PDA

View Full Version : Ticket office

Waxy
15-05-2016, 09:47 AM
Anyone know the opening hours for collections this week?

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 09:54 AM
10-5 usually but you can't collect tickets until Wednesday anyway.

Hibernian Verse
15-05-2016, 09:55 AM
Thread hijack alert - have we sold out yet?

GreenCastle
15-05-2016, 09:57 AM
I find it so odd you can't collect tickets till Wednesday if you ordered them in the 1st wave.

I understand they want to get the latest batch ready to send out and collect but surely they can have a couple people handing out tickets booked in 1st wave.

Going to be pretty busy now Wednesday - Thursday and Friday

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Thread hijack alert - have we sold out yet?

Not sold out yet, indeed I heard there was a separate queue for returning cup final tickets on Saturday after Friday's defeat. Couldn't believe it myself.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 09:58 AM
I find it so odd you can't collect tickets till Wednesday if you ordered them in the 1st wave.

I understand they want to get the latest batch ready to send out and collect but surely they can have a couple people handing out tickets booked in 1st wave.

I thought it was the second wave you can't collect until Wednesday?

eastterrace
15-05-2016, 09:59 AM
I find it so odd you can't collect tickets till Wednesday if you ordered them in the 1st wave. I understand they want to get the latest batch ready to send out and collect but surely they can have a couple people handing out tickets booked in 1st wave. Going to be pretty busy now Wednesday - Thursday and Friday I bought mine in the first wave and collected them yesterday

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Not sold out yet, indeed I heard there was a separate queue for returning cup final tickets on Saturday after Friday's defeat. Couldn't believe it myself.

Nae chance, someone yanking your chain:wink:

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 10:02 AM
Nae chance, someone yanking your chain:wink:

Just what I heard mate. Some angry exchanges between fans and ticket office staff as they refused refunds.

GreenCastle
15-05-2016, 10:03 AM

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Just what I heard mate. Some angry exchanges between fans and ticket office staff as they refused refunds.

Just what the TO staff need, is more unjust abuse:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 10:04 AM

We know. You've told us before.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 10:05 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160515/0e0c8068f389cb70c382c8e2c6b4870a.jpg

No queues at the moment. Head down now.

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2016, 10:08 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160515/0e0c8068f389cb70c382c8e2c6b4870a.jpg

No queues at the moment. Head down now.

:fishin::fishin:

Nice try:cb

Waxy
15-05-2016, 10:21 AM

Thanks

Scouse Hibee
15-05-2016, 10:23 AM

Refunds for cup final tickets,aye good one!

Ged
15-05-2016, 11:00 AM
Refunds for cup final tickets,aye good one!

He'll believe anything.

RIP
15-05-2016, 11:58 AM

My and several mates were there Saturday. Didn't happen. Nobody would be daft enough to stand in a queue selling cup final tickets and ask for a refund.

HibbyDave
15-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Ticket office closed on Sunday....................would have been perfect for collections but oh no, lets get folk to take time off work.

hibee_girl
15-05-2016, 02:41 PM
Ticket office closed on Sunday....................would have been perfect for collections but oh no, lets get folk to take time off work.

Surely the ticket office staff are entitled to a day off?

Waxy
15-05-2016, 02:44 PM
Surely the ticket office staff are entitled to a day off?No chance.Dont they already get nights off?

HibbyDave
15-05-2016, 02:48 PM

Normally yes. But short time frame till match, lots to do alledgedly in ticket distribution etc. Loads of businesses operate on a sunday. On this occasion I think it would have been justified to have some staff available for ticket collection if nothing else.

Waxy
15-05-2016, 02:52 PM
Plus after this week they can relax.They must have at least a month off.They can employ one lassie who'll sit and drink a gallon of tea and wonder when someones going to buy the next season ticket.

Speedy
15-05-2016, 04:23 PM

Opening today 100% made sense, it should have been open.

Speedy
15-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Is it open on Saturday?

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2016, 04:36 PM

Do you know the incredibly long hours the TO staff have been working recently? Allowed a Sunday rest, no?

hibs69
15-05-2016, 04:40 PM
Shirley they have enough staff to rotate and have the places open on a Sunday, during this time? It's only one week. Some people make it sound as if it's been the same folk strapped to their seats for weeks. I agree, today could've made their week so much easier.

marinello59
15-05-2016, 04:40 PM
Do you know the incredibly long hours the TO staff have been working recently? Allowed a Sunday rest, no?

There must have been a case for the club contracting out the cup final sales given the pressure the ticket office staff were already under with the play offs.

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2016, 04:42 PM
There must have been a case for the club contracting out the cup final sales given the pressure the ticket office staff were already under with the play offs.

There were temps in, but they have to be trained adding to time constraints.

