PDA

View Full Version : Cummings

livi hibs 1875
15-05-2016, 11:06 AM
keep hearing stories with Jason going the the rankers. is this the reason he has been as poor as he has been for the last part of the season. or is it him and stokes are just not a good partnership

stevie-bee
15-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Can't see him getting a game there ,

High-On-Hibs
15-05-2016, 11:12 AM
They can have him for the SC final and play him up top as a solo striker if they want?

Glory Lurker
15-05-2016, 11:15 AM
Risky thread. We're playing right in to their hands if we fall for this, this week of all weeks.

The Green Goblin
15-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Risky thread. We're playing right in to their hands if we fall for this, this week of all weeks.

:agree:

As long as Cummings wears our shirt, he should have our full support too.

Logie
15-05-2016, 11:26 AM
He may well leave and how can we blame a player looking to play at a higher level? He has given his all for Hibs and we should support him while he pulls on our strip, I would be demanding a good sum of money so we can reinvest and build a strong team for next year. This is not the time for rumours and is simply the glasgow press trying to stir the pot to suit The Rangers.

Borderhibbie76
15-05-2016, 11:26 AM
Be his last game for us on Sat thats for sure...he has made it clear he wont stay if we didnt go up - personally he scores goals but i think does not have a big enough impact in matches. However he will leave a big hole to replace in 25 goals

chrisski33
15-05-2016, 11:29 AM
Be his last game for us on Sat thats for sure...he has made it clear he wont stay if we didnt go up - personally he scores goals but i think does not have a big enough impact in matches. However he will leave a big hole to replace in 25 goals

he can go and he is replaceable. think keatings can step up and do the business. may as well sell him and get money rather than him leave for nowt

livi hibs 1875
15-05-2016, 11:30 AM
not usually to worried about anything in the weegie press. infact i dont read it. usually hear it from someone on .net but no one can say there is not something wrong. the boy has huge confidence maybe to much but he has not played well for weeks. just asking for people's opinions

BroxburnHibee
15-05-2016, 11:34 AM
keep hearing stories with Jason going the the rankers. is this the reason he has been as poor as he has been for the last part of the season. or is it him and stokes are just not a good partnership

I wonder why this rumour might be doing the rounds this week??????

silverhibee
15-05-2016, 11:40 AM
:agree:

As long as Cummings wears our shirt, he should have our full support too.

Exactly, our top scorer for the season, now is not the time to put the boot in.

polarbear
15-05-2016, 11:41 AM
I like him too but I think he's going to leave whatever happens next weekend.
Don't see him signing for Rangers for some reason.
If we can get a 3 or 4 hundred grand for him, I'd be tempted to take and give us something to work with in order to rebuild.
He's a good lad but clearly not the brightest and some of his misses this season have left me shaking my head in amazement. I'd be sad to see him go but I'll understand when he does.
Might be best for us and him.

The Green Goblin
15-05-2016, 11:41 AM
I wonder why this rumour might be doing the rounds this week??????

:agree: It's so predictable now it's dull dull dull.

hibee1875
15-05-2016, 11:42 AM
This rumour has been on the go for the best part of 2 months

RIP
15-05-2016, 11:50 AM

When you are up against Rankers

GreenLake
15-05-2016, 12:16 PM
In spite of all evidence to the contrary he has been the sharpest tool in the box for us the last few seasons.

Bostonhibby
15-05-2016, 12:27 PM
Anyone remember the Scott Allan rumours and their timing and effect?

I reckon we should make a bid for waghorn. We wouldn't have to get a loan to do it

Aldo
15-05-2016, 12:40 PM

He needs to add loads to his game IMHO and yes he scores and it will be a big void however id rather the goals were spread about than relying on one player.

Next man in needs to find a couple of midfielders to chip in with at least double figure goals.

Aldo
15-05-2016, 12:43 PM
I like him too but I think he's going to leave whatever happens next weekend. Don't see him signing for Rangers for some reason. If we can get a 3 or 4 hundred grand for him, I'd be tempted to take and give us something to work with in order to rebuild. He's a good lad but clearly not the brightest and some of his misses this season have left me shaking my head in amazement. I'd be sad to see him go but I'll understand when he does. Might be best for us and him.

He won't sign for Der Hun because the can't afford him it's as simple as that.

As for 3 or 4 hundred grand..... Double that for a starting bid. He'll go for around a million I think!!

All strikers miss chances but he has missed a few.

We will find a replacement I've no doubt about it. In that Keatings has shown what he can do so hopefully he can put a few away next season!

JC94
15-05-2016, 12:45 PM

As for 3 or 4 hundred grand..... Double that for a starting bid. He'll go for around a million I think!!

We will find a replacement I've no doubt about it. In that Keatings has shown what he can do so hopefully he can put a few away next season!

I dont think thats true, they spent half a million for O'Halloran in January and are paying an 18 year old 10k a week

Alfred E Newman
15-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Cummings will have to go thanks to our predicament but I doubt Rangers will be able to meet the asking price.

Bob1875
15-05-2016, 12:52 PM

They're in talks with Joey Barton who will be on a fortune!

£1M for a championship player with a year left on his contract? Be lucky to get £200k for him. Likely scenario he runs down his contract.

Brightside
15-05-2016, 12:52 PM

He's not going to rangers but he won't be here next season.

Billy Whizz
15-05-2016, 12:53 PM

£1M for a championship player with a year left on his contract? Be lucky to get £200k for him. Likely scenario he runs down his contract.

Then we'd get a development fee for him, which could be around £200k
Be as well keeping him then

One Day Soon
15-05-2016, 12:54 PM
He's not going to rangers but he won't be here next season.

Sadly that's probably true of a number of supporters too...

Aldo
15-05-2016, 12:54 PM
I dont think thats true, they spent half a million for O'Halloran in January and are paying an 18 year old 10k a week

JC but was that money up front or over 5 years?? And it was a guess by the media as the fee was undisclosed. It will be the minimum up front with clauses built in etc.

Supposed half a million is a long way off a million plus.

They won't spend anything like that on any one player this summer!!

polarbear
15-05-2016, 12:57 PM

Of course they'll be able to afford 300k or 400k. They'll have crowds close to what they used to get so they'll have some funds available to buy players.
As for selling him for a million - I think you're slightly delusional there. He'll be a million pound player some day but not yet, not in the Championship and not in the final year of his contract.
I like Keatings and he does score goals at Championship level so he may well be the man to step up.

Aldo
15-05-2016, 01:11 PM
Of course they'll be able to afford 300k or 400k. They'll have crowds close to what they used to get so they'll have some funds available to buy players. As for selling him for a million - I think you're slightly delusional there. He'll be a million pound player some day but not yet, not in the Championship and not in the final year of his contract. I like Keatings and he does score goals at Championship level so he may well be the man to step up.

So you think we will only get 3 to 4 hundred thousand for Jason.

IIRC Der Hun got a million pound for Lewis McLeod after a handful of appearances and that's in the lower leagues of Scottish Football.

They have set the benchmark and with Cummings scoring 20 plus in the last 2 seasons this is the minimum I would suggest or there abouts. So if Der Hun want him there's the starting price and frankly they can only afford to pay big wages without paying a big fee. They won't be able to afford both.

And if you've not been watching they have had the crowds this season and last so they've had money but are paying players big wages so that's where it goes!!

Deansy
15-05-2016, 01:13 PM
I've heard he's off to Norwich, dunno if it's true but I'm in two minds if we'd miss him - yes, he can score goals but THAT penalty-miss v Dundee Utd showed (for me) he's more about himself than his team or team-mates !

polarbear
15-05-2016, 01:20 PM
So you think we will only get 3 to 4 hundred thousand for Jason.

IIRC Der Hun got a million pound for Lewis McLeod after a handful of appearances and that's in the lower leagues of Scottish Football.

They have set the benchmark and with Cummings scoring 20 plus in the last 2 seasons this is the minimum I would suggest or there abouts. So if Der Hun want him there's the starting price and frankly they can only afford to pay big wages without paying a big fee. They won't be able to afford both.

And if you've not been watching they have had the crowds this season and last so they've had money but are paying players big wages so that's where it goes!!

Yes, we'll be very lucky to get 400k for him.
You don't seem to be grasping the contract situation. Cummings is in the last year of his contract so he's not worth as much. If we had him contracted for 4 years then maybe the sort of figure you're suggesting would be appropriate. McLeod was not out of contract. He also played for the Huns so he was more hyped by the media.
You also don't seem to have read the part of my post where I said NEXT SEASON. There will be plenty of Huns that will come out of the woodwork now that they're back in the top league. I'd imagine they'll have at least 45k at all home league games. Paying 400k would not be much of a problem for them. Like the other guy said, they paid 500k for O'Halloran so it's not much of a stretch to think they'd pay similar for someone else. Especially for a bargain like Cummings for 400k.

Aldo
15-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Yes, we'll be very lucky to get 400k for him. You don't seem to be grasping the contract situation. Cummings is in the last year of his contract so he's not worth as much. If we had him contracted for 4 years then maybe the sort of figure you're suggesting would be appropriate. McLeod was not out of contract. He also played for the Huns so he was more hyped by the media. You also don't seem to have read the part of my post where I said NEXT SEASON. There will be plenty of Huns that will come out of the woodwork now that they're back in the top league. I'd imagine they'll have at least 45k at all home league games. Paying 400k would not be much of a problem for them. Like the other guy said, they paid 500k for O'Halloran so it's not much of a stretch to think they'd pay similar for someone else. Especially for a bargain like Cummings for 400k.

I think he'll end up down south and we will get close to a million pounds for him.

I did read the part but they are already getting that this season. They do however continue to haemorrhage money but keep throwing money at wages.

