PDA

View Full Version : Financing Season 2016/17

Ged
14-05-2016, 01:50 PM
If STF postpones (or waives altogether) the £500,000 payment due to him in the next 12 months it'll help greatly. He shouldn't even have to be asked.

MWHIBBIES
14-05-2016, 01:55 PM
If STF postpones (or waives altogether) the £500,000 payment due to him in the next 12 months it'll help greatly. He shouldn't even have to be asked.He shouldn't even have to be asked? It is his bloody money, he is more than welcome to ask for it to be paid on time.

zlatan
14-05-2016, 01:57 PM
The 2 finals and selling Cummings should be enough to make up for any potential losses for staying down a third season.

Ged
14-05-2016, 01:59 PM
He shouldn't even have to be asked? It is his bloody money, he is more than welcome to ask for it to be paid on time.

Well if HE wants HIS football club out of this division HE needs to do what he can to help.

hibee1875
14-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Well if HE wants HIS football club out of this division HE needs to do what he can to help.

Does he even care about hibs? Is he ever at the games?

Waxy
14-05-2016, 02:05 PM
He cared enough to save us in 1990

Matty_Jack04

After the dogs abuse he's taken from a section of the support over the last few years we should be counting our blessings he's not packed up and f****d off

Greencore
How much is he worth again? And he can't even put 10 million into the transfer/wage fund?

carnoustiehibee
14-05-2016, 02:09 PM
He shouldn't even have to be asked? It is his bloody money, he is more than welcome to ask for it to be paid on time.

The only 2 chairmen to make money Farmer and Thomson go figure

ahibby
14-05-2016, 02:09 PM
How much is he worth again? And he can't even put 10 million into the transfer/wage fund?

Nice thought but not realistic. He'd be throwing money down the drain. Hibs have had a bigger budget than a lot of teams in the SPL never mind the Championship, but it's all about what you do with it apparently. (Although with £10 million how could a club fail to get out of the Championship). I've been Hibs daft for too long but even I wouldn't give away a tenth of my wealth for the cause.

Pete
14-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Is this the "let's rip into Farmer" thread?

Blame culture at it's finest. :rolleyes:

MWHIBBIES
14-05-2016, 02:15 PM
The only 2 chairmen to make money Farmer and Thomson go figureHow on earth has Farmer made money?

High-On-Hibs
14-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Is this the "let's rip into Farmer" thread?

Blame culture at it's finest. :rolleyes:

Is it still sacrilege to mention Tom Farmer on here?

Pete
14-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Is it still sacrilege to mention Tom Farmer on here?

I don't think it ever been that way. :dunno:

Lee Marvin
14-05-2016, 02:32 PM
This thread is embarrassing

marinello59
14-05-2016, 02:40 PM

Why? It's fair comment. The owner has to think about just where he wants his club to be.

lucky
14-05-2016, 02:43 PM
If he delayed the payment next season it certainly would help. STF should always be regarded as a Hibs legend regardless of what division we are in

Pretty Boy
14-05-2016, 02:48 PM

It's not at all.

I'm as big a defender of STFs actions as Hibs owner as anyone but the way the club has floundered in the last few years is as much his problem as it is anyone else.

Someone above said they are suprised he hasn't upped and left (maybe not in those words) but with the latest deal and agreed loan repayments that is essentially exactly what he has done. Hibs won't get another penny out of STF.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 03:02 PM
It's not at all.

I'm as big a defender of STFs actions as Hibs owner as anyone but the way the club has floundered in the last few years is as much his problem as it is anyone else.

Someone above said they are suprised he hasn't upped and left (maybe not in those words) but with the latest deal and agreed loan repayments that is essentially exactly what he has done. Hibs won't get another penny out of STF.

A silent owner is not what we need. He needs to sort this mess out pronto, or sell up to someone who can

staunchhibby
14-05-2016, 03:06 PM
Is this Farmers turn now to be blamed.Not many left for scapegoats now.:confused:

Pretty Boy
14-05-2016, 03:06 PM
A silent owner is not what we need. He needs to sort this mess out pronto, or sell up to someone who can
No argument from me. Spot on again

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Is this Farmers turn now to be blamed.Not many left for scapegoats now.:confused:

Is he absolved from blame, really?

marinello59
14-05-2016, 03:09 PM

:top marks

Smartie
14-05-2016, 03:29 PM
This is getting silly.

We need PLAYERS who can take chances, head away basic crosses into the box and have the desire to get blocks in when they need to.

Maybe we need a new manager to get that done, maybe not.

STF, Petrie, LD, the fans - all a smokescreen and we can tinker and demand change all we want, all that matters is that we get slightly better at the basics of playing football.

Ozyhibby
14-05-2016, 03:31 PM
This is getting silly.

We need PLAYERS who can take chances, head away basic crosses into the box and have the desire to get blocks in when they need to.

Maybe we need a new manager to get that done, maybe not.

STF, Petrie, LD, the fans - all a smokescreen and we can tinker and demand change all we want, all that matters is that we get slightly better at the basics of playing football.

Guess who's in charge of making all that happen and is currently failing?

Ged
14-05-2016, 03:40 PM
It's nothing to so with blaming Farmer. He'll get his money, I'm merely suggesting that payments are frozen until we're out of this league. An extra £1/2 million a year would make a huge difference in terms of what we can put on the park.

I don't think it's an unreasonable proposal.

