weekend and put in a fantastic shift.

It's felt like an everlasting, rollercoaster of a season. Lets end it with a fantastic performance on and off the park on Saturday.

GGTTH

Since 1875

What section?

Ozyhibby
16-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Well done all involved. Personally think these are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My_Wife_Camille
16-05-2016, 08:14 PM
Well done all the fans trying to build up a bit of enthusiasm for this :not worth

RoYO!
16-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Flags? Cards? Secret? :)

Swedish hibee
16-05-2016, 08:40 PM
I'm in the north! Look forward to taking part. Well done- I love displays in grounds :aok:

Andy74
16-05-2016, 08:57 PM
I'm in the north! Look forward to taking part. Well done- I love displays in grounds :aok:

I don't. Lot of nonsense.

Scouse Hibee
16-05-2016, 09:16 PM
I'm in the North thanks but no thanks I won't bother.

Since1875Hibs
16-05-2016, 09:19 PM

Entitled to your own choice, but making one without knowing what it is seems premature.

StevieT
16-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Entitled to your own choice, but making one without knowing what it is seems premature.

Not really. I would rather clap and cheer the team on to the park rather than hold a bit of card up. I've nothing against those who want to do something like this but what I do object to is it being forced on those who don't want or like them.

Callum7
16-05-2016, 09:24 PM

The cameras are going to zoom right in to you're non-participating face, but then again you're choice not mine.

Andy74
16-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Not really. I would rather clap and cheer the team on to the park rather than hold a bit of card up. I've nothing against those who want to do something like this but what I do object to is it being forced on those who don't want or like them.

Yep and pretty sure majority of feedback I've seen recently was that people didn't want another of these things.

tamig
16-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Yep and pretty sure majority of feedback I've seen recently was that people didn't want another of these things.

I know. There was a thread a few weeks back and I'm sure the majority were happy to see the back of these. Not sure where the OP sourced his feedback from. Don't think it was from here.

StevieT
16-05-2016, 09:34 PM

Not according to the OP who says 'after listening to feedback'. So, on Saturday when the teams come out the Sevco fans will be cheering, clapping and singing and half our support will be holding up bits of card to make up a picture / slogan which they won't see nor know what it is / says. I agree Andy74, most people don't want these.

HTD1875
16-05-2016, 09:34 PM
All for this, look forward to taking part.

Billy Whizz
16-05-2016, 09:35 PM

It's great for the people on the TV, but if you've stick behind it, you can't see anything

Hermit Crab
16-05-2016, 09:36 PM
I don't. Lot of nonsense.

You're at it. Why wouldn't you want to be a part of it?

HTD1875
16-05-2016, 09:36 PM
Not according to the OP who says 'after listening to feedback'. So, on Saturday when the teams come out the Sevco fans will be cheering, clapping and singing and half our support will be holding up bits of card to make up a picture / slogan which they won't see nor know what it is / says. I agree Andy74, most people don't want these.

The Sevco fans will have a display probably covering there whole support.

Waxy
16-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Glad im no in the north now. The display at the Celtic final was awesomeness.

Billy Whizz
16-05-2016, 09:38 PM

It's not in your stand, can't see a bloody thing behind a card

Hermit Crab
16-05-2016, 09:39 PM
It's not in your stand, can't see a bloody thing behind a card

Whats to see? the teams shaking hands before the game?

Scouse Hibee
16-05-2016, 09:40 PM

You're at it, some folk just want to clap the team and enjoy the day as they choose,nothing wrong with that.

EH54
16-05-2016, 09:46 PM
You're at it, some folk just want to clap the team and enjoy the day as they choose,nothing wrong with that.

Course your right I just think holding a peace of card up or waving a flag for 5 seconds while team comes out isn't much to ask and hope majority do take part as it will look awful if they don't

Carheenlea
16-05-2016, 09:47 PM
I don't recall anyone really saying that they didn't want a display - more just a lack of real enthusiasm for having one. I include myself as one who feels that way, but I'm happy that a group of fans have took it on themselves to organise something. Now that one is planned, I'll have a good view from South Upper, and look forward to seeing it revealed.

h1bee123
16-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Would rather not - don't think it'll motivate anyone and the cameras sometimes don't even show these things.

