PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Scott Allan

1987kev
14-05-2016, 02:46 PM
We shouldn't b bitter about what happened.

Are we a better with him? Yes
The best player we have had for years.
Best player in the league last season by mile will tear the league up next season.

lucky
14-05-2016, 02:48 PM
Never going to happen. There is no way Hibs will be buying any players this summer.

MKHIBEE
14-05-2016, 02:48 PM

Best player in the league last season by mile will tear the league up next season.

Remind me what happened last season?

1987kev
14-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Remind me what happened last season?

Same as this year but he was still the best player in league

3pm
14-05-2016, 02:51 PM
I'll take anyone to get us out the league.

Fergus52
14-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Never going to happen. There is no way Hibs will be buying any players this summer.

Could easily get him on loan though.

HibsNutter
14-05-2016, 02:54 PM
We miss his ability to unlock a defence consistently, not having a go at our current midfield who are effective in their own ways but we have missed Allan's undoubted quality.

Stokesy's on fire
14-05-2016, 02:56 PM
No chance of an Allan return...btw for what it's worth i think McGinn is better

Stokesy's on fire
14-05-2016, 02:58 PM

Don't agree with that I think the board will know that we must buy our way up

mcfly
14-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Let's just get this season over and see who stays, who goes

It wouldn't surprise me if Stubbs leaves by mutual consent on next sat evening.

He hasn't achieved what he said he would. Our style of football suits playing SPL teams that's why we have done well

Against our own lesgue that style is the wrong un and we've lost to some terrible teams.

Does he want to face another year of that?? Personally I don't think so

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 03:00 PM

Nah, he couldn't wait to get away from us......Leave him where he is

Ozyhibby
14-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Don't agree with that I think the board will know that we must buy our way up

We don't have any money and have no means of borrowing now. The only money we will be spending is the season ticket money and any we get from HSL.

Steve88
14-05-2016, 03:02 PM
We have great attacking midfielders who work their socks off but we do lack that Scott Allan/Beuzelin type of Midfielder: A playmaker, a composed midfielder who has the decisiveness to play that killer ball.

Is this something Mcgeouch could do... Whenever he picks up the ball it's very deep in our own half.

Stokesy's on fire
14-05-2016, 03:04 PM
We have great attacking midfielders who work their socks off but we do lack that Scott Allan/Beuzelin type of Midfielder: A playmaker, a composed midfielder who has the decisiveness to play that killer ball.

Is this something Mcgeouch could do... Whenever he picks up the ball it's very deep in our own half.

A zemamma type would he handy

Steve88
14-05-2016, 03:12 PM
A zemamma type would he handy

Another great example.

We have the potential to score plenty of goals ( I say potential because this is an area we really need to improve on) but all too often I see Hibs pass the ball across the box one end to the other, playing patiently, with no real end product.

Tinker the formation a tad and job done. We're Champions next season :cb

SaulGoodman
14-05-2016, 03:15 PM

We might be lucky in the sense that the cup runs might have helped out this season.

Of course I doubt we'll see the same business we saw at the start of this season

Just Jimmy
14-05-2016, 03:15 PM
We need wingers who can stretch teams and get at the full backs with pace. We've needed them since 2006

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
14-05-2016, 03:23 PM
Leaving aside the fact that he's a fanny, why would Scott Allan want to come back to Hibs and play in the Championship?

supermcginn
14-05-2016, 03:35 PM
No chance of an Allan return...btw for what it's worth i think McGinn is better

I like mcginn but allan is a superb player and we have missed him big time!

WoreTheGreen
14-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Leaving aside the fact that he's a fanny, why would Scott Allan want to come back to Hibs and play in the Championship?

Spot on

The Green Goblin
14-05-2016, 03:42 PM
No thanks. What's his playing record since he left us? What was the manner he left us in again? No.

JJP
14-05-2016, 03:44 PM
No thanks. Why would you want someone at the club who never wanted to be here in the first place. The circumstances of his departure were an absolute disgrace.

