PDA

View Full Version : How far are you coming for the Cup Final?

PatHead
14-05-2016, 09:02 PM
I was asked if I had any spare tickets for someone from Australia and managed to get one from a friend of a friend. Made me wonder how far folk are travelling?

stantonhibby
14-05-2016, 09:04 PM
I was asked if I had any spare tickets for someone from Australia and managed to get one from a friend of a friend. Made me wonder how far folk are travelling?

Corstorphine

The Green Goblin
14-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Prague in 2001, Sao Paulo in 2012 and now Lisbon in 2016.

Lots of others coming from much further away than me. Huge respect to the lads coming over from the US, Asia and Australia. :aok: I think there's a boy coming from Alaska! Amazing!

Green Reaper
14-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Me Southside, mate I am going with Hong Kong

PatHead
14-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Well done to those travelling a long way.

We have a bus going from the village will only take us an hour and a half.

Always admire the folk who come most weeks from Lancashire, Aberdeen and the likes.

stantonhibby
14-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Corstorphine

I should say I do have a friend flying from Saudi for the game.

Callum7
14-05-2016, 09:15 PM
I'm coming from a place called Edinburgh you might of heard of it:greengrin

Hiber-nation
14-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Mussy via Leith and Bathgate.

Hermit Crab
14-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Anyone who is travelling from abroad should start a spare ticket thread.

Virginia Hibs
14-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Virginia, fly out of Richmond on Wednesday to Newark, flight to Edinburgh that night arrive Thurs morning.

People coming from a lot further than me though! [emoji1319]

Hibs are not just for Christmas! Glory, Glory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
14-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Falkirk so I have a shorter journey to Hampden than most people.

marinello59
14-05-2016, 09:24 PM
Falkirk so I have a shorter journey to Hampden than most people.

True.
But you do have to return to Falkirk afterwards so respect.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-05-2016, 09:25 PM
Forfar. So that is for far.

Sir David Gray
True.
But you do have to return to Falkirk afterwards so respect.

If all goes to plan, my return to Falkirk might not be for a few days afterwards. :greengrin

LancashireHibby
Two from Leigh and one Warrington in our car (bloody trains knackered again).

Bishop Hibee
14-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Back from the brink after Friday.

Sergey
14-05-2016, 09:31 PM
I'm contented in the fact that I've facilitated tickets for some folks travelling from the USA, Canada and the Middle East that had no access to tickets. One poster even offered to buy two debenture packages, not use them, so he could simply meet with us after the match.

It is incredible the lengths folks go to (and I declined the cash and have offered our company FOC).

Virginia Hibs
14-05-2016, 09:32 PM

My actual Hampden journey on the day will be from Kirrie so not too far far Forfar!

Lancs Harp
14-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Travelling to Glasgow via the Harp and Castle bus, I'm arriving in Leith on Friday from Lytham St Annes.

Might never return home if we win.

Bristolhibby
14-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Virginia, fly out of Richmond on Wednesday to Newark, flight to Edinburgh that night arrive Thurs morning.

People coming from a lot further than me though! [emoji1319]

Hibs are not just for Christmas! Glory, Glory!

Used to live in Virginia when I was a kid. What part do you live in? We used to live in Norfolk.

J

Virginia Hibs
14-05-2016, 09:51 PM
We're in Chesterfield just outside of Richmond

hibs4life
14-05-2016, 09:53 PM
Used to live in Virginia when I was a kid. What part do you live in? We used to live in Norfolk.

J

Norfolk, Virginia! It's where Chuck Berry left for The Promised Land (California on his mind).
I think we're all hoping for some kind of Promised Land on Saturday...

The Green Goblin
15-05-2016, 12:25 AM
I'm contented in the fact that I've facilitated tickets for some folks travelling from the USA, Canada and the Middle East that had no access to tickets. One poster even offered to buy two debenture packages, not use them, so he could simply meet with us after the match.

It is incredible the lengths folks go to (and I declined the cash and have offered our company FOC).

