PDA

View Full Version : Young team next year

bingo70
14-05-2016, 07:01 PM
Trying to remain (or get) positive about next year I was just thinking about our loanees and young players that might get a shot next season, depending on who the manager is. I can only think of the following:-

Stanton
Handling
Harris
Forster
Insall
Martin

I've been less than enthusiastic about a few of them before but I wonder if a harder working lower profile squad might just be the route to go down. Hopefully a wee break away from Hibs might give them a wee bit relief from some of the pressure they were under before.

I suspect I'm clitching at straws a bit but you never know, maybe a manager that promotes the youth players into the first team might just see a different side to these players.

Alfred E Newman
14-05-2016, 07:07 PM
Trying to remain (or get) positive about next year I was just thinking about our loanees and young players that might get a shot next season, depending on who the manager is. I can only think of the following:-

Stanton
Handling
Harris
Forster
Insall
Martin

I've been less than enthusiastic about a few of them before but I wonder if a harder working lower profile squad might just be the route to go down. Hopefully a wee break away from Hibs might give them a wee bit relief from some of the pressure they were under before.

I suspect I'm clitching at straws a bit but you never know, maybe a manager that promotes the youth players into the first team might just see a different side to these players.
The stark truth is we have no youth policy . The conveyor belt of talent coming out of East Mains appears to have broken down and serious questions need to be asked about our scouting and coaching set up.

Eyrie
14-05-2016, 07:09 PM
Stanton, Handling and Harris have already been proved to not be good enough.

Forster looks like going the same way, although a new manager may want him to stay.

Insall and Martin did well this season at a lower level, so I'd give them the chance to step up.

DaveF
14-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Forster is out of contract and I know he got a bad injury in the last few weeks but if Plymouth want to sign him then he'll go there rather than consider us I'd think.

The rest could be worth a shout. Maybe bring Shaw into the squad as well though appreciate he is very young. Not so sure about anyone else coming through aside of them.

stantonhibby
14-05-2016, 07:12 PM
Oli Shaw has scored a few goals for the development team but don't know if he is ready to step up.

bingo70
14-05-2016, 07:12 PM

Forster looks like going the same way, although a new manager may want him to stay.

Insall and Martin did well this season at a lower level, so I'd give them the chance to step up.

Harris and Stanton have also proven they can hack it at this level though, they've just had their confidence shattered for whatever reason.

Handling I just don't get but I suspect he's got more talent than I've ever seen, if we've got a small squad to work with next year he'll need to step up to the plate

DaveF
14-05-2016, 07:15 PM
Harris and Stanton have also proven they can hack it at this level though, they've just had their confidence shattered for whatever reason.

Handling I just don't get but I suspect he's got more talent than I've ever seen, if we've got a small squad to work with next year he'll need to step up to the plate

I'd agree with all of that bingo. We have put all three of these lads into the team when it's been under pressure and under performing and expected them to carry it all.

There will still be pressure next season - as we all know we need to win the league - but they have grown up a bit, had some football elsewhere and might well be ready now for the challenge.

Eyrie
14-05-2016, 07:15 PM

Harris and Stanton were sent on loan to clubs at the other end of the table because they're not good enough for us. We need better if we are to get promotion.

hibee1875
14-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Harris and Stanton were sent on loan to clubs at the other end of the table because they're not good enough for us. We need better if we are to get promotion.

Harris was good enough pre injury. That injury seemed to knock him. Came back and was scared to take a man on. Hopefully his time away has taken that fear from him.

Also Harris went on loan to a team in the league above us and did ok

bingo70
14-05-2016, 07:22 PM

When Harris broke through he was outstanding. You don't lose that ability, IMO his problem was/is psychological. We're crying out for wingers now and I suspect the fans would be on his side next season where as before he left to go on loan he was completely void of any confidence. Played in the right position (left wing) and with the right manager he might just have a chance.

Stanton is a funny one, there's definitely a player in there, I think of his goals against rangers in the petrofac cup and Patrick in the spl before being relegated and I can't think of another midfielder that offered that, John Mcginn should but doesn't.

SteveHFC
14-05-2016, 07:26 PM
Give Insall and Martin a chance.

jacomo
14-05-2016, 07:28 PM

This is the problem.

In reality, the first four players have had limited opportunities in the Hibs first team, yet a lot of fans have written them all off already.

I've no idea if any of them have a future with Hibs, but odds on at least one will be in the first team squad next season. We need to back our own.

Stanton has, I think, scored more goals in this division than any of our central midfielders.

hibsbollah
14-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Harris is the best chance imo. That Geordie thug Hutchison mashed his ankle and he never seemed to get over it psychologically, but by all accounts (well, a Dumfries barman i got talking to, anyway) has done well down there and if he's anywhere like where he was in 2013/4 he'll be able to offer some width for us.