ShinyFantastic
14-05-2016, 03:47 PM
Rat. No thanks.

Pete
14-05-2016, 03:48 PM
I'd take him back in a heartbeat but come on, there's as much chance as George Best coming back and leading us to promotion.

Enough said
14-05-2016, 03:54 PM
Don't agree with that I think the board will know that we must buy our way up really? Why haven't they done that the last 2 seasons???

Diclonius
14-05-2016, 04:02 PM
I'd take him back in a heartbeat but come on, there's as much chance as George Best coming back and leading us to promotion.

This.

supermcginn
14-05-2016, 04:04 PM
No thanks. Why would you want someone at the club who never wanted to be here in the first place. The circumstances of his departure were an absolute disgrace.

How many of the current squad would turn down a move to the old firm?

northstandhibby
14-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Rat. No thanks.

:top marksHe is one selfish mercenary without a care about clubs or their fans. Would rather play a youngster with potential than have him back.

GGTTH

calumhibee1
14-05-2016, 04:08 PM
People who don't want Scott Allan back can't be that bothered about getting out of this league.

calumhibee1
14-05-2016, 04:08 PM
:top marksHe is one selfish mercenary without a care about clubs or their fans. Would rather play a youngster with potential than have him back.

GGTTH

And stay in this league for another year? Without him last season we would have finished mid table.

northstandhibby
14-05-2016, 04:10 PM
People who don't want Scott Allan back can't be that bothered about getting out of this league.

That is a silly accusation to launch at people who actually want players who commit themselves to the club.

GGTTH

MWHIBBIES
14-05-2016, 04:11 PM
And stay in this league for another year? Without him last season we would have finished mid table.Well yes because we would have been playing with 10 players.

We wouldn't have been anywhere near mid table, don't talk *****.

Sir David Gray
14-05-2016, 04:13 PM
And stay in this league for another year? Without him last season we would have finished mid table.

Nonsense. We finished around 20 points ahead of mid table last season. He was good but he wasn't that influential.

JJP
14-05-2016, 04:13 PM
How many of the current squad would turn down a move to the old firm?

Not one. But it was the manner of his departure that still annoys me. Steven Whittaker also went to Rangers but didn't leave with all the noise and disruption that Scott Allan and his agent manufactured.

northstandhibby
14-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Not one. But it was the manner of his departure that still annoys me. Steven Whittaker also went to Rangers but didn't leave with all the noise and disruption that Scott Allan and his agent manufactured.

Spot on. A rat who got his agent and the Daily Ranger to get him a move away from ER.

GGTTH

calumhibee1
14-05-2016, 04:18 PM
Nonsense. We finished around 20 points ahead of mid table last season. He was good but he wasn't that influential.

There was a period of about 3 or 4 months where he was just about getting an assist every single game. We would never have made the playoffs last season with a youngster in the midfield in his place as some have indicated would be there preference.

MWHIBBIES
14-05-2016, 04:20 PM
There was a period of about 3 or 4 months where he was just about getting an assist every single game. We would never have made the playoffs last season with a youngster in the midfield in his place as some have indicated would be there preference.A midfield of Robertson, Fyvie, Craig and Stanton would quite easily have made the playoffs.

northstandhibby
14-05-2016, 04:20 PM
There was a period of about 3 or 4 months where he was just about getting an assist every single game. We would never have made the playoffs last season with a youngster in the midfield in his place as some have indicated would be there preference.

I said I would rather play a youngster with potential than Scott Allen. Scott Allen is all about himself. I'd rather the youngster with potential played who tried his best for the club than have rat Scott Allen back.

GGTTH

LancsHibs
14-05-2016, 04:27 PM
I would rather play the best players we possibly can giving the best chance of getting out of this pish league

madhatter
14-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Last type of player we need.