Flags in 2012 were the best I thought.

gando
16-05-2016, 09:49 PM
It's great for the people on the TV, but if you've stick behind it, you can't see anything

Can garantee that will be able to both take part and see :)

Forever_Green93
16-05-2016, 09:50 PM
can't see a bloody thing behind a card

Im pretty sure its waver flags this time, not card

Since1875Hibs
16-05-2016, 09:56 PM
There will be no card.

Andy74
16-05-2016, 10:01 PM

Why would I? These things are crap. Had their day and ruin the enjoyment of actually being at the game.

Why should people be part of something they don't want or like?

Danderhall Hibs
16-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Why would I? These things are crap. Had their day and ruin the enjoyment of actually being at the game.

Why should people be part of something they don't want or like?

:agree:

Booked4Being-Ugly
16-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Hahaha, a display debate - I've heard it all now.

I think some people should lighten up and just enjoy themselves ffs.

Sounds like the guys have put in some effort to back the team, well done I say.

:top marks

Danderhall Hibs
16-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Hahaha, a display debate - I've heard it all now.

I think some people should lighten up and just enjoy themselves ffs.

Sounds like the guys have put in some effort to back the team, well done I say.

:top marks

I think some folk are trying to enjoy themselves but other folk are asking them not to and hold a bit of paper up instead.

gando
16-05-2016, 10:30 PM
I think some folk are trying to enjoy themselves but other folk are asking them not to and hold a bit of paper up instead.

No ones asking anyone to hold up a bit of paper

Danderhall Hibs
16-05-2016, 10:31 PM

Good news.

SunshineOnLeith
16-05-2016, 10:38 PM

Any chance you can tell us what we are being asked to hold up?

Eaststandee
16-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Well done for organising this guys, look forward to seeing it. People ****ting on it because they have to be involved for 10 seconds, give it a rest.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

gando
16-05-2016, 10:43 PM

Forever_Green93
16-05-2016, 10:45 PM
Any chance you can tell us what we are being asked to hold up?

Im sure it's waver flags like in this pic: 16521

Pete
16-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Good grief if you've got nothing good to say...

:hmmm:

Santa Cruz
16-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Good to hear this is happening - looking forward to Saturday.

smack
16-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Hope this isn't being done for the tv cameras as they will be focussed solely on the The Rangers fans

gegs70
16-05-2016, 11:34 PM
personally thought it looked pretty good on TV...with the display.

OsloHibs
17-05-2016, 02:44 AM
Thank goodness that Ajax, Munich etc etc don't have some of the grumps we have! It's a spectacular game- just go with the flow & enjoy.

wearethehibs
17-05-2016, 05:42 AM
People go on about wanting to clap & sing when the players come out. You think they would hear it?

There's always pyro & fireworks (the organised type) going off as the players come out in SC final.

looking forward to the display, even if it did obstruct my view of seeing some men run onto some grass.

GreenLake
17-05-2016, 06:01 AM
I will try to participate but as I will be front loaded I'm not sure if I can follow the instructions. The idea of going to watch a game of football, and a cup final at that, without being able to have a few drinks is silly. No wonder people get hammered before the game. Prohibition never works.

Pretty Boy
17-05-2016, 06:06 AM
Any chance we can keep this on topic rather than having a pop at another poster? A few of the usual suspects involved again as well I see and one of the most ridiculous 'yam' accusations yet.

Biggie
17-05-2016, 06:16 AM
Thank goodness that Ajax, Munich etc etc don't have some of the grumps we have! It's a spectacular game- just go with the flow & enjoy.

Bet their wives love it when they go out to the football....deary me

Callum7
17-05-2016, 06:24 AM
May I ask why some people aren't going to participate?

bigwheel
17-05-2016, 06:35 AM

.....they can't pick up their flag due to their petted lip getting in the way [emoji6]

flash
17-05-2016, 06:36 AM
A lot of people don't like the regimented aspect of these displays and prefer to enjoy watching the teams emerge on to the park.
Personally I don't like them and hate the blaring music and explosions too.
Let the fans be heard!

