PDA

View Full Version : Last night / next week

Lang Toun Hibs
14-05-2016, 03:29 PM
There's been much debate on what's more important to us but I genuinely believe at this time next week we will be on our way to celebrating a famous victory and the first Scottish Cup win in our lifetime. This will make not getting promoted appear insignificant and worth the pain of the league cup and last night. Yes I want us in the top league but give me a Scottish Cup win and a competitive and interesting league including Utd, Dunfermline, St Mirren, Raith
, Ayr and Falkirk/Kille over playing pointless games against the ugly sisters, Hamilton, Partick, Ross County, StJohnstone and Inverness. Cone on Hibs, we will do this! 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Sir David Gray
14-05-2016, 03:36 PM
I will be delighted if we win next week but it will be a while before I'm over the disappointment of last night.

Our main aim was to get promoted and we have failed with that aim. We need to be a Premiership side again, everything else takes a back seat in my list of priorities.

GreenLake
14-05-2016, 03:41 PM
There's been much debate on what's more important to us but I genuinely believe at this time next week we will be on our way to celebrating a famous victory and the first Scottish Cup win in our lifetime. This will make not getting promoted appear insignificant and worth the pain of the league cup and last night. Yes I want us in the top league but give me a Scottish Cup win and a competitive and interesting league including Utd, Dunfermline, St Mirren, Raith
, Ayr and Falkirk/Kille over playing pointless games against the ugly sisters, Hamilton, Partick, Ross County, StJohnstone and Inverness. Cone on Hibs, we will do this! 

I hope you are right on this. A cup win will go some way to help us deal with yesterday's promotion hopes extinction event.

JJP
14-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Promotion was always most important for me and I'm sure the club would agree. The team will not be able to pick themselves up for this game regardless and it could be a cricket score to Zombie FC next week.

ShinyFantastic
14-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Winning next week would be absolutely amazing and make up for not going up. Will it happen? I very much doubt it.

Onion
14-05-2016, 03:47 PM
Promotion was always most important for me and I'm sure the club would agree. The team will not be able to pick themselves up for this game regardless and it could be a cricket score to Zombie FC next week.

Sadly, agree. Our players will be feeling sorry for themselves and will be used as the latest excuse for capitulation at Hampden and letting the Hibs fans down.

fife hfc
14-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Yes I want Hibs back in the top league but apart from the Old Firm and Hearts it is not a greater draw than playing Utd, the Pars or Falkirk / Killie. Most of the other teams in the SPL are no better than the Championship clubs. Yes the three mentioned are bigger games and more exciting but then they are ruined for me by them being played early on Sunday's etc. Hibs v Morton holds the same appeal as Hibs v Ross County. I have a season ticket for next season and will look forward to more Saturday home games. Hopefully a win next week will make all the disappointments of this season worth it. GGTTH:flag:

truehibernian
14-05-2016, 06:20 PM
I will be delighted if we win next week but it will be a while before I'm over the disappointment of last night.

Our main aim was to get promoted and we have failed with that aim. We need to be a Premiership side again, everything else takes a back seat in my list of priorities.

My position too - it's devastating not gaining promotion and my view is it won't get better - I think personally we better prepare for three more seasons of this league.

erin go bragh
14-05-2016, 06:32 PM
, Ayr and Falkirk/Kille over playing pointless games against the ugly sisters, Hamilton, Partick, Ross County, StJohnstone and Inverness. Cone on Hibs, we will do this! 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Defofuuckingatley . I've said it before and I'll say it again , winning the Scottish cup every time for me over promotion . Both would have been the dogs dangly bits but I've seen Hibs in the top flight many many seasons . But no one alive has seen us win it .

GGTTH

Hibby Bairn
14-05-2016, 06:36 PM
Jeez. Hope there is no sharp objects close by in most of your houses.

erskine-hibby
14-05-2016, 06:37 PM
What will be, will be next week.
After that...let the rebuilding start.

Hiber-nation
14-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Last night was right up there with the most painful defeats ever but I have to say the Keatings on fire song was absolute genius. I'm still having a wee chuckle about it tonight.

rcarter1
14-05-2016, 06:56 PM
Last night was right up there with the most painful defeats ever but I have to say the Keatings on fire song was absolute genius. I'm still having a wee chuckle about it tonight.

Keatings was the bright spot from last night. A striker on form and in the mood is clearly good news for Sunday. We are going to need a lot of heroes in this one.

BoomtownHibees
14-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Keatings was the bright spot from last night. A striker on form and in the mood is clearly good news for Sunday. We are going to need a lot of heroes in this one.

For the parade?

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-05-2016, 07:28 PM
Hopefully it is our turn to lift the cup, but big fat no to thinking it makes up for not going up.