PDA

View Full Version : Staying safe in Glasgow on Saturday

Diclonius
15-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Given that we are playing the only Scottish team with a minority of fans liable to be aggressive towards us, in their home city, what security arrangements are going to be in place? Will be heading early into Glasgow on Saturday but considering not wearing club colours, which would be a real shame considering the importance of the game.

Assuming Hibs fans will be stewarded towards the King's Park line with Rangers at Mount Florida, but even then fans will be in close proximity at Central.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Given that we are playing the only Scottish team with a minority of fans liable to be aggressive towards us, in their home city, what are security arrangements are going to be in place? Will be heading early into Glasgow on Saturday but considering not wearing club colours, which would be a real shame considering the importance of the game.

Assuming Hibs fans will be stewarded towards the King's Park line with Rangers at Mount Florida, but even then fans will be in close proximity at Central.

**** these radges, wear your club colours with pride mate.

IberianHibernian
15-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Given that we are playing the only Scottish team with a minority of fans liable to be aggressive towards us, in their home city, what are security arrangements are going to be in place? Will be heading early into Glasgow on Saturday but considering not wearing club colours, which would be a real shame considering the importance of the game.

Assuming Hibs fans will be stewarded towards the King's Park line with Rangers at Mount Florida, but even then fans will be in close proximity at Central.In 2012 , I stayed in Glasgow the night before the match and hardly saw a Hearts fan before the match . There was a massive police presence and suppose it`ll be the same this time . Works at Queen Street Station make situation more unpredictable . Why don`t ScotRail put on direct trains from Edinburgh to Kings Park? They used to at big matches .

silverhibee
15-05-2016, 11:19 PM
#WearGreen :flag:

Diclonius
15-05-2016, 11:25 PM
In 2012 , I stayed in Glasgow the night before the match and hardly saw a Hearts fan before the match . There was a massive police presence and suppose it`ll be the same this time . Works at Queen Street Station make situation more unpredictable . Why don`t ScotRail put on direct trains from Edinburgh to Kings Park? They used to at big matches .

Makes no difference in my case, will be coming from Falkirk High which is always heaving with Huns.

Pete
15-05-2016, 11:30 PM
Thinking about getting the train which used to be waverley to one Glasgow station followed by a walk to another station where you get the train to mount florida. Not looking forward to it as I don't know what percentage of them will be huns and I don't fancy being spat on, abused or any of that.

Might just get the train in with a few cans, find a friendly pub, get leathered and just wing it for the rest of the day.

IberianHibernian
15-05-2016, 11:30 PM
Makes no difference in my case, will be coming from Falkirk High which is always heaving with Huns.
I probably won`t be coming from Edinburgh either but would help a lot of fans .

My_Wife_Camille
15-05-2016, 11:32 PM
#WearGreen :flag:

:agree: #WearGreen

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 11:33 PM
In 2012 , I stayed in Glasgow the night before the match and hardly saw a Hearts fan before the match . There was a massive police presence and suppose it`ll be the same this time . Works at Queen Street Station make situation more unpredictable . Why don`t ScotRail put on direct trains from Edinburgh to Kings Park? They used to at big matches .

There are many reasons why ScotRail can't/won't do this. I'm not going to list them all though. Take it from me this can't happen.

FromTheCapital
15-05-2016, 11:33 PM
****** the vermin and wear the green and white with pride. There will be 21,000 alongside you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cwilliamson85
16-05-2016, 09:07 AM
I live in west end of Glasgow and will be wearing green on Saturday.

Like most supports they have a minority that will look to cause trouble but we also have that section within our own support that will be looking for the same. Fingers crossed they find each other away from the rest of the football fans that want to have a good time at the football.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Saint Hibee
16-05-2016, 09:23 AM
Was hoping to get the train through, but now looks like I'll have to drive as my son has a match at Warriston in the morning. Anybody have any suggestions for safe, easy parking near Hampden?