Dinkydoo
17-05-2016, 06:36 AM
I had no idea that participating in a 30 second display could literally ruin someone's entire day....but, here we are.

I'm in the display section and I'm not all that excited about having one, but come the day I will be absolutely doing my part to help make sure it looks great.

Albanian Hibs
17-05-2016, 06:47 AM
I wonder if its tshirts??

Santa Cruz
17-05-2016, 06:50 AM
I heard that everyone's got to put a skirt on and wave pom poms about

jws1875
17-05-2016, 06:57 AM
It's flags

Nicho87
17-05-2016, 07:00 AM
I refuse to wave my flag. Seriously haha.

ronaldo7
17-05-2016, 07:19 AM
Well done to the guys for organising this. I'll be in the South enjoying the view. The guys not wishing to participate could maybe identify their seats so a sour ploom could be placed on it prior to kick off.

Back the team. #weargreen

:flag:

RIP
17-05-2016, 07:22 AM
Maybe we should have had smiley faces and torn-faced ones. People could have then made a personal choice- no?

GreenCastle
17-05-2016, 08:41 AM

Fun police.

Looking forward to seeing this and I hope all fans help for a few minutes - look up at the screens if players shaking hands is your thing.

Well done those who organised.

Gatecrasher
17-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Look forward to seeing it, good luck.

Carheenlea
17-05-2016, 08:47 AM
I propose a minutes applause straight from KO from the East and South in tribute to all those in the North who participate.

Andy74
17-05-2016, 08:49 AM
Good grief if you've got nothing good to say...

:hmmm:
Doesn't really apply when we are being asked to do something and it may impact on the enjoyment of people who don't like these things.

A small number of people decided to try and impose this so we have a choice in being able to respond.

bod
17-05-2016, 08:54 AM
Well done to the guys for organising this. I'll be in the South enjoying the view. The guys not wishing to participate could maybe identify their seats so a sour ploom could be placed on it prior to kick off.

Back the team. #weargreen

:flag:

north stand
section D2
row AA
seat 46

Scouse Hibee
17-05-2016, 09:08 AM
I heard that everyone's got to put a skirt on and wave pom poms about

FFS I have no problem doing that, why didn't someone just say that in the first place. :wink:

Pete
17-05-2016, 09:20 AM
I propose a minutes applause straight from KO from the East and South in tribute to all those in the North who participate.

:agree:

Followed by a wee bit booing for the meanies amongst us.

flash
17-05-2016, 09:22 AM
I think it's a great idea- seeing as I am in the South.

wearethehibs
17-05-2016, 09:42 AM
Doesn't really apply when we are being asked to do something and it may impact on the enjoyment of people who don't like these things.

A small number of people decided to try and impose this so we have a choice in being able to respond.

Can only assume this guy is fishing

Andy74
17-05-2016, 09:46 AM
Can only assume this guy is fishing

If you mean giving my view then yes.

The internet really has blunted some people's ability to take part in a conversation without reverting to strange terms to describe the views of others.

EH54
17-05-2016, 09:52 AM
@Andy74

Don't think anyone is trying to impose anything on anyone so perhaps you should also try stop using strange terms to describe others views and suggestions

Andy74
17-05-2016, 09:55 AM
@Andy74

Don't think anyone is trying to impose anything on anyone so perhaps you should also try stop using strange terms to describe others views and suggestions

It's going ahead so it has been imposed. There was a thread not long ago about displays and most weren't in favour of doing them again as it took away from the atmosphere of actually being there. Might be nice to look at I'm sure.

SlickShoes
17-05-2016, 10:01 AM
It's going ahead so it has been imposed. There was a thread not long ago about displays and most weren't in favour of doing them again as it took away from the atmosphere of actually being there. Might be nice to look at I'm sure.

It's not imposed if the thing asks you to take part, you have the free will to refuse and not take part.

hibs0666
17-05-2016, 10:04 AM

Why so anal? It's a bit of fun ffs.

