PDA

View Full Version : How not to bottle it

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 03:49 PM
Edinburgh city..

£50 quid for a season ticket aswell

Pete
14-05-2016, 03:52 PM
See you later then and take your "bottle" chat with you.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 03:53 PM
Edinburgh city..

:zzzzz!::zzzzz!:

gillythehibby
14-05-2016, 03:56 PM

This👍

erin go bragh
14-05-2016, 03:57 PM
Away and do one ya 🎺

GGTTH

iwasthere1972
14-05-2016, 03:59 PM
Edinburgh city..

Count me out.

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 04:01 PM

Already renewed my season ticket, it's in the blood. I can call them bottlers if I want its my opinion.

Pete
14-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Already renewed my season ticket, it's in the blood. I can call them bottlers if I want its my opinion.

It's amazing the amount crap that is posted with the justification "it's my opinion".

You'd better hope that your two season tickets don't clash too much.

The Green Goblin
14-05-2016, 04:06 PM
Off you pop then. Pathetic thread title.

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 04:08 PM
It's amazing the amount crap that is posted with the justification "it's my opinion".

You'd better hope that your two season tickets don't clash too much.
It's stating the obvious is it not that a forum is for people to express their opinion,

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Off you pop then. Pathetic thread title.

Take your green tinted specs off

Pete
14-05-2016, 04:11 PM

Never!

iwasthere1972
14-05-2016, 04:11 PM
It's stating the obvious is it not that a forum is for people to express their opinion,

Yes but you come across as taken the pish with the bottler attitude

We're all hurting. Nuff said.

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 04:13 PM
Yes but you come across as taken the pish with the bottler attitude

We're all hurting. Nuff said.

Taking the pish? Hibs have been taking the pish out us fans for the past 5 year.

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 04:14 PM
Never!

Suppose its a good coping mechanism for the constant feeling of being let down.

HibsNutter
14-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Any alternative way of analysing a defeat? Some people would have you believe that any loss is a 'bottlejob'. Stop talking ****.

JJP
14-05-2016, 04:16 PM
If your such a Hibs guy why come on and try to wind up your fellow supporters when we are all hurting. What does that say about you?

GreenNWhiteArmy
Hearts x2, Dundee Utd x2, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Inverness x2, rangers x2. But aye you bash on wi the "bottle" chat anytime a big result doesn't go for us.

I've saw more bottle from this current hibs side than any of the preceding squads in the past 8 years. Game management is either naivety or arrogance on Stubbsy' part. For me the bottle should not be questioned

pacoluna
Any alternative way of analysing a defeat? Some people would have you believe that any loss is a 'bottlejob'. Stop talking ****.

What other reason is there to explain us failing in big occasions?

Pete
14-05-2016, 04:18 PM
Suppose its a good coping mechanism for the constant feeling of being let down.

"Coping mechanism".lol
I don't feel "let down" as it's just a sport.

I'm a hibs fan Mr. Freud and the mentality of one.

You on the other hand...

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 04:20 PM
Hearts x2, Dundee Utd x2, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, Inverness x2, rangers x2. But aye you bash on wi the "bottle" chat anytime a big result doesn't go for us.

I've saw more bottle from this current hibs side than any of the preceding squads in the past 8 years. Game management is either naivety or arrogance on Stubbsy' part. For me the bottle should not be questioned

Can't always blame the players quality or poor management. We the fans are constantly let down on big occasions. There is something deep rooted within the club that is a cause for concern.. don't know what exactly it is but.

Pete
14-05-2016, 04:20 PM
If your such a Hibs guy why come on and try to wind up your fellow supporters when we are all hurting. What does that say about you?

:agree:

Time to step away before trouble starts.

The Green Goblin
14-05-2016, 04:24 PM

At least I've got some. Enjoy Edinburgh City. Cheerio now.

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 04:25 PM
"Coping mechanism".lol

You on the other hand...

Your a fan I'm a supporter, my investment in the club is not being rewarded

BoomtownHibees
14-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Your a fan I'm a supporter, my investment in the club is not being rewarded

A supporter that is looking for and advertising alternatives on a Saturday afternoon?

