PDA

View Full Version : In times like this it's important to remember why we started supporting Hibernian FC

SkintHibby
15-05-2016, 09:04 PM
I know it's difficult times just now being a Hibby but growing up in West Lothian a long time ago I found myself loving football and deciding I had to choose one of the big four clubs in the central belt. Even at an early age, I realised religion has no place in football so I chose the only non sectarian club from Rangers, Hearts and Celtic.

A decision I will never regret. :thumbsup:

What about you lot?

Sammy7nil
15-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Family tradition

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Family tradition

yip :agree:

matty_f
15-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Yep, got my dad, my uncle and auntie, and cousins to blame.

I took it out on my kids, if I have to be a Hibby then so do they. And they can bloody well enjoy it.

SteveHFC
15-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Have my dad to blame. Could have been a Hearts or Rangers fan instead. :duck:

Dashing Bob S
15-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Grew up in a staunch Hearts family but was obviously interfered with by nonce Uncles from an early age, so opted for Hibs.

Hi Heid Yin
15-05-2016, 09:20 PM
My dad lifted me over the turnstiles as a nipper and I was hooked.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 09:28 PM
My dad made me do it the bas*ard! :grr:

hibee1875
15-05-2016, 09:31 PM
My dad for me. His sister married a Jambo and seeing the way my uncle and cousin go about their business with regards to anything football related I'm delighted I'm green.

Callum7
15-05-2016, 09:33 PM
My dad made me do it the bas*ard! :grr:

Apparently my dad warned me about being a Hibs supporter. How was I able to make a decision at such a young age:grr:

FranckSuzy
15-05-2016, 09:45 PM

^ This, for me. GGTTH

Topographic Hibby
15-05-2016, 09:46 PM
My father was a Hibby
My grandfather was a Hibby
I was brought up in Montgomery St
I went to Leith Academy
My grandfather had a shop on Easter Road
My father worked in Leith Walk

Both of them lived and died as Hibbys. Neither of them saw a Scottish Cup win.

This is why I will be there on Saturday. For them and for me........

Bostonhibby
15-05-2016, 09:47 PM
Hibernian family Hibernian supporters as mates, do I regret it?. Not a chance especially when I look at the alternatives.

SunshineOnLeith
15-05-2016, 09:49 PM
I support Hibs because when I was wee I liked green more than maroon.

Really makes you think.

Greencore
15-05-2016, 09:50 PM
My father is a Rangers fan. Well this is awkward...

Eyrie
15-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Don't recall anything about football until I started primary school and found my new friends supported Hibs.

Never regretted it.

SkintHibby
15-05-2016, 10:05 PM

^ This, for me. GGTTH

This.:agree:

GreenLake
15-05-2016, 10:11 PM
My grandfather liked Hibs and I always liked the color green otherwise I would have been a cheat.

Billy McKirdy
15-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Dad was a lifelong Hibby, went to a Hibs supporting school in Restalrig, brought up in a Hibs neighborhood within sight and earshot of the stadium, I never stood a chance of supporting any other team...oh, and when I cut myself I bleed green too.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 10:17 PM
My grandfather liked Hibs and I always liked the color green otherwise I would have been a cheat.

Typical yank spelling :greengrin

douglashibs
15-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Apparently my dad warned me about being a Hibs supporter. How was I able to make a decision at such a young age:grr:

You never did listen, young whippersnapper.

Mind you, even I hadn't banked on so much misery and disappointment since then.

davidw
15-05-2016, 11:22 PM
I know it's difficult times just now being a Hibby but growing up in West Lothian a long time ago I found myself loving football and deciding I had to choose one of the big four clubs in the central belt. Even at an early age, I realised religion has no place in football so I chose the only non sectarian club from Rangers, Hearts and Celtic.

A decision I will never regret. :thumbsup:

What about you lot?

I was very, very bad in a previous life.

GreenLake
16-05-2016, 02:08 AM
Typical yank spelling :greengrin

Yank spellcheck.....:wink:

Septimus
16-05-2016, 04:36 AM
Began life in Brunton Terrace with a father with Rankgers tendencies and Jamboes all around. Hibs were then and are now as far as I am concerned the greatest and the best. Smith, Johnstone, Reilly, Turnbull and Ormond. It was a no brainier! I used to go down to the ground on my tricycle and ask to be lifted over. I suppose when eventually I was the men who did it could be called child molesters but I have never ever regretted being a Hibby.

GGTTH. And this Saturday we will do it.

AZhibee
16-05-2016, 04:56 AM
When I was young I saw Hibs at ER, while I was visiting Scotland. A family member pointed out how me and my dad looked so much like the rest of the crowd, being of Scottish ancestry. For that I chose to support Hibs. On the same trip saw old rangers at Tottenham, their fans were ridiculous and I have hated them since.

Looking forward to a win on Saturday, and will be watching again on Hibs TV next season.

flash
16-05-2016, 05:00 AM
My father was a Hibby
I went to Leith Academy

The punters bleating away about how a win on Saturday would somehow be devalued because we didn't go up should read this and remember all the generations who never saw the Hibs captain lift the Cup.

Johnforr
16-05-2016, 06:04 AM
Was brought up watching Clyde at Shawfield and my dad used to lift me over the turnstiles on a Saturday. We moved the the wilds of Aberdeenshire and my best mate at school was a Hibee ............ I was hooked and 42 years later still am ...... GGTTH

SeanWilson
16-05-2016, 06:58 AM
My dad's dad was a Yam. He was an absolutely wolloper of a man, by all accounts. My dads uncle was a staunch Hibee with season tickets for him and his kids and then took my dad under his wing. My dad chose hibs.

I followed suit and now my kids follow me.

GGTTH

bookert
16-05-2016, 07:29 AM
My dad was a rangers supporter, luckily my best mate (god bless him) was a hibee and as soon as I was old enough went to the games with him, mind you that was 50 years ago.

SJM
16-05-2016, 07:31 AM
Coin toss when I started to go and watch football. Thank **** it landed on Hibernian and a season ticket in the north lower was bought the season we came back up. Only realised how much I had fallen in love with hibs the sauzees teeth match.

rotherhamrob
16-05-2016, 07:38 AM
My mother was a yam, father a the rangers.
At this point I have to admit to being a the rangers supporter until the age of about 8, thankfully my uncle was a staunch hibby and he started to take me hibs games, we used to leave from the silver wing every week (is it still there?).
I can tell you one thing, no matter how many times we all feel let down, there's absolutely nothing that will ever stop me being proud to be a hibby.
Just think, come Saturday we could all witness something that thousands of hibbies never got the chance to see.
Come on hibs, let's do them and take something from this wreck of a season.
My uncle was Jimmy hunter and his photo will be in front of the telly with me.

Not In The Know
16-05-2016, 06:07 PM
My father was a Hibby
I went to Leith Academy

Yep. Brilliant

its in the blood for me too.