Frazerbob
17-05-2016, 10:06 AM
Well done on organising this. I look forward to it. You can bet your mortgage that the Sevco fans will have something planned so great news IMHO.

marinello59
17-05-2016, 10:06 AM
Course your right I just think holding a peace of card up or waving a flag for 5 seconds while team comes out isn't much to ask and hope majority do take part as it will look awful if they don't

Im sure it's waver flags like in this pic: 16521

That would look pretty good.

Frazerbob
17-05-2016, 10:07 AM

Have a word with yourself.

Since90+2
17-05-2016, 10:14 AM
Well done to everyone for taking the time to organise it.

You really have to laugh at the people complaining about it. Seriously get a grip.

FranckSuzy
17-05-2016, 10:17 AM
If whether or not you should participate in a display on Saturday is the only thing that's worrying you then you're lucky! I can only assume there are some diversion tactics at play here as I wish it was the only thing I was thinking about with regards to the game....

FWIW, I enjoy seeing the displays and have supported them both financially and physically in the past but, if I'm honest, I'd rather 'just' clap my team on to the park. Also, as I'm in South, it doesn't affect me but good on those who are trying to inject a sense of occasion into the day :top marks

Andy74
17-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Well done for everyone for taking the time to organise it.

You really have to laugh at the people complaining about it. Seriously get a grip.

I don't need to get a grip or have any word with myself but thanks to some for your suggestions on that front.

From recent discussions on this the majority of people didn't like them so I think you can expect there to be some comment from those that don't.

The 'if you don't like it just shut up' argument is the one that isn't helpful. It appears that those who want to continue these have taken that attitude and gone ahead anyway so I'm sure you will all enjoy it all the same whether you have one or two opposing views or not.

Scouse Hibee
17-05-2016, 10:41 AM
It's not imposed if the thing asks you to take part, you have the free will to refuse and not take part.

But exercising that free will means you are fair game to be ridiculed and chastised on here?

Ozyhibby
17-05-2016, 10:49 AM
These things last 30 secs FFS. Like singing Sunshine on Leith, it's a participation event. If you don't like the participation aspect of being in big crowds at big events, you should probably stay at home on watch on TV. You won't have to do a thing there that you don't want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
17-05-2016, 10:51 AM
If whether or not you should participate in a display on Saturday is the only thing that's worrying you then you're lucky! I can only assume there are some diversion tactics at play here as I wish it was the only thing I was thinking about with regards to the game....

FWIW, I enjoy seeing the displays and have supported them both financially and physically in the past but, if I'm honest, I'd rather 'just' clap my team on to the park. Also, as I'm in South, it doesn't affect me but good on those who are trying to inject a sense of occasion into the day :top marks

Tend to agree personally thought the display for the Hearts final was brilliant.

Alex Trager
17-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Jesus wept.

Imagine the audacity in THIS day and age of someone asking you to wave a flag whilst the team comes out!

How dare they!

Some folk have become so sensitive about the prettiest of things.

It's literally waving a flag. If that's going to ruin your day then I hate to see what you'll be like if we lose.

Or indeed if we win and people are waving flags in leith.

Stop taking yourselves so serious and participate, or don't, in what will make a good spectacle.

Scouse Hibee
17-05-2016, 10:58 AM
Jesus wept.

Imagine the audacity in THIS day and age of someone asking you to wave a flag whilst the team comes out!

How dare they!

Some folk have become so sensitive about the prettiest of things.

It's literally waving a flag. If that's going to ruin your day then I hate to see what you'll be like if we lose.

Or indeed if we win and people are waving flags in leith.

Stop taking yourselves so serious and participate, or don't, in what will make a good spectacle.

Deary me, never read so much patronising ****** in my life,just accept some people have different opinions and leave it at that.

HappyHibby93
17-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Given that people have put time and money into making what will probably be a cool display, i don't understand why people would be so precious about lifting a card in the air for 30 seconds.

HappyHanlon
17-05-2016, 11:11 AM
Wow.

We actually have some boring killjoys in our support

DaveF
17-05-2016, 11:19 AM
3 more days to fret and make my mind up whether to wave or not. The tension will be unbearable when Saturday arrives.....

cabbageandribs1875
17-05-2016, 11:32 AM
hope it looks good from my :sofa:

Andy74
17-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Wow.