Onceinawhile
16-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Thinking about getting the train which used to be waverley to one Glasgow station followed by a walk to another station where you get the train to mount florida. Not looking forward to it as I don't know what percentage of them will be huns and I don't fancy being spat on, abused or any of that.

Might just get the train in with a few cans, find a friendly pub, get leathered and just wing it for the rest of the day.

Trains are incredibly likely to be dry.

Dunedin Hibs
16-05-2016, 09:52 AM
I live in west end of Glasgow and will be wearing green on Saturday.

Like most supports they have a minority that will look to cause trouble but we also have that section within our own support that will be looking for the same. Fingers crossed they find each other away from the rest of the football fans that want to have a good time at the football.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Good on ya mate...always wear our colours with pride, let the numpties fight!

erin go bragh
16-05-2016, 09:54 AM
#WearGreen
🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

GGTTH

lucky
16-05-2016, 09:58 AM
Don't see why you can't wear your colours. Hibs fans are just as likely to misbehave as them. I can't remember the las time I saw trouble at football.

Jones28
16-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Take a scarf and jacket so you can cover up, best way to go about it it if you've any reason to worry. Planning on getting the train through from Lithgae which will be Hun central as well.

SeanWilson
16-05-2016, 10:03 AM
I'll be wearing my newly purchased 80's replica and may even take the Erin go Bragh flag of my lads bedroom wall and rap it it round me. **** them. Hibs for the cup.

DH1875
16-05-2016, 10:15 AM
I think people are missing the point. This ain't like any normal visit to ibrox when 40k of them are at the game and in and around the stadium. There will be thousands of them in the city centre to watch the game in the bars and clubs. I'm not just talking about guys who go to their games but also all the hangers on and glory hunters who'll be out to watch it cause its a cup final. They won't be out to cause trouble and I don't expect much before the game but after we win and given they've been in the pub all day, getting back could be a bit dodgy. Don't think different trains will make much difference either. Remember coming back from playing Ayr and there being a lot of trouble in central station with rangers fans who were either waiting for us or on their way back from their game (point being, we were obviously not on the same trains that day).

Albanian Hibs
16-05-2016, 10:19 AM
#weargreen

NAE NOOKIE
16-05-2016, 10:24 AM
Its a sad state of affairs that this thread even has to exist in this day and age. If you really do feel its not safe to wear colours on the way to the game its easy enough to buy an over priced scarf or flag outside the ground when you get there.

hibs0666
16-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Given that we are playing the only Scottish team with a minority of fans liable to be aggressive towards us, in their home city, what security arrangements are going to be in place? Will be heading early into Glasgow on Saturday but considering not wearing club colours, which would be a real shame considering the importance of the game.

If they can handle old firm games then there's no need to worry about this one.

JOD
16-05-2016, 10:27 AM

If coming from Falkirk like myself better going Grahamston to Larbert and getting on train from Alloa to Queen Street less hassle and less crowded.

Hibby Gav
16-05-2016, 10:32 AM
:agree: #WearGreen

#weargreen !

Newcastlehibby
16-05-2016, 10:39 AM
Was hoping to get the train through, but now looks like I'll have to drive as my son has a match at Warriston in the morning. Anybody have any suggestions for safe, easy parking near Hampden?

I will be coming by car as well. I read on another thread somewhere that the area around Allison St was a good place to park for free and allows reasonably quick access to M73/M8 afterwards.

Can anybody else confirm this/

I have had a look on Google streetmap and it looks ok.

BH Hibs
16-05-2016, 10:48 AM

Not seen anything official yet but t would be amazed if there wasn't an alcohol ban on and probably no group save tickets on sale

Since90+2
16-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Absolutely no chance you will be allowed alcohol on the trains.

It was banned for the Ross County final and this game is obviously far more likely to result in trouble.

Hermit Crab
16-05-2016, 10:55 AM
Not seen anything official yet but t would be amazed if there wasn't an alcohol ban on and probably no group save tickets on sale

It was banned for the Ross County final and this game is obviously far more likely to result in trouble.