Ozyhibby
14-05-2016, 03:41 PM
It's nothing to so with blaming Farmer. He'll get his money, I'm merely suggesting that payments are frozen until we're out of this league. An extra £1/2 million a year would make a huge difference in terms of what we can put on the park.

I don't think it's an unreasonable proposal.

It won't happen. He is no longer interested.

Lee Marvin
14-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Why? It's fair comment. The owner has to think about just where he wants his club to be.

'He shouldn't have to be asked to waive his 500k'

'He should stick 10 million into a transfer fund'

This isnt championship manager.

For what it's worth I'm a massive believer that farmer is hugely to blame for our current predicament. However asking him to plough millions more in is fantasy. Only 2 years ago he helped us shed 4 million from our debt and stopped us paying interest on the rest. That is a HUGE gesture that needs to be remembered

Smartie
14-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Guess who's in charge of making all that happen and is currently failing?

They're in charge to a point but I fully believe Stubbs is in charge of football affairs.

Should STF be giving him MORE money? Do they need to interfere less in team affairs? I don't know how much we should want STF to carry the can for Gray's weak header, I don't want to see Petrie pulls his boots on and try and get a head on one of these crosses. Could LD take one of the chances that Stokes and Cummings can't?

Seriously, what more can we expect them to do (other than the obvious "get the appointment right for a change")?

On the face of it Stubbs seemed like a good appointment and he has been well and truly backed (unlike some of his predecessors). He carries the can for the failure of the team and the only decision is whether or not he should be allowed to continue.

If he can provide decent answers then he might just deserve another crack at it.

I really don't have a problem with what is going on higher up the chain.

One Day Soon
14-05-2016, 03:54 PM
He cared enough to save us in 1990

That was 26 years ago, this is now. The last decade of that time has been an absolute horror show.

It is his club so yes he needs to decide to either put money in or get out of the way. Or alternatively he could just leave it in suspended animation on life support which seems very familiar...

One Day Soon
14-05-2016, 03:57 PM
They're in charge to a point but I fully believe Stubbs is in charge of football affairs.

Should STF be giving him MORE money? Do they need to interfere less in team affairs? I don't know how much we should want STF to carry the can for Gray's weak header, I don't want to see Petrie pulls his boots on and try and get a head on one of these crosses. Could LD take one of the chances that Stokes and Cummings can't?

Seriously, what more can we expect them to do (other than the obvious "get the appointment right for a change")?

On the face of it Stubbs seemed like a good appointment and he has been well and truly backed (unlike some of his predecessors). He carries the can for the failure of the team and the only decision is whether or not he should be allowed to continue.

If he can provide decent answers then he might just deserve another crack at it.

I really don't have a problem with what is going on higher up the chain.

No, on the face of it Stubbs seemed like another high risk inexperienced managerial appointment. And that's how it has turned out. Again.

Enough said
14-05-2016, 04:14 PM
How much is farmer worth? How much would it take to get us out this league?

Smartie
14-05-2016, 04:15 PM
No, on the face of it Stubbs seemed like another high risk inexperienced managerial appointment. And that's how it has turned out. Again.

So which of the managers with a proven track record who were breaking our door down to get the job just after we'd been relegated would you have taken instead?

The manager with a proven track record of getting a team back up at the first attempt was the man we sacked and nobody had a problem with that decision.

We have a ridiculous delusion as to our position in the football world - managers with the credentials we seem to be looking for simply don't exist.

There is no guaranteed recipe for success.

Stubbs was a gamble but no more of a gamble than any other appointment would have been.

He appeared to have all the right attributes to be successful and he may yet be.

Colr
14-05-2016, 04:18 PM
If STF postpones (or waives altogether) the £500,000 payment due to him in the next 12 months it'll help greatly. He shouldn't even have to be asked.

We need a cake sale, really!

Marco G
14-05-2016, 04:21 PM

This is our mess. We want a fan owned club so we need to sort it out ourselves. STF has given us the chance to do it and I can't see any millionaires (or is that enough nowadays?) stepping in to payroll it all. I think Alan Stubbs will get us promotion next season, and given the progress he is making, along with a much better setup throughout the club since LD joined us, I am happy to keep backing him and the club with my ST money and through paying monthly into HSL.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 04:23 PM
This is our mess. We want a fan owned club so we need to sort it out ourselves. STF has given us the chance to do it and I can't see any millionaires (or is that enough nowadays?) stepping in to payroll it all. I think Alan Stubbs will get us promotion next season, and given the progress he is making, along with a much better setup throughout the club since LD joined us, I am happy to keep backing him and the club with my ST money and through paying monthly into HSL.

On what basis?

One Day Soon
14-05-2016, 04:28 PM
So which of the managers with a proven track record who were breaking our door down to get the job just after we'd been relegated would you have taken instead?

The manager with a proven track record of getting a team back up at the first attempt was the man we sacked and nobody had a problem with that decision.

We have a ridiculous delusion as to our position in the football world - managers with the credentials we seem to be looking for simply don't exist.

There is no guaranteed recipe for success.

Stubbs was a gamble but no more of a gamble than any other appointment would have been.

He appeared to have all the right attributes to be successful and he may yet be.

For a start we should be looking for candidates who have actually managed elsewhere already. It is nice of us to be the petrie dish where rookie managers can make all their mistakes and learn before moving on but it isn't really doing us any favours.