We actually have some boring killjoys in our support

Actually what some are saying is that it's the displays that kill part of the pre game atmosphere. Not that everyone should sit on their hands.

So, nothing to do with killing any joy!

Jonny1875
17-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Anyone have any Hibs stickers i can get off them on Saturday and plaster around Belfast? :greengrin:greengrin

Alex Trager
17-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Deary me, never read so much patronising ****** in my life,just accept some people have different opinions and leave it at that.

The tone is fitting with the bleating going on in this thread.

Totally agree people have different opinions.

flash
17-05-2016, 11:38 AM
Some people get awfy precious about this.
I would rather leave the synchronization to opening ceremonies at Olympics and such like.
The teams coming out is a magic moment and should be seen and reacted to accordingly.

ronaldo7
17-05-2016, 11:42 AM
north stand
section D2
row AA
seat 46

:tee hee: Just in case I don't get to your seat bod. :aok:

16522 16523

WeeRussell
17-05-2016, 11:48 AM
I just hope the atmosphere on Saturday is better than the one on this forum right now... flags or nae flags :greengrin

Waxy
17-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Actually what some are saying is that it's the displays that kill part of the pre game atmosphere. Not that everyone should sit on their hands.

So, nothing to do with killing any joy!Bet you've pooped a party or two in your time?

Since1875Hibs
17-05-2016, 11:51 AM
I don't need to get a grip or have any word with myself but thanks to some for your suggestions on that front.

From recent discussions on this the majority of people didn't like them so I think you can expect there to be some comment from those that don't.

The 'if you don't like it just shut up' argument is the one that isn't helpful. It appears that those who want to continue these have taken that attitude and gone ahead anyway so I'm sure you will all enjoy it all the same whether you have one or two opposing views or not.

Andy, if you review my opening post you'll see we've taking feedback on board, which was mainly due to card. Nothing is being imposed on anyone, you all have a choice. We've politely asked for your support to which you've refused. Again, we respect your own personal choice.

I'd also call out that half a dozen posts on .net is not viewed as a majority. We've also discussed this with our group, section, the Hibeesbounce forum and a couple of branches where the overwhelming majority supported, and helped fund this display.

WeeRussell
17-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Andy, if you review my opening post you'll see we've taking feedback on board, which was mainly due to card. Nothing is being imposed on anyone, you all have a choice. We're politely asked for your support to which you've refused. Again, we respect your own personal choice.

I'd also call out that half a dozen posts on .net is not viewed as a majority. We've also discussed this with our group, section, the Hibeesbounce forum and a couple of branches where the overwhelming majority supported, and helped fund this display.

A very sensible and fair post, given some of the short, negative (and clearly intended to get a reaction) posts that have gone before it. The bit in bold is something I have been thinking throughout reading this thread. Such arrogance to claim that this should not have been done because a couple of posts on Hibs.net weren't all for it.

All the best for Saturday - I am sure it will look great from across the East :aok:

For anyone that is allergic to flags - I'll be happy to take yours home with me, should we win the game :aok:

Andy74
17-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Bet you've pooped a party or two in your time?

Not really. I'm generally okay at parties due to my ability not to make personal comments to our about people I don't know in the course of an ordinary conversation.

scoopyboy
17-05-2016, 12:00 PM
I like the displays, they look good but am happy not to be part of it.

For me one of the most important bits of the cup final is seeing and applauding Hibs onto the park, this isn't possible when holding a card in front of one's face.

Still look forward to seeing it from South Upper though.:flag::flag::flag:

stantonhibby
17-05-2016, 12:01 PM

For me one of the most important bits of the cup final is seeing and applauding Hibs onto the park, this isn't possible when holding a card in front of one's face.

Agree.....as I'm in South Upper also.

Waxy
17-05-2016, 12:15 PM
Not really. I'm generally okay at parties due to my ability not to make personal comments to our about people I don't know in the course of an ordinary conversation.

You and my missus would have a great argument.