Correct on both comments. Alcohol ban information posters generally appear 72 hours before the event. Group save tickets always withdrawn for things like this.

SeanWilson
16-05-2016, 11:08 AM

absolutely no chance they can police it other than at waverley... the trains are rammed and no conductor walking up and down... we had a few cans on the way through to RC game (got on at bathgate)

Since90+2
16-05-2016, 11:10 AM
The trains will have Police on them I would be fairly certain of that. Lets face it the chance of any bother occuring at the Ross Country game was virtually none whereas this match is probably at highest level the other way (in Scotland anyway).

If you are sly and have a bottle of coke or similar with something in it you will get away with it but I doubt you will get away with sitting sinking tinnies.

SeanWilson
16-05-2016, 11:12 AM
The trains will have Police on them I would be fairly certain of that. Lets face it the chance of any bother occuring at the Ross Country game was virtually none whereas this match is probably at highest level the other way (in Scotland anyway).

If you are sly and have a bottle of coke or similar with something in it you will get away with it but I doubt you will get away with sitting sinking tinnies.

have you been on one of these trains on a cup final day? You cant move. Polis will be at the stations.

HibeeHendo
16-05-2016, 11:18 AM
I'm more worried about the train back if we do the impossible and win.

Renfrew_Hibby
16-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Train from Paisley and back at full time. Hibs top and scarf on show. Whatever train I step onto at paisley will be hoachin with cretins and all eyeballs will be on me... **** 'em!

SeanWilson
16-05-2016, 11:19 AM

given i managed to miss 4 trains in a row and and ended up having to get a taxi after the Leage cup final... me too :greengrin

Hermit Crab
16-05-2016, 11:21 AM

Nothing to worry about, the last train from queen street is 23:48. As long as you don't miss that you will be fine. Plus all the daft huns would be long gone.

keano the hibee
16-05-2016, 11:26 AM
I will be coming by car as well. I read on another thread somewhere that the area around Allison St was a good place to park for free and allows reasonably quick access to M73/M8 afterwards.

For the league cup final, i came off at junction 1a and got parked on the road into the network rail depot j think, it was right next to the m74 about a 5 min walk to hampden and got out and onto m74 no bother at all after the game,

lyonhibs
16-05-2016, 11:37 AM
We're only going to Glasgow, not downtown Basra.

Nakedmanoncrack
16-05-2016, 11:40 AM

Any Huns looking in must be pi55ing themselves, some people would be better off just playing safe & staying at home I think.

Toldo123
16-05-2016, 11:44 AM

All the same i would ask the hibs support to just keep your wits about you. It will not be a pleasant atmosphere between both sets of fans before or after the game (regardsless of result).

It is unrealistic to think tha there will definitely be no trouble of some kind on Saturday so if you got kids with you especially keep you eyes open.

Betty Boop
16-05-2016, 11:47 AM

Exactly !

paddy1875
16-05-2016, 12:05 PM

Haha brilliant!

Ilovehibs
16-05-2016, 12:19 PM

We have often parked in the Polmadie residential area with no probs. It's not far off the motorway and a close enough walk to Hampden. Directions usually given on Hibs website for this.

Edson Arantes
16-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Wear the green and drink like a fish :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
16-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Any Huns looking in must be pi55ing themselves, some people would be better off just playing safe & staying at home I think.

To be honest mate any huns looking in should be embarrassed, not pissing themselves. Even when we played the Yams in 2012 people didn't seem to think their personal safety would be something to worry about ........ its only when we play them that threads like this pop up.

The huns hatred for us is close to being on a par with their hatred of Celtic and you only have to look at their treatment of our away fans ( and everybody elses for that matter ) at Ibrox to see how that manifests itself. I can fully understand why any Hibby travelling in anything other than a large group would be worried about being on the wrong train or finding themselves on the wrong side of Hampden on Saturday.