As for O'Halloran I would be surprised if the money was up front and the fee was undisclosed so folk are guessing what the fee was!

polarbear
15-05-2016, 01:32 PM
I think he'll end up down south and we will get close to a million pounds for him.

I did read the part but they are already getting that this season. They do however continue to haemorrhage money but keep throwing money at wages.

As for O'Halloran I would be surprised if the money was up front and the fee was undisclosed so folk are guessing what the fee was!

You don't really know how the deal for O'Halloran was financed though, do you?
Saints are not stupid. It's Rangers - they're hardly going to let the guy go for an IOU and a few grand up front. Who knows what goes on with them and money? I guarantee they'll start throwing serious cash about again shortly. They always do.
Anyway, no-one is going to pay £1m for a Scottish Championship player in the last year of his contract. I also doubt that Cummings has the maturity or the intelligence to make a stab at the English league at this stage of his career. Probably in a few years. Scoring goals for an Old Firm club, a few national caps and earning 5 times what we pay him now seems to be the dream for a lot of Scottish players. I think next weekend will be his last game for us and I think we'll get a lot less for him than we know he's worth.

Aldo
15-05-2016, 01:48 PM
You don't really know how the deal for O'Halloran was financed though, do you? Saints are not stupid. It's Rangers - they're hardly going to let the guy go for an IOU and a few grand up front. Who knows what goes on with them and money? I guarantee they'll start throwing serious cash about again shortly. They always do. Anyway, no-one is going to pay £1m for a Scottish Championship player in the last year of his contract. I also doubt that Cummings has the maturity or the intelligence to make a stab at the English league at this stage of his career. Probably in a few years. Scoring goals for an Old Firm club, a few national caps and earning 5 times what we pay him now seems to be the dream for a lot of Scottish players. I think next weekend will be his last game for us and I think we'll get a lot less for him than we know he's worth.

They haven't thrown money about on transfer fees for 4 years and if they were that well off they would of spent a few bob getting out of the championship quicker than they did.

Read my post that's what I'm saying it was undisclosed. Going on previous Hun transfer policy in last few years.... Allan saga for instance they want players on the cheap and that for me shows haven't got a pot to piss in when it comes to big transfers . They are happy to pay wages but not the massive transfer fees. Delusions of grandeur if you think Der Hun are going to splash millions on players and pay big wages. They have alleged paid Stanley a pittance for 2 league 2 players.

Why would you want to play for that mob/club which is full of vile bigotry!!

As for maturity he's gone not bad scoring the goals he has!!

And nice user name btw Mr Bear!!

Diclonius
15-05-2016, 01:57 PM
Cummings will not join Rangers. He'll be away down south.

You'd almost think we had a big game against the Old Firm coming up.

polarbear
15-05-2016, 02:03 PM
They haven't thrown money about on transfer fees for 4 years and if they were that well off they would of spent a few bob getting out of the championship quicker than they did.

Read my post that's what I'm saying it was undisclosed. Going on previous Hun transfer policy in last few years.... Allan saga for instance they want players on the cheap and that for me shows haven't got a pot to piss in when it comes to big transfers . They are happy to pay wages but not the massive transfer fees. Delusions of grandeur if you think Der Hun are going to splash millions on players and pay big wages. They have alleged paid Stanley a pittance for 2 league 2 players.

Why would you want to play for that mob/club which is full of vile bigotry!!

As for maturity he's gone not bad scoring the goals he has!!

And nice user name btw Mr Bear!!

I'm not a Hun, I just like polar bears.
Hibs supporter here.
I think we know the reason that players flock to the Old Firm from other Scottish clubs. They pay more and they'll be internationals before they know it. I'm sure most of them don't give a toss about the ****baggery and bigotry if they quadruple their wage overnight.
If you mean splash millions as in spend maybe 2 or 3 million on transfer wages and sign a few decent free transfer signings, that would not be unrealistic to expect.
If you mean splash millions as in they way they used to and buying £4m players from European teams, I don't see that happening for them for a while yet.
Re Cummings - I'm not talking about his on pitch performance. I'm talking about his maturity and intelligence and he's not shown much of either. Some of his comments have been daft to say the least. I don't think he's ready for England yet. He'll just be another Goodwillie / Fyvie / Scott Allen and back up here on loan in no time. He should stay with Hibs and repay the club that made his name with the goals that get us back into the top league.
Doesn't sound like he wants another season in the Championship though.

jacomo
15-05-2016, 02:17 PM
No surprise if JC leaves this summer - had we gone up I hope he would have signed a new contract, but that won't happen now.

I'm in no mood to run down one of our own. Given his age (yes, he has only played 2 full seasons of pro football) he has done a fine job for us.

If we do rely on more young players next season, I really hope we show more patience. JC is not the finished article yet people delight in highlighting his failings.

WhileTheChief..
15-05-2016, 02:49 PM
£200-£300k seems reasonable. We'll use that money to sign Henderson :)

skipster7
15-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Be careful what we wish for. Cummings has loads of faults but scores lots of goals as well.
Would rather keep someone like that than end up with a James Collins type.

Pete
15-05-2016, 03:01 PM
I'm totally shocked by these rumours what with the timing and all.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-05-2016, 03:06 PM

Another one reeled in - next!

Aldo
15-05-2016, 03:09 PM
I'm totally shocked by these rumours what with the timing and all.

You surprised with the came coming up!

Always the same.

Sammy7nil
15-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Anyone remember the Scott Allan rumours and their timing and effect?

I reckon we should make a bid for waghorn. We wouldn't have to get a loan to do it

The difference is Waghorn would immeadiately dismiss the move out ohand and ridicule us in the media.

Pete
15-05-2016, 03:41 PM
The difference is Waghorn would immeadiately dismiss the move out ohand and ridicule us in the media.

Even if Jase did that it would be spun to make it look negative for hibs and positive for rangers :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
15-05-2016, 03:55 PM

I was on about relative merit of the respective bids and the motives / timing......................

Never mind.

southern hibby
15-05-2016, 04:26 PM
I heard Celtic wanted Him and prepared to pay around £300,000 with sell ons and Loan us Stokes again and Option to buy Henderson and Option is to waver our sell on Clause.

Disclaimer not got a clue if this is cods wallop or fact only passing on what I heard.

GGTTH

southern hibby
15-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Forgot to add that Celtic ( again from what I was told) see Jason and Leigh as a potential dynamic partnership.

GGTTH

die Abfüller
15-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Why would JC go to Celtic ? They don't have a manager , the have far too many players. SA was used as a pawn by Stubbs ... No pro footy player wants to sit in the stand. It looks like the Huns are going sell 45k season tickets , ipox has been just about sold out for every home game . They are rolling in cash .. Remember they don't have any bank debt .

JC35
15-05-2016, 04:49 PM
This has been a done deal, in principal, for a couple of weeks now. Sources close to Letham and those who broke the Barton story a week and a half ago. 300/400k.

bigwheel
15-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Why would JC go to Celtic ? They don't have a manager , the have far too many players. SA was used as a pawn by Stubbs ... No pro footy player wants to sit in the stand. It looks like the Huns are going sell 45k season tickets , ipox has been just about sold out for every home game . They are rolling in cash .. Remember they don't have any bank debt .

....come on, they don't have any bank debt , because no bank will give them a facility - they have a set of loans, that kept them afloat this season , from their shareholders that need repaid ...and they have a wage bill that will easily take care of their season tickets - they will have money to spend for sure - but to say they are rolling in it is quite the opposite of their financial position ..

Pete
15-05-2016, 04:53 PM
I heard Celtic wanted Him and prepared to pay around £300,000 with sell ons and Loan us Stokes again and Option to buy Henderson and Option is to waver our sell on Clause.

Disclaimer not got a clue if this is cods wallop or fact only passing on what I heard.

GGTTH

At the risk of taking the bait and being sucked in by the Weegia...

...I really hope that's true.

Marinellos magi
15-05-2016, 05:00 PM

Exact same scenario as Scott Allan.

Onion
15-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Forgot to add that Celtic ( again from what I was told) see Jason and Leigh as a potential dynamic partnership.

GGTTH

Cummings to Celtic is as daft as Stubbs to Everton.

SunshineOnLeith
15-05-2016, 05:04 PM
About 4 new registrations just to post 'inside info' on this thread, remind me who we're playing next weekend? :rolleyes:

The Green Goblin
15-05-2016, 05:09 PM
About 4 new registrations just to post 'inside info' on this thread, remind me who we're playing next weekend? :rolleyes:

:agree: Exactly.

die Abfüller
15-05-2016, 05:13 PM
....come on, they don't have any bank debt , because no bank will give them a facility - they have a set of loans, that kept them afloat this season , from their shareholders that need repaid ...and they have a wage bill that will easily take care of their season tickets - they will have money to spend for sure - but to say they are rolling in it is quite the opposite of their financial position ..

You really need to take the green glasses off , yes the Huns have had loans from directors but the money isn't being paid back until a share issue covers it . Once they show that they are on a stable footing banks are going to be all over them offering loans , it's how banks make money . They have sold out home games in the lower leagues week in week out , how much have they spent in the last 4 yrs ? MOH has been the biggest purchase . Everyone else has been cheap , free or loans . I've heard from a reliable source in the last 10 mins that Barton will sign tomorrow , JC will be ipox before the cup final and , you won't believe this Danny ings from Liverpool on loan .

keep the faith
15-05-2016, 05:18 PM
Sadly that's probably true of a number of supporters too...

Not the real ones

Aldo
15-05-2016, 05:20 PM
I heard Celtic wanted Him and prepared to pay around £300,000 with sell ons and Loan us Stokes again and Option to buy Henderson and Option is to waver our sell on Clause. Disclaimer not got a clue if this is cods wallop or fact only passing on what I heard. GGTTH

WOW!!

