PDA

View Full Version : Question Do we still need Fan Reps on the board, or should an independent voice be heard?

Carheenlea
14-05-2016, 11:14 AM
We are entering what is a critical time for our club, regardless of next weeks outcome, and I just wonder if the time is maybe right to mobilise a fans pressure group in order to be a voice to continue reminding the board of our expectations/concerns for the new season and going forward.
I thought the fans reps was a great initiative, but with the benifit of hindsight I feel an independent voice might be better in giving us a stronger platform. This is in no way criticism of Frank or Amit, more about the role they have been given being a bit different to the roles I thought they might have had.
We need to be heard, and a more public voice with no association to the club might be just that bit a stronger voice. We all want our club back where it should be, and we should never accept lower league status.

lyonhibs
14-05-2016, 11:27 AM
We are entering what is a critical time for our club, regardless of next weeks outcome, and I just wonder if the time is maybe right to mobilise a fans pressure group in order to be a voice to continue reminding the board of our expectations/concerns for the new season and going forward.
I thought the fans reps was a great initiative, but with the benifit of hindsight I feel an independent voice might be better in giving us a stronger platform. This is in no way criticism of Frank or Amit, more about the role they have been given being a bit different to the roles I thought they might have had.
We need to be heard, and a more public voice with no association to the club might be just that bit a stronger voice. We all want our club back where it should be, and we should never accept lower league status.

The fans would be on the outside then, without any real influence over the decision makers, beyond shouting "Stubbs Out" with a few placards or whatever.

An how would this independent voice make itself heard? Through a "Mike Reilly, Hibernian Supporters representative" style figurehead? (Not a criticism of Mr Reilly whom I've never met by the way)

I would fear any organised fans pressure group would be founded and start with all the right intentions but before long splinter into a "People's Front of Judea" style mess.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Time for change from Top to Bottom. Nothing anounced from the Club, no apologies, nothing, silence is deafening.....

Carheenlea
14-05-2016, 12:03 PM
The fans would be on the outside then, without any real influence over the decision makers, beyond shouting "Stubbs Out" with a few placards or whatever.

An how would this independent voice make itself heard? Through a "Mike Reilly, Hibernian Supporters representative" style figurehead? (Not a criticism of Mr Reilly whom I've never met by the way)

I would fear any organised fans pressure group would be founded and start with all the right intentions but before long splinter into a "People's Front of Judea" style mess.

That would not be conducive, I agree. I was just wondering what other fans thoughts were on the subject. The silence after our treatment at Ibrox concerned me somewhat, and made me question if our voice in the boardroom was as strong as what we would have expected, and whether or not Frank and Amit were given enough airtime in the boardroom to represent us, or whether going independently would be more fruitful.

Carheenlea
14-05-2016, 12:04 PM
Time for change from Top to Bottom. Nothing anounced from the Club, no apologies, nothing, silence is deafening.....

:agree:

Tyler Durden
14-05-2016, 12:04 PM

What do you want them to say?

Eyrie
14-05-2016, 12:06 PM

I think that the necessary apology should wait until after the Cup final, regardless of whether we win or lose that game.

Carheenlea
14-05-2016, 12:07 PM

Something that might give us some encouragement that our quest to win the league next season will be a serious one. Failure to win promotion next season can't be contemplated.

marinello59
14-05-2016, 12:07 PM

They will no doubt come out and tell us that everybody at the club is hurting as much as the fans. Which is crap.

Beefster
14-05-2016, 12:08 PM
Has anyone any idea of what the fans reps have actually achieved?

Aside from a statement from Frank and a couple of posts from Amit, communications has been practically zilch. Maybe I've just not been listening though.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 12:11 PM

That Failure to get promoted is not acceptable. The Club has failed totally......

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 12:12 PM
They will no doubt come out and tell us that everybody at the club is hurting as much as the fans. Which is crap.

LD said that after 3 months in role after defeat to Alloa. Patronising rubbish, the fans pay money, kick every ball, and hurt beyond description

Onion
14-05-2016, 12:12 PM

That's a good observation. The Club could and should Have issued a short statement after last nights devestating defeat. Our no 1 goal was to get promoted and we've just failed miserably. The fans who have stuck with them throughout this horrible campaign deserve that at least. LD should have had this sorted.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 12:13 PM

Aside from a statement from Frank and a couple of posts from Amit, communications has been practically zilch. Maybe I've just not been listening though.