It certainly isn't as easy as people think it is......

Speedy
15-05-2016, 04:48 PM

I've no idea how long they've been working but that happens in many businesses.

If needs be then offer them double time and you'd get volunteers.

Edit: you also have to remember it's our last game of the season. They'd have planned to fit in sales & collections for the Killie game so that's hours that are no longer required.

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2016, 05:42 PM
I've no idea how long they've been working but that happens in many businesses.

If needs be then offer them double time and you'd get volunteers.

Edit: you also have to remember it's our last game of the season. They'd have planned to fit in sales & collections for the Killie game so that's hours that are no longer required.

That doesn't happen at our Club

Speedy
15-05-2016, 06:00 PM
That doesn't happen at our Club

Maybe it should.

Kojock
15-05-2016, 06:14 PM

Source.

Scouse Hibee
15-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Source.

HP

marinello59
15-05-2016, 06:58 PM
Source.

Some sad *******s imagination I would say.

Sir David Gray
15-05-2016, 07:05 PM

:faf: We could have lost 15-0 on Friday night to an under 16s side and I still wouldn't have been returning my ticket for the cup final.

Scouse Hibee
15-05-2016, 07:07 PM
:faf: We could have lost 15-0 on Friday night to an under 16s side and I still wouldn't have been returning my ticket for the cup final.

Nah you couldn't miss two on the bounce.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 07:11 PM

Everybody's different.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Maybe it should.

Why should it? Just because theres tickets to be dished out? Even if they did offer it theres no requirement for the staff to take up the offer. They are entitled to a day off to spend quality time with their families.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 07:14 PM
He'll believe anything.

Oft, whoosh.

Sir David Gray
15-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Nah you couldn't miss two on the bounce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie53_NTRxvM

:wink:

Glory Lurker
15-05-2016, 07:33 PM
What's the story about returning tickets? When was it announced you can do that? What about folk like me that haven't collected their ticket yet? I'm being penalised just cos I haven't picked my ticket up. Shambles of a system. :grr:

Speedy
15-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Why should it? Just because theres tickets to be dished out? Even if they did offer it theres no requirement for the staff to take up the offer. They are entitled to a day off to spend quality time with their families.

In a word, yes.

As it stands:

there is a lot of work to be done
large queues are anticipated
the ticket office doesn't have the capacity to deal with collections on Monday or Tuesday (this would release some of the pressure)
wave 2 was moved meaning there isn't an opportunity to collect at a weekend (it is unclear whether collecting on Saturday is an option)
staff would have been prepped to work Tuesday night for the Killie game but this is no longer required so hours have been cut

I'm not suggesting people are dragged in against their will. In my experience of these type jobs, you'll get someone willing to do the hours - particularly if there's an incentive.

shezer
16-05-2016, 09:37 PM
If I purchase a ticket can it be collected from Hampden? I won't get to the ticket office until 9am on Saturday. Thanks

Hermit Crab
16-05-2016, 09:38 PM
If I purchase a ticket can it be collected from Hampden? I won't get to the ticket office until 9am on Saturday. Thanks

No.

Waxy
16-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Think its shut on Saturday. Might be wrong.

shezer
16-05-2016, 09:39 PM
No.

Ok. Thanks.

RoYO!
16-05-2016, 10:02 PM
No.

Do you know this for a fact? Hibs have allowed people to pick up tickets from Hampden in the past

lucky
16-05-2016, 10:04 PM
In a word, yes.

As it stands:

there is a lot of work to be done
large queues are anticipated
the ticket office doesn't have the capacity to deal with collections on Monday or Tuesday (this would release some of the pressure)
wave 2 was moved meaning there isn't an opportunity to collect at a weekend (it is unclear whether collecting on Saturday is an option)
staff would have been prepped to work Tuesday night for the Killie game but this is no longer required so hours have been cut

I'm not suggesting people are dragged in against their will. In my experience of these type jobs, you'll get someone willing to do the hours - particularly if there's an incentive.

Hibs don't employ enough staff in the TO but there are temps in helping but as a fair employer they've given overworked staff a day off.

Hermit Crab
16-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Do you know this for a fact? Hibs have allowed people to pick up tickets from Hampden in the past

If that was a serious option don't you think the club would have announced it by now?

Speedy
16-05-2016, 10:22 PM
If that was a serious option don't you think the club would have announced it by now?

Is the ticket office open on Saturday?

Santa Cruz
16-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Is the ticket office open on Saturday?

No, from the website;

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6504

Supporters are reminded that tickets purchased must be collected by 5pm on Friday – the Ticket Office will not be open on Saturday.

Speedy
16-05-2016, 10:40 PM
No, from the website;

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6504

Supporters are reminded that tickets purchased must be collected by 5pm on Friday – the Ticket Office will not be open on Saturday.

