PDA

View Full Version : Well done Edinburgh City

Diclonius
14-05-2016, 03:50 PM
Just been promoted to League Two after relegating perennial losers East Stirlingshire. Congratulations, we now have a third Edinburgh team in the SPFL. :agree:

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Just been promoted to League Two after relegating perennial losers East Stirlingshire. Congratulations, we now have a third Edinburgh team in the SPFL. :agree: Just one division separates us

Spike Mandela
14-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Wow, well done Edinburgh City. Great news for them.

I wonder if they can do an ICT/Ross County and make it up the leagues within next 10 years.?

ShinyFantastic
Just one division separates us

Ehh, no?

Nakedmanoncrack
Wonder how long it will be until they overtake us in same way as previously non league teams from Inverness & Dingwall have done in a short time.

stuart-farquhar
14-05-2016, 03:54 PM
Just been promoted to League Two after relegating perennial losers East Stirlingshire. Congratulations, we now have a third Edinburgh team in the SPFL. :agree:

Is it really good news for hibs. All I see is a club on our patch possibly taking interest and spectators away!

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 03:56 PM
Ehh, no?

I mean as in there is only one division between the cship and spfl 2

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Is it really good news for hibs. All I see is a club on our patch possibly taking interest and spectators away!

Only 50 quid for a season ticket

Could effect away attendances if city are at home, doubt it though

Diclonius
14-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Wow, thought I'd started a positive non-Hibs thread on here. Never mind.

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 04:03 PM

Your a fool if u think there are going to be any positive thinking people after yesterday.

Danderhall Hibs
14-05-2016, 04:04 PM

:agree: well done City.

Pete
14-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Your a fool if u think there are going to be any positive thinking people after yesterday.

Maybe you should read the forum for a wee bit longer then.

Sir David Gray
14-05-2016, 04:05 PM
As a Falkirk resident, it's a bit sad to see East Stirlingshire demoted to the Lowland League but I'm happy that the pyramid system is in place.

Teams from the Lowland and Highland Leagues deserve to have a chance of progression.

ShinyFantastic
14-05-2016, 04:07 PM
I mean as in there is only one division between the cship and spfl 2

Ah. Got you, that is true.

hibee1875
14-05-2016, 04:07 PM
As a Falkirk resident, it's a bit sad to see East Stirlingshire demoted to the Lowland League but I'm happy that the pyramid system is in place.

Teams from the Lowland and Highland Leagues deserve to have a chance of progression.

Exactly. E.Stirlingshire once went on a 5 year spell of continuously finishing bottom and no demotion came with it

Pete
14-05-2016, 04:13 PM
Exactly. E.Stirlingshire once went on a 5 year spell of continuously finishing bottom and no demotion came with it

:agree:

About time there were consequences.

For all those doom merchants, Meadowbank thistle were around in the eighties and they never took fans off us.

Diclonius
14-05-2016, 04:17 PM
There is absolutely no one who would stop supporting Hibs to support Edinburgh City.

Maybe in in ten years time if they somehow manage to be in the same league as us then kids might opt to go see them instead, but I doubt it.

Allant1981
14-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Just one division separates us

How do you figure that?

hibee1875
14-05-2016, 04:36 PM
How do you figure that?

We're in the champ - league 1 - they're in league 2.

That league 1 in there is the one division that seperates us...

aussie_hibee
14-05-2016, 04:47 PM
My best mates are involved in the coaching set up and I've been lucky enough to be allowed to train with them whenever I'm back on holiday. Absolutely fantastic bunch of lads and I'm over the moon for them.

Sir David Gray
14-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Maybe we'll get to play them in the Petrofac Cup next year.

Hibernia&Alba
14-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Pleased for them, congratulations.

TheHarpy76
14-05-2016, 04:54 PM

I can't believe you've had to explain that.

****** hell

Pete
14-05-2016, 04:55 PM

I don't think anyone thinks like that when talking about how many divisions separate teams. I've never heard anyone, on the TV or radio describe it that way.

It's odd that it's been made to sound worse as far as hibs are concerned. :rolleyes:

hibsmad
14-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Do people seriously think that we will lose fans based on this??

If anyone goes to see Edinburgh City rather than Hibs then they are not Hibs fans and can **** right off!

It will have no noticeable affect on our attendances.

Allant1981
14-05-2016, 04:59 PM

****** hell

Didnt need to explain anything, no one ever says it like that, the original poster is trying to get a reaction again and if we are going to describe it like that then there is nothing seperating us and the premier league

hibee1875
14-05-2016, 05:01 PM
Didnt need to explain anything, no one ever says it like that, the original poster is trying to get a reaction again

How would it normally be described? To you what does one division between us mean?