Up until this final, the club used to look after overseas people like that by guaranteeing them one ticket. Not any more, but I'm not sure why. Glad u could help some of them. :aok:

Forza Fred
15-05-2016, 12:31 AM
Up until this final, the club used to look after overseas people like that by guaranteeing them one ticket. Not any more, but I'm not sure why. Glad u could help some of them. :aok:

Probably because after the seven years or so there have been so many disappointed Hibbies emigrating to flee the pain and suffering, and there's thousands seeking tickets!:greengrin

celthedd1
15-05-2016, 01:32 AM
Probably because after the seven years or so there have been so many disappointed Hibbies emigrating to flee the pain and suffering, and there's thousands seeking tickets!:greengrin

Cathcart

GreenLake
15-05-2016, 04:08 AM

You have made a great effort and helped a lot of people from all over. :top marks

Hit me up when you come to LA.

JON6207
15-05-2016, 07:06 AM
Gold Coast, Queensland. Just for the weekend. :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
15-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Well done to those travelling a long way.

We have a bus going from the village will only take us an hour and a half.

Always admire the folk who come most weeks from Lancashire, Aberdeen and the likes.

Aside of Hibs List and the various incantations that became Hibs.net I got my first real appreciation of how Global and dedicated Hibs fans are when I was down in London around 97. There were guys that came to the meetings for as far afield as Dover and (probably more) two fanatical legends in my eyes - Pat and Alex heads up to every game home and away.

But the passion of the folks organising - Kev, Brian, Mike, Stuart and the other core members just showed me we that with the fans we have its a crying shame the football gods don't smile down on us more often.

PompeyHibs
15-05-2016, 07:23 AM
Hampshire

hibshibshibs84
15-05-2016, 07:27 AM
Fife.
not that far but I do have to cross a bridge.

Renfrew_Hibby
15-05-2016, 07:34 AM
Renfrew to Hampdump. Short journey and home quick when it all ends horribly

Sproule Three
15-05-2016, 08:44 AM
I know there are 11 Hibees from Sydney - 5 on my flight !
I think there's at least 20 that I know of from Aus/NZ .
Spare a though for Ian from Dunedin who's already been on go for 9 hours before he makes the 25 hour trek from Sydney . Makes my trip seem like a commute -;)
Must be the furthest travelled Hibee at Hampden

15-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Fair play to those coming from Australia, America, New Zealand etc. Thats some effort :thumbsup::top marks

Wishing you all a safe journey over and hopefully you return home happy!

DaveSo
15-05-2016, 01:07 PM
My brother is flying in from Kuala Lumpa on Thursday.
He couldn't bear to not be there if we win.

Killiehibbie
15-05-2016, 01:11 PM
I think i'll be going in a taxi, couldn't put up with huns on bus or train.

MoscowHibs
15-05-2016, 01:17 PM

Me tae. Always hae spare seats in the motor anytime ye want a lift doon. I travel to Moscow on the Sunday, then on to a place called Mineralnye Vody, 10 hour treck, so if we win the champers will hae to be put on ice, no flying with a sore nut, tho might indulge in British Airways and S7's finest malts.

ALF TUPPER
15-05-2016, 01:32 PM
I'm coming from the depths of dispair ! :panic:

StokePogesHibs
15-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Bringing my daughter from Arkansas. In 13 years she has never seen Hibs lose a match and probably been to 20 games in that time on trips home. This will be my 13th Final in Glasgow since 79 when I went to all 3 games. We can't be superstitious and looking forward to a fabulous 40 hours in Scotland before heading back home on Sunday.:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Bringing my daughter from Arkansas. In 13 years she has never seen Hibs lose a match and probably been to 20 games in that time on trips home. This will be my 13th Final in Glasgow since 79 when I went to all 3 games. We can't be superstitious and looking forward to a fabulous 40 hours in Scotland before heading back home on Sunday.:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

:not worth:applause::applause:

You sorted for tickets?

southern hibby
15-05-2016, 10:26 PM
I'm coming from a place called Edinburgh you might of heard of it:greengrin

Which Edinburgh??? Capital of Scotland or Capital of Tristian De Cunha???