Biggie
17-05-2016, 12:18 PM
No doubt there will be some wise guys on here on the Monday after the final saying it would have been a great day if it wasn't for a bunch of pricks shouting in their ear all afternoon :tee hee:

SunshineOnLeith
17-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Given that people have put time and money into making what will probably be a cool display, i don't understand why people would be so precious about lifting a card in the air for 30 seconds.

Thankfully, it sounds like it's not a card display.

I'm in the North Stand and, frankly, would prefer this wasn't happening at all but I'm not going to get precious over a wee flag which can pretty easily just be ignored.

SpaceBob
17-05-2016, 12:44 PM
The cameras are going to zoom right in to you're non-participating face, but then again you're choice not mine.

Maybe he has a face fit for telly.

SpaceBob
17-05-2016, 12:46 PM

Agree

Scouse Hibee
17-05-2016, 01:00 PM
Maybe he has a face fit for telly.

:-)

we are hibs
17-05-2016, 02:06 PM
The same people moaning about waving a flag will be the same people moaning about people standing in the north stand.

It's a flag. Get a grip.

HibsNutter
17-05-2016, 02:11 PM
The same people moaning about waving a flag will be the same people moaning about people standing in the north stand.

It's a flag. Get a grip.

Seriously hoping that people have realised that those in the North want to stand and if they have bought tickets there will not be tapping people on the shoulder asking them to sit down. Safe standing areas are needed to end all the debate.

Beefster
17-05-2016, 02:18 PM
north stand
section D2
row AA
seat 46

I thought you were being very brave until it dawned on me that that's my seat.

By the way, on Saturday, I'll be in the mood for handing out wads of cash, kissing strange men and telling hard men to shut their purty little faces. Just come to my seat (see above) if any of those take your fancy.

CapitalGreen
17-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Well done to all those who have volunteered their time, effort and cash to this. Looking forward to taking part on Saturday. Still proud to #WearGreen

leggeto
17-05-2016, 02:28 PM

Just give the flag to the person next to you,boom done sorted :)

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2016, 02:38 PM
I wonder if these flags have green white and gold on them, then we can have a proper flag debate on the Monday after. :wink:

Diclonius
17-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Well, I sure am glad I'm in the South Upper and won't have to make the life changing decision whether to participate or not. :flag:

Sudds_1
17-05-2016, 02:58 PM
I know. There was a thread a few weeks back and I'm sure the majority were happy to see the back of these. Not sure where the OP sourced his feedback from. Don't think it was from here.

................probably not. Too many doom and gloom humour bypasses on here :wink:

Bishop Hibee
17-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Hibs.net is not necessarily indicative of Hibs fans opinions. More don't post on here than do. Sorry if that's a shock to some.

Pretty Boy
17-05-2016, 03:26 PM
Wasn't really fussed about a display but I'm in the North and if there's one happening I'll join in.

Still hope to see as many supporters groups etc as possible push the #weargreen campiagn as well. Hopefully Hibs will put something on the official site. Think after the display is done a whole end of Hampden all in green will look brilliant.

al1875
17-05-2016, 03:27 PM
Hibs.net is not necessarily indicative of Hibs fans opinions. More don't post on here than do. Sorry if that's a shock to some.

Yip thats true.
This is my first post (I think), always just read.
If you are watching on tv and see a wee space where there should be a card, that could well be me trying to watch the teams come out, line up etc
If I want a show or a spectacle I'll go to the theatre.
Sorry my first post is so negative, but there you go.
Cheers A

pacoluna
17-05-2016, 03:31 PM
:agree: (it will shock a couple)

.Sean.
17-05-2016, 03:35 PM
Wasn't really fussed about a display but I'm in the North and if there's one happening I'll join in.

Still hope to see as many supporters groups etc as possible push the #weargreen campiagn as well. Hopefully Hibs will put something on the official site. Think after the display is done a whole end of Hampden all in green will look brilliant.
:agree: Not usually one for colours but have ordered a nice Hibby green jersey and dug out an old Hibs scarf from the 60s!