Why would he go and play for that vile bigoted club. Horrible club horrible fans and 45k season tickets so what. Rolling in in. Really once you've paid 10k to him a week and 15k to him a week the money soon disappears.

O and who cares

This has been a done deal, in principal, for a couple of weeks now. Sources close to Letham and those who broke the Barton story a week and a half ago. 300/400k.

If this is the case then they've tapped him up! I believed he will go south!

northstandhibby
15-05-2016, 05:21 PM
You really need to take the green glasses off , yes the Huns have had loans from directors but the money isn't being paid back until a share issue covers it . Once they show that they are on a stable footing banks are going to be all over them offering loans , it's how banks make money . They have sold out home games in the lower leagues week in week out , how much have they spent in the last 4 yrs ? MOH has been the biggest purchase . Everyone else has been cheap , free or loans . I've heard from a reliable source in the last 10 mins that Barton will sign tomorrow , JC will be ipox before the cup final and , you won't believe this Danny ings from Liverpool on loan .

You are at it!

Abfuller is german for bottler. Just looked it up Get lost ya welt!

GGTTH

Aldo
15-05-2016, 05:23 PM
You really need to take the green glasses off , yes the Huns have had loans from directors but the money isn't being paid back until a share issue covers it . Once they show that they are on a stable footing banks are going to be all over them offering loans , it's how banks make money . They have sold out home games in the lower leagues week in week out , how much have they spent in the last 4 yrs ? MOH has been the biggest purchase . Everyone else has been cheap , free or loans . I've heard from a reliable source in the last 10 mins that Barton will sign tomorrow , JC will be ipox before the cup final and , you won't believe this Danny ings from Liverpool on loan . Why all of a sudden do we give a flying F what they are doing in the west! I don't particularly care if I'm honest! Your are trolling with the JC will sign before the cup final. Is the transfer window even open. Source?? Nope just total and utter Bollox.

O and you need take take your blue tinted (or maybe orange) ones off!!

die Abfüller
15-05-2016, 05:26 PM
You are at it!

Abfuller is german for bottler. Just looked it up Get lost ya welt!

GGTTH

No no it's not , it's , the bottler .. But what I've said is true .. Your team is screwed , you will never get out of this league , this season was your big chance and you bottled it again or should I say hibs it . Hibs are like Celtic , win games that don't matter and everyone is back to thinking there a good team . What self respecting pro wants to play a third season in a league that doesn't have a big game pool ? I bet most hibs players have a get out clause . You guys will have as many first team players as ****dee Utd.

northstandhibby
15-05-2016, 05:27 PM
No no it's not , it's , the bottler .. But what I've said is true .. Your team is screwed , you will never get out of this league , this season was your big chance and you bottled it again or should I say hibs it . Hibs are like Celtic , win games that don't matter and everyone is back to thinking there a good team . What self respecting pro wants to play a third season in a league that doesn't have a big game pool ? I bet most hibs players have a get out clause . You guys will have as many first team players as ****dee Utd.

Pure fanny talk!

GGTTH

keep the faith

Haha!! Nice one. Let's hope jason bangs a few in against your team on Saturday. Mon the hibs!!!

SlatefordHibby

You let your club die.

calumb
15-05-2016, 05:29 PM
I don't get this "he will leave Hibs because they are in the championship" thing as we have played Aberdeen, Dundee United x2, Hearts x2, Inverness x2, St Johnstone and Ross County this season and for the most none of these teams have even bothered to come out and play Hibs, Scottish football is dismal regardless of which league your in.

Marinellos magi
15-05-2016, 05:34 PM

Before the cup final you say. Away and lie down.

northstandhibby
15-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Hope everyone on Hibs net forgives my language earlier. I don't normally swear but that troll got my back up. :aok:

GGTTH

livi hibs 1875
15-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Another one reeled in - next!

How have I been reeled in , no one in there right mind can say Jason is the same player he was at the start of the season , all I have asked is there people whispering his ear about big money contracts or is it just him and stokes don't work , I don't read the red top rags but there have been big rumours for months :cb

Pete
15-05-2016, 05:40 PM
I don't like this thread.

:-(

Aldo
15-05-2016, 05:40 PM

Ha ha ha! Says the guy whose team is 4 years old. Welt away back under your stone. Anyway how many years did your new team play in lower leagues. Farf!!

You've done pretty well for a new team but the same old vile vermin bigoted steak remains!

Bye now

hibs69
15-05-2016, 05:43 PM
Great knowing people like "the bottler" will probably be at Hampden next week. Wish I'd got my son into lawn bowls.

SunshineOnLeith
there have been big rumours for months

It's almost as if they let just anyone have a Twitter account.

Since90+2

GGTTH

Considering Celtic don't have a manager I'd be interested who there sees them as a "potential dynamic partnership"?

Is Peter Lawell now signing players and putting them up front with Griffiths?

SunshineOnLeith
15-05-2016, 05:47 PM
I read on Twitter Celtic wanted Him and prepared to pay around £300,000 with sell ons and Loan us Stokes again and Option to buy Henderson and Option is to waver our sell on Clause.

Disclaimer not got a clue if this is cods wallop or fact only passing on what I read on Twitter.

GGTTH

Forgot to add that Celtic ( again from what someone posted on my Facebook) see Jason and Leigh as a potential dynamic partnership.

GGTTH

Just translating your posts into, you know, truth.

Allant1981
15-05-2016, 05:49 PM

Away you go back to ibrox

Libby Hibby
15-05-2016, 05:52 PM

Everyone remembers where they were when a tragedy happened...JFK getting shot, twin towers etc...So, where were you when Rangers were liquidated?

Pete
15-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Everyone remembers where they were when a tragedy happened...JFK getting shot, twin towers etc...So, where were you when Rangers were liquidated?

Probably in his house where he lives with his mum in Kirkcaldy, Inverness, Dundee or somewhere else that isn't Glasgow.

judas
15-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Cummings has scored 26 goals this season. I think that's pretty good.

Hibs may not keep him, but only a bam would wish him away.

Aldo
15-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Probably in his house where he lives with his mum in Kirkcaldy, Inverness, Dundee or somewhere else that isn't Glasgow.

He's not responded in a while. Maybe he is waiting for her to get back to read what has been posted and then has to get her to post a reply for him!

The Green Goblin
15-05-2016, 06:06 PM
He's not responded in a while. Maybe he is waiting for her to get back to read what has been posted and then has to get her to post a reply for him!

He's been launched...

Jim44
15-05-2016, 06:09 PM

:agree: Nothing new. They've been talking about this for months on FF. They hate his guts but they reckon he's their's. I'm surprised that folk think this is a new rumour to upset us.

Aldo
15-05-2016, 06:10 PM
He's been launched...

:-)

Viva_Palmeiras
15-05-2016, 06:15 PM
It's almost as if they let just anyone have a Twitter account.

Abraham Lincoln was just tweeting about that the other day....

CraigHibee
15-05-2016, 06:19 PM

Clearly a roaster, jog on ✊💦

Stokesy's on fire
15-05-2016, 06:24 PM

Bitter sevco fan why boot this guy he's far too much fun? Should have let him stay so we can sit and rip him to bits about his new team.

ballengeich
15-05-2016, 06:40 PM

What was tragic about that?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
15-05-2016, 06:41 PM

Whats a big game pool?

That where you play big water polo matches?

Diclonius
15-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Can we close this thread? Absolutely nothing on here has any substance and it's only a matter of time before a Hun rag uses it as their "source" for a Rangers exclusive.

Stokesy's on fire
15-05-2016, 07:07 PM
Can we close this thread? Absolutely nothing on here has any substance and it's only a matter of time before a Hun rag uses it as their "source" for a Rangers exclusive.

Good point take it down admins

southern hibby
15-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Just translating your posts into, you know, truth.

SOL,

Mate don't have Twitter and never read it on Facebook. All I'm doing is passing on what I heard. I did add not sure if it was cods wallop or not.

I don't give to hoots if it's true or not I do believe Hibs will get the best deal they can for him.
GGTTH

Stokesy's on fire
15-05-2016, 10:27 PM
What was tragic about that?

I must admit the Jelly and Ice cream was good

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 10:32 PM

How the hell did this cherry slip through the net......

KeithTheHibby
15-05-2016, 10:34 PM

Away and **** yourself ya Hun ****.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 10:37 PM
I like him too but I think he's going to leave whatever happens next weekend.
Don't see him signing for Rangers for some reason.
If we can get a 3 or 4 hundred grand for him, I'd be tempted to take and give us something to work with in order to rebuild.
He's a good lad but clearly not the brightest and some of his misses this season have left me shaking my head in amazement. I'd be sad to see him go but I'll understand when he does.
Might be best for us and him.

Polarbear. :lolrangers:

Hibs v The Rangers cup final this Saturday no? Perfect timing.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 10:39 PM
I'm not a Hun, I just like polar bears.
Hibs supporter here.
I think we know the reason that players flock to the Old Firm from other Scottish clubs. They pay more and they'll be internationals before they know it. I'm sure most of them don't give a toss about the ****baggery and bigotry if they quadruple their wage overnight.
If you mean splash millions as in spend maybe 2 or 3 million on transfer wages and sign a few decent free transfer signings, that would not be unrealistic to expect.
If you mean splash millions as in they way they used to and buying £4m players from European teams, I don't see that happening for them for a while yet.
Re Cummings - I'm not talking about his on pitch performance. I'm talking about his maturity and intelligence and he's not shown much of either. Some of his comments have been daft to say the least. I don't think he's ready for England yet. He'll just be another Goodwillie / Fyvie / Scott Allen and back up here on loan in no time. He should stay with Hibs and repay the club that made his name with the goals that get us back into the top league.
Doesn't sound like he wants another season in the Championship though.