Our position in the football world should be at least as 5th biggest team in Scotland - in the SPL. Resources dictate that. It is not ridiculous delusion to ask that the Club's leaders appoint managers capable of doing the task in hand - in this case getting out of the Championship. There are, for a start, nine other teams in the Championship with managers who have experience of fighting it out in this division. Then there are those who have been there but aren't any longer. But far better to appoint someone who hadn't managed, hadn't managed in this division, hadn't played in this division and who was straight from the Martinez school of tippy-tappy.

There is no guarantee of success but Stubbs was a much bigger gamble than many other candidates could have been. He did not appear to have all the right attributes, he has already been unsuccessful twice (three times if you include the League Cup Final) and keeping him on for a third season so that 'he may be yet' is pretty high risk.

The only argument for keeping him would be that he now has experience of this league and should know how to get out of it. However his unwillingness to learn from developments in-game regarding formations, tactics and substitutions doesn't suggest he is a great at learning and adapting. In fact the opposite appears to be the case.

Marco G
14-05-2016, 04:44 PM
On what basis? Just in my opinion, based on being at most of our matches every season and from being a Hibby for 50+ years.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Just in my opinion, based on being at most of our matches every season and from being a Hibby for 50+ years.

Wow, and what you have seen this Season, makes you think we will it next Season?

SunshineOnLeith
14-05-2016, 04:54 PM

Maybe you should buy Hibs off him, then.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Maybe you should buy Hibs off him, then.

Maybe I should......

Enough said
14-05-2016, 05:59 PM
How on earth has Farmer made money?

This

ballengeich
14-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Does anyone really think our club's owner wouldn't be happy to leave if a decent offer from a plausible source was available? As far as I know there isn't anyone out there willing to put up the money. Until someone comes up with the name of a possible new owner only the fans are a source of cash for capital.

Ged
14-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Just to reiterate, it's not about him putting any more money in, it's simply a case of not taking the £500,000 due to him in the next year. Payments would resume once the club is back in the top league and he would still get his money.

It's really straightforward and would be a huge benefit to the club.

BoomtownHibees
14-05-2016, 06:29 PM

What progress?

DaveF
14-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Just to reiterate, it's not about him putting any more money in, it's simply a case of not taking the £500,000 due to him in the next year. Payments would resume once the club is back in the top league and he would still get his money.

Totally agree that it would be a massive lift. Has Amit seen this suggestion and if so, can he comment on taking this to the board?

tamig
14-05-2016, 07:35 PM
How much is farmer worth? How much would it take to get us out this league?

It's not about money. Stubbs has been backed to the hilt, has assembled a top squad but we still can't beat pish. Throwing money at it is not the answer. A coach who can get the best out of that talented squad is the answer. I have major doubts that Stubbs is that man as we keep seeing the same mistakes over and over again.

MWHIBBIES
14-05-2016, 07:51 PM
This is our mess. We want a fan owned club so we need to sort it out ourselves. STF has given us the chance to do it and I can't see any millionaires (or is that enough nowadays?) stepping in to payroll it all. I think Alan Stubbs will get us promotion next season, and given the progress he is making, along with a much better setup throughout the club since LD joined us, I am happy to keep backing him and the club with my ST money and through paying monthly into HSL.Reading this place in the last few months that is just about the last thing we need.

WhileTheChief..
14-05-2016, 08:12 PM

Which is is exactly what HSL is for, a vehicle for STF to get rid. It's just been spun as an opportunity for fans to own a piece. He can't sell the club on and doesn't want the responsibility.

In effect he's telling us to get on with it ourselves but doesn't look like we're too interested either.

Pretty Boy
14-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Which is is exactly what HSL is for, a vehicle for STF to get rid. It's just been spun as an opportunity for fans to own a piece. He can't sell the club on and doesn't want the responsibility.

In effect he's telling us to get on with it ourselves but doesn't look like we're too interested either.
Again, no argument from me..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Deansy
14-05-2016, 08:33 PM
I firmly believe we should spend a huge amount of money we don't have, fiddle our tax etc and once promoted with players way, way above our financial capability, go bankrupt - this system has proved itself lately, plus it has very little (next to nothing, really) long-lasting detrimental effect on the club ??

Waxy
14-05-2016, 08:43 PM
I firmly believe we should spend a huge amount of money we don't have, fiddle our tax etc and once promoted with players way, way above our financial capability, go bankrupt - this system has proved itself lately, plus it has very little (next to nothing, really) long-lasting detrimental effect on the club ??
Great idea. And when we're about to be liquidated we can ask Alex Salmond if he'll put a wee word in for us.This is what is making our current situation worse. Lets face it, there is no justice.

Global Hibby
14-05-2016, 09:01 PM

Deansey, The financial position of Hibs is not great reading. The suggestion for Amit to put to the board at the next board meeting for STF to delay paying his loan is a must. There is zero chance of Hibs getting loans from any bank to rack up debt in the foreseeable future so no need for you to be concerned of that happening.

Marco G
14-05-2016, 09:24 PM
What progress?If you can't see how much better things are than when he arrived then I can't help with your question.

DaveF
14-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Deansey, The financial position of Hibs is not great reading. The suggestion for Amit to put to the board at the next board meeting for STF to delay paying his loan is a must. There is zero chance of Hibs getting loans from any bank to rack up debt in the foreseeable future so no need for you to be concerned of that happening.

Did you not have a million quid in a bin bag ready to spend on Hibs not so long ago? That would help.