We need a team of fighters. Pace and guile.

northstandhibby
14-05-2016, 04:32 PM
I would rather play the best players we possibly can giving the best chance of getting out of this pish league

Would you include a Player whose agent and the DR instigates a move away as soon as another club wants them. Also imo his flicks and tricks rarely came off.

I too want the best players we can get but come on they must be players who are commited and don't instigate moves away with the help of a certain Keith Jackson.

A lot of fans still rankle at how these mercenaries act.

GGTTH

LancsHibs
14-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Would you include a Player whose agent and the DR instigates a move away as soon as another club wants them. Also imo his flicks and tricks rarely came off.

I too want the best players we can get but come on they must be players who are commited and don't instigate moves away with the help of a certain Keith Jackson.

A lot of fans still rankle at how these mercenaries act.

GGTTH

Short of Ian Black I'd take just about anybody if it guaranteed going up!

northstandhibby
14-05-2016, 04:40 PM

I think next season will be a good one. Attendances will go up because we are certain to be favourites with the best budget and I am quite sure we will comfortably win it next season.

GGTTH

chrisski33
14-05-2016, 04:43 PM

funniest post on here! why bring a player back here who didnt want to be here???

madhatter
14-05-2016, 04:54 PM
This fixation on a single individual bugs the s**** out of me. We lost against a well drilled Falkirk team with very limited number of "Maverick" players but people think we need Scott Allan back? Should we resign Malonga while we are at it? Sauzee still able to kick a ball?

Build a strong team, regardless of names or history. If it wins us the championship next season it can be filled with our u-14s for all I care.

This, is one of our clubs biggest failings recently - go for the registered journeyman - Craig, Canning, O'Connor (returns), Riordan (returns), Thomson (returns). We need to build a solid squad and scout abroad and find players that compliment each other in attributes sense. Hanlon has improved but Hanlon and Stevenson left-side essentially means we are light in the air as both are not the best out there and can be bullied (weakness in team), Gray is constantly out of position and McGregor can be rash (weakness in team), Oxley has butter fingers and Conrad is overweight (weakness), midfield can be pretty much described as "same" apart from Henderson who has his weaknesses and upfront we've lacked a partnership for ages.

Good players can be put into a team that fails.
Average players can be put into a team that conquers all.

I want the 2nd one now. I don't care about names. So should everyone else. Mavericks have failed us, we need a team.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Nah.

stantonhibby
14-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Nah, he couldn't wait to get away from us......Leave him where he is

Indeed.....he could have stayed for one more season, helped get us up then get his move to sevco.

Unseen work
14-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Scott allan would be a tremendous signing and make a big difference

No chance of getting him back however.

The fans that wouldn't take him back are clueless

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Scott allan would be a tremendous signing and make a big difference

No chance of getting him back however.

The fans that wouldn't take him back are clueless

:faf::faf::faf:

Do you honestly think he would come back?

My_Wife_Camille
14-05-2016, 07:02 PM

Did you even read his post? He quite clearly says we would have no chance of getting him

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Did you even read his post? He quite clearly says we would have no chance of getting him

Nope

jacomo
14-05-2016, 11:03 PM
We might be lucky in the sense that the cup runs might have helped out this season.

Of course I doubt we'll see the same business we saw at the start of this season

:agree:

Cup runs have dug us out of a hole this season, but next season looks uncertain. F all league cash and poorer attendances.

Forza Fred
14-05-2016, 11:14 PM

Peter Hustoun?

pacorosssco
14-05-2016, 11:21 PM
We need wingers . Pace. Cm well covered.

14-05-2016, 11:28 PM
Move on guys. He's a Celic player now. And for me we have better with McGinn.

Sunshine Scott
14-05-2016, 11:34 PM
God no. Let him rot in Celtics reserves.

DH1875
15-05-2016, 12:14 AM
A midfield of Robertson, Fyvie, Craig and Stanton would quite easily have made the playoffs.

I seriously doubt that to be honest.