Allant1981
14-05-2016, 05:04 PM
How would it normally be described? To you what does one division between us mean?

I would say 2 divisions below, would never say aww there is only one division between us

Pete
14-05-2016, 05:04 PM

****** hell

I've been watching football for 35 years and never heard of teams that are in tier two and four being described as "having one division that separates" them.

Anyone saying that on match of the day would get corrected. Saying that, you might get someone being really anal and saying it like that to try and poke fun at a team they don't like.

hibee1875
14-05-2016, 05:05 PM
I would say 2 divisions below, would never say aww there is only one division between us

6 and half a dozen. It was your "how'd you figure that" that got this p1 maths class going

gegs70
14-05-2016, 05:25 PM
I noticed that edinburgh city have bought over the Lochend Inn may be worth joining for a beer or 2 😊😊😊 ps now that edin city are in the league does that make the youth team a pro youth set up....??? 😊😊😊😊

heretoday
14-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Well,City are an option. They are good at playoffs.

Danderhall Hibs
14-05-2016, 05:45 PM
Maybe we'll get to play them in the Petrofac Cup next year.

Or our league cup group.

Danderhall Hibs
14-05-2016, 05:45 PM
Well,City are an option. They are good at playoffs.

This year they were. Not last year.

Sir David Gray
14-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Or our league cup group.

We'll get a bye into the knockout stage of the League Cup courtesy of winning the Scottish Cup. :aok:

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Do people seriously think that we will lose fans based on this??

If anyone goes to see Edinburgh City rather than Hibs then they are not Hibs fans and can **** right off!

It will have no noticeable affect on our attendances.

We have lost about 2/3 thousand season ticket holders over the past 10 years, why?..do you think they are more inclined to come back watching us in the cship or pop round to meadowbank and get in for a fiver. Not saying fans will stop supporting Hibs however the fact edinburgh city are in spfl may attract those who have slowly drifted away from watching Hibs.

hibsmad
14-05-2016, 06:23 PM
We have lost about 2/3 thousand season ticket holders over the past 10 years, why?..do you think they are more inclined to come back watching us in the cship or pop round to meadowbank and get in for a fiver. Not saying fans will stop supporting Hibs however the fact edinburgh city are in spfl may attract those who have slowly drifted away from watching Hibs.

My point was that we would not lose any noticeable support due to Edinburgh City being promoted.

The 2-3 thousand fans you mention have nothing to do with Edinburgh City.

If you think a sizeable amount of these fans will start being Edinburgh City fans rather than Hibs fans then fair enough. I disagree though.

The odd one, maybe, but nothing more than that.

LancashireHibby
14-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Not a chance they'll be charging a fiver to get in now they're promoted. Believe it's generally around a tenner for that league.

Not sure if there's been any progress one way or the other, but where are EC playing next season given the proposed demolition/redevelopment of Meadowbank?

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 07:19 PM
My point was that we would not lose any noticeable support due to Edinburgh City being promoted.

The 2-3 thousand fans you mention have nothing to do with Edinburgh City.

If you think a sizeable amount of these fans will start being Edinburgh City fans rather than Hibs fans then fair enough. I disagree though.

The odd one, maybe, but nothing more than that.

Their average attendance will be significantly more next season, I wonder where they will come from, as I mentioned before if Hibs are away to Dumbarton,stranraer or Morton and city are at home, I think some may chose city game

Waxy
14-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Not a chance they'll be charging a fiver to get in now they're promoted. Believe it's generally around a tenner for that league.

Not sure if there's been any progress one way or the other, but where are EC playing next season given the proposed demolition/redevelopment of Meadowbank?Fire them out to Saughton enclosure.Spartans will be too proud to let them use Ainslie.Any other half decent football grounds in Edinburgh?

Fenriz
14-05-2016, 07:44 PM
I wonder if there may be merit in occasionally staggering kickoffs between our matches and theirs so that fans can attend both; the clubs could perhaps sell a discounted ‘joint ticket’ to encourage people to watch both games. Think this led to a higher than usual crowd at Meadowbank last week- even a couple of hundred extra makes a big difference to teams at that level. Doubt it would ever happen on a regular basis, but having another SPFL team on our doorstep could present some interesting opportunities.

Either way, I think it’s brilliant to have a fourth tier club in Edinburgh. Hopefully Spartans will be next!

Bishop Hibee
14-05-2016, 07:52 PM
Their club secretary is a Hibs fan.

LaMotta
14-05-2016, 07:57 PM

You could say either, they are both accurate. Not sure why anyone would have an issue here.