Marco G
14-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Wow, and what you have seen this Season, makes you think we will it next Season?Have seen a team very close to promotion, and having no luck when needed, in a league where making top spot was possible but difficult. I think next season we will finish top and then you can tell me I was right!

Global Hibby
14-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Did you not have a million quid in a bin bag ready to spend on Hibs not so long ago? That would help.

That was two years ago Dave and just seems like yesterday........sad we are still in the same space....but we do have a cup final though and knowing Hibs......it might just happen for us :thumbsup:

marinello59
14-05-2016, 09:44 PM
That was two years ago Dave and just seems like yesterday........sad we are still in the same space....but we do have a cup final though and knowing Hibs......it might just happen for us :thumbsup:

Time just flies when we are having fun GH . :greengrin

DaveF
14-05-2016, 09:45 PM

Well STF can defer his 500K, you can buy 500K worth of shares and it'll be job done for next season. Sounds like a deal to me - sorted.

Maybe then, we can move on whatever space we are in.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 09:57 PM
Have seen a team very close to promotion, and having no luck when needed, in a league where making top spot was possible but difficult. I think next season we will finish top and then you can tell me I was right!

I think we will lose most of our playing squad, so depends who we bring in, how quickly they adapt etc. Another season of transition yet again

kev1875
14-05-2016, 10:09 PM

Aye you're on the bones of your arse tam right enough eh?

Andy74
14-05-2016, 10:15 PM

He has already halved our debt and we had a payment deferred in the first year. It is also interest free?

Nah, let's just pay what we are due.

The fans said they wanted ownership change and fans to have more involvement. Now we are back to wanting handouts?

Anyway, is this the usual crowd deciding to noise up again?

Ged
14-05-2016, 10:22 PM
He has already halved our debt and we had a payment deferred in the first year. It is also interest free?

Nah, let's just pay what we are due.

I think it is, yes.

The fans said they wanted ownership change and fans to have more involvement. Now we are back to wanting handouts?

Not a handout, just let us get back on our feet before paying it back.

Anyway, is this the usual crowd deciding to noise up again?

A stag night from Hartlepool hired out the Gorilla suit from the fancy dress shop so I'm on to Plan B :greengrin

So that's a No.

JFK-1
14-05-2016, 10:26 PM
However his unwillingness to learn from developments in-game regarding formations, tactics and substitutions doesn't suggest he is a great at learning and adapting. In fact the opposite appears to be the case.

I'm a Rangers fan looking in from the outside. Do you think the Stubbs style is a million miles away from the Warburton style? The style that got Rangers out of the Championship at the first attempt of playing it?

Hibby Kay-Yay
14-05-2016, 10:27 PM

Leicester City

Johibs
15-05-2016, 12:07 AM
STF saved our club for the sake of the community, the guy doesn't even like football. We have been up for sale since to the right buyer - which hasn't been found.
I honestly do not understand why people expect him to pump money into the club?
Scottish football has no money, this is why dream owners who throw money about like there is no tomorrow don't invest in it.
Do some people think there would be a return for any money invested? - if your answer is yes I suppose the owner would also be scrutinised for taking money back out of the club too?
We have roughly the 4th biggest budget in Scotland as it is. This budget is behind the 2 teams who have achieved automatic promotion the last 2 years. The play offs are designed for the lower league team to fail by being bombarded with fixtures in a short space of time.
I'm a season ticket holder, I pay good money to come and support hibs. I understand people's frustration with this being the 3rd season we have been down here. I can honestly say i think any other team in the SPL minus Celtic and Aberdeen would be in the same situation as us given that hearts and Rangers were both in the league.
Hopefully 2 cup finals as well as the inevitable sale of Cummings provides us with some form of stability for next year and allows us to keep most of our squad.
keep Stubbs, if he doesn't win it next year then he must go.

Libby Hibby
15-05-2016, 06:59 AM
I think we will lose most of our playing squad, so depends who we bring in, how quickly they adapt etc. Another season of transition yet again

Are most of the current playing staff not got a year left on contracts? Why should we, as a club, just let them up sticks for another club, presumably to a division that their talents collectively should've got our club to this season?

The current players have talked the talk, it's now time to walk the walk.

A few key additions to certain positions and this group should be favourites to come up as Champions.

On the financial front, the £500k payment to STF is his but it would really show intent if it was deffered for a season. An intent that all of us, from top to bottom are fully behind promotion.

Enough said
15-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Leicester City we wish

Marco G
15-05-2016, 07:18 AM
STF saved our club for the sake of the community, the guy doesn't even like football. We have been up for sale since to the right buyer - which hasn't been found.
Scottish football has no money, this is why dream owners who throw money about like there is no tomorrow don't invest in it.
Do some people think there would be a return for any money invested? - if your answer is yes I suppose the owner would also be scrutinised for taking money back out of the club too?
We have roughly the 4th biggest budget in Scotland as it is. This budget is behind the 2 teams who have achieved automatic promotion the last 2 years. The play offs are designed for the lower league team to fail by being bombarded with fixtures in a short space of time.
I'm a season ticket holder, I pay good money to come and support hibs. I understand people's frustration with this being the 3rd season we have been down here. I can honestly say i think any other team in the SPL minus Celtic and Aberdeen would be in the same situation as us given that hearts and Rangers were both in the league.
Hopefully 2 cup finals as well as the inevitable sale of Cummings provides us with some form of stability for next year and allows us to keep most of our squad.
keep Stubbs, if he doesn't win it next year then he must go. Spot on and I think that is exactly how things are. The play offs are a lottery, winning the league is what we can and must do.

spike220
15-05-2016, 07:41 AM
keep Stubbs, if he doesn't win it next year then he must go.