I have no time for the guy but if he isnt gonna get anywhere near their squad then there's a chance he could be sent out on loan. Would that be to us? I doubt it, but given the choice he might come back.

Glory Lurker
15-05-2016, 12:20 AM
Can't be bothered reading this thread (still crying with laughter at the 3016 thread), but yer man Allan was one of the most over-rated players we've had at ER in my puff. Anyone can do a fancy pass to no-one. Never a team player.

JohnM1875
15-05-2016, 01:11 AM
I honestly can't understand why people think Allan is overrated or shouldn't come back to Hibs? I've been following the cabbage for some time now and I can honestly say Allan is the most naturally talented player I've seen after Deek. He's a young boy who's made some terrible career choices. Probably due to agent influence. He won't be the first or most talented player to let an agent ruin his career either. I'd have him back in a heartbeat. So creative and exactly what we need! Coming back might also show he know's he made a mistake and he just wants game time. I've never been more excited or expectant then when Allan was passed the ball. You knew something positive was going to happen or at least be attempted!

J-C
15-05-2016, 08:11 AM
I don't want him back but I was saying to my mates at the Raith game that the one thing we are missing from our team is a Scott Allan type player able to make that killer pass to unlock defensive teams. With McGinn in the side, he would've freed up Allan to do what he does best and that is pass, McGeouch can do this but he's far too injury prone.

staunchhibby
15-05-2016, 08:15 AM
Allan was disruptive towards the end with his carry on .not sure he would be welcomed back.

Scouse Hibee
15-05-2016, 08:32 AM
We need to concentrate on building a squad to get us out of the championship, that means players that you wouldn't necessarily keep if you went up to the SPL.

SpaceBob
15-05-2016, 08:32 AM
Allan is gone and will never return.

BoomtownHibees
15-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Have to laugh at the folk saying he wasn't actually that good

hibeedonald
15-05-2016, 09:01 AM
Celtic would potentially give us him on loan. I think they want us back up.

Greenworld
15-05-2016, 09:04 AM

We need a great keeper a left back and centre half before anything else

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

confused
15-05-2016, 09:21 AM
We need a great keeper a left back and centre half before anything else

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
I agree100% a complete centre half who will win at all costs.

hibshibshibs84
15-05-2016, 09:43 AM
boy is an idiot.
allowed himself to become a poker chip in a game where no-one wins.

had he stayed, he would have shined, perhaps went up with us and put himself into contention for the national squad.
dare i say it, even if he went to the huns the same could be true.

celtic have, in effect, ruined his career. he will go on loan to an english championship or league 1 team, then he will re-appear in scotland in a year or two at an aberdeen or a partick thistle.

i wouldn't welcome him back.

GreenArmyyy!
15-05-2016, 09:55 AM

Why shouldn't we be bitter? The guy's a clown and deserves to waste his career on a bench.

GreenArmyyy!
15-05-2016, 10:04 AM
I think next season will be a good one. Attendances will go up because we are certain to be favourites with the best budget and I am quite sure we will comfortably win it next season.

GGTTH

You think attendances are going to go up? You're in for a shock then. Hate to be so negative but once we get our annual Scottish cup defeat out the way next week this is going to be probably the lowest fans have ever felt since the attempted Mercer takeover. I also reckon it will be the last straw for a lot of people due to the fact this season had the potential to be our greatest ever and is probably going to end as the most humiliating season in our history. I'll be back year after year, out of habit, not because I want to. Next year is going to be so incredibly crap due to the fact that anything other than winning every week against absolutely awful clubs and strolling the league is going to be a failure. I really don't know where we go from here.

Smartie
15-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Scott Allan is a superb player but a complete and utter cock and his time at Hibs reflects that.

Played brilliantly then acted the erse at the first opportunity. We probably did as well as we could have expected out of him (and tbh I don't think any other club will get more from him).

If we'd gone up then I think we could have seriously considered getting him back - I think Stubbs can get him to co-operate better than anyone else can.

