15-05-2016, 12:43 AM
Thought he worked his erse off last night, does he start on sarurday? I hope so

FromTheCapital
15-05-2016, 12:45 AM
He has to. Simple as that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJP
15-05-2016, 12:56 AM
Gutted for him. Should be a hero right now but has hardly had a mention.

Hi Heid Yin
15-05-2016, 01:11 AM
Keatings for me has to be a starter and ahead of Cummings.
Cummings can make a cameo appearance later on in the game should we require his services.

Pete
15-05-2016, 01:16 AM
Keatings, Cummings, Stokes...Dagnall and Boyle waiting in the wings. Dunno who to pick.

An embarrassment of riches up front yet so ****ing toothless.

Irony or what?:rolleyes:

Alex Trager
15-05-2016, 01:24 AM
Keatings for me has to be a starter and ahead of Cummings.
Cummings can make a cameo appearance later on in the game should we require his services.

Problem with Stubbs is his inn ability to make an impact sub.

Cummings and Boyle yesterday at around 65-70 would have seen us in a much better position IMO.

If he doesn't start Cummimgs I'd expect him around 80 when the
Game is dead next week.

Prove me
Wrong Stubbs. So we can all be so so so drunk this time in 168 hours

MWHIBBIES
15-05-2016, 01:32 AM
Keatings, Cummings, Stokes...Dagnall and Boyle waiting in the wings. Dunno who to pick.

An embarrassment of riches up front yet so ****ing toothless.

Irony or what?:rolleyes:We scored 4 goals against Falkirk, going forward wasn't our problem.

Pete
15-05-2016, 01:54 AM
We scored 4 goals against Falkirk, going forward wasn't our problem.

How many times did we get bogged down though and how many chances did we miss when we eventually did create openings?

Our chances to goals ratio isn't favourable when compared to others and it's just as much to blame as our defensive frailties. Even more so perhaps.

However, the last game is against Rangers which is a different kettle of fish to the normal park the bus pish. We will get chances but we will need to improve our defence if we are to win.

GreenLake
15-05-2016, 02:41 AM
Gutted for him. Should be a hero right now but has hardly had a mention.

Absolutely right. I felt like his pain must have exceeded mine by far. He stepped up big time.

I hope he gets a reward on Saturday. It will be well deserved.

J-C
15-05-2016, 07:10 AM

This.

He should play 3 at the back like he did at ER but for me the reason we have struggled to stop goals is our midfield has either been naff and/or tired. You have to defend from the front, Keatings does more than Cummings in chasing down the ball, our midfield start off ok but capitulate later on when the legs start to go and Stubbs forgets he has players on the bench to change things.

northstandhibby
15-05-2016, 07:32 AM
This.

He should play 3 at the back like he did at ER but for me the reason we have struggled to stop goals is our midfield has either been naff and/or tired. You have to defend from the front, Keatings does more than Cummings in chasing down the ball, our midfield start off ok but capitulate later on when the legs start to go and Stubbs forgets he has players on the bench to change things.

Unfortunately yet positively a whole week to prepare for the final should give the players what will seem like a long break from playing. They've played so many games in a short space of time that a week off should see them fresh and eager to play come Saturday. Substitutes at key points in the game could be crucial as previous posters on this thread have referred to. I think having the full week off might see the players refreshed and less tired than we have seen them for some time.

GGTTH

Cool_Hand_Luke
15-05-2016, 07:36 AM
Difficult one...he has probably earned the right to start after Friday's performance....but Cummings has a knack of scoring against the Rangers....big decision for Stubbs...

Frazerbob
15-05-2016, 10:15 AM

Add in the ridiculous penalty & Gray's header off the post in the home leg then JC's outrageous shot in the away that nearly broke the bar and you are bang on, up front wasn't the issue. An inability to deal huge punts/throws into the box was and has been on numerous occasions.

Scouse Hibee
15-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Stubb's will **** up on that decision anaw.

Smartie
15-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Problem with Stubbs is his inn ability to make an impact sub.

Cummings and Boyle yesterday at around 65-70 would have seen us in a much better position IMO.

If he doesn't start Cummimgs I'd expect him around 80 when the
Game is dead next week.

Prove me
Wrong Stubbs. So we can all be so so so drunk this time in 168 hours

I just can't believe Stubbs didn't fling on Fontaine or Gunnarson with about 20 minutes to go to help us deal with the inevitable aerial onslaught.

A back 3 of Fontaine, Hanlon and McGregor with Bartley in front would have taken some getting through.

Although I can accept that we were playing well at the time and a third goal would have all but killed it off.

Borderhibbie76
15-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Why not Keats n Cummings and drop Stokes?? 0 goals in 10 now??

My_Wife_Camille
15-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Cummings and Stokes for me.

Waxy
15-05-2016, 11:41 AM

Didnt they play together before Stokes arrived? Keatings hattrick at St Mirren?

easty
15-05-2016, 11:43 AM

:agree:

Logie
15-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Has to be Cummings and stokes... Cummings is the better player and his goal scoring proves that! Keatings had a good game Friday night but you have to play your best players in a final and imo that's Cummings & Stokes.

polarbear
15-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Cummings and Keatings for me.
I liked Stokes in his first spell but he's been a failure this time around.
There's something not right with the guy. He has great talent but doesn't look motivated or on form.