Good one

Pete
14-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Your a fan I'm a supporter

Can you explain that please?

With facts.

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Can't always blame the players quality or poor management. We the fans are constantly let down on big occasions. There is something deep rooted within the club that is a cause for concern.. don't know what exactly it is but.

While I understand what you're saying.... why do we always say the fans are let down? Dumbarton at home 6500. Raith 10k. Falkirk just over 10k so what are we doing for the players? Who wants to play in a (less than) half empty stadium? Or have fans on there back with 1 misplaced pass? We need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves thinking the players are letting us down, man the F up and enjoy the ride of being a hibby. Belief goes a long way in this game

Certainly for the play offs ER SHOULD have been bouncing and whilst the fans that were done a good job the players will rightly be asking where we are. We are one as far as I'm concerned

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 04:30 PM
A supporter that is looking for and advertising alternatives on a Saturday afternoon?

Good one

£50 a season ticket is just a statement, not an advertisement.It's an impressive price.

OsloHibs
14-05-2016, 04:32 PM
What is pacoluna on??? Is it nice weather in Edinburgh today by any chance...

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 04:33 PM
Can you explain that please?

With facts.

I'm a hibs fan Mr. Freud - you said

Well I am not a fan,I am a supporter.

trev the hat
14-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Edinburgh city..

260 posts in 3 months
Good saaahhhnn :wink:

GreenLake
14-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Edinburgh city..

Do you need me to pay for it?

BoomtownHibees
14-05-2016, 04:39 PM
£50 a season ticket is just a statement, not an advertisement.It's an impressive price.

Great timing

Pete
14-05-2016, 04:39 PM
I'm a hibs fan Mr. Freud - you said

Well I am not a fan,I am a supporter.

Aaaah right, you got me there.

You have separate, set definitions of what it means to be a fan and a supporter and have therefore come to the conclusion that you invest more than me based on one sentence.

Sorry, my mistake.

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 04:42 PM
Aaaah right, you got me there.

You have separate, set definitions of what it means to be a fan and a supporter and have therefore come to the conclusion that you invest more than me based on one sentence.

Sorry, my mistake.

Your suspiciously too optimistic to be a supporter for me, sorry if the basis of my conclusion offends you "positive pete"

northstandhibby
14-05-2016, 04:44 PM
Your suspiciously too optimistic to be a supporter for me, sorry if the basis of my conclusion offends you "positive pete"

You're quite a character Pacoluna.

:greengrin

Nameless
14-05-2016, 04:44 PM
£50 is decent, but meadowbank is a souless dump. Olivebank on the other hand is like the Kop when Man U visit....I might have made up that last part......

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Pete
14-05-2016, 04:51 PM

Suspiciously optimistic. I'll take that as a compliment. :aok:

Alfred E Newman
14-05-2016, 04:54 PM

It is only impressive if you want to go along and watch 2 nd Div football but by all means take advantage of the offer .

NAE NOOKIE
14-05-2016, 05:10 PM
Edinburgh city..

Why is your post headed "how not to bottle it" .............. The next so called Hibs fan who unfairly labels this team as bottlers ( and it is totally unfair to do so ) should be taken down to East Mains and lined up for a boot in the baws from Conrad Logan .... then zipped in a bin bag along with their jangling nads and dumped outside the Asbestos arena where they clearly belong.

Edinburgh City can kiss my fat hairy arse and so can you with this pish :aok:

PS ......... Congratulations Edinburgh City.

The Green Goblin
14-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Why is your post headed "how not to bottle it" .

Trolling.

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Trolling.

If you say so

Alfred E Newman
14-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Why is your post headed "how not to bottle it" .............. The next so called Hibs fan who unfairly labels this team as bottlers ( and it is totally unfair to do so ) should be taken down to East Mains and lined up for a boot in the baws from Conrad Logan .... then zipped in a bin bag along with their jangling nads and dumped outside the Asbestos arena where they clearly belong.

Edinburgh City can kiss my fat hairy arse and so can you with this pish :aok:

PS ......... Congratulations Edinburgh City.

Couldn't have put it better myself sir.

matty_f
14-05-2016, 06:23 PM
How thick do you have to be to not understand that when you use a football match it's not always because you've bottled it?