But we can't underestimate how poor the league is that we're destined to compete in again next season. Some of the players/ managers we're linking ourselves with are pure fantasy and some folk on here need a reality check. The past couple of years we've felt like a Premier League team temporarily trapped in the Championship - next season I think reality bites a bit harder.

northstandhibby
15-05-2016, 10:13 AM
You think attendances are going to go up? You're in for a shock then. Hate to be so negative but once we get our annual Scottish cup defeat out the way next week this is going to be probably the lowest fans have ever felt since the attempted Mercer takeover. I also reckon it will be the last straw for a lot of people due to the fact this season had the potential to be our greatest ever and is probably going to end as the most humiliating season in our history. I'll be back year after year, out of habit, not because I want to. Next year is going to be so incredibly crap due to the fact that anything other than winning every week against absolutely awful clubs and strolling the league is going to be a failure. I really don't know where we go from here.

I'm normally a glass half full person but i'm not going to predict a Hibs cup win neither a defeat. I just think once the dust settles and the excitement begins again of a new season with new signings etc that the league without the rangers in it will provide us with a very good opportunity of winning the league outright. I don't feel humiliating captures the season even if we don't win the cup maybe very disappointing but hey ho onwards and upwards. Once the next season begins and a few winning games under our belt the fans will have new belief.

I'm still optimistic we have a fair chance of winning the cup with a full weeks rest behind the players.

GGTTH

calumhibee1
15-05-2016, 10:33 AM
I honestly can't understand why people think Allan is overrated or shouldn't come back to Hibs? I've been following the cabbage for some time now and I can honestly say Allan is the most naturally talented player I've seen after Deek. He's a young boy who's made some terrible career choices. Probably due to agent influence. He won't be the first or most talented player to let an agent ruin his career either. I'd have him back in a heartbeat. So creative and exactly what we need! Coming back might also show he know's he made a mistake and he just wants game time. I've never been more excited or expectant then when Allan was passed the ball. You knew something positive was going to happen or at least be attempted!

Exactly. We are so slow and ponderous passing the ball side to side because nobody in our midfield has the pace to go by players like Allan did, or the ability to unlock defences time and time again (anyone who has let what happened cloud there judgement might want to watch a re-run of the 4-0 game v Rangers). Allan was our POTY last year by a country mile and if he had of stayed and played that way again this year he would have again won it. Allan would increase our chances of going up massively.

Holmesdale Hibs
15-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Doubt this will happen, but I'd take him back if we could get him. It's debatable whether he's better than McGin but he's still be one of the best players in the championship. It's a no brainier for me.

15-05-2016, 11:13 AM
Allan was disruptive towards the end with his carry on .not sure he would be welcomed back.

I would have him back in a heartbeat. Your right, I was far from impressed with him playing into rangers hands last summer when they came in with their pathetic offer but he's a very good player that could get us up and thats whats important.

northstandhibby
15-05-2016, 11:17 AM
Doubt this will happen, but I'd take him back if we could get him. It's debatable whether he's better than McGin but he's still be one of the best players in the championship. It's a no brainier for me.

I would like to think John Mcginn is at ER for at least the next 3 years. All bids should be repelled and the next team built around him. He is a major talent. It's essential we retain Super John.

GGTTH

Borderhibbie76
15-05-2016, 11:24 AM
I would like to think John Mcginn is at ER for at least the next 3 years. All bids should be repelled and the next team built around him. He is a major talent. It's essential we retain Super John.