A lot of hard work behind the scenes, but do they really represent us? Frank hurts like hell, goes to every game, must be hard to be pragmatic at board meetings

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 12:15 PM
That's a good observation. The Club could and should Have issued a short statement after last nights devestating defeat. Our no 1 goal was to get promoted and we've just failed miserably. The fans who have stuck with them throughout this horrible campaign deserve that at least. LD should have had this sorted.

Shows how much importance the fans are thought of.....Probably get the begging letters soon, saying our Club needs you:rolleyes:

Carheenlea
14-05-2016, 12:17 PM
A lot of hard work behind the scenes, but do they really represent us? Frank hurts like hell, goes to every game, must be hard to be pragmatic at board meetings

Frank was sat a couple of rows behind me - the man looked shattered.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Frank was sat a couple of rows behind me - the man looked shattered.

He is, the role has taken it's toll on him. A real Hibs man, who is devastated at proceedings

lucky
14-05-2016, 12:41 PM
How is an apology from Hibs going to help? We need our reps on the board to communicate better with us.

Billy Whizz
14-05-2016, 12:43 PM
That Failure to get promoted is not acceptable. The Club has failed totally......

It has BF, but let's wait until after the Cup Final, need the club and the players to focus 100% on next Saturday

Pretty Boy
14-05-2016, 12:45 PM
LD said that after 3 months in role after defeat to Alloa. Patronising rubbish, the fans pay money, kick every ball, and hurt beyond description

Spot on.

Gordy M
14-05-2016, 12:49 PM
Im sorry but what would that achieve? A statement from the club to say we have failed....the manager and players have let the club down....but lets get behind them for the scottish cup final??? Id be raging if the club released a statement like that. Lets wait til after saturday and they can release as many statements as they want, blame whoever they want.

Pretty Boy
14-05-2016, 12:50 PM

The failure to get promoted wouldn't be so bad if we had actually given it a real good go.

In 2 seasons we haven't laid a glove on the eventual league winners and never even got as far as a play off final. Our total collapse in the latter part of this season forced an extra 2 games on a squad that was absolutely shattered anyway. We have regressed this year, and given the credit Stubbs got for coaxing something out the mess he inherited, that's unacceptable. He had a whole season and a pre season to prepare this year and we were, like last year, miles off being promoted.

marinello59
14-05-2016, 12:51 PM

Exactly.

Ozyhibby
14-05-2016, 12:55 PM
If the fans want to be more involved, why not Join HSL. Once HSL get to 20%, they are entitled to a seat on the board.
Right now we are only at 1500 members. There is plenty of room to grow if everyone gets behind the scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 12:59 PM
If the fans want to be more involved, why not Join HSL. Once HSL get to 20%, they are entitled to a seat on the board.
Right now we are only at 1500 members. There is plenty of room to grow if everyone gets behind the scheme.

HSL Board members don't inspire me one jot........What difference do you think they would make to Board?

Forza Fred
14-05-2016, 01:02 PM
Frank and Amit didn't play against Falkirk so it's no their fault we got beat by them.

However there is no doubt that the 'Grand Plan' Plan, whatever it is, is in tatters and apart from cost cutting measures that will have to be introduced, it needs revisiting.

The time to do that is at the end of the season, after the cup final we need to review what went right, and what didn't and seek improvements.

Otherwise we'll never get out of this league.

Amit
14-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Every bit of feedback that fans want represented at Board level has been done so. I can assure you of that. I write a board report every month which is debated and discussed with Myself and Frank being pretty active in that sense.

Yesterday was brutal, just brutal. Going from the high of the day for me which was seeing the happy and cheerful faces in the concourse at half time singing the JK song to defeat and failure to get promoted is just brutal. It really is...

Carheenlea
14-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Every bit of feedback that fans want represented at Board level has been done so. I can assure you of that. I write a board report every month which is debated and discussed with Myself and Frank being pretty active in that sense.

Yesterday was brutal, just brutal. Going from the high of the day for me which was seeing the happy and cheerful faces in the concourse at half time singing the JK song to defeat and failure to get promoted is just brutal. It really is...

I just want to make clear that the point of this thread was in no way a criticism of either yourself or Frank, but to query about how much of a voice we the fans have, and whether the continuation of fans reps on the board is the best way to achieve that, or if an independent body would be better.
Thanks for your reply, and while it is good to hear that supporters concerns do get raised in the boardroom, we don't tend to hear too much about it. Whether that is down to confidentiality I'm nor sure. My concerns are that we are now in one of the most critical periods in our club's history, and one which could determine what path our clubs goes down in the future. We all want to be back in the top flight, of course we do, but during this period it is absolutely essential that the fans have a strong voice and influence.