You are speaking a lot of sense buddy.

green&left
15-05-2016, 08:19 AM
Farmer should've left after the East stand was completed. That could've been his lasting legacy - saved the club then rebuilt the entire infrastructure.

If Hutchison and Boyle can gift their stakes in Motherwell to the supporters I'd lime to think STF could do similar for us. Especially since what we have had to endure for the last 4-5 seasons!

Ged
15-05-2016, 08:25 AM

Read the thread again. Properly this time.

That's not what this is about, it's a deferral.

Speedy
15-05-2016, 08:37 AM
Wow, and what you have seen this Season, makes you think we will it next Season?

Take Rangers out the equation and we'd have been 1 goal away from winning the league this year, and the year before we'd have won it if Hearts weren't there. Obviously it's not as simple as that but everything is there to suggest we'll be there or there abouts next season.

Caversham Green
15-05-2016, 08:45 AM
I think Ged is getting an unfair hearing here. Deferral of the repayments is a reasonable proposal (although I believe they are being paid monthly which makes a bit of a difference) and one that I believe would happen if STF deemed it absolutely necessary.

There's also a poster on this thread who was willing to put money into the club a few years ago. How about a £1m interest-free loan to the club with a year's repayment holiday from him? Or sponsor a marquee signing's wages for next season?

Marco G
15-05-2016, 09:30 AM
Farmer should've left after the East stand was completed. That could've been his lasting legacy - saved the club then rebuilt the entire infrastructure.

If Hutchison and Boyle can gift their stakes in Motherwell to the supporters I'd lime to think STF could do similar for us. Especially since what we have had to endure for the last 4-5 seasons!Sir Tom Farmer is doing what you want, but gifting it to fans who don't have the financial backing to run the club if things go wrong is not a great idea. The system we have lets fans inject funding, get increasing say in how the club is run, but still has a "bank of last resort" in the form of STF if required.
D

WeAreHibs
15-05-2016, 09:45 AM
The only 2 chairmen to make money Farmer and Thomson go figure

I'm assuming you mean Thomson Jnr?

Global Hibby
15-05-2016, 11:11 AM
I think Ged is getting an unfair hearing here. Deferral of the repayments is a reasonable proposal (although I believe they are being paid monthly which makes a bit of a difference) and one that I believe would happen if STF deemed it absolutely necessary.

There's also a poster on this thread who was willing to put money into the club a few years ago. How about a £1m interest-free loan to the club with a year's repayment holiday from him? Or sponsor a marquee signing's wages for next season?

For what it is worth CG. I was one of four Hibs fans who were 100% funding the Griffiths deal which almost got over the line. I personally offered to buy Faissal El Bakhtaoul who I thought would provide options to the first team squad to unlock packed defences, but, who was deemed to be not good enough by Hibs player recruiting.

Anyway, let's not let these things detract cause any divisions among those on here and let's focus into supporting the club fully in what could be a historic event :thumbsup:

Caversham Green
15-05-2016, 11:15 AM
For what it is worth CG. I was one of four Hibs fans who were 100% funding the Griffiths deal which almost got over the line. I personally offered to buy Faissal El Bakhtaoul who I thought would provide options to the first team squad to unlock packed defences, but, who was deemed to be not good enough by Hibs player recruiting.

Anyway, let's not let these things detract cause any divisions among those on here and let's focus into supporting the club fully in what could be a historic event :thumbsup:

Good on ye GH, keep trying and one might stick.

Global Hibby
15-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Good on ye GH, keep trying and one might stick.

Thanks CG and let's hope we stick a few in the net on Saturday :flag:

147lothian
16-05-2016, 06:02 PM

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

DaveF
17-05-2016, 06:38 AM
I still think this is a sensible idea. Have Amit or Frank seen it or been made aware?

Ronniekirk
17-05-2016, 07:21 AM
On what basis?

Can only be on the basis of If at first you don't succeed Try Try Try again
There has to be a serious risk if he stays that he might not get us back up next season as Ray McKinnon has shown what he can do at Rairh and he has time and more resources at united St mirren improved under their new Manager and will want to be in top four .
Stubbs has kept the bulk of his team intact for the two seasons so he would need to accept his players haven't been
good enough to get us promoted and rebuild Is he up to that task given how loyal he has been to is players
He has had backing yet we still don't have a reliable goalkeeper ,we don't have a prolific scoring mid fielder which was something we all agreed was needed , we don't have a striking partnership and therefor don't score enough goals , we lack pace and width and we have lost late goals to high balls into the box which we cant eradicate
So Lee Ann and the Board need to be sure he can rebuild a team to get us out of the Championship not one that can beat teams from the league above us as we need to lear how to break down the Teams that know they just have to have banks of defenders and we will struggle to break them down

I still think someone down south will offer Stubbs a job based on his potential and he will go , but if that doesn't happen Lee Ann knows the consequences of not coming up next season for the Club and she must privately be questioning if Stubbs is the right man given the backing he has had
If Falkirk go up that will be a real sickener

greenpaper55
17-05-2016, 07:36 AM
The club is owned by a non footballing person and the chairman is likewise, they both do not see us being in a lower division as a failure, only the club going bust would qualify as a failure. Petrie was put in place to safeguard the owners investment and if you look at it in a business sense he has done that and if the club is a success on the park all the better but neither of them will lose a minutes sleep when we lose a game. We need investment to have a better squad than any other team to get out of this league but don't hold your breath on that score !