GGTTH

A must if we are to win this bloody league next season...if the board sell they will have a lot of answers required from us fans thats for sure

J-C
15-05-2016, 11:24 AM

2 different players IMHO, McGinn is a box2box full of energy midfielder who drives the team forward, Allan is a composed midfielder able to thread passes through defences creating chances, they would work great together.

polarbear
15-05-2016, 11:33 AM
We'll not be paying transfer fees for anyone I'd imagine.
Who knows what our finances will look like next season. We don't know how many season tickets we'll sell and I'd imagine our attendance will be slightly less than this year.
The only way this might happen is if they fancy one of our players and throw him in on a season long loan.
Only McGinn or maybe even Cummings, at a push, would be of any interest to them but I couldn't imagine him wanting to come back here so quickly.
Some lower Championship club or Aberdeen might pay 250k for the guy but we certainly won't be.

Smartie
15-05-2016, 11:42 AM
If a new manager comes in at Celtic and doesn't fancy him straight away, he could do worse than come on loan to us until January to show him what he can do.

Still can't see it happening though.

Itsnoteasy
15-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Another great example.

We have the potential to score plenty of goals ( I say potential because this is an area we really need to improve on) but all too often I see Hibs pass the ball across the box one end to the other, playing patiently, with no real end product.

Tinker the formation a tad and job done. We're Champions next season :cb

We have the potential of 14000 at home games, but that aint gonna happen either.

Itsnoteasy
15-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Scott Allan is a superb player but a complete and utter cock and his time at Hibs reflects that.

Played brilliantly then acted the erse at the first opportunity. We probably did as well as we could have expected out of him (and tbh I don't think any other club will get more from him).

If we'd gone up then I think we could have seriously considered getting him back - I think Stubbs can get him to co-operate better than anyone else can.

But we can't underestimate how poor the league is that we're destined to compete in again next season. Some of the players/ managers we're linking ourselves with are pure fantasy and some folk on here need a reality check. The past couple of years we've felt like a Premier League team temporarily trapped in the Championship - next season I think reality bites a bit harder.

SA superb against championship journeymen
SJM superb for 1st 5 months against championship journeymen and crap thereafter apart from a friendly kick about for Scotland

Niffy
15-05-2016, 12:10 PM

Ah the old "tear up the this league" line, last used on Stokes I believe.

"He'll score goals for fun in this league" is another.

GreenLake
15-05-2016, 12:13 PM
He's been sitting on the bench for so long he will leave us flat at the back.

hibsbollah
15-05-2016, 12:15 PM
Leaving aside the fact that he's a fanny

The thread should have been closed right there.

hibee1875
15-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Embarrassed for him right now celebrating Celtics title win as if he had any sort of contribution towards it

SJM
15-05-2016, 01:39 PM
Embarrassed for him right now celebrating Celtics title win as if he had any sort of contribution towards it

Exactly. He should sit on his arse with his arms crosse looking glum.

How date the boy have ambition and belief in himself.

I would take him pack in a heartbeat. Swap him with any player in our side.

He acted the **** to get a bigger move, that's life. He was still tremendous with us.

This "wouldn't have him back" attitude is guff. I would have Harold Shipman in goals if it meant us going up next year.

hibee1875
15-05-2016, 01:42 PM

He acted the **** to get a bigger move, that's life. He was still tremendous with us.

This "wouldn't have him back" attitude is guff. I would have Harold Shipman in goals if it meant us going up next year.

Not slating his ambition but he's done hee haw this season for Celtic. Bad move for him. Hoping for the sake of the Scottish national team the new manager come in and actually gives him the platform to progress

skyehibee
15-05-2016, 02:06 PM
What a joke of a thread this is.

Smartie
15-05-2016, 02:20 PM

Stubbs does need to address the team's lack of "killer instinct" but I hardly think that's the best way to go about it.

J-C
15-05-2016, 04:57 PM
The thread should have been closed right there.

Plus fanny's can be very useful :greengrin

Marinellos magi
15-05-2016, 05:27 PM
He was so desperate to get away from us last year that he signed for his chosen clubs bitterest rivals. No thanks.

Hutchie
15-05-2016, 10:35 PM
I'd rather keep Henderson. But would take back as well.

Andy74
15-05-2016, 10:38 PM
Peter Hustoun?

If it meant going up, of course.