Amit
14-05-2016, 02:06 PM
I just want to make clear that the point of this thread was in no way a criticism of either yourself or Frank, but to query about how much of a voice we the fans have, and whether the continuation of fans reps on the board is the best way to achieve that, or if an independent body would be better.
Thanks for your reply, and while it is good to hear that supporters concerns do get raised in the boardroom, we don't tend to hear too much about it. Whether that is down to confidentiality I'm nor sure. My concerns are that we are now in one of the most critical periods in our club's history, and one which could determine what path our clubs goes down in the future. We all want to be back in the top flight, of course we do, but during this period it is absolutely essential that the fans have a strong voice and influence.

I wholeheartedly agree with your point and all the hurt and comments from the fall out of yesterday won't fall on deaf ears, I can assure you of that.

Ozyhibby
14-05-2016, 02:23 PM
HSL Board members don't inspire me one jot........What difference do you think they would make to Board?

I'm struggling to see how anyone could do worse than our board. Each to their own though I suppose.
My point was that it is already in the fans power to become more involved. It's up to us.
What is it about an HSL board member that you are so against?

Onion
14-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Im sorry but what would that achieve? A statement from the club to say we have failed....the manager and players have let the club down....but lets get behind them for the scottish cup final??? Id be raging if the club released a statement like that. Lets wait til after saturday and they can release as many statements as they want, blame whoever they want.

So we're left with edited sound bites through a hostile and an unsupportive media who have zero emotional connection to Hibs fans and are the last folk to empathise with us. Not good enough. It's like the dark days of Petrie era. LD is a skilled communicator and it's not beyond her to construct a few words without upsetting everyone. To say nothing at all is disturbing.

lucky
14-05-2016, 02:46 PM

Who said HSL board members would be elected to represent HSL members on the Hibs board? It will be OMOV

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 02:55 PM
I'm struggling to see how anyone could do worse than our board. Each to their own though I suppose.
My point was that it is already in the fans power to become more involved. It's up to us.
What is it about an HSL board member that you are so against?

Get what you are saying about current Board, but nobody on HSL inspires me if they were on Hibs Board. SD and LD already on both.....

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Who said HSL board members would be elected to represent HSL members on the Hibs board? It will be OMOV

So it could be an HSL member then?

Ozyhibby
14-05-2016, 02:56 PM

100% correct.
It's up the members who they want to represent them.

Ozyhibby
14-05-2016, 02:57 PM
So it could be an HSL member then?

Yes of course. Could be you.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Yes of course. Could be you.

Don't think I would last long on Board......Too volatile an individual.

Can you really see HSL reaching the target of 20% after recent events?

Pretty Boy
14-05-2016, 03:04 PM
Get what you are saying about current Board, but nobody on HSL inspires me if they were on Hibs Board. SD and LD already on both.....

I don't want to get into an argument with you S because I respect your opinion and I know we are coming at this from different angles.

However it is worth bearing in mind that the HSL board can be changed every 2 years in elections. If people really want HSL to be a voice for regime change they could join up and put candidates in place to force a directional change. Everyone from SD and LD through to Jackie Mac and Charlie Reid can be removed from the HSL board if it's what the members desire.

Ozyhibby
14-05-2016, 03:06 PM

The alternative is to give up and accept that Hearts are going to always have a far bigger player budget due to the £1.2m a year that FoH gives them.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 03:07 PM
I don't want to get into an argument with you S because I respect your opinion and I know we are coming at this from different angles.

However it is worth bearing in mind that the HSL board can be changed every 2 years in elections. If people really want HSL to be a voice for regime change they could join up and put candidates in place to force a directional change. Everyone from SD and LD through to Jackie Mac and Charlie Reid can be removed from the HSL board if it's what the members desire.

Fair point:aok:

lucky
14-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Fair point:aok:

Baldy, HSL desperately needs people like you to get involved. Even if your branch took a membership it would help

marinello59
14-05-2016, 03:12 PM

No.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Baldy, HSL desperately needs people like you to get involved. Even if your branch took a membership it would help

I am an HSL member. Our Branch has bought shares direct. Done our bit, fear we will need monies to fund buses to away games, as can't see us being at capacity each week......

Global Hibby
14-05-2016, 03:26 PM
I am an HSL member. Our Branch has bought shares direct. Done our bit, fear we will need monies to fund buses to away games, as can't see us being at capacity each week......