Yes I'm a smart Alex lol

GGTTH

IberianHibernian
15-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Spain . Incidentally longest ( in terms of time and maybe money ) will probably be Hibby who travels from southern Spain by train ( almost 2 days each way ) . I`ve been to every SC final since 1972 so couldn`t miss this one . Hopefully see us win this time but if not then this time next year .

Diclonius
15-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Falkirk High-Queen Street, Central-King's Park. Easy.

OsloHibs
16-05-2016, 01:43 AM
I'll be there, got a ticket! Cannot wait.

Jamesie
16-05-2016, 03:26 AM
Managua, Nicaragua, after a few weeks of travelling. Booked up in January before the Hertz game and ensured I would land back into Edinburgh on match day morning just in case - glad I did now!

flash
16-05-2016, 05:57 AM
Great thread to lift the spirits especially when there are posts on this forum from folk in Edinburgh saying they can't face it. They need to grow a set.

haagsehibby
16-05-2016, 06:07 AM
From the Netherlands. In Thursday, back on Sunday (hopefully with a post win hangover) !

buktapurple79
16-05-2016, 06:31 AM
Got a mate coming over from Thunder Bay in Canada on Wednesday - he's here for 3 weeks. Got treated to a hospitality ticket for Saturday by the lush! Top man!

Callum7
16-05-2016, 06:34 AM
Which Edinburgh??? Capital of Scotland or Capital of Tristian De Cunha???

Yes I'm a smart Alex lol

GGTTH

The third one:aok:

easty
16-05-2016, 06:51 AM

My mate is coming from Australia and he got an email from Dempster the other day guaranteeing him a ticket. He didn't have to take her up on it, but it shows the club are looking to guarantee overseas folk a ticket to the game.

Hibernian Verse
16-05-2016, 07:12 AM
Inverkeithing :greengrin

Agnes Gordon
16-05-2016, 07:20 AM
Belfast

HibbyScott
16-05-2016, 07:32 AM
Driving up from Suffolk on Friday after work. 7 hour drive back, Cup Final on Saturday, 7 hour back down the road at some point on Sunday!

Bostonhibby
16-05-2016, 07:37 AM
Driving up from Lincolnshire again. One day I will see us win and not have the usual journey back. We make that many semi-final and final appearances it might be cheaper to move home to Edinburgh.

WHAM
16-05-2016, 07:55 AM
The old boy is flying over from Chicago this afternoon.

He was already booked to come over in July and initially decided it was too much to come over for the final. A week of sleepless nights later and the realisation that he would regret it forever if we win, he knew he couldn't miss it.

Dunedin Hibs
16-05-2016, 08:47 AM
I know there are 11 Hibees from Sydney - 5 on my flight !
I think there's at least 20 that I know of from Aus/NZ .
Spare a though for Ian from Dunedin who's already been on go for 9 hours before he makes the 25 hour trek from Sydney . Makes my trip seem like a commute -;)
Must be the furthest travelled Hibee at Hampden

That's only part of the story Gary. 5 hour bus trip from Dunedin to Christchurch to catch early morning flight to Sydney, then huge stop-over, hoping to catch up with fellow Hibs fan there for a beer or 3 at airport. Then on to Singapore, London and finally Glasgow, then hire car to my folks place. It will be all worth it when we lift the Cup.

Thanks to Ged on here for sorting tickets for me. Awesome guy and proves we are indeed a Hibs family, that look after each other.

Dunedin ( New Edinburgh) is at the bottom of New Zealand. Great place to live. Very Scottish, with places like Princess Street, suburbs called Corstorphine etc (which is pronounced differently). It is where the Scottish settled first in NZ, so has lots of Scottish roots.