Genuine question.

NAE NOOKIE
14-05-2016, 06:25 PM
If you say so

If not you need to time your posts better and your thread title is as welcome as a bacon roll at a bar mitzvah.

HTD1875
14-05-2016, 06:26 PM
Edinburgh city..

No thanks

Pete
14-05-2016, 06:49 PM
How thick do you have to be to not understand that when you lose a football match it's not always because you've bottled it?

Genuine question.

Spot on.

If we're being brutally honest I thought we bottled the first twenty minutes of the match last night but that was it, we recovered fantastically and they were the ones who were rocking.

Last night and our other huge defeat was absolutely nothing to do with "bottle".

Anyone who does can stick their "bottle" up their Arsenal.

pacoluna
14-05-2016, 07:28 PM
How thick do you have to be to not understand that when you use a football match it's not always because you've bottled it?

Genuine question.

We just happen to lose every match on a big occasion, and I don't mean a league game against sevco or an early round cup game against the yams.. I'm talking about finals, play offs do or die situations. It's a deep rooted problem

Hibs Class
14-05-2016, 07:33 PM
We just happen to lose every match on a big occasion, and I don't mean a league game against sevco or an early round cup game against the yams.. I'm talking about finals, play offs do or die situations. It's a deep rooted problem

Pish. The kind of post that someone who never watches hibs would post.

Gordy M
14-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Every round of the cup is as important.....lose and you dont win it. We have won more cup games than any other team this year. If we had lost against hearts you can guarantee there would be posters on here saying we bottled it???

matty_f
14-05-2016, 07:37 PM

Semi finals, one of them on penalties.

You can be selective about what games count and which ones don't to fit your argument if it makes you feel better though.

We didn't bottle it against Falkirk on Tuesday or Friday night, in the same way that had we gone through Falkirk wouldn't have bottled it.

tamig
14-05-2016, 07:41 PM

Ffs. The old "deep rooted" one again. The structure of the club has been overhauled. We failed because of poor tactics, poor defensive errors and a lack of decent finishing in the past few games. Do you not see that?

matty_f
14-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Ffs. The old "deep rooted" one again. The structure of the club has been overhauled. We failed because of poor tactics, poor defensive errors and a lack of decent finishing in the past few games. Do you not see that?

If Cummings' strike an inch lower and we go through, nobody talks about deep rooted problems. :agree:

Roberts1875
14-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Foxtrot (on now) Oscar! What a waste of a thread!

pacoluna
15-05-2016, 03:02 AM
Pish. The kind of post that someone who never watches hibs would post.

Wrong, The exact opposite actually.

Time For Heroes
15-05-2016, 03:22 AM
What a strange thread...

SlatefordHibby
15-05-2016, 04:18 AM
Wrong, The exact opposite actually.

At it

Or

A wind-up character by a regular poster

You decide folks.

GreenLake
15-05-2016, 05:02 AM

DOn't talk dog turding crap.

We won big games in derby matches 0.7 or 6.2, and also when we won cups in 1972 or 1991 or 2007.

You are strikingly dubious but I could be wrong. You might be an incredibly challenged perceiver of some sorts or suffer from communications harmonics.

Other teams suffer lack of winning too. Like the massively funded huns in European tournaments. Or the Yams in 1986 or a year ago against 9 man ICT, a Jambottling which still makes tens of thousands laugh.

Where do you get your self-entitled right to winning all the time? This is sport and it involves losing which sometimes comes with great effort and dignity.

Eat **** and ***.

JimBHibees
15-05-2016, 06:37 AM

Let's also never forget a referee decision which if shown worldwide would have people suspecting brown envelopes. 3 1 up tie pretty much tied up. That IMO more than anything has cost the club millions, will likely mean good people lose their jobs yet nothing will be done about it. Bent.

J-C
15-05-2016, 07:02 AM
Let's also never forget a referee decision which if shown worldwide would have people suspecting brown envelopes. 3 1 up tie pretty much tied up. That IMO more than anything has cost the club millions, will likely mean good people lose their jobs yet nothing will be done about it. Bent.