He never said you were....... Thank you for playing though. NEXT!!!!

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 10:40 PM

GGTTH

Stokes is out of contract is he not so he will have to sign a new deal for Celtic to be loaned back to us.

shreevesy
15-05-2016, 10:43 PM
Danny Ings aye? From Liverpool on loan aye? I've read some utter ***** on here at times and I'm not saying your post is the worst I've read but it's definitely in the top 1.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 10:50 PM

You're absolutely right. We don't believe a word of it. Now toddle off back to your flea pit called the bears den ya fud.

stantonhibby
15-05-2016, 10:54 PM
You're absolutely right. We don't believe a word of it. Now toddle off back to your flea pit called the bears den ya fud.

I think he has already been launched

Captain Trips
15-05-2016, 10:54 PM

Quite clear that because "The Rangers" won the league and are in SPL for first time you have clearly got all excited about it all. Once you wipe yourself down and pop yourself back and come up with something interesting then we might have some fun here. Who Sevco sign or not is of no interest to me, so wipe your chin and try and come up with stuff better than your current stuff that the tumbleweed refused to roll to.

chewbaccy
15-05-2016, 11:01 PM
:flag:

Diclonius
15-05-2016, 11:02 PM
If you ignore the troll, it doesn't exist.

polarbear
15-05-2016, 11:32 PM

GGTTH

Straight swap with Henderson wouldn't be the worst deal in the world.

Sunshine Scott
15-05-2016, 11:59 PM
This is happening

Pete
16-05-2016, 12:07 AM
This is happening

What's happening?

polarbear
16-05-2016, 12:13 AM
He never said you were....... Thank you for playing though. NEXT!!!!

That's obviously what he meant.
Please don't call me a Hun. Honestly wish I'd chosen another name now. :confused:

matty_f
16-05-2016, 01:22 AM
If anyone suspects another poster of being a yam or Hun or whatever, then use the report post function and let the admin team look into it.

OsloHibs
16-05-2016, 01:38 AM
Wowza- what a night on here I've missed!

flash
16-05-2016, 06:17 AM
Admins please delete this car crash.

JC35
16-05-2016, 08:44 AM
So it's moved from Rangers websites and social media to the Sun today

shocker

Libby Hibby
16-05-2016, 08:46 AM

shocker

Along with a negative Cummings story, designed to turn Hibs fans against him for Saturday.

J-C
16-05-2016, 08:59 AM

shocker

Morning Jase :greengrin

SJM
16-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Along with a negative Cummings story, designed to turn Hibs fans against him for Saturday.

He will be on the bench regardless.

I think he will end up there next year. A year left on his contract after all.

Diclonius
16-05-2016, 09:07 AM

shocker

Wow, called that ****.

JC35
16-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Morning Jase :greengrin

haha, morning :)

high bee
16-05-2016, 09:57 AM

Funniest thing about this troll is he most likely genuinely believes that JC will sign for them before the cup final. 😂 Will be gutting to see Scott Brown, Scott Allan and Jason Cunnings line up against us on Saturday...

Albanian Hibs
16-05-2016, 10:28 AM
😂😂😂 this thread has fairly cheered me up on this *****y monday morning

mmmmhibby
16-05-2016, 10:29 AM
He will be on the bench regardless.

I think he will end up there next year. A year left on his contract after all.

Our top scorer on the bench??? And his goalscoring record against them! I should hope not.

SJM
16-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Our top scorer on the bench??? And his goalscoring record against them! I should hope not.

Stubbs won't drop Stokes and Keattings must start.

Hermit Crab
16-05-2016, 10:44 AM
Stubbs won't drop Stokes and Keattings must start.

Disagree. I'm a big critic of cummings but thats for another thread. His goal record against them speaks for itself though and I can't see Keatings starting ahead of JC, who has to start imo.

SJM
16-05-2016, 10:46 AM
Disagree. I'm a big critic of cummings but thats for another thread. His goal record against them speaks for itself though and I can't see Keatings starting ahead of JC, who has to start imo.

He scored twice on Friday, dropping him would ruin his confidence completely and only one of them look likely to be here next year. Saying that Stubbs isn't looking likely to be here next year so it would be his final call.

Hermit Crab
16-05-2016, 10:47 AM
He scored twice on Friday, dropping him would ruin his confidence completely and only one of them look likely to be here next year. Saying that Stubbs isn't looking likely to be here next year so it would be his final call.

I know but JC has a knack of scoring against them. Would you take the risk?

SJM
16-05-2016, 10:49 AM
I know but JC has a knack of scoring against them. Would you take the risk?

I really don't know. I think back to the semi an him doing nothing and I really don't know. My heads still scrambled after Friday mate.

GreenLake
16-05-2016, 10:49 AM
If anyone suspects another poster of being a yam or Hun or whatever, then use the report post function and let the admin team look into it.

Do you get them to send in a picture of their hands? :greengrin

Hermit Crab
16-05-2016, 10:57 AM
I really don't know. I think back to the semi an him doing nothing and I really don't know. My heads still scrambled after Friday mate.

I'd play him, give him 65-70 minutes and change it if we are still in the game.

GreenLake
16-05-2016, 11:00 AM
If The Ranger's team is so impressive and their players are so good, how come there is not interest in them from higher levels? No offers for Tavernier, Waghorn, McKay or Wallace?

The Green Goblin
Do you get them to send in a picture of their hands? :greengrin

:greengrin

SJM
I'd play him, give him 65-70 minutes and change it if we are still in the game.

Stubbs never changes it though. Keattings deserves to start after Friday and the fact Stubbs benched Cummings for an arguably more important match speaks volumes. I really don't know though. I wish we had the malonga option though.

SJM
16-05-2016, 11:02 AM
If The Ranger's team is so impressive and their players are so good, how come there is not interest in them from higher levels? No offers for Tavernier, Waghorn, McKay or Wallace?

Because it's only May? There could be offers in form them too.

Rangers are impressive, they pissed our league and beat the Scottish champs getting to the final. Still beatable though.

Hermit Crab
16-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Stubbs never changes it though. Keattings deserves to start after Friday and the fact Stubbs benched Cummings for an arguably more important match speaks volumes. I really don't know though. I wish we had the malonga option though.

Cummings was probably benched to rest him in case we went on to play Killmarnock.

SJM
16-05-2016, 11:03 AM
Cummings was probably benched to rest him in case we went on to play Killmarnock.

He was rested prior to last night though. I hope the manager didn't gamble on that either as it's suicidal as proven Friday night.

hibs69
16-05-2016, 11:06 AM

Arguably more important match, SJM?

No arguments here. Was an infinitely more important match.

jonty
16-05-2016, 11:08 AM
Sunderland have reportedly axed Fletcher. If only we had him in the squad - he'd teach Cummings a thing or two.......

Allant1981
16-05-2016, 12:00 PM

Our top scorer has been rank for weeks, and was dropped recently so whats to say wont be dropped again on saturday, stokes and keatings are a good pairing up front

Captain Trips
16-05-2016, 12:04 PM
Keatings, Stokes and Cummings all 3 pretty eratic either of them could score 2 or 3 or miss the same. I think though from Friday it would be harsh for Keatings to be dropped.

Baldy Foghorn
16-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Sun has posted a story/pictures of him playing at Saughton, with only socks on his feet, kicking a ball about with friends.

No idea if photo is from weekend (as they are reporting), or from a while back. Needless to say, media love to shaft us pre big matches

Allant1981
16-05-2016, 12:11 PM
Sun has posted a story/pictures of him playing at Saughton with only socks on kicking a ball about with friends.

No idea if photo is from weekend (as they are reporting), or from a while back. Needless to say, media love to shaft us pre big matches

The sad thing is though it wouldnt shock people if it was actually taken at the weekend, footballers arent the sharpest of people sometimes

Sunshine Scott
16-05-2016, 12:15 PM
What's happening?

Cummings going to Rangers. I work in Glasgow for a "smallish" company, and a guy I work closely with (Rangers fan) told me about the Barton thing 2 days before it became public, I naturally scoffed at it. But it came to be, he also told me they were going after Cummings & have "enquired" about Ings on loan.

He's been right before as well, MOH in January rings a bell, I don't know if he "knows" someone "in the know".

Take it for what it's worth .... a rumour. But imo, I believe him.

Hermit Crab
16-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Cummings going to Rangers. I work in Glasgow for a "smallish" company, and a guy I work closely with (Rangers fan) told me about the Barton thing 2 days before it became public, I naturally scoffed at it. But it came to be, he also told me they were going after Cummings & have "enquired" about Ings on loan.

He's been right before as well, MOH in January rings a bell, I don't know if he "knows" someone "in the know".

It's pish mate.

The Green Goblin
16-05-2016, 12:24 PM

The hun trumpets can go after Cummings all they like. They can't afford him. How did Scott Allan work out for them again?

Brightside
16-05-2016, 12:25 PM
The sad thing is though it wouldnt shock people if it was actually taken at the weekend, footballers arent the sharpest of people sometimes

Cummings does not have an ounce of common sense....

HibsNutter
16-05-2016, 12:48 PM
On the subject of Cummings, check this out http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/hibernian/7152528/Im-Cummings-for-kickabout.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-FBPAGE-_-ScottishSunSport-ScottishSunSport-_-20160516-_-SunScotSport-_-470296411-_-Imageandlink

Absolutely astonished! He should never play for this club again.