We may travel far for one glory game (and unfortunately not now a play off final - which I had penciled in), but I always admire the Hibs fan that turns up week in and week out, travels away from home to support the team. We are all supporters, but you put the hard yards and money into the Club, even though most overseas supporters have international subscription to Hibs TV.

Whatever, we stand proudly together on Saturday to cheer on the 'only team worth supporting' as we battle for the Scottish Cup. We have a good chance if we keep our heads and play the football we know we are capable of. Let's start strong, finish strong and bang a few goals in between. Stubbsy will choose the best team he can, we need to back them all the way, even if we lose an early goal. We can beat Rangers and this is the day to prove that point again.

GGTTH

southern hibby
16-05-2016, 02:54 PM
The third one:aok:

My bad just couldn't help it.

GGTTH

ClewsHibs
16-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Merhcant city area in glasgow. Anyone got a shorter distance to travel?

KanyeWestLower
16-05-2016, 03:06 PM
Thurso!

hibs69
16-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Spain . Incidentally longest ( in terms of time and maybe money ) will probably be Hibby who travels from southern Spain by train ( almost 2 days each way ) . I`ve been to every SC final since 1972 so couldn`t miss this one . Hopefully see us win this time but if not then this time next year .

Iberian, is it ok to ask, why you coming by train?

StokePogesHibs
16-05-2016, 08:22 PM
:not worth:applause::applause:

You sorted for tickets?

Yes thanks. Booked 10 minutes after the whistle of the semi-final. Take no chances when you are light on loyalty points;-)

cheltenhamhibee
17-05-2016, 12:49 AM
Only 424.4 miles from Cheltenham, via Berwick #weargreen :flag:

bubblesmorrison
17-05-2016, 01:40 AM
New York!

The Pointer
17-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Two hours west of the weege with my daughter. Was in the queue last Saturday morning at 0725 with the mother of all hangovers to get my ticket which I eventually did at 1150. Hello to any on here who also froze their balls off.

Because of what's happened every other time I've been to Hampden in May I can't get overly excited, although I probably will on Saturday morning when the Hibs cd gets blasted out. I was also going to book digs in Edinburgh but haven't done so, which probably means we'll win!

OxoHibby
17-05-2016, 09:15 AM
Booked flights from London straight after the semi while sat in Glasgow.
Looking like I wont get a ticket now tho. Whats the chances of picking a couple up outside?

Hermit Crab
17-05-2016, 09:15 AM
Looking like I wont get a ticket now tho. Whats the chances of picking a couple up outside?

Do you realise you have a pm?

flash
17-05-2016, 09:16 AM

Is there nobody with 1 point who could help you?

flash
17-05-2016, 09:16 AM
Looks like HC already has.

Hermit Crab
17-05-2016, 09:25 AM
Looks like HC already has.

Looks like he doesn't check his messages though... Oi Oxo cube!! Check yer inbox. :greengrin

hibs0666
17-05-2016, 09:32 AM

Plenty tickets still available.

Hermit Crab
17-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Plenty tickets still available.

I dont think he's got the point required. Hibs tweeted yesterday they got an additional 900 from hampden. Initial allocation was sold out.

NYHibby
17-05-2016, 09:49 AM
Merhcant city area in glasgow. Anyone got a shorter distance to travel?

I live in the area around Virginia Court so I am closer than many other parts of Merchant City going by straight line distance.

NYHibby
17-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Norfolk, Virginia! It's where Chuck Berry left for The Promised Land (California on his mind).
I think we're all hoping for some kind of Promised Land on Saturday...

Speaking as an American who grew up in a state just north of Virginia, nobody thinks Norfolk is the promise land.

shezer
17-05-2016, 10:58 AM
Cork

HibsMax
17-05-2016, 11:02 PM

Not only did you help me out with a ticket, you helped me out with TWO so I was able to persuade my old man to come with me. That's worth more than the cost of the tickets and travel.

I'm psyched for Saturday even though I'll be half asleep.