Gatecrasher
17-05-2016, 07:50 AM
I don't think its an unreasonable request either, I don't know why so many people are taking it to heart. Look at budge at Hearts for example she is putting £300k of her own money to help finance their new stand, Milne at Aberdeen pretty much cleared their debt. It's normal for owners of football clubs to help it out from time to time and I don't think its too much to ask STF to help us out a little while we are in the Championship. He will still get his money just a little later than he original anticipated.

Baldy Foghorn
17-05-2016, 08:36 AM
I still think this is a sensible idea. Have Amit or Frank seen it or been made aware?

Yes......

wookie70
17-05-2016, 10:33 AM

Worked well for Leicester as well as the Poppy Thieves and Sevco

Geo_1875
17-05-2016, 11:49 AM
I don't think its an unreasonable request either, I don't know why so many people are taking it to heart. Look at budge at Hearts for example she is putting £300k of her own money to help finance their new stand, Milne at Aberdeen pretty much cleared their debt. It's normal for owners of football clubs to help it out from time to time and I don't think its too much to ask STF to help us out a little while we are in the Championship. He will still get his money just a little later than he original anticipated.

No she isn't.

Gatecrasher
17-05-2016, 11:54 AM
No she isn't.

Hearts owner Ann Budge today pledged to pay £300,000 of her own money towards the new main stand at Tynecastle. The Edinburgh businesswoman has also offered to defer repayment of her £2.5million loan to allow fans group Foundation of Hearts to contribute more cash to the project.

“Finally, I have also offered to waive all interest payments due to BIDCO, during the period of up to two years when this deferral is in operation. This would effectively be my personal contribution of £300,000 to the main stand fund.”

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/budge-pledges-300k-to-new-stand-and-defers-hearts-repayment-1-4123949

Andy74
17-05-2016, 12:01 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/budge-pledges-300k-to-new-stand-and-defers-hearts-repayment-1-4123949

Is taking slightly less of other people's money the same as contributing your own? Maybe.

Gatecrasher
17-05-2016, 12:03 PM
Is taking slightly less of other people's money the same as contributing your own? Maybe.

Well if she is waiving the payment of £300k and putting it towards the stand then that's as good as giving it to them in my book.

stantonhibby
17-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Well if she is waiving the payment of £300k and putting it towards the stand then that's as good as giving it to them in my book.

She is waiving the interest payments which were going to be paid to her.....I would say that is different from her writing out a cheque for £300k. She'll still be getting all her money back I think.

SunshineOnLeith
17-05-2016, 12:16 PM
they both do not see us being in a lower division as a failure,

Did they tell you that, aye? Or are you just making stuff up?

147lothian
17-05-2016, 04:12 PM
There are crucial times when investment has to be made in the playing department of a football club, 2013-2014 was one such time because with the huns out of the picture and the hertz, mortally wounded, that was the time to push for top 6, make Edinburgh a one premier league team, that the next generation of football supporter would have been drawn to, in that season we really needed to invest in a goal scorer, the January transfer window came and went it didn't happen, even though a blind man could have told you, it was where we were weak the end result was we got relegated

Next season is also going to be another crucial time because with hertz and huns out of the league we have to give the team the best chance of winning the league and avoiding the lottery of the play offs. In this light I don't think its too much to ask Famer to put his 5000k payment on hold it could make the difference between being back where we should be or spending a fourth year in the second tier of Scottish football

147lothian
17-05-2016, 04:16 PM
500k butter fingers

Andy74
17-05-2016, 04:16 PM
There are crucial times when investment has to be made in the playing department of a football club, 2013-2014 was one such time because with the huns out of the picture and the hertz, mortally wounded, that was the time to push for top 6, make Edinburgh a one premier league team, that the next generation of football supporter would have been drawn to, in that season we really needed to invest in a goal scorer, the January transfer window came and went it didn't happen, even though a blind man could have told you, it was where we were weak the end result was we got relegated

Next season is also going to be another crucial time because with hertz and huns out of the league we have to give the team the best chance of winning the league and avoiding the lottery of the play offs. In this light I don't think its too much to ask Famer to put his 5000k payment on hold it could make the difference between being back where we should be or spending a fourth year in the second tier of Scottish football

How much more than Falkirk spend is going to be enough do you think?

Ozyhibby
17-05-2016, 04:32 PM

With a new manager who realises the importance of scoring goals, the £500k should be enough.

DaveF
17-05-2016, 04:33 PM

That's not really the point though is it Andy?

I know you have made much of the fact that they finished above and papped us out the play offs on a fraction of our budget, but surely an advantage - any advantage - should be sought to help us win the league next season?

With a new manager (or same manager with new outlook) that 500K could make a massive difference.

bigwheel
17-05-2016, 04:34 PM

Honestly Andy74 what a dissapointment...you are sadly just trolling now. You know fine well that there is not a direct correlation between money and performance - Can I introduce you to Leicester City? The poster makes a helpful, slightly different, suggestion about maximising finance for next year and you hit him with this. How boring.

Tyler Durden
17-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Andy is quite right, we had the squad to win the league this year. We'll still have the biggest budget in the league next season and the manager will have the support required to deliver the relative success of winning the Championship.

Why stop at £500k, should Farmer not donate more cash? Where do you draw the line?