:tee hee::tee hee:

Since90+2
16-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Seriously why are we giving the **** weegie gutter press the airtime with this? We knew it would happen and its happening.

The Green Goblin
16-05-2016, 12:59 PM
On the subject of Cummings, check this out http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/hibernian/7152528/Im-Cummings-for-kickabout.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-FBPAGE-_-ScottishSunSport-ScottishSunSport-_-20160516-_-SunScotSport-_-470296411-_-Imageandlink

Absolutely astonished! He should never play for this club again.

:tee hee::tee hee:

couldn't disagree more. He should play on Saturday and if the manager wants to have a word, then they can sort it out privately. Yet another pile of media pish designed to unsettle us before the game. What I don't get is the second part of your post. Why would you fall for that and do their job for them? Or were you being sarcastic?

Diclonius
16-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Disgraceful behaviour from Cummings. He should never at any point have a bit of harmless fun at any time in his life.

Seriously, that's the best the Scottish Hun can get? It's not even transparent. Might as well just have a back page splash saying "MON THE GERS".

JC35
16-05-2016, 01:04 PM
no doubt the photos will be dug up from ages ago

Paloschi
Keatings and Cummings for the cup final. Time to DROP STOKES FFS!!

The Green Goblin
Disgraceful behaviour from Cummings. He should never at any point have a bit of harmless fun at any time in his life.

Seriously, that's the best the Scottish Hun can get? It's not even transparent. Might as well just have a back page splash saying "MON THE GERS".

Totally. At least that would be honest pish.

Hermit Crab
16-05-2016, 01:05 PM

No way, he will play out his skin on Saturday against them. So will hendo.

Paloschi
16-05-2016, 01:10 PM

He hasn't played out of his skin since he joined. Thought he was average against the huns last time. If we are picking the team based on which club they support rather than who deserves a place then we deserve to be where we are!

Cummings is our top goalscorer with an outstanding record against them. Keatings is the striker on form. It's a no brainer. Stokes offers very little. Imagine someone else had his record since signing in January. He has a James Collins style goals to game rate.

Just my opinion of course!

HibsNutter
16-05-2016, 01:10 PM
couldn't disagree more. He should play on Saturday and if the manager wants to have a word, then they can sort it out privately. Yet another pile of media pish designed to unsettle us before the game. What I don't get is the second part of your post. Why would you fall for that and do their job for them? Or were you being sarcastic?

Of course it is sarcasm. It's an absolutely nothing story and is genuinely quite funny. Nobody should be unsettled by that.

The Green Goblin
16-05-2016, 01:11 PM
He hasn't played out of his skin since he joined. Thought he was average against the huns last time. If we are picking the team based on which club they support rather than who deserves a place then we deserve to be where we are!

Cummings is our top goalscorer with an outstanding record against them. Keatings is the striker on form. It's a no brainer. Stokes offers very little. Imagine someone else had his record since signing in January. He has a James Collins style goals to game rate.

Inverness away? Just one game, but without Stokes that night, we wouldn't be looking forward to Saturday... Maybe it will be the same at full time on Saturday?

GreenOnions
16-05-2016, 01:11 PM
I rate it as highly likely that JC will score in the cup final :agree:

erin go bragh
16-05-2016, 01:13 PM

Every single Hibs player selected , better play out of their skin on Saturday . Each and every one, has a chance to be a living Hibs legend .

GGTTH

Paloschi
16-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Inverness away? Just one game, but without Stokes that night, we wouldn't be looking forward to Saturday... Maybe it will be the same at full time on Saturday?

Agreed however his form since then has been as bad as Cummings.

Cummings should get the nod due to the fact he is our top goal scorer and has delivered against Rangers and in other big games in the past. In fact I'd go as far as if to say Stokes has also been a big reason Cummings form has suffered. They have no understanding as a partnership and Stubbs failure to realise this earlier on has been a major reason for our poor performances since Jan.

Onion
16-05-2016, 01:22 PM
Every single Hibs player selected , better play out of their skin on Saturday . Each and every one, has a chance to be a living Hibs legend .

GGTTH

Basically no different to the 11 previous Hibs teams since 1902, then.

If luck and referee decisions evened out at this match, we'd be unstoppable !

hibs69
16-05-2016, 01:28 PM
Basically no different to the 11 previous Hibs teams since 1902, then.

If luck and referee decisions evened out at this match, we'd be unstoppable !

Agree with maybe 10 finals. Not so sure the team "played out of its skin" in 2012. Thomson being ref and awarding outside the box penalties didn't help......, but no. They didn't seem bothered after it. That tosser Doherty from Wolves was having a laugh.

Alex Trager
16-05-2016, 01:42 PM

Finally. Some sense.

Why pick between cummimgs and Keatings when we drop stokes?

The Green Goblin
16-05-2016, 01:47 PM
Of course it is sarcasm. It's an absolutely nothing story and is genuinely quite funny. Nobody should be unsettled by that.

Apologies. I misread your post.

HibsNutter
16-05-2016, 01:59 PM
Apologies. I misread your post.

No worries mate

lapsedhibee
16-05-2016, 02:41 PM
Sunderland have reportedly axed Fletcher. If only we had him in the squad - he'd teach Cummings a thing or two.......

....... though probably not the most important thing Cummings has to learn, which is how to kick the ball with his right foot.

anon1875
16-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Take what we can get to cover next seasons budget.

Bleeds green
16-05-2016, 03:15 PM

In my opinion your opinion is rank rotten! Stokes has been excellent of late and worked his socks off lacking goals but it's not his fault he's being asked to drop deep and go out wide as much rather than play in and around the box

BH Hibs
16-05-2016, 03:57 PM
In my opinion your opinion is rank rotten! Stokes has been excellent of late and worked his socks off lacking goals but it's not his fault he's being asked to drop deep and go out wide as much rather than play in and around the box

I agree with this 100% especially the last part.

KWJ
16-05-2016, 07:10 PM
Stokes all round play has been decent of late but there's no doubt that the signing has been disappointing, especially as it went hand in hand with King Dom's departure who we are badly missing. Cummings and Malonga up front with Keatings and Boyle filling in when required would have got us up IMO, or at least to play off final and possibly a cup win.

Stokes was meant to bag 10-20 goals and it's just not happened. Look at the thread from him joining.

He's meant to be deadly in front of goal and create chances from nothing but he's missed a helluva lot of good chances.

Have Boyle and Keatings both not actually scored more than him since he joined?

ANYWAY.

Without going through this whole thread I wanted to know if we'd be due compensation should Cummings leave at the end of next season. I'd have thought there would be a development fee there and that it could be quite tasty with the latest Danny Ings fee bumping up the ceiling significantly.

I know he joined us late in his development but that was the same for Ings who by summer of 2017 will have been at Hibs for the same length of time.

Hermit Crab
16-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Stokes all round play has been decent of late but there's no doubt that the signing has been disappointing, especially as it went hand in hand with King Dom's departure who we are badly missing. Cummings and Malonga up front with Keatings and Boyle filling in when required would have got us up IMO, or at least to play off final and possibly a cup win.

Stokes was meant to bag 10-20 goals and it's just not happened. Look at the thread from him joining.

He's meant to be deadly in front of goal and create chances from nothing but he's missed a helluva lot of good chances.

Have Boyle and Keatings both not actually scored more than him since he joined?

ANYWAY.

Without going through this whole thread I wanted to know if we'd be due compensation should Cummings leave at the end of next season. I'd have thought there would be a development fee there and that it could be quite tasty with the latest Danny Ings fee bumping up the ceiling significantly.

I know he joined us late in his development but that was the same for Ings who by summer of 2017 will have been at Hibs for the same length of time.

Well Stokes has 1 more game to bag a couple of hopefully winning goals.

Aldo
16-05-2016, 07:12 PM
Stokes all round play has been decent of late but there's no doubt that the signing has been disappointing, especially as it went hand in hand with King Dom's departure who we are badly missing. Cummings and Malonga up front with Keatings and Boyle filling in when required would have got us up IMO, or at least to play off final and possibly a cup win. Stokes was meant to bag 10-20 goals and it's just not happened. Look at the thread from him joining. He's meant to be deadly in front of goal and create chances from nothing but he's missed a helluva lot of good chances. Have Boyle and Keatings both not actually scored more than him since he joined? ANYWAY. Without going through this whole thread I wanted to know if we'd be due compensation should Cummings leave at the end of next season. I'd have thought there would be a development fee there and that it could be quite tasty with the latest Danny Ings fee bumping up the ceiling significantly. I know he joined us late in his development but that was the same for Ings who by summer of 2017 will have been at Hibs for the same length of time.

We won't get a development fee because he will be gone after the game on Saturday to the highest bidder I would image (hopefully on our terms)

KWJ
16-05-2016, 07:12 PM
Well Stokes has 1 more game to bag a couple of hopefully winning goals.

Score the winning goal on Saturday and it's signing of the season :greengrin

KWJ
16-05-2016, 07:16 PM
We won't get a development fee because he will be gone after the game on Saturday to the highest bidder I would image (hopefully on our terms)

The only way I'd see us doing that is if the fee bid were to be significantly higher than the dev fee (which is first negotiated between the clubs).

I reckon we could be looking at near a mil for a dev fee so I would be wanting at least 1.5M with add ons for a transfer fee or I'd want to keep him for another 20-25 goals that could be hard to replace.

Aldo
16-05-2016, 07:25 PM
The only way I'd see us doing that is if the fee bid were to be significantly higher than the dev fee (which is first negotiated between the clubs). I reckon we could be looking at near a mil for a dev fee so I would be wanting at least 1.5M with add ons for a transfer fee or I'd want to keep him for another 20-25 goals that could be hard to replace.