You might want to send me your address unless you want to be carrying a jar of BBQ sauce around all day. ;)

HibsMax
17-05-2016, 11:05 PM
I know people are traveling from all over but if I'm honest, traveling back from Boston is a piece of cake compared to those of you going from Australia / New Zealand (and places near there). That's a massive ordeal, especially if you're doing JUST for the weekend.

SingaporeHibs
17-05-2016, 11:07 PM
🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬Singapore Hibs have arrived🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬 its time to do this GGTTH

GreenLake
17-05-2016, 11:09 PM
I know people are traveling from all over but if I'm honest, traveling back from Boston is a piece of cake compared to those of you going from Australia / New Zealand (and places near there). That's a massive ordeal, especially if you're doing JUST for the weekend.

I feel like mine is an easy trip too. 20 mins drive to LAX. Just about to board. Come on the Hibs!

GreenLake
17-05-2016, 11:44 PM
Gary Oldman sitting opposite. Maybe he is a Hibby.

SteveHFC
18-05-2016, 12:06 AM
Gary Oldman sitting opposite. Maybe he is a Hibby.

I'm jealous. :greengrin

GreenLake
18-05-2016, 12:01 PM
I'm jealous. :greengrin

1652616527 If only I had your photographic skills. :greengrin

SteveHFC
18-05-2016, 12:04 PM
1652616527 If only I had your photographic skills. :greengrin

Looks a different man compared to here

http://www.film4.com/media/images/Film4/images/F/the-firm-1988-01.jpg

Haymaker
18-05-2016, 12:07 PM
London! See you all out in Leith on Friday night. Steves buying

GreenLake
18-05-2016, 12:34 PM
Looks a different man compared to here

http://www.film4.com/media/images/Film4/images/F/the-firm-1988-01.jpg

And here 16528

Ringothedog
18-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Only travelling from Gilmerton, BUT............travelling to Glasgow airport early on Saturday morning to pick up my mate who is currently on Holiday in Florida but cutting it short to come back for the game, back to Edinburgh for about 9.00am, quick snack then to train station and hopefully get a train back to Glasgow about 10.45.

so approx 200 miles on the day

Haymaker
18-05-2016, 01:09 PM
Only travelling from Gilmerton, BUT............travelling to Glasgow airport early on Saturday morning to pick up my mate who is currently on Holiday in Florida but cutting it short to come back for the game, back to Edinburgh for about 9.00am, quick snack then to train station and hopefully get a train back to Glasgow about 10.45.

so approx 200 miles on the day

I know a fella who is on holiday in Mexico with his bird and he is flying back, landing Saturday morning I believe, going to the palace game and flying back next available flight!

His bird apparently doesn't know yet. :greengrin

JimBHibees
18-05-2016, 02:08 PM
I know a fella who is on holiday in Mexico with his bird and he is flying back, landing Saturday morning I believe, going to the palace game and flying back next available flight!

:faf::faf: Brilliant.

Hermit Crab
18-05-2016, 03:09 PM

He's a cert to get dumped for that!! :greengrin:greengrin

JimBHibees
18-05-2016, 03:09 PM

Yep not much point him going back after the game.

JimBHibees
18-05-2016, 03:11 PM

Yep not much point him going back after the game only to be met with his girlfriend and her new boyfriend Carlos the body builder. :greengrin

The Green Goblin
18-05-2016, 03:21 PM

Let's hope they win and it was worth it. :greengrin

Haymaker
18-05-2016, 03:24 PM
:faf::faf: Brilliant.

It certainly is. Costing him £1500 extra I think

Rory
18-05-2016, 04:25 PM

He should keep schtum and casually walk back in with a pint of 'leche' 24 hrs later

nycHIBEE
18-05-2016, 04:32 PM
new york as well :thumbsup:

Virginia Hibs
18-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Right fellas the journey is beginning for me! At Richmond airport in the way to Newark. If anybody is on the 9:50pm to Edinburgh give me a shout! Might be time for a beer before the flight!! Glory, Glory!