99% of fitba fans have long ago got out of the mind set that its acceptable to hand out a kicking to somebody because of what colours they are wearing ..... our friends from Govan have a long way to go before you can say they have joined that club.

GreenArmyyy!
16-05-2016, 12:45 PM
I'll be wearing my newly purchased 80's replica and may even take the Erin go Bragh flag of my lads bedroom wall and rap it it round me. **** them. Hibs for the cup.

I'll be doing the same but with the 07 CIS cup winners flag!

Not scared of any Zombies although I understand why people would be intimidated by those creatures.

Ringothedog
16-05-2016, 12:55 PM

They will struggle to get on the train then as it will be packed full of Hibs fans

Dunedin Hibs
16-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Train from Paisley and back at full time. Hibs top and scarf on show. Whatever train I step onto at paisley will be hoachin with cretins and all eyeballs will be on me... **** 'em!

Good man. Stand proud. When you get to the Hibs end it will be worth it. Me and my dad will have walk through them to get to Hampden. But we will do so proudly...as any decent football fan should be able to. Elements of SEVCO are horrible though, I know, but **** them they are not going to win the Cup!

ALF TUPPER
16-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Wear your colours with pride. 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
The only time you'll hear from them is when they are herded into their end of Hamden when they start their sectarian filth. They have bravery in numbers.

#GGTTH

northstandhibby
16-05-2016, 03:03 PM
The thing is if a Hun starts bother and you defend yourself, The Glasgow Police won't stop to hear whose fault it was. Try not to react if encountering provocation. Don't go near Hun pubs if going drinking. Most of the City Centre pubs probs won't let you in with colouts on anyway.

Stay safe and don't react. Should be fine otherwise.

GGTTH

SJM
16-05-2016, 03:06 PM
If we win on Saturday I would strongly advise missing the centre of Glasgow out.

SaulGoodman
16-05-2016, 03:11 PM
The place will be crawling with Police. There will be a few pockets from both supports that want to start trouble but for the most part folk are going to watch football. They'll be Rangers fans going with their bairns too.

Folk make it sound like there will be 50,000 people scrapping with each other.

Pete
16-05-2016, 03:12 PM

Looks like my coke will be enjoyed in an Irish fashion then.

Responsibly, of course. :-)

SJM
16-05-2016, 03:13 PM
The place will be crawling with Police. There will be a few pockets from both supports that want to start trouble but for the most part folk are going to watch football. They'll be Rangers fans going with their bairns too.

Rangers fans are ****my ********s, I think you are forgetting that.

SeanWilson
16-05-2016, 03:15 PM

to be fair, if any two sets of fans are going to have trouble, its likely to be us and them (outside of Celtic). I'm going to be in the shed, which is apparently on the war path in to the ground... i expect police everywhere and am not to concerned.

hibs69
16-05-2016, 03:16 PM
The bairn who was about six years old, (in 1993)and was on his knees at the side of road, kissing his Old Rangers badge and giving fk you signals to our league cup final bus will either be in jail or at the game.

SaulGoodman
16-05-2016, 03:17 PM
Rangers fans are ****my ********s, I think you are forgetting that.

Well if I get jumped on my way to the game I'll be sure to come on here and say I was wrong, but I can't see it being as bad as some are making out.

SteveHFC
16-05-2016, 03:24 PM
I'll be doing the same but with the 07 CIS cup winners flag!

Not scared of any Zombies although I understand why people would be intimidated by those creatures.

I'll be doing the same.

Jonny1875
16-05-2016, 04:23 PM
Probably gonna be staying in Glasgow after the game as flying back from Glasgow on Sunday anyone any recommendations for decent quiet hibs friendly bar?

SunshineOnLeith
16-05-2016, 04:36 PM

The slow trains to Queen St Lower Level weren't dry for the League Cup final, although now that there's all the engineering works on the Edinburgh-Glasgow line who knows what the score is.

Would imagine the police presence will be pretty hefty everywhere so should be pretty easy to avoid trouble.

sleeping giant
16-05-2016, 04:51 PM
I'm going in early on the train and will be wearing green.

