PDA

View Full Version : Hampden Car Parking

LancashireHibby
16-05-2016, 10:48 AM
Anyone got any car parking tips for Saturday? I've parked in the estate near the stadium in the past but believe that's permit only these days? Will be heading in on the M74 and obviously don't want to end up in an area where we'll have to walk through with a load of the unwashed.

green day
16-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Anyone got any car parking tips for Saturday? I've parked in the estate near the stadium in the past but believe that's permit only these days? Will be heading in on the M74 and obviously don't want to end up in an area where we'll have to walk through with a load of the unwashed.

Anywhere south of Kings Park Ave on Aitkenhead Rd area is usually fine.

LancashireHibby
16-05-2016, 10:57 AM
Anywhere south of Kings Park Ave on Aitkenhead Rd area is usually fine.
Seem to recall parking there in the past now you mention it. Gets us off the M74 a junction earlier and should mean we'll join the Hibby throngs walking from Kings Park station. That'll do for me, cheers.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Hows the M8 / M74 around Ballieston these days? Was chokka for the league cup final

JeMeSouviens
16-05-2016, 11:41 AM
This link should get you a map of the controlled event parking zone. Anywhere outside the dotted line is ok.

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=3703&p=0

hibs0666
16-05-2016, 11:52 AM
Hows the M8 / M74 around Ballieston these days? Was chokka for the league cup final

Roadworks are much the same.

JimBHibees
16-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Seem to recall parking there in the past now you mention it. Gets us off the M74 a junction earlier and should mean we'll join the Hibby throngs walking from Kings Park station. That'll do for me, cheers.
Much easier to get away also.

Billy Whizz
16-05-2016, 12:01 PM

Take the East Kilbride turn off, then head down to Hampden that way. Will bring you out at Kings Park end, plenty of on street parking, but make sure you don't park in the permit areas

alexhibs
16-05-2016, 12:02 PM

Prospecthill Road or Westmuir Place are good, never had any problems parking in these areas

ruthven_raiders
16-05-2016, 12:03 PM
Much easier to get away also.

Turn left heading toward East Kilbride, don't turn right towards asda, much quicker back onto M8

JimBHibees
16-05-2016, 12:03 PM
Turn left heading toward East Kilbride, don't turn right towards asda, much quicker back onto M8

Indeed.

MoscowHibs
16-05-2016, 12:11 PM
If you don't mind paying a couple of quid, check out this website. I use it for a lot of games and have got parking 300 yds fae oor end on Saturday. https://www.justpark.com/login/?next=%2Fdashboard%2Fbookings%2F%3Fstatus%3Dmade

Jim44
16-05-2016, 12:26 PM
I've always found spaces at the the top of Langside Road, near Queen's Drive.

erin go bragh
16-05-2016, 02:30 PM
I parked in the ASDA car park for the final . Which is right next to our end at Hampfen .

GGTTH

SlickShoes
16-05-2016, 02:36 PM
I've always found spaces at the the top of Langside Road, near Queen's Drive.

That's usually where I park but this will be filled with The Rangers type folk, so it may be worth moving to the East side of the stadium for this game.

northstandhibby
16-05-2016, 02:39 PM
I paid £13.50 to park on a locals drive. Stumbled upon yourparking site with locals hiring out their spaces. I just thought why not. Few minutes walk from South Stand. Hope it's not a con but seems genuine enough.

GGTTH