:agree::top marks

SpaceBob
15-05-2016, 07:44 AM
"Coping mechanism".lol

You on the other hand...

Bingo

SpaceBob
15-05-2016, 07:51 AM
If not you need to time your posts better and your thread title is as welcome as a bacon roll at a bar mitzvah.

Where is bar mitzvah? dinnie tell me it's one of these new trendy bars selling craft beers & fancy food, nowt wrong with the plain old bacon roll & pint of 70/-.

FranckSuzy
15-05-2016, 10:11 AM
260 posts in 3 months
Good saaahhhnn :wink:

:agree: :tee hee:

Thanks for this thread, needed a good laugh after Friday :thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
15-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Where is bar mitzvah? dinnie tell me it's one of these new trendy bars selling craft beers & fancy food, nowt wrong with the plain old bacon roll & pint of 70/-.

Ive heard the prices there are a snip green grin

GreenArmyyy!
15-05-2016, 10:25 AM
We did bottle it on the other night so don't know why every is shouting down the OP. We didn't in the league cup final though, that was poor management to be attacking and committing so many players in the dying seconds of normal time.

Danderhall Hibs
15-05-2016, 10:41 AM

Genuine question.

It's incredible how many folk don't seem to understand this.

Danderhall Hibs
15-05-2016, 10:42 AM
If Cummings' strike an inch lower and we go through, nobody talks about deep rooted problems. :agree:

We'd have been certainties for the Premiership and fancying ourselves for the final.

Obviously the deep rooted problems that need sorted from top to bottom could surface at any moment.

matty_f
15-05-2016, 10:47 AM
We'd have been certainties for the Premiership and fancying ourselves for the final.

Obviously the deep rooted problems that need sorted from top to bottom could surface at any moment.

:agree: Worrying times, etc.

SJM
15-05-2016, 10:56 AM
:agree: Worrying times, etc.

Lowest postion we have ever finished in my lifetime. 3rd season in the lower tiers of Scottish football - let's kid on it's down to fine lines, narrow margins and hard luck and everything is rosy in the garden then. More fans will be gone next season too and the more it continues the less of a next generation of hibees there will be.

Nothing to worry about though. Lets finish the season and see where we are...oh, wait.

We didn't bottle it either. We lost to a hungrier well set out side who played to their avantages and have a manager who changed things whilst ours sat with his fingers through his hair doing **** all. Falkirk deserved it because they won.

matty_f
15-05-2016, 11:00 AM
Lowest postion we have ever finished in my lifetime. 3rd season in the lower tiers of Scottish football - let's kid on it's down to fine lines, narrow margins and hard luck and everything is rosy in the garden then. More fans will be gone next season too and the more it continues the less of a next generation of hibees there will be.

Nothing to worry about though. Lets finish the season and see where we are...oh, wait.

We didn't bottle it either. We lost to a hungrier well set out side who played to their avantages and have a manager who changed things whilst ours sat with his fingers through his hair doing **** all. Falkirk deserved it because they won.

Jings.

Danderhall Hibs
15-05-2016, 11:03 AM

It'd be great if we could support the team going into a Cup Final.

SJM
15-05-2016, 11:09 AM
It'd be great if we could support the team going into a Cup Final.

They will get all the support in the world from the supporters next week.

Our league cup final was Friday, we failed. As a club our objective this season has ended in failure. There is no covering up whatsoever.

A Scottish win next week would mean everything to me, literally everything. It still doesn't solve our failures to beat the likes of two sides not good enough for this league in Livingston and Alloa and being a worse side, overall to Falkirk FC

Danderhall Hibs
15-05-2016, 11:14 AM
They will get all the support in the world from the supporters next week.

Our league cup final was Friday, we failed. As a club our objective this season has ended in failure. There is no covering up whatsoever.

A Scottish win next week would mean everything to me, literally everything. It still doesn't solve our failures to beat the likes of two sides not good enough for this league in Livingston and Alloa and being a worse side, overall to Falkirk FC

I'm going to have a big moan up next week. This week I want to support them - there's nothing we can do about it just now.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 07:31 PM

Utter pish.

pacoluna
15-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Utter pish.

Hope I'm proved wrong on Sat.