PDA

View Full Version : Dumbarton FC

cleanyman
14-05-2016, 10:55 PM
Was at a dinner tonight raising money for Dumbarton football club. Fair to say we were the brunt of the jokes for the full three hours.

What did shine through was the fans dream that they had played teams like Rangers, Hearts and Hibs over the past few years and the reinforcement of community football as they call it.

Get it sorted Hibs and get promoted next year.

On a plus note I did win hospitality.

GGTTH

Paisley Hibby
14-05-2016, 11:17 PM
Was at a dinner tonight raising money for Dumbarton football club. Fair to say we were the brunt of the jokes for the full three hours.

What did shine through was the fans dream that they had played teams like Rangers, Hearts and Hibs over the past few years and the reinforcement of community football as they call it.

Get it sorted Hibs and get promoted next year.

On a plus note I did win hospitality.

GGTTH

Take it their director Les Hope was there? He's a man that seems to hate Hibs with every fibre of his being. I've no idea why.

Just Jimmy
14-05-2016, 11:35 PM
They'll never be half the club we are.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bishop Hibee
14-05-2016, 11:40 PM
I'm both poor and petty minded so would never fund another club other than Hibs apart from gate money. That said, well done to Dumbarton fans for not supporting the OF.

Pete
14-05-2016, 11:42 PM
They'll never be half the club we are.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They'll never be a tenth of the club we are but its good if they are doing work in the community and getting at least some people in that area to recognise their local team.

I'm not surprised we are the butt of jokes either as we're giving people enough material. We have to be bigger than that, shrug our shoulders and laugh along to an extent. We'll get there eventually and have the last laugh...you never know, we might only have to wait a week.

MWHIBBIES
14-05-2016, 11:45 PM
What are Scottish football fans going to talk about if we win next weekend? Pathetic bunch obsessed with Hibs failure.

15-05-2016, 12:04 AM
Take it their director Les Hope was there? He's a man that seems to hate Hibs with every fibre of his being. I've no idea why.

I'd question if he actually supports Dumbarton. Probably actually supports one of the ugly sisters.

JJP
15-05-2016, 12:05 AM
What are Scottish football fans going to talk about if we win next weekend? Pathetic bunch obsessed with Hibs failure.

Agreed. **** them all.

Pete
15-05-2016, 12:08 AM

They'll be talking about us either way. The key is not to give a **** :greengrin

Renfrew_Hibby
15-05-2016, 07:19 AM
I work in Greenock and for some time now we've been joke material for even Morton fans. This Hibsit phrase is really catching on. Guys that don't know I support Hibs now just chuck it into a conversation about anything that's cocked up.
The only way to get over all of this is to win this league and to win it convincingly.
Whether we are up to the task, I'm not so sure.

SpaceBob
15-05-2016, 07:39 AM
I work in Greenock and for some time now we've been joke material for even Morton fans. This Hibsit phrase is really catching on. Guys that don't know I support Hibs now just chuck it into a conversation about anything that's cocked up.
The only way to get over all of this is to win this league and to win it convincingly.
Whether we are up to the task, I'm not so sure.

The fraze you mention is bull, other teams cock up all the time & regular, I remember Newcastle blowing a massive points gap between them & Man Utd & not to recent Liverpool done the same. On a historical note Hearts have chucked three league titles away on the last day of the season.