Andy74
17-05-2016, 03:44 PM

It's not indicative of ALL fans' opinions of course but it's a pretty useful cross section. Still, this is where this is being discussed just now.

Unless you are going to ask every fan then whatever groups you speak to will equally be not indicative of what everyone thinks.

Callum7
17-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Yip thats true.
If you are watching on tv and see a wee space where there should be a card, that could well be me trying to watch the teams come out, line up etc
Cheers A

Poke some eye holes in the card:aok:

leggeto
17-05-2016, 03:53 PM
Yip thats true.
Cheers A

Think it's flags so you'll be fine

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2016, 03:57 PM
If theres a piece of cardboard or a flag on my seat, i will hold it up or wave it.

Iv'e seen Hibs come out the tunnel at Hamden before.

leggeto
17-05-2016, 03:59 PM
If theres a piece of cardboard or a flag on my seat, i will hold it up or wave it.

If it's cards you could use them as Frisbees :)

KWJ
17-05-2016, 04:01 PM
This thread is hilarious :greengrin

CapitalGreen
17-05-2016, 04:07 PM

and if anyone misses it the first time they will come out the tunnel again around 4pm.

bod
17-05-2016, 04:10 PM
north stand
section D2
row AA
seat 46

I thought you were being very brave until it dawned on me that that's my seat.

By the way, on Saturday, I'll be in the mood for handing out wads of cash, kissing strange men and telling hard men to shut their purty little faces. Just come to my seat (see above) if any of those take your fancy.

maybe its section C2 then :flag:

Andy74
17-05-2016, 04:10 PM

I'm just going to glare at it in disdain. Not planning on sitting down so it can remain undisturbed. I don't know if the Rangers fans Im taking with my spare tickets will join in or not.

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2016, 04:11 PM
I'm just going to glare at it in disdain. Not planning on sitting down so it can remain undisturbed. I don't know if the Rangers fans Im taking with my spare tickets will join in or not.

:tee hee:

Waxy
17-05-2016, 04:12 PM

You dont know Alan Stubbs but you want him to lose his job. That's quite personal?

Andy74
17-05-2016, 04:14 PM
You dont know Alan Stubbs but you want him to lose his job. That's quite personal?

Yes that's just the same.

DaveF
17-05-2016, 04:37 PM
A very sensible and fair post, given some of the short, negative (and clearly intended to get a reaction) posts that have gone before it. The bit in bold is something I have been thinking throughout reading this thread. Such arrogance to claim that this should not have been done because a couple of posts on Hibs.net weren't all for it.

All the best for Saturday - I am sure it will look great from across the East :aok:

For anyone that is allergic to flags - I'll be happy to take yours home with me, should we win the game :aok:

Can I just point out that hibs.net as a site isn't banning fun, just before it becomes FACT :greengrin

Johnny Clash
17-05-2016, 05:14 PM
I always remember when Scotland played at Wembley in the 70s and all you could see was a sea of Scotland flags all over the terraces. Players get a lift from that sort of thing as do most supporters I would reckon. It helps generate atmosphere. So to see the same effect with Hibs flags on Saturday would be great. If someone prefers not to wave a flag then simply pass it on to someone who does. No big deal.

I appreciate the effort put in to organising this by volunteer supporters ... so a big thanks from me!!

tamig
17-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Seriously hoping that people have realised that those in the North want to stand and if they have bought tickets there will not be tapping people on the shoulder asking them to sit down. Safe standing areas are needed to end all the debate.
I prefer standing myself. However, is this an official stance that the North will be standing only on Saturday and everybody who's in there doesn't want to sit? I think your comments are maybe a bit wide of the mark.

GreenLake
17-05-2016, 05:44 PM
I would like to see something like this (https://vimeo.com/141447156) but substitute green for red and English for Spanish.

I will be taking a video of our display on Saturday while waving a green flag.

OsloHibs
17-05-2016, 05:45 PM
Yip thats true.
Cheers A

What a first post... you'll get on well with Andy74.

Sudds_1
17-05-2016, 06:11 PM

hows his english?:wink::greengrin

HappyHanlon
17-05-2016, 07:13 PM

So, nothing to do with killing any joy!