BF, let me know the shortfall at beginning of next season and I will sort out the gap for you guys.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 03:30 PM
BF, let me know the shortfall at beginning of next season and I will sort out the gap for you guys.

Lovely offer, thanks, but we have money to fund buses, just not spending on more shares....

Steve-O
14-05-2016, 05:13 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with your point and all the hurt and comments from the fall out of yesterday won't fall on deaf ears, I can assure you of that.

We want GUARANTEES that Stubbs and Petrie will leave, we'll win the league next year, we'll win the cup next week, we'll never lose a last minute goal again and also a statement from the club apologising that doesn't say they're hurting as much as the fans.

Not too much to ask is it? :greengrin

Amit
14-05-2016, 05:17 PM
We want GUARANTEES that Stubbs and Petrie will leave, we'll win the league next year, we'll win the cup next week, we'll never lose a last minute goal again and also a statement from the club apologising that doesn't say they're hurting as much as the fans.

Not too much to ask is it? :greengrin

Noted. Hope you are well fella!

silverhibee
14-05-2016, 07:06 PM

Think you have summed it up well enough, pointless appointments, as you say, what have they done in there time as fans reps, certainly not been communicating with the fans that's for sure, apart from a few posts on here, FFS, a fans rep that isn't keen on using social media.

Deary me.

silverhibee
14-05-2016, 07:13 PM

I thought that being "fans reps" that that was there role, plenty was said on here after our last trip to Ibrox regards the way our manager and fans were treated but we heard nothing from them, or the club.

Not having a owner who is hands on is killing our club.

I wonder if our players even know who owns our club.

silverhibee
14-05-2016, 07:15 PM
He is, the role has taken it's toll on him. A real Hibs man, who is devastated at proceedings

He isn't the only one, we are all gutted.

Something not right at this club, I would start at the very top.

SunshineOnLeith
14-05-2016, 07:15 PM
The alternative is to give up and accept that Hearts are going to always have a far bigger player budget due to the £1.2m a year that FoH gives them.

Or sell more season tickets.

Or attract more regular walk up fans.

Or sell more merchandise.

Or develop and sell more young players.

Or negotiate more lucrative sponsorship agreements.

Or buy shares direct.

Or maximise additional revenue streams from function suites etc.

Your constant parroting of the line that HSL is somehow the only way forward for Hibs and Hibs fans is boring and tiresome.

truehibernian
14-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Think you have summed it up well enough, pointless appointments, as you say, what have they done in there time as fans reps, certainly not been communicating with the fans that's for sure, apart from a few posts on here, FFS, a fans rep that isn't keen on using social media.

Deary me.

Lip service appointments SH - fans rep system is always fraught with the reps themselves going into it 'starry eyed' and then themselves becoming part of boardroom fabric - to be truly Independant the Fans Reps should have a dedicated channel, site, reporting mechanism and social media sites - this then becomes a record which can be audited, governed, etc.

The two reps posts I've read were full of positive spin with no challenge - that's not what it's meant to be - for example, right now, the fans reps should be asking fans for views on pricing, manager, youth policy - these views then taken to the club for comment !

Daz1875
14-05-2016, 07:20 PM

So does Amit !

Daz1875
14-05-2016, 07:29 PM
So BF you think that by being a HSL member will help? I know that one of the fans reps is a HSL member make what that you want.
I have never seen Frank in the East stand with the fans which is where I sit and even if he has a seat in the west I know for a Fact! the other board member has sat in every stand with the FANS! And been on buses to chat etc! If I hadn't been at the shareholder night I wouldn't know who he was and I am in the Hibs club before every game ! and btw he doesn't represent me as he is not a very good public speaker In my eyes! To say that frank was upset last night clearly didn't spend an hour travelling back and forward to the game last night and say with him ! Stubbs needs to go and this is has nothing to do with the fans reps ! I have nothing more to say on this matter

Viking
14-05-2016, 07:49 PM
I dont want to deviate from the initial topic question of whether fans reps are needed but I've got to agree with and echo Daz1875's comments....Amit is the only one of the two Ive ever seen at Hibs Club or behind goals meeting and chatting with fans and going on different supporters busses to get as many views etc as he can. I have never seen Frank do any of this and have only ever seen him post game walking out of the west stand. Hopefully everyone at the club can rally together (board, playing staff & fans) for another week, give us the best shot of winning the cup then worry about moving on, people leaving etc. Lets do this. GGTTH

marinello59
14-05-2016, 07:52 PM
I dont want to deviate from the initial topic question of whether fans reps are needed but I've got to agree with and echo Daz1875's comments....Amit is the only one of the two Ive ever seen at Hibs Club or behind goals meeting and chatting with fans and going on different supporters busses to get as many views etc as he can. I have never seen Frank do any of this and have only ever seen him post game walking out of the west stand. Hopefully everyone at the club can rally together (board, playing staff & fans) for another week, give us the best shot of winning the cup then worry about moving on, people leaving etc. Lets do this. GGTTH

Two reps with different styles, nothing wrong with that.