Andy74
17-05-2016, 04:44 PM
That's not really the point though is it Andy?

I know you have made much of the fact that they finished above and papped us out the play offs on a fraction of our budget, but surely an advantage - any advantage - should be sought to help us win the league next season?

With a new manager (or same manager with new outlook) that 500K could make a massive difference.

My point was it wasn't about budget. We had a bigger budget and failed.

If you essentially chuck an extra £500k at it and we still have failings in the team it's a very big hit for nothing.

The target should be a coaching staff who will use our current budget to its potential.

Andy74
17-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Honestly Andy74 what a dissapointment...you are sadly just trolling now. You know fine well that there is not a direct correlation between money and performance - Can I introduce you to Leicester City? The poster makes a helpful, slightly different, suggestion about maximising finance for next year and you hit him with this. How boring.

I think you are making my point. It's not about money.

The trolling comment is pathetic though.

DaveF
17-05-2016, 04:50 PM

If you essentially chuck an extra £500k at it and we still have failings in the team it's a very big hit for nothing.

The target should be a coaching staff who will use our current budget to its potential.

I completely agree, but fail to see why asking for such a deferral can be seen as anything other than a massive positive for any new coach?

Kaiser1962
17-05-2016, 04:51 PM

No he didnt.

Billy Whizz
17-05-2016, 04:52 PM
No he didnt.

Think it was somebody called Donald and his wife

stantonhibby
17-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Think it was somebody called Donald and his wife

Daisy?

Billy Whizz
17-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Daisy?

It was actually Willie Donald and his wife Elaine, think it was just shy of £16million

147lothian
17-05-2016, 04:56 PM

Its just about gaining an advantage m8, there are no guarantees in football, for me a fourth consecutive year in the second tier is unthinkable, I just want us to be giving the best possible chance of avoiding that happening

Kaiser1962
17-05-2016, 05:07 PM
I think you are making my point. It's not about money.

The trolling comment is pathetic though.

It's definitely not.

Taken over the last 17 games the team that amassed most points was......Raith Rovers. Unfortunately Hibs were fourth (2pts ahead of St Mirren) over that period which, for me, was the problem and we need to identify and correct why there was such a slump in form.

You could also point to Mourinho at Chelsea or LVG and Moyes at ManU as an example of why it doesnt always work out or at Ranieri where it does and how could Leicester do it where many, many others have tried and failed. If you could answer these you would be well on your way to being very wealthy indeed.

MWHIBBIES
17-05-2016, 05:11 PM
With a new manager who realises the importance of scoring goals, the £500k should be enough.We didn't go out against Falkirk because we didn't score enough, 4 goals is more than enough, losing 5 is shocking.

eastcoasthibby
17-05-2016, 05:58 PM
I'm a Rangers fan looking in from the outside. Do you think the Stubbs style is a million miles away from the Warburton style? The style that got Rangers out of the Championship at the first attempt of playing it?
They have two full backs that give them quality in the last third of the park !!!

tamig
17-05-2016, 06:49 PM
It's definitely not.

Taken over the last 17 games the team that amassed most points was......Raith Rovers. Unfortunately Hibs were fourth (2pts ahead of St Mirren) over that period which, for me, was the problem and we need to identify and correct why there was such a slump in form.

You could also point to Mourinho at Chelsea or LVG and Moyes at ManU as an example of why it doesnt always work out or at Ranieri where it does and how could Leicester do it where many, many others have tried and failed. If you could answer these you would be well on your way to being very wealthy indeed.

I made exactly the same point on the second page of this thread. Stubbs has been backed to the hilt, assembled arguably the best squad in the division but still couldn't set them up to beat some of the dross we've faced.

Global Hibby
17-05-2016, 08:26 PM

Hi Andy74, Interesting conversation and what was the budget of Falkirk and how much below the Hibs budget is it ? Where would you say the coaching staff at Hibs could have used the budget for greater return ? In what way did Falkirk use their budget wiser than Hibs ?

matty_f
17-05-2016, 08:56 PM
Hi Andy74, Interesting conversation and what was the budget of Falkirk and how much below the Hibs budget is it ? Where would you say the coaching staff at Hibs could have used the budget for greater return ? In what way did Falkirk use their budget wiser than Hibs ?

They didn't spend it on players who got injured like Fyvie, McGeouch, Fontaine, Hanlon, Boyle etc.

Danderhall Hibs
17-05-2016, 09:05 PM
They didn't spend it on players who got injured like Fyvie, McGeouch, Fontaine, Hanlon, Boyle etc.

Carmichael and Farid as well.

Take away the money spent on them - is our budget that much higher than Falkirk's?

The Modfather
17-05-2016, 09:08 PM

They spent it on a balanced squad, one set up to play the league they are in.

Danderhall Hibs
17-05-2016, 09:12 PM

How did they know they wouldn't get injuries? That's a great skill to add when recruiting.

Global Hibby
17-05-2016, 09:14 PM

Google Connie McLaughlan and you will see where some of the Falkirk budget was spent.....Connie is a behavioural and performance specialist and if I knew how to get her photo on here am sure this thread would be the number one thread on here Matty ha ha

The Modfather
17-05-2016, 09:20 PM
How did they know they wouldn't get injuries? That's a great skill to add when recruiting.

We're not unique in getting injuries. I would suggest it's not a balanced squad if you can take out 2 players (Boyle & Carmichael) and the result being we have literally no viable alternatives in wide midfield on either flank.