I'm still not entirely sure how I'm getting back to the train station though. Taxis will be few and far between.

How are others getting back to the station ?
Google maps says it's a 45 minute walk to Queen St station. That's about 30 minutes too long :greengrin:

I'm taking my laddie so would like to avoid them if possible.

SeanWilson
16-05-2016, 04:54 PM

I'm still not entirely sure how I'm getting back to the train station though. Taxis will be few and far between.

Google maps says it's a 45 minute walk to Queen St station. That's about 30 minutes too long :greengrin:

We walked back to town after the league cup and it took about 40 mins, very easy when you see all traffic static... Probably the best option bar finding a bar to hang around in.

Pete
16-05-2016, 05:00 PM

I'm in the same boat and thinking about walking to kings park and getting the train back into town.

Think it'll be fast blacks on the way in though.

SJM
16-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Well if I get jumped on my way to the game I'll be sure to come on here and say I was wrong, but I can't see it being as bad as some are making out.

Have you ever experienced the underground to ibrox subway on match day? It's like something out of Ross Kemp on gangs.

Leith Green
16-05-2016, 05:06 PM
**** them.. They will have bitten off more than they can chew if they start with any of our bus. And im pretty sure that goes for a lot of the Hibs support. They are and always have been liberty takers, they are *****bags when the numbers dont massively favour them

Hermit Crab
16-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Have you ever experienced the underground to ibrox subway on match day? It's like something out of Ross Kemp on gangs.

Yes, it's horrendous but we wont be anywhere near an underground train and the whole of Glasgow will be crawling with police, they will treat this the same way as they treat an old firm derby.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-05-2016, 05:42 PM
I'm not taking any chances - a catering size bar of soap should be good enough to keep the numpties at bay - they won't go near the stuff apparently.

RIP
16-05-2016, 05:49 PM

Google Street map won't show the one-way system around Allison St. Been installed to avoid Hampden travellers parking there. Best to park 30-40 mins walk away. The further away, the quicker the getaway.

norhfc
16-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Watching PL games these days, wonder if they will be selling these half and half scarfs for the occasion....haha doubt it :greengrin

broondog
16-05-2016, 05:58 PM

agree that people should wear hibs colours with pride but why lower ourselves to old firm standards. hate the irish pish that a serious minority of our support seem to latch onto. all that can get tae **** as far as I am concerned as can any attachment/affiliation to celtic

MickeyEdwards
16-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Google Street map won't show the one-way system around Allison St. Been installed to avoid Hampden travellers parking there. Best to park 30-40 mins walk away. The further away, the quicker the getaway.

Problem with Allison Street is that it is easy to end up at Mount Florida (West Stand end of Hampden - Their end) if you don't know the area well enough!

Make sure you are familiar with that geography before heading over there although it is a good free parking area!

Keith_M
16-05-2016, 06:51 PM
I got a ticket for parking in Allison St... on a Sunday!

If there are no parking restrictions, it must be new.

northstandhibby
16-05-2016, 07:47 PM
agree that people should wear hibs colours with pride but why lower ourselves to old firm standards. hate the irish pish that a serious minority of our support seem to latch onto. all that can get tae **** as far as I am concerned as can any attachment/affiliation to celtic

Don't want to be starting a row about bigotry! Just wanted to say I don't have a problem with either side wearing respectful emblems, I hate it though when it becomes used as stirring up hatred which is imo mostly used by the rangers.

GGTTH

.Sean.
16-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Some pansies on this thread. It's a bunch of Weegies, no ISIS.

Wear your colours with pride. **** the Rangers :aok:

Alfred E Newman
16-05-2016, 08:12 PM

Exactly. Going by the reports of some of our own nutters behaviour at recent Hampden visits I think the bulk of the Rangers support will be avoiding us.

Alex Trager
16-05-2016, 08:16 PM

Could not agree more.

We have moved out of the 80's.

Move in medium sized groups and stay with Hibbys.

