PDA

View Full Version : We're Hibernian supporters

theonlywayisup
14-05-2016, 07:07 PM
OMG - the past 24 hours has been very very difficult.

I felt last night that the Hibs fans were fantastic. Always encouraging, always singing, with very few negative comments to our players - certainly around me. Some classics - Turnbull Tornadoes, Oh 2 be a hibee etc etc. The fans were (and are) fantastic.

Then that final minutes of dispair - the Cummings shot, the Stokes shoulder (why couldn't he get his head on it) and then the inevitable happens. I briefly thought "why is Hippolyte not taking it". It didn't matter, you knew what was going to happen.

The aftermath. My mate of 50 years plus, almost in tears, The stunned silence, not anger. We couldn't understand what had happened and yet it all felt inevitable.

The car journey home - we blamed everyone from players to managers to referees. We argued, we don't always agree.

I've renewed for next season, and I wonder why. I've had enough. I don't want to play this game anymore.

Today, I didn't want to speak, read, think anything to do with the Hibs. I told my son off for drumming a Hibs song with his hands. And yet, by tea time, I'm thinking "Shanks said no, I don't think so". We're the mental Hibees, alright.

We're Hibernian supporters. We've had knocks, far too many knocks. Yet, we always bounce back.

One day, one day soon. We will be back. We will be back.

theonlywayisup
28-05-2016, 07:16 AM
From misery to happiness indeed..................

OMG - the past 7 days has been one of the best weeks of my life. I've had a permanent smile on my face.

I felt last Saturday that the Hibs fans were fantastic. Always encouraging, always singing, with very few negative comments to our players - certainly around me. The classics again - Turnbull Tornadoes, Oh 2 be a hibee etc etc. The fans were (and are) fantastic.

Then that final minutes of elation - the Stokes header (why couldn't he get his head on it against Falkirk) and then the inevitable happens. After 114 years of hurt and the loss against Ross County and Falkirk, it had to end this way. It was fantastic, you knew it was going to happen.

The aftermath. My mate of 50 years plus, now in tears, The elation. The happiness. The pride to be a Hibee. No misery now. We couldn't understand what had happened and yet it all felt inevitable.

The bus journey home - we laughed, we sung, we cried. We always cry.

I've renewed for next season, and it's the best decision I've made. I'm buzzing, I can't wait for next season.

The past week, all I wanted to do was to speak, read, think anything to do with the Hibs. My whole family have been singing Hibs songs all week - old and young, male and female. This morning I'm still thinking "Shanks said no, I don't think so". We're the mental Hibees, alright.

We're Hibernian supporters. We've had knocks, far too many knocks. Yet, we always bounce back. We've now done that in the best way ever.

One day, one day soon. We will be back again. We will do it again.

s.a.m
28-05-2016, 07:20 AM
:greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
28-05-2016, 07:23 AM
💚💚 🇳🇬🇳🇬🏆🇳🇬🇳🇬😎

Sprouleflyer
28-05-2016, 07:37 AM
A week is a long time in football!

Waxy
28-05-2016, 07:47 AM
From misery to happiness indeed..................

OMG - the past 7 days has been one of the best weeks of my life. I've had a permanent smile on my face.

I felt last Saturday that the Hibs fans were fantastic. Always encouraging, always singing, with very few negative comments to our players - certainly around me. The classics again - Turnbull Tornadoes, Oh 2 be a hibee etc etc. The fans were (and are) fantastic.

Then that final minutes of elation - the Stokes header (why couldn't he get his head on it against Falkirk) and then the inevitable happens. After 114 years of hurt and the loss against Ross County and Falkirk, it had to end this way. It was fantastic, you knew it was going to happen.

The aftermath. My mate of 50 years plus, now in tears, The elation. The happiness. The pride to be a Hibee. No misery now. We couldn't understand what had happened and yet it all felt inevitable.

The bus journey home - we laughed, we sung, we cried. We always cry.

I've renewed for next season, and it's the best decision I've made. I'm buzzing, I can't wait for next season.

The past week, all I wanted to do was to speak, read, think anything to do with the Hibs. My whole family have been singing Hibs songs all week - old and young, male and female. This morning I'm still thinking "Shanks said no, I don't think so". We're the mental Hibees, alright.

We're Hibernian supporters. We've had knocks, far too many knocks. Yet, we always bounce back. We've now done that in the best way ever.

One day, one day soon. We will be back again. We will do it again.

See. You told you so.

Finn2015
28-05-2016, 07:47 AM
Going watch it again today methinks

Caversham Green
28-05-2016, 08:05 AM
A week is a long time in football!

This week hasn't been - can hardly believe that all happened last Saturday.