Others had a squad better able to cope with injuries.

greenginger
17-05-2016, 09:21 PM
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-prod/docs/GNZgUap4jVVxoxjh6W5RtJA4OM5-V-vDmVlUNeHG-W4/application-pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=ASIAIDJHQXFXPS4I4TFQ&Expires=1463519746&Signature=Mx2L0EhlcmIOd4ZZ9pv68rDKf3Y%3D&x-amz-security-token=FQoDYXdzEK3%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FwEa DFrLeDqNi9Yk%2FivNhyKZA48P2FSPBqp660PUas4f1FjbS*** rHiSqYOi29Q8XqQah7fcqVqjwYt0gcpN08Uuw2NTdir2kC4rVe FahhnZzoUY%2B3Rxq9IWogsZzYCShNO6%2Fs6CdHQBbdfwOtBN fu2UvLkwruh%2BGrceLBuku%2B%2FytUolK38KZtenGWDCcN%2 FOJI3751%2BcLCt9LsyC%2BHm6OiQox1s1tAeoB%2FsmoZMXuB EZGOXsLH%2FScJWZmVblYc3razjCd1ijM5eqkHYLDCK0fAjvQa LLFIt9epoeG%2B6iGKILxBhVUtgQngjDCCC6LKfOMbpd5u6ETK B3%2FKfov0jUChylozFyb7TaXl9%2FkbM0uTh8bcXvxLmW8c2c %2BbyirRhkKYrC7Uu%2BYGTjgsSmzvoF1QgFhqBwtuhBgGPxg9 OUM0gLQZ0xaBMzyfEq3ZXSawjVg2gBuHzbQr30dkHr1v5CFw%2 BuKBA0uABJm%2BUlvLbwEdsSATOvHeHizJU4vUer6vzQvS4Uqn yH1G7mSdQ6WSsUWF4PCRUEYtYL%2F6cyjejyK2J0MjZ5jLV2oF ntxi4opfftuQU%3D

Falkirk only produce Small Company Accounts, so not much info on turnover and staff costs.

They did make a profit of almost £ 1.2 million in 2015 thanks to their appearance in the Scottish Cup final. I'm sure a chunk of that went on the squad for this season.

matty_f
17-05-2016, 09:26 PM

Our squad, when available is very balanced. If we'd only been down one or two we'd probably not have noticed.

Danderhall Hibs
17-05-2016, 09:26 PM
We're not unique in getting injuries. I would suggest it's not a balanced squad if you can take out 2 players (Boyle & Carmichael) and the result being we have literally no viable alternatives in wide midfield on either flank.

Others had a squad better able to cope with injuries.

We're not unique but neither Rangers or Falkirk had the list of injuries we had.

matty_f
17-05-2016, 09:28 PM
We're not unique but neither Rangers or Falkirk had the list of injuries we had.

That's because a Dutch guy said Stubbs wasn't training them right in pre-season, mind.

The Modfather
17-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Our squad, when available is very balanced. If we'd only been down one or two we'd probably not have noticed.

Can't say I agree at all. Full of quality yes, but woefully short of pace and width.

Boyle and Carmichael are the closest thing we have, but not sure either are really wingers. Even if they are, to have only 1 player for either flank for a whole season doesn't suggest balance to me.

For all the Lewis Stevenson thread is rumbling on, god knows what we would have done down the left side if he had been injured for any period of time.

hhibs
17-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Google Connie McLaughlan and you will see where some of the Falkirk budget was spent.....Connie is a behavioural and performance specialist and if I knew how to get her photo on here am sure this thread would be the number one thread on here Matty ha ha

Exactly the type of support that Hibs need and ,I mean at all levels of the club.

The club,from Board .Coaching staff,Medical staff and the players need this input and it should always be an important budget line.

Global Hibby
17-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Exactly the type of support that Hibs need and ,I mean at all levels of the club.

The club,from Board .Coaching staff,Medical staff and the players need this input and it should always be an important budget line.

I agree HHibs and this is what has been missing at Hibs for the last decade.........for years it's been this manger or these players not performing, no passion etc.....even Bartley mentioned this re desire in his very honest interview recently......the root cause issue points towards a cultural problem and its a symptom that keeps returning no mater who the manager is or which players we have.

we can't keep questioning the managers and players and then blaming the supporters etc......am tired of hearing the same old same old.

matty_f
17-05-2016, 10:04 PM
I agree HHibs and this is what has been missing at Hibs for the last decade.........for years it's been this manger or these players not performing, no passion etc.....even Bartley mentioned this re desire in his very honest interview recently......the root cause issue points towards a cultural problem and its a symptom that keeps returning no mater who the manager is or which players we have.

we can't keep questioning the managers and players and then blaming the supporters etc......am tired of hearing the same old same old.

That's wrong. If there was a deep rooted cultural problem how would we have reached two cup finals this season, and the Scottish Cup semi last season?

How would we have had one of the joint third best defences in the country this season?

It's sport, we win, we lose. Sometimes we win when we expect to lose, sometimes we lose when we expect to win.

It's not because of a cultural issue. If it was cultural and deep rooted we lose at Tynie, or Inverness, or on penalties to Dundee Utd. In fact, if it was cultural we wouldn't have gotten that far.

We need to stop just churning out this nonsense because it suits a point of view to say it and ignore all the things that contradict it.

Falkirk, for all their wonderful culture and balanced squad, beat us once this season, having benefited from two huge refereeing decisions.