I like your optimism but do you really think a tribunal is going to award us £1 million Dev fee!! I don't.

MyJo
16-05-2016, 07:27 PM
Finally. Some sense.

Why pick between cummimgs and Keatings when we drop stokes?

Stokes was superb against Sevco at easter road, he absolutely detests them and despite not playing well most of the time since he joined he will play out of his skin to try and get one over that lot.

As for Cummings, if he was going to stay he would have signed a new deal already, he is on his way out now that we are in the championship for another season. IMO he thinks he is far better than he actually is and its probably too soon for him to move as i can't see him being first choice at Rangers or Wolves next season. We will get around £750k at most for him

JC94
16-05-2016, 07:30 PM
The only way I'd see us doing that is if the fee bid were to be significantly higher than the dev fee (which is first negotiated between the clubs).

I reckon we could be looking at near a mil for a dev fee so I would be wanting at least 1.5M with add ons for a transfer fee or I'd want to keep him for another 20-25 goals that could be hard to replace.

If a team from down south got him the development fee would be about 100k.

Brightside
16-05-2016, 07:30 PM

1m for a dev fee??? really..we've had him what 2 years? He will go for 500k max.

ruthven_raiders
16-05-2016, 07:33 PM
I agree with this 100% especially the last part.

Yup he's having to go wide and into the middle to create, there's nobody creating chances for him, when he does play up top you can see his runs into the box are a class above.

green day
16-05-2016, 07:36 PM
1m for a dev fee??? really..we've had him what 2 years? He will go for 500k max.

Yeah probably right - but if that pans out, we will have him for next season and those 20-25 goals would be worth their weight in gold.

If he goes in the close season it has to be for a lottery win number.

SJM
16-05-2016, 07:42 PM
People are mental on here. Jason has lost his hunger in a hibs top. Him and McGinns form has hit us most. £1m Dev fee hahaha. Based on what exactly? What scottish player has ever went for £1m to anyone development wise? How much did we get for Scott Allan, who is a million times better.

Alex Trager
16-05-2016, 07:42 PM
Stokes was superb against Sevco at easter road, he absolutely detests them and despite not playing well most of the time since he joined he will play out of his skin to try and get one over that lot.

As for Cummings, if he was going to stay he would have signed a new deal already, he is on his way out now that we are in the championship for another season. IMO he thinks he is far better than he actually is and its probably too soon for him to move as i can't see him being first choice at Rangers or Wolves next season. We will get around £750k at most for him

Cummimgs scores goals against them each and every time he plays then almost.

Playing someone cause they hate the Rangers is a non sense view. I hate them but I wouldn't start me.

Stokes has been poor for weeks.

In a Scottish cup final if any player does not run out his skin he should not be near the game.

SJM
16-05-2016, 07:43 PM

Playing someone cause they hate the Rangers is a non sense view. I hate them but I wouldn't start me.

In a Scottish cup final if any player does not run out his skin he should not be near the game.

Stokes wasn't poor on Friday. He was playing out of position and set up both the pen and the goal. Out of nothing he has that touch of class.

Brightside
16-05-2016, 07:44 PM
Yeah probably right - but if that pans out, we will have him for next season and those 20-25 goals would be worth their weight in gold.

If he goes in the close season it has to be for a lottery win number.

No i mean he will go end of season... and if we get 500k that will be good business. the talk of £1m etc is mental.

Brightside
16-05-2016, 07:44 PM

Stokes has been in the top 3 players for the last few months.

Alex Trager
16-05-2016, 07:45 PM
Stokes wasn't poor on Friday. He was playing out of position and set up both the pen and the goal. Out of nothing he has that touch of class.

He misplaced pass after pass and lost the ball many times trying to be smart with flicks and tricks.

Cummimgs had four minutes and rattled the bar

Alex Trager
16-05-2016, 07:45 PM
Stokes has been in the top 3 players for the last few months.

And scored 0 in 10

That's a fact I learnt on here btw. If it's not true then I maintain my opinion but will withdraw the stat

Brightside
16-05-2016, 07:47 PM
And scored 0 in 10

It not all about scoring goals...he has created loads of chances...he has defended well up top, held the ball up well...everything the other strikers can't do.

Alex Trager
16-05-2016, 07:47 PM
It not all about scoring goals...he has created loads of chances...he has defended well up top, held the ball up well...everything the other strikers can't do.

Is it not?

I'd argue it is first and foremost

KWJ
16-05-2016, 07:48 PM
The ceiling has just doubled for development fees.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36165363

By the time Cummings is out of contract he'll have been at Hibs for 4 years and developed from a free player to Scotland U21 starter and award nominated player with 2 or 3 20+ goal seasons.

No reason to think it can't be 1M in my book. And even if it was half of that and Rangers or whoever are offering 1M or less for him this summer it seems foolish to sell.

KWJ
16-05-2016, 07:49 PM

Things the midfielders can do.

He was brought in to score goals and win games, he's not done it at all.

The_Horde
16-05-2016, 07:52 PM
No i mean he will go end of season... and if we get 500k that will be good business. the talk of £1m etc is mental.

Even when you consider hearts got 1m for sow?

hibshibshibs84
16-05-2016, 07:52 PM
Cummings won't be playing for us next season.

We won't sell to Rangers cos of all the bad feeling from last year and he won't go to Celtic after seeing what they did with Allen.
He will start next season with a top-half English championship team, possibly one of the relegated prem teams.

Brightside
16-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Even when you consider hearts got 1m for sow?

He went to China. Cummings isn't going to china.

Smartie
16-05-2016, 07:54 PM

By the time Cummings is out of contract he'll have been at Hibs for 4 years and developed from a free player to Scotland U21 starter and award nominated player with 2 or 3 20+ goal seasons.

No reason to think it can't be 1M in my book. And even if it was half of that and Rangers or whoever are offering 1M or less for him this summer it seems foolish to sell.

I agree with your logic but will this not be decided by some sort of SPFL tribunal?

We'll probably end up with Campbell Ogilvie telling us that we need to give Rangers money to take him.

JFK-1
16-05-2016, 07:58 PM

I think that only applies for England and Wales not Scotland which was the cause of a lot of disappointment among Liverpool supporters when Rangers signed Jordan Rossiter and for the signing of Windass and Crooks from Accrington.

The Accrington fans in particular feel they were robbed because a Scottish club swooped in and don't have to pay the development fee but how often do we see that type of thing happen in the opposite direction with no complaints from over the border?

KWJ
16-05-2016, 07:59 PM
I agree with your logic but will this not be decided by some sort of SPFL tribunal?

We'll probably end up with Campbell Ogilvie telling us that we need to give Rangers money to take him.

Yeah I'm not sure who would make up the tribunal in Scotland. In England it was these guys. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_Football_Compensation_Committee

Assume it'd be a Scottish or UEFA tribunal if he went to an English team when out of contract.

Whoever it is though would have to take the Ings tribunal into consideration.

KWJ
16-05-2016, 08:00 PM
I think that only applies for England and Wales not Scotland which was the cause of a lot of disappointment among Liverpool supporters when Rangers signed Jordan Rossiter and for the signing of Windass and Crooks from Accrington.

The Accrington fans in particular feel they were robbed because a Scottish club swooped in and don't have to pay the development fee but how often do we see that type of thing happen in the opposite direction with no complaints from over the border?

Ah, that would suck.

SJM
16-05-2016, 08:05 PM
He misplaced pass after pass and lost the ball many times trying to be smart with flicks and tricks.

Cummimgs had four minutes and rattled the bar

Pot shot from nothing. Stubbs' last big call as manager is who will start Saturday.

Sammy7nil

We won't sell to Rangers cos of all the bad feeling from last year and he won't go to Celtic after seeing what they did with Allen.
He will start next season with a top-half English championship team, possibly one of the relegated prem teams.

We will sell to ANYONE if the price is right.

JFK-1
Ah, that would suck.

Yep and i'm afraid it's the reality. It's exactly why Rangers got Rossiter for a relative pittance of 250K despite the fact he had been at Liverpool since he was round 6. If he had gone to an English team the development fee could have been around 8 million though I expect they would have accepted less.

In the case of the Accrington duo Rangers are getting them for a combined fee of around 60K when Crooks alone was rated at a minimum 500K development fee if he had gone to an English club. So from that you can understand why the Accrington fans are so bitter. But as I said that more often applies in the opposite direction doesn't it as you guys may find out if Cummings goes South.

Alex Trager
16-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Pot shot from nothing. Stubbs' last big call as manager is who will start Saturday.

Like any striker worth their salt?

I agree with the last comment.
And it should not be stokes

Smartie
16-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Ah, that would suck.

It would, but is this not the thing that we exploited when we got Clayton Donaldson for nowt/ a pittance?

It works both ways.

Cummings might net himself a tidy signing on fee if he sits tight for a year then moves South.

JFK-1
16-05-2016, 08:12 PM

My own feeling is that you guys have to move him out in the next transfer window to get any value at all out of it. He's already down to a year left on his contract which all by itself makes him less valuable and if he isn't moved on in the Summer then the next opportunity comes when he is down to just 6 months and can sign a pre-contract with any team and possibly just sit out the final 6 months.

If anybody at all comes in with even just a half decent offer this Summer you have to to take it or risk getting next to nothing.

KWJ
16-05-2016, 08:13 PM
So who is it that's issuing these tribunal fees and is it the same for a player coming here from England as a player going from here to England?

Surely it's a matter of time before UEFA intervene.

JFK-1
16-05-2016, 08:16 PM
So who is it that's issuing these tribunal fees and is it the same for a player coming here from England as a player going from here to England?

Surely it's a matter of time before UEFA intervene.