Borderhibbie76
15-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Seriously??they just don't work as a pair for me

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
15-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Didnt they play together before Stokes arrived? Keatings hattrick at St Mirren?
Yes they did

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

silverhibee
15-05-2016, 11:58 AM

Has to be.

Alex Trager
15-05-2016, 11:59 AM
I just can't believe Stubbs didn't fling on Fontaine or Gunnarson with about 20 minutes to go to help us deal with the inevitable aerial onslaught.

A back 3 of Fontaine, Hanlon and McGregor with Bartley in front would have taken some getting through.

Although I can accept that we were playing well at the time and a third goal would have all but killed it off.

Mind blowing mate. Totally mind blowing.

Bringing a sub on at 84 mins. Huston is making three subs at around 60-70 and he still ignores it.

It's nuts

IanFaeClerrie
15-05-2016, 12:04 PM
Has to be Cummings and stokes... Cummings is the better player and his goal scoring proves that! Keatings had a good game Friday night but you have to play your best players in a final and imo that's Cummings & Stokes.

The two of them together are the best statement of the utter naivety of Stubbs. They are both, seperately, very limited - cannot tackle, cannot pass, cannot take a man on, first touch is horrible, play with their heads down. Together, they are even worse. Stokes taking it off Cummings with five mnutes to go on Friday! Never want to see them again.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-05-2016, 12:07 PM
Mind blowing mate. Totally mind blowing.

Bringing a sub on at 84 mins. Huston is making three subs at around 60-70 and he still ignores it.

It's nuts

Should have been Cummings for Stokes/Keats and Fontaine/Gunnarson for Fyvie(who was having a bit of a shocker) after 70 mins. Freshen things up and get some extra height in defence for the inevitable long throw and hoofs into the box. Instead we got Cummings once it was 2-2

Libby Hibby
15-05-2016, 12:14 PM

Just been discussing the same, our best period of the season, October/November, was when these 2 played together.

IanFaeClerrie
15-05-2016, 12:16 PM
Should have been Cummings for Stokes/Keats and Fontaine/Gunnarson for Fyvie(who was having a bit of a shocker) after 70 mins. Freshen things up and get some extra height in defence for the inevitable long throw and hoofs into the box. Instead we got Cummings once it was 2-2

Fyvie was better than McGinn, Henderson, McGeough, Stokes and Gray. Our most creative player by a light year.

MWHIBBIES
15-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Just been discussing the same, our best period of the season, October/November, was when these 2 played together.
No because Keatings was at the tip of the diamond and Dom and JC were up front.

Libby Hibby
15-05-2016, 12:21 PM
No because Keatings was at the tip of the diamond and Dom and JC were up front.

Still our best period of the season

Bostonhibby
15-05-2016, 12:24 PM
Keatings must play in the final. Never afraid to have a shot and scored last time out. No brainer for me. I'm more concerned about how many we are conceding and the last fifteen minutes in general

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-05-2016, 12:50 PM
Fyvie was better than McGinn, Henderson, McGeough, Stokes and Gray. Our most creative player by a light year.

Nah not for me. Certainly not second half. Was starting to look nervous on the ball, gave it away a few times, passed it straight out the park attempting a 5 yard pass after about 70 mins. Should have went 3-5-2 to see it out. Henderson was needed for his deliveries. Gray obv wouldn't have been subbed if we went to 3-5-2, already said Stokes should have been hooked at the same time for Cummings. McGeough was already off. Bartley was prob worse than Fyvie but he had already come on as a sub.

Logie
15-05-2016, 12:56 PM
The two of them together are the best statement of the utter naivety of Stubbs. They are both, seperately, very limited - cannot tackle, cannot pass, cannot take a man on, first touch is horrible, play with their heads down. Together, they are even worse. Stokes taking it off Cummings with five mnutes to go on Friday! Never want to see them again.

Yeah I'm pretty sure stokes didn't get his head up or make a good pass on Friday night for Keatings goal? Cummings came on and didn't beat a man either? He nearly broke the bar ffs! Get a grip.

hibs69
15-05-2016, 12:57 PM
Wind up. Better than McGinn & Mcgeough?

Definitely amazing how we all see the games. If Fyvie was leaving, I'd be there to hold the door open.

MWHIBBIES
15-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Wind up. Better than McGinn & Mcgeough?

Definitely amazing how we all see the games. If Fyvie was leaving, I'd be there to hold the door open.And he'd walk straight into a team playing in a higher division than us, ****ing madness to let him go for free.

hibs69
15-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Never said let him go for free, no one should leave for free......., but Fyvie always looks a few seconds away from a howler. Always looks uncomfortable when being closed down. Excellent through balls at times, but the flappyness outweighs that. Opinion though.

Smartie
15-05-2016, 01:16 PM
Never said let him go for free, no one should leave for free......., but Fyvie always looks a few seconds away from a howler. Always looks uncomfortable when being closed down. Excellent through balls at times, but the flappyness outweighs that. Opinion though.

If he's as bad as you make out, why would anyone give us money for him?

hibs69
15-05-2016, 01:21 PM
Like I said, it's all about opinions. There are fans who rate Fyvie........., and there will be people in football who rate him also, with dough. So why let him go for nowt? In fact, do the opposite, hold out for a much as possible. It's a great feeling getting more money for something that isn't as good. My *****y mountain bike last week is a GREAT example.

mcfly
15-05-2016, 01:33 PM

👍