Cheers!

gegs70
16-05-2016, 11:39 PM
Ticket office have coped fairly well, but a few times I had isues with trying to process season tickets and they never answered the phones. im sure a few people had issues like this with trying to buy cup final tickets after buying season tickets.....it just would have been easier if the had a point of contact rather than always having to head down to the ticket office as no one answered the phone!!

HibbyDave
17-05-2016, 06:12 AM
Incredible. We have a total of 21000 tickets to be sold/ distributed. It's lucky that it's not a really busy event. Concert toursetc seem to sell out in minutes for hundreds of thousands of tickets. Only football clubs make life difficult for the paying customer. I can't believe it's really so hard of course concert tour operators don't have to contend with shambolic loyalty point systems or massive groups of people " needing to sit together" maybe I'm just being too hard on the TO but I thought Sunday would have been a good day for those who work or have to travel for collection.

hibsfan
17-05-2016, 06:37 AM
Just to warn you all - I spent 40 minutes at Easter Road yesterday - and there wasn't even a Q! I was just collecting tickets - turned out they lost them in the office!

Eventually - they agreed to change them for three new tickets - apparently the last three seats available together - this will sell out this morning

SouthMoroccoStu
17-05-2016, 09:31 AM

I don't think this is the case.

My Dad just picked up our tickets this morning - no problems

1st Wave purchase

GGTTH

:flag:

Hermit Crab
17-05-2016, 09:36 AM
I don't think this is the case.

My Dad just picked up our tickets this morning - no problems

1st Wave purchase

GGTTH

:flag:

Yeah thats right. Wave 2 purchases have to wait until Wednesday though.

GreenCastle
17-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Just been down to ticket office to collect tickets from wave 1 and got them in 2 minutes.

Very easy and well done to the staff.

I would advise anyone who needs to collect from wave 1 to head down as quiet.

Hillsidehibby
17-05-2016, 03:25 PM
Yeah thats right. Wave 2 purchases have to wait until Wednesday though.

Just picked Wave 2 tickets up from ticket office.

SJM
17-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Any idea what time the ticket office closes on Friday?

Thanks in advance.

Callum7
17-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Any idea what time the ticket office closes on Friday?

Thanks in advance.

"Supporters are reminded that tickets purchased must be collected by 5pm on Friday – the Ticket Office will not be open on Saturday. "

Nicho87
17-05-2016, 06:39 PM
Has wave 2 tickets been sent out by special delivery does anyone know? Or received yet?

Since90+2
17-05-2016, 06:40 PM
Has wave 2 tickets been sent out by special delivery does anyone know? Or received yet?

Ordered mine on Saturday morning but nothing received yet.

Nicho87
17-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Ordered mine on Saturday morning but nothing received yet.

Me too mate, not in during day either will royal mail take back to local sorting office most likely or attempt to deliver again next day?

Since90+2
17-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Me too mate, not in during day either will royal mail take back to local sorting office most likely or attempt to deliver again next day?

They will leave a card for you to take to your nearest Royal Mail sorting office to collect it.

Nicho87
17-05-2016, 06:47 PM
They will leave a card for you to take to your nearest Royal Mail sorting office to collect it.

Cheers. Mon the postie.

Ronniekirk
17-05-2016, 07:01 PM
Cheers. Mon the postie.

Bought mine Saturday and came today wasn't in So cant collect till tomorrow now from post office So efficient

RoYO!
17-05-2016, 07:08 PM

They have offered it in the past. Ticket pick up from merchandise booths.

If hibs announced it too many people would just think och I'll get them at the game. If there are tickets not picked up I find it hard to think that hibs would just leave them lying in the TO.

Obviously don't bank on it! And I'm not saying this is what they WILL do. Just that it may still be an option.

SeanWilson
18-05-2016, 06:46 AM
Does the ticket office open as normal at 10am this week? Just wondering if it is opening early at all?

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-05-2016, 07:12 AM

If you ordered by Special Delivery you must be in to sign for it if not they will leave a card for re-delivery or you can pick up at the sorting office.

HIBERNIAN-0762
18-05-2016, 07:13 AM
Bought mine Saturday and came today wasn't in So cant collect till tomorrow now from post office So efficient

All signed for post must be...ahem...signed for, no point in getting it sent by this method and not being in.

nicol1234
18-05-2016, 08:12 AM
Anyone know how flexible they are about waiting 48 hours before collecting? Got my ticket yesterday but only going to have a chance this afternoon to collect?

SJM
18-05-2016, 08:27 AM
"Supporters are reminded that tickets purchased must be collected by 5pm on Friday – the Ticket Office will not be open on Saturday. "

Thanks mate I'll be down the back of three then.