The tribunal development fees only apply when a player makes a move within the same association. If a player moves from Scotland to England or vice versa that's viewed as foreign transfer and the development fee doesn't apply.

Rangers are exploiting that loophole to the max right now with Rossiter, Windass and Crooks.

KWJ
16-05-2016, 08:18 PM
The tribunal development fees only apply when a player makes a move within the same association. If a player moves from Scotland to England or vice versa that's viewed as foreign transfer and the development fee doesn't apply.

Rangers are exploiting that loophole to the max right now with Rossiter, Windass and Crooks.

But there is a small fee being paid, where has that come from?

JFK-1
16-05-2016, 08:29 PM
But there is a small fee being paid, where has that come from?

Not sure where that small fee comes from or how it's calculated but I do know it's nothing significant. Accrington are getting 60K for their pair and Liverpool 250K for a player they have had on their books and been developing for around 14 years. They only offered him an extended contract at the very end to get something out if it because if there is not contract offer on the table there is no fee at all.

Obviously they were hoping an English club would be the destination when the development fee would be up to 8 million though I doubt anybody would have offered that but they would have got a lot more than 250K and probably up into the millions.

But given that Liverpool got just 250K for a player they have been developing for 14 years if Cummings were to go in a similar scenario you're looking at peanuts.

Smartie
16-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Not sure where that small fee comes from or how it's calculated but I do know it's nothing significant. Accrington are getting 60K for their pair and Liverpool 250K for a player they have had on their books and been developing for around 14 years. They only offered him an extended contract at the very end to get something out if it because if there is not contract offer on the table there is no fee at all.

Obviously they were hoping an English club would be the destination when the development fee would be up to 8 million though I doubt anybody would have offered that but they would have got a lot more than 250K and probably up into the millions.

But given that Liverpool got just 250K for a player they have been developing for 14 years if Cummings were to go in a similar scenario you're looking at peanuts.

Depends on how it's calculated.

By all accounts Rossiter is a superb player and Rangers have got a great deal. Liverpool have clearly put a lot into nurturing the lad.

But has he played a first team game? Has he had any international honours?

Cummings has been a first pick for 2 seasons, been the top scorer in his division, scored 20+ goals in each full season he's played and played - and scored - for Scotland U21s.

Not a bad CV.

Although I suppose if comments on hibs.net are taken into account we'll get buttons for him.

JFK-1
16-05-2016, 08:42 PM

By all accounts Rossiter is a superb player and Rangers have got a great deal. Liverpool have clearly put a lot into nurturing the lad.

Yes he has played for the first team and has played in the Europa league. He has played at international level up to the under 19's. He got a long term injury soon after Klopp arrived and that pushed him way out of the reckoning but he has to have something. How do you even get into the reckoning at a club like that which can splash around huge sums on transfers every window?

He went to Rangers because one they were offering him first team football which he wasn't going to get in a hurry at Liverpool after the Summer window and two because going to an English club would have triggered a large compensation fee and what are the chances of a 19 year old stepping straight into first 11 at just about any upper level EPL club?

SJM
16-05-2016, 08:56 PM

Cummings has been a first pick for 2 seasons, been the top scorer in his division, scored 20+ goals in each full season he's played and played - and scored - for Scotland U21s.

Not a bad CV.

Although I suppose if comments on hibs.net are taken into account we'll get buttons for him.

Rossiter is millions of miles ahead of Cummings. I've no idea how the huns can afford and attract him. This isn't a Danny Wilson, this is the real deal.

JFK-1
16-05-2016, 08:59 PM

Something else I just found seems to indicate there is a difference between a development fee and waht they cal a training fee which i'm guessing is what both Accrington and Liverpool are going to get.

With both players aged 21, Stanley would have been due a larger compensation fee had they signed for another English club, but their decision to move north of the border means they will now only receive a nominal training fee for Windass and Crooks.
Stanley's majority shareholder Andy Holt has been vocal in his criticism of the rules which mean his club will lose their two star players for "next to nothing", with Windass and Crooks netting 18 goals between them this season.

That comes from this article which highlights some of the bitterness they feel about and I can understand them being pissed off but again it works in both directions and more often than not it's the Scottish club on the wrong end of it. http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14196086.Rangers_boss_Warburton_defends_chase_of_A ccrington_Stanley_duo/

Billy Whizz
16-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Rossiter is millions of miles ahead of Cummings. I've no idea how the huns can afford and attract him. This isn't a Danny Wilson, this is the real deal.

So why doesn't he want to stay at Liverpool, and sign for Rangers?

JimBHibees
16-05-2016, 09:08 PM

Million miles is quite a lot. If real deal why is he leaving Liverpool.

JFK-1
16-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Million miles is quite a lot. If real deal why is he leaving Liverpool.

I wouldn't say he is millions of miles ahead of Cummings but there are multiple reasons why he is leaving Liverpool one of the major ones being he isn't going to get first team football under Klopp in a side that will more than likely splash tens of millions in the market this Summer on far more experienced players.

At Rangers he will be a first choice and could probably expect a crack at Euro football in the not too distant future. Even going to another English club which again would have triggered the massive development fee of up to 8 million which EPL side that could offer him a chance at Euro football is going to pay that for a teenager when they could get an established experienced international in from the continent for that kind of money?

This is a quote from a Liverpool website regarding Rossiter.

Liverpool-born Jordan Rossiter was given a first-team squad number (46) a few months before his 17th birthday in the second season that Brendan Rodgers was in charge of team affairs (2013/14), it was a clear indication of the belief that the club’s management and coaching staff had in the young midfielder.

Rossiter had come through the club’s youth system and such was his progress at the Kirkby Academy that he made his debut for Liverpool’s Under 18 team on his fifteenth birthday and was representing the Under 19 team in the NextGen series while still only fifteen years old!

He's a fantastic prospect and I wouldn't be surprised if he is sold back South by Rangers for a significant sum in 2 or 3 years time. That's no doubt one of the reasons for signing him on a 4 year contract.

SJM
16-05-2016, 09:22 PM
He's not good enough or not going to get a chance at Liverpool it seems, they have also got a buy back option. Jason Cummings would get nowhere near a prem side never mind Liverpool. They have money, like Barton. Rangers next year will be back to their usual selves. Hope they go bust again mind.

Anyone that's seen the boy play will know he's a massive, massive talent.

MWHIBBIES
16-05-2016, 09:26 PM
And scored 0 in 10

That's a fact I learnt on here btw. If it's not true then I maintain my opinion but will withdraw the statIt isn't true, he scored against Dumbarton.

Alex Trager
16-05-2016, 09:29 PM
It isn't true, he scored against Dumbarton.

Right enough.

Andy74
16-05-2016, 09:36 PM

Come on. He's not done that either. He's been fine but hasn't produced much of any substance. I think folk are trying really hard to see anything in him that suggests he is playing well.

I would have loved him to be a key player for us but it hasn't worked so far.

I felt that people did the exact opposite with Malonga who actually did create things and score too. It's a strange one.

MWHIBBIES
16-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Come on. He's not done that either. He's been fine but hasn't produced much of any substance. I think folk are trying really hard to see anything in him that suggests he is playing well.

I would have loved him to be a key player for us but it hasn't worked so far.

I felt that people did the exact opposite with Malonga who actually did create things and score too. It's a strange one.Folk don't like to be wrong. Fact is Stokes has contributed nothing more than Malonga and has no partnership with Cummings, Malonga did.

JFK-1
16-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Folk don't like to be wrong. Fact is Stokes has contributed nothing more than Malonga and has no partnership with Cummings, Malonga did.

Regarding Stokes every time I hear about him it just makes me think of the Scott Alan saga and I feel that Celtic screwed you guys over on that one. Granted selling him to Rangers would have been an iffy idea at the time given they were the major competition but if Celtic really wanted to help you out instead of just loaning Stokes they could have sent Allan back on loan instead of leaving him sitting in a stand.

Clearly they don't need him while you guys could have used him and kept him playing which suits everybody including the player who seems to have made a huge mistake. I have even heard that Ronnie Deila didn't even want him and that he was brought in by some sort of committee which then demonstrates exactly why the boy couldn't even get a game.

MWHIBBIES
16-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Regarding Stokes every time I hear about him it just makes me think of the Scott Alan saga and I feel that Celtic screwed you guys over on that one. Granted selling him to Rangers would have been an iffy idea at the time given they were the major competition but if Celtic really wanted to help you out instead of just loaning Stokes they could have sent Allan back on loan instead of leaving him sitting in a stand.

Clearly they don't need him while you guys could have used him and kept him playing which suits everybody including the player who seems to have made a huge mistake. I have even heard that Ronnie Deila didn't even want him and that he was brought in by some sort of committee which then demonstrates exactly why the boy couldn't even get a game.

Hibs got by far the better of the Allan saga, it isn't even debatable. McGeouch and Henderson have been very important players for us this season and money that helped bring in McGinn.

JC94
16-05-2016, 10:14 PM
He's not good enough or not going to get a chance at Liverpool it seems, they have also got a buy back option. Jason Cummings would get nowhere near a prem side never mind Liverpool. They have money, like Barton. Rangers next year will be back to their usual selves. Hope they go bust again mind.

Anyone that's seen the boy play will know he's a massive, massive talent.

They haven't got a buy back option as you cant put one on a player who is leaving when their contract ends.

Smartie
16-05-2016, 10:44 PM

Scott Allan was the pawn, and ultimately the loser in somebody else's game.

Deila and Collins were never interested in the player - Celtic can't carry players who do as little tracking back as Allan so he would never have fitted into the way they wanted to play.