Jeezo. Grow up.

Andy74
17-05-2016, 07:29 PM
Jeezo. Grow up.

Grow up. Wow, you got me there. I'll get on with that.

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Is there honestly 154 posts debating this [emoji85][emoji23] You'd think we all had nothing else to worry about as Hibs fans haha

Since1875Hibs
18-05-2016, 06:22 AM
Thanks for all the donations made so far, genuinely appreciated.

smack
18-05-2016, 06:36 AM
I prefer standing myself. However, is this an official stance that the North will be standing only on Saturday and everybody who's in there doesn't want to sit? I think your comments are maybe a bit wide of the mark.
Not much chance of standing on your own on Saturday unless you get in to the ground really early or stay after about 4.15pm

SouthMoroccoStu
18-05-2016, 09:52 AM
We have organised a display in the North Stand for Saturday.

Well done for organising this.

Donation sent via PayPal

GGTTH

erskine-hibby
18-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Will be watching on from the south stand. Well done to everyone involved.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Onion
18-05-2016, 07:39 PM
If it's cards you could use them as Frisbees :)

They're going to be worth ££££ after we win it. along with jars of air, drops of rain and chunks of turf. Prepare for an epic day :thumbsup:

GreenArmyyy!
18-05-2016, 07:52 PM

That's not true though is it..... The Rangers have a huge display planned for the West stand on Saturday.

Onion
18-05-2016, 08:00 PM
That's not true though is it..... The Rangers have a huge display planned for the West stand on Saturday.

Maybe a list of the creditors they defaulted in 12 point ?

GreenCastle
18-05-2016, 08:08 PM

Yup..taken from the Union Bears Facebook..

The Union Bears have a large display planned for Saturday's Scottish cup final.
All supporters in sections A4-B4 in the West Stand will find an item under their seat. If this effects you then we'd ask that you hold this item up as the first Rangers player emerges from the tunnel.
If this display receives full participation then we truly believe that it will be one of our best displays to date.
If you would like to make a donation towards future displays then you can do so by going through the following link:

Thank you for your continued support.
Union Bears
No Surrender

Carheenlea
18-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Do the guys behind this have a name they go by? Or is it a few mates clubbing together to put something in place?
The reason I ask is for nothing more than curiosity! I`ll be in Upper South so will have a grandstand view of the display.

Swedish hibee
18-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Well done everyone involved. I'm looking forward to it, whatever it is!

Since1875Hibs
19-05-2016, 05:51 AM
Do the guys behind this have a name they go by? Or is it a few mates clubbing together to put something in place?
The reason I ask is for nothing more than curiosity! I`ll be in Upper South so will have a grandstand view of the display.

Since 1875

Has been for a few years.

Since1875Hibs
21-05-2016, 06:15 AM
Thanks for all the donations.

Greencore
21-05-2016, 06:16 AM
I hope it's a massive Republic of Ireland flag, imagine the The Rangers fans reaction 😂😂😂

marinello59
21-05-2016, 06:53 AM
I hope it's a massive Republic of Ireland flag, imagine the The Rangers fans reaction 

:greengrin

Captain Trips
21-05-2016, 07:06 AM
A big mock P60.

hibee_nation
21-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Hope they are not expecting me to raise my scarf at sunshine on leith if we win,hate these organised vids on you tube 😇

guthrie01
21-05-2016, 10:23 PM
:flag:Thought the display looked amazing today and well done to all involved. TIME FOR HERO'S INDEED :flag:

Hannah_hfc
21-05-2016, 10:40 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160521/40ff484c3773c74f70ab32c01f73269e.jpg

Well done to everyone who organised this!

EDIT: apologies can't seem to rotate the photo round properly
Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RoYO!
21-05-2016, 10:43 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160521/40ff484c3773c74f70ab32c01f73269e.jpg

Well done to everyone who organised this!
Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That looks great! Only saw the banner from behind at the game :)

Well chosen words

Billy Whizz
21-05-2016, 10:44 PM
:flag:Thought the display looked amazing today and well done to all involved. TIME FOR HERO'S INDEED :flag:

I agree, well done to everyone who organised