PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Youth football

FromTheCapital
14-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Thought I'd share this with you all.

Took a stroll with my dog today through Loanhead and I noticed that Loanhead 17s (I think) were playing Hutchie vale so I thought I'd give it a watch. There was about 25 minutes to go with Hutchie 2-0 up but down to 10 men. Loanhead went on to win the game 3-2 but what impressed me most was the mindset of the Loanhead players and their desire to win. I was absolutely chuffed when they got that winner.

What I will say, rather worryingly, is that the referee lost complete control of the game and he ended up sending off 3 Hutchie players in total. Attitude of the Hutchie players was all wrong but the referee became a bit ridiculous.

Massive well done to the coaches of Loanhead for instilling their boys with that type of fight and determination.

Not sure how many folk on here will be interested but I thought I'd share anyway, cracking game of football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob12345
14-05-2016, 03:48 PM
Youth football is brilliant. I take in a game or two most weekends and now follow it pretty much on a par with Hibs.

FromTheCapital
14-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Youth football is brilliant. I take in a game or two most weekends and now follow it pretty much on a par with Hibs.

Agree mate.

Might start to go watch Loanhead a bit more as they are my local team.

Terrific setup!

JustSimplyHibs
14-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Thought I'd share this with you all.

Took a stroll with my dog today through Loanhead and I noticed that Loanhead 17s (I think) were playing Hutchie vale so I thought I'd give it a watch. There was about 25 minutes to go with Hutchie 2-0 up but down to 10 men. Loanhead went on to win the game 3-2 but what impressed me most was the mindset of the Loanhead players and their desire to win. I was absolutely chuffed when they got that winner.

What I will say, rather worryingly, is that the referee lost complete control of the game and he ended up sending off 3 Hutchie players in total. Attitude of the Hutchie players was all wrong but the referee became a bit ridiculous.

Massive well done to the coaches of Loanhead for instilling their boys with that type of fight and determination.

Not sure how many folk on here will be interested but I thought I'd share anyway, cracking game of football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's ma wee boys team. He came on with 25mins to go and set up 2 goals and was instrumental in another!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

FromTheCapital
14-05-2016, 04:45 PM
That's ma wee boys team. He came on with 25mins to go and set up 2 goals and was instrumental in another!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Don't mind me asking mate but what's your laddies name or number? Sure there was one lad called Tod (could be way off) and another lad in midfield who looked really good for them today! Both of them scored (I think) Great stuff.

truehibernian
14-05-2016, 04:52 PM
I am ex Hutchison Vale boy - doesn't surprise me when you say their attitude was poor - they're a club who sadly think they're elite and put that before actual coaching and youth progression - hence most of their players really don't make it.

FromTheCapital
14-05-2016, 05:17 PM
I am ex Hutchison Vale boy - doesn't surprise me when you say their attitude was poor - they're a club who sadly think they're elite and put that before actual coaching and youth progression - hence most of their players really don't make it.

Aye their coaches never stopped complaining all game. Plenty of encouragement from Loanhead parents and coaches whereas I think Hutchie coaches lumped pressure on their lads.

sleeping giant
14-05-2016, 05:22 PM
My laddie had one game left before they fold the team as they are now all 16.
He's quite happy to "retire" but I am going to miss the banter with the dads. Been going along for 10 years and will really miss it.