Allan was a Lawwell signing who wanted to be seen to be putting one over Rangers. Rangers had tapped up and unsettled the player which had the desired effect of royally f*****g up Hibs' start to the season. It allowed Rangers to roar out the blocks, steal a march on us and get the "hordes" on side that they mean business.

We were backed into a corner - everyone at Hibs still believed at that point we had a chance of challenging Rangers and felt they had to stand up to them and not cave in. Ultimately it suited Hibs to sell him to Celtic getting McGeouch permanently, Henderson on loan and cash that was spent on McGinn.

So imo, in this order - Rangers were the main winners. They practically won the league off this horrible underhand manoeuvre. We'll see if Hibs entertain doing business with them in future though - there is some serious bad blood between the clubs now. Hibs came in next - we got a decent deal for an unhappy, disruptive player with 1 year left on his contract. Celtic came next - it hardly proved to send a nasty message out to Rangers but they didn't do badly getting a talented player for what to them is loose change, a reserve player and the loan of a reserve.

Poor Scott Allan was the loser. Another poor career move and another dodgy episode on a dodgy cv. No first team football and no chance of now getting to join his boyhood favourites.

Shame.

A few quid extra in the bank though eh?

JFK-1
16-05-2016, 10:54 PM

If I were him at his age I would prefer a few less quid in the bank and actually be playing. What he has done could feasibly end his chances of progressing to the top level.

h18eeynick
16-05-2016, 11:01 PM

Deila and Collins were never interested in the player - Celtic can't carry players who do as little tracking back as Allan so he would never have fitted into the way they wanted to play.

Allan was a Lawwell signing who wanted to be seen to be putting one over Rangers. Rangers had tapped up and unsettled the player which had the desired effect of royally f*****g up Hibs' start to the season. It allowed Rangers to roar out the blocks, steal a march on us and get the "hordes" on side that they mean business.

We were backed into a corner - everyone at Hibs still believed at that point we had a chance of challenging Rangers and felt they had to stand up to them and not cave in. Ultimately it suited Hibs to sell him to Celtic getting McGeouch permanently, Henderson on loan and cash that was spent on McGinn.

So imo, in this order - Rangers were the main winners. They practically won the league off this horrible underhand manoeuvre. We'll see if Hibs entertain doing business with them in future though - there is some serious bad blood between the clubs now. Hibs came in next - we got a decent deal for an unhappy, disruptive player with 1 year left on his contract. Celtic came next - it hardly proved to send a nasty message out to Rangers but they didn't do badly getting a talented player for what to them is loose change, a reserve player and the loan of a reserve.

Poor Scott Allan was the loser. Another poor career move and another dodgy episode on a dodgy cv. No first team football and no chance of now getting to join his boyhood favourites.

Shame.

Delia has admitted far too big a squad and I totally agree with what you say. Scott Allen has proven to just chase the money in his career and what a complete waste . I think we will see a big clear out this year of Celtic players and Allen will be one of them. Unfortunately we dont have anyone to offer in a trade off . I will be surprised however if Steven Fletcher isnt there soon and just a hunch and no info to back it up!

JFK-1
16-05-2016, 11:07 PM
Delia has admitted far too big a squad and I totally agree with what you say. Scott Allen has proven to just chase the money in his career and what a complete waste . I think we will see a big clear out this year of Celtic players and Allen will be one of them. Unfortunately we dont have anyone to offer in a trade off . I will be surprised however if Steven Fletcher isnt there soon and just a hunch and no info to back it up!

I agree, Celtic are going to be massively downsizing because after 2 years of failing to reach the Champions league group stage which they had been banking on they can't maintain that squad because there goes 40 million quid they will never see. Just one more reason I doubt Cummings will be going there.

chrisski33
17-05-2016, 09:02 AM

Shame.

Sorry but tapping up allan at start of season wasnt the reason we fell behind rangers. Sorry but theres something deep rooted wrong with the club if a club was after one player and it affected the whole team.

Smartie
17-05-2016, 09:40 AM
Sorry but tapping up allan at start of season wasnt the reason we fell behind rangers. Sorry but theres something deep rooted wrong with the club if a club was after one player and it affected the whole team.

It was a big part of the reason we fell behind.

We lost to Dumbarton on the opening day, the body language of a lot of the players was poor (although strangely not Allan himself). Fans were fighting each other (although that has turned out not to be that unusual.) Our squad was a tight unit the year before with Allan important player and character. Allan getting his head turned had a massive impact on our poor start, not to mention the Petrofac game. We were in disarray whereas Rangers looked much improved.

See some of JFK'S posts - they understand how important their good start was.

J-C
17-05-2016, 09:49 AM

We lost to Dumbarton on the opening day, the body language of a lot of the players was poor (although strangely not Allan himself). Fans were fighting each other (although that has turned out not to be that unusual.) Our squad was a tight unit the year before with Allan important player and character. Allan getting his head turned had a massive impact on our poor start, not to mention the Petrofac game. We were in disarray whereas Rangers looked much improved.

It also didn't help we had a stinking pre season, it certainly looked a half hearted attempt at one, lets hope we stay well clear of La Manga and just have 6-7 pre season matches to get the lads match fit before the 1st game this time.

chrisski33
17-05-2016, 10:24 AM

depends how you look at it. you summed it up about the pre season. think that had more of an effect than allen saga. again if a players chance of going to another club is affecting the team theres something deep rooted wrong there.

Stokesy's on fire
17-05-2016, 10:27 AM
back on topic has Jason ever confirmed that he will leave Hibernian? I would like to see our Leeann make him a good offer

J-C
17-05-2016, 10:31 AM
back on topic has Jason ever confirmed that he will leave Hibernian? I would like to see our Leeann make him a good offer

He's already been offered a good deal, his dad told me a few weeks ago that Jason wanted to sign but the agent had put in a release fee clause that Hibs were not happy with, obviously they want as much as they can for him, if the talk go on too long then he may feel disillutioned.

Stokesy's on fire
17-05-2016, 10:48 AM
He's already been offered a good deal, his dad told me a few weeks ago that Jason wanted to sign but the agent had put in a release fee clause that Hibs were not happy with, obviously they want as much as they can for him, if the talk go on too long then he may feel disillutioned.

Lets hope this clause can be raised then

Lago
17-05-2016, 11:24 AM
That has a familiar ring to it.

J-C
17-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Lets hope this clause can be raised then

That has a familiar ring to it.

Same agent as Allan, so I won't hold my breathe, his body language looks like he's wanting away.

staunchhibby
17-05-2016, 12:26 PM
Methinks another stand off is looming shades of allan here:rolleyes:

JC94
17-05-2016, 12:30 PM
It also didn't help we had a stinking pre season, it certainly looked a half hearted attempt at one, lets hope we stay well clear of La Manga and just have 6-7 pre season matches to get the lads match fit before the 1st game this time.

Rangers only had 1 pre season match against Burnley so i dont really see that as a reason why we started poorly

SJM
17-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Rangers only had 1 pre season match against Burnley so i dont really see that as a reason why we started poorly

They played spurs twice, ayr, burnley and Peterhead in the league cup before us.

JC94
17-05-2016, 12:45 PM
They played spurs twice, ayr, burnley and Peterhead in the league cup before us.

Not counting the Spurs one's as they were 2 45 minute matches. We also played Montrose the same weekend they played Peterhead

KeithTheHibby
17-05-2016, 12:47 PM
It's laughable to think that Cummings could do a job for someone like Brighton or Derby.

Griffiths struggled big time when he went down there the first time and he's 10 times the player JC is.

Cummings will probably do ok at sevco all the same.

SpaceBob
17-05-2016, 01:00 PM

Shame.

I'm not completely sure about this, I’m pretty certain Lawwell will be happy to see their tarty mistress back, their attendance will shot right back up increasing revenue. I never differentiated between the two, they are one in the same and part take in the same old nonsense regarding the old firm business.

Geo_1875
17-05-2016, 01:04 PM
Same agent as Allan, so I won't hold my breathe, his body language looks like he's wanting away.

Hopefully the agent will tell Jason not to **** with the Hibees or you'll end up like Scott Allan.

I don't know what the body language for wanting away looks like so I'll bow to your superior knowledge on that one. He definitely looks frustrated but so would I if I had been underperforming for so long.

J-C
17-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Hopefully the agent will tell Jason not to **** with the Hibees or you'll end up like Scott Allan.

I don't know what the body language for wanting away looks like so I'll bow to your superior knowledge on that one. He definitely looks frustrated but so would I if I had been underperforming for so long.

The body language thing is just personal to what I see, he doesn't seem as jovial and cheeky chappy as before, it may be down to his form but also the form may be down to the fact he's mulling over his future and hi head is elsewhere.

R'Albin
17-05-2016, 05:11 PM
It's laughable to think that Cummings could do a job for someone like Brighton or Derby.

Griffiths struggled big time when he went down there the first time and he's 10 times the player JC is.

Cummings will probably do ok at sevco all the same.

I'm not saying Cummings would do well there but Griffiths scored 12 in 26. To describe that as 'struggling big time' seems a bit harsh.

Unseen work
17-05-2016, 05:26 PM
The stick Cummings gets is laughable

Alex Trager
17-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Here's hoping he does want to stay.
He's still so young. Lots of developing to do.
He stays here for a year or two. Gets himself and Hibs a good deal and he goes away having scored upward of 100 goals by the time he is 23.

It's good to know he wants to stay too

Stokesy's on fire
17-05-2016, 07:01 PM
Here's hoping he does want to stay.
He's still so young. Lots of developing to do.
He stays here for a year or two. Gets himself and Hibs a good deal and he goes away having scored upward of 100 goals by the time he is 23.

It's good to know he wants to stay too

I bet he's buzzing to be
A hero this weekend he loves sticking the ball in the Huns net.