The police will be everywhere.

We will all be fine.

Like we always are.

lucky
16-05-2016, 08:55 PM
I'm surprised at some of the comments on here. Hibs will have just as big a support as them. As for going by train there will be more Hibs on trains than them. Also Hibs fans trains will going to Kings park. I doubt there will be any trouble. #WearGreen

MickeyEdwards
16-05-2016, 09:44 PM
I got a ticket for parking in Allison St... on a Sunday!

If there are no parking restrictions, it must be new.

I parked there with my group at the League Cup Final and the Scottish Cup semifinal and parking was free and easy to find on both days. :wink:

Sir David Gray
16-05-2016, 09:52 PM

Amen. :aok:

Glorious St Pat
16-05-2016, 09:56 PM

I roll my eyes! "Irish pish"...I despair. Our original moto... Proud always will be.

Glorious St Pat
16-05-2016, 09:59 PM
Don't want to be starting a row about bigotry! Just wanted to say I don't have a problem with either side wearing respectful emblems, I hate it though when it becomes used as stirring up hatred which is imo mostly used by the rangers.

GGTTH

And how the hell is an Erin go Bragh flag bigoted? Our original colours, original crest and original motto. Think I'll really wind them up with a four province flag and a Vatican flag stitched together - how's that!

JFK-1
16-05-2016, 10:08 PM
And how the hell is an Erin go Bragh flag bigoted? Our original colours, original crest and original motto. Think I'll really wind them up with a four province flag and a Vatican flag stitched together - how's that!

I don't think what you perceive to be bigoted or not is relevant to the topic. The topic is staying safe in Glasgow and if there is some wacko out there who could decide it's bigoted then you're not staying safe and in fact going beyond staying safe and threatening to conduct yourself in a manner you think could attract some crazy.

SunshineOnLeith
16-05-2016, 11:00 PM
And how the hell is an Erin go Bragh flag bigoted?

Nobody said it was....

skyehibee
16-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Anyone else trying The Beechwood pub before the game? Will this be full of hibs fans? I'm planning on heading there early to make sure I get in.

JFK-1
16-05-2016, 11:14 PM
Nobody said it was....

The problem isn't whether it is or not. The topic of the original post is staying safe in Glasgow on Saturday and in Glasgow it doesn't matter what you think isn't bigoted. What matters is anything that could trigger any crazy you may encounter because the crazies are not going to debate it.

They not you will decide what's bigoted or let's say inflammatory and they will take any excuse to call anything at all inflammatory. Don't carry anything that could attract the attention of a crazy who is just looking for any excuse. That's one way to help to stay safe.

SunshineOnLeith
16-05-2016, 11:17 PM
The problem isn't whether it is or not. The topic of the original post is staying safe in Glasgow on Saturday and in Glasgow it doesn't matter what you think isn't bigoted. What matters is anything that could trigger any crazy you may encounter because the crazies are not going to debate it.

They not you will decide what's bigoted or let's say inflammatory and they will take any excuse to call anything at all inflammatory. Don't carry anything that could attract the attention of a crazy who is just looking for any excuse. That's one way to help to stay safe.

I agree entirely. That's why I find St Pat's contribution to the thread a bit....weird.

JFK-1
16-05-2016, 11:26 PM
I agree entirely. That's why I find St Pat's contribution to the thread a bit....weird.

Well exactly, what he's saying is the antithesis of staying safe. On the streets of Glasgow on Saturday there will be a small number out there whom most of you probably wont have the misfortune to come across but some might and these crackers aren't remotely interested in football.

Their only purpose is to look for an excuse to start trouble and it's illogical to carry anything that will give them that excuse. As I said it's irrelevant what anyone thinks is bigoted or not what we're talking about here is staying safe and what he is saying will guarantee you wont be safe if you have the misfortune to come across one of these mental cases.

And it's not about right or wrong, that's just the way it is in sectarian Scotland whether we like it not and obviously most of us don't like it.

Man Down Under
17-05-2016, 01:33 AM
I can't imagine anyone getting into any real trouble unless they are looking for some. Glasgow isn't as bad as it used to be.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

SeanWilson
17-05-2016, 06:33 AM

What level am I lowering myself to? An original club motto and emblem on a flag? What a bad man!:rolleyes:

DH1875
17-05-2016, 07:31 AM
I'm surprised at some of the comments on here. Hibs will have just as big a support as them. As for going by train there will be more Hibs on trains than them. Also Hibs fans trains will going to Kings park. I doubt there will be any trouble. #WearGreen

In the stadium yes, but out and about we'll have nowhere near their numbers. It's a massive game for them and thousands of their fans will be out in Glasgow to watch it. If your on a supporters bus or taking the car then you'll probably have nowt to do with them but if your on the train/going via Glasgow city centre then the potential is huge I'm afraid. All this they'll treat it like an old firm doesn't mean much either as there's ALWAYS trouble at these games, it's just not in the stadium. Rangers fans/casuals attacked 4 different pubs in and around the merchant city after the last game and they had WON. As for the police, they were nowhere to be seen.

ClewsHibs
17-05-2016, 07:52 AM
In the stadium yes, but out and about we'll have nowhere near their numbers. It's a massive game for them and thousands of their fans will be out in Glasgow to watch it. If your on a supporters bus or taking the car then you'll probably have nowt to do with them but if your on the train/going via Glasgow city centre then the potential is huge I'm afraid. All this they'll treat it like an old firm doesn't mean much either as there's ALWAYS trouble at these games, it's just not in the stadium. Rangers fans/casuals attacked 4 different pubs in and around the merchant city after the last game and they had WON. As for the police, they were nowhere to be seen.

What pubs? Genuine question as i might be heading back there after the game

DH1875
17-05-2016, 08:00 AM
What pubs? Genuine question as i might be heading back there after the game

Started at McCullis (sp?) bar and ended down the street at O'Neal's smashing up another couple of bars on the way. McCullis (sp?) and O'Neal's are Celtic pubs, not sure about the others.

SeanWilson
17-05-2016, 08:08 AM

And folk are questioning whether to take there kids!? Joke! I remember before the last game of the season at ER years ago, when Rangers won the league at our place, the 'ICF' trying to get in to the office (not sure it was called the office then)... Quite f'n scary if I'm honest :rolleyes:

SJM
17-05-2016, 08:15 AM
And folk are questioning whether to take there kids!? Joke! I remember before the last game of the season at ER years ago, when Rangers won the league at our place, the 'ICF' trying to get in to the office (not sure it was called the office then)... Quite f'n scary if I'm honest :rolleyes:

The Nip. Mind that too. Bottles galore and away back down the road they went.

mghibs
17-05-2016, 09:02 AM
Does anyone have an idea how wetherspoons pubs will be? Have been going to near Glasgow central for the last couple of Hampden trips, imagine it will be a case of covering colours to get in?

hibs0666
17-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Does anyone have an idea how wetherspoons pubs will be? Have been going to near Glasgow central for the last couple of Hampden trips, imagine it will be a case of covering colours to get in?

They'll be busy irresepective of the game being on.

DirtyDeeds
17-05-2016, 12:08 PM
I stay pretty much opposite Mount Florida station. Group of folk heading to my place pre-match. Have absolutely no concerns about us getting to the game safely, wearing colours. Only those seeking/inviting attention will find it in my opinion. #WearGreen

leggeto
17-05-2016, 12:14 PM
If we win I don't care if I get a kicking :)

Edson Arantes
17-05-2016, 04:20 PM

:confused:

Killiehibbie
17-05-2016, 04:23 PM
Probably get a kicking when I get home on Thursday after a win.

Nakedmanoncrack
17-05-2016, 04:32 PM

A price worth paying.

Swedish hibee
18-05-2016, 09:44 PM
Where does everyone head to once off the train in Glasgow? Is there a bar in town for hibs fans?