Swoosh
14-05-2016, 08:14 PM
Having a voice on the board is a must IMO. Not had much dealings with Frank but I am sure there are many out there that would be happy to commend him for the work he does and the help he has provided. I've spoken with Amit on a couple of points and he has always been helpful. Not sure who else I would approach with my questions if we never had the reps on the board!

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 09:33 PM
So does Amit !

Amit doesn't go every week, slight difference

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 09:35 PM
So BF you think that by being a HSL member will help? I know that one of the fans reps is a HSL member make what that you want.
I have never seen Frank in the East stand with the fans which is where I sit and even if he has a seat in the west I know for a Fact! the other board member has sat in every stand with the FANS! And been on buses to chat etc! If I hadn't been at the shareholder night I wouldn't know who he was and I am in the Hibs club before every game ! and btw he doesn't represent me as he is not a very good public speaker In my eyes! To say that frank was upset last night clearly didn't spend an hour travelling back and forward to the game last night and say with him ! Stubbs needs to go and this is has nothing to do with the fans reps ! I have nothing more to say on this matter

You are obviously a friend of Amit, but if you don't know Frank them I'm sorry, you don't know much.........

Hiber-nation
14-05-2016, 09:45 PM
When I was queueing for tickets for some game a few months ago (a midweek morning) Frank came along and chatted to each and every one of us in the queue and politely and fairly answered any questions we had, no matter how critical they were. Didn't really know Frank before that but I was really impressed by him.

Carheenlea
14-05-2016, 09:50 PM
Again, please don't turn this thread into digs at two great Hibs men Frank and Amit. The questioning is of how much clout they are given in the boardroom, and how we as supporters can feel we can have a strong voice in a pivotal time in the club we love's history.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 09:52 PM

Frank is a shareholder and in HSL (make of that what you want)

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 09:54 PM
When I was queueing for tickets for some game a few months ago (a midweek morning) Frank came along and chatted to each and every one of us in the queue and politely and fairly answered any questions we had, no matter how critical they were. Didn't really know Frank before that but I was really impressed by him.

And I believe he got some unsavoury abuse, but he put himself in firing line

Hiber-nation
14-05-2016, 10:14 PM
And I believe he got some unsavoury abuse, but he put himself in firing line

Not that day but it was before the League Cup Final...

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Not that day but it was before the League Cup Final...

Sorry my mistake,he did get pelters in the queue for this forthcoming Final

Hiber-nation
14-05-2016, 10:42 PM

I despair sometimes.

Carheenlea
14-05-2016, 11:13 PM

Baldy Foghorn`s inaugural board meeting ...:tee hee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rVRnWS-n5A

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 11:20 PM
Baldy Foghorn`s inaugural board meeting ...:tee hee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rVRnWS-n5A

That's too long before I would erupt D:greengrin

14-05-2016, 11:35 PM
Actually feel sorry for big Frank D. As a good Hibs fan as you will find.
Cares as much about our Club as I do and doesn't deserve abuse as far as I'm concerned.
My suspicions is he's been used by some people in senior positions to take the abuse that would have come their way..

14-05-2016, 11:37 PM

But where were the rest of the faceless directors.
At least big Frank showed his face. The big guy obviously cares about our club.

Daz1875
15-05-2016, 12:10 AM
But where were the rest of the faceless directors.
At least big Frank showed his face. The big guy obviously cares about our club.
Never once as I said before has he showed his face to me but its ok because we have millions of fans who think they have a say but never come to a game unless it's a final ! Oh but I work on a Saturday oh wait we haven't played Saturday at 3pm For the whole season and sold out maybe once but it's the fans directors fault? ..... Seriously? We will have 21k there next week bring on ur reasons that are valid!

Forza Fred
15-05-2016, 01:06 AM
I'm not sure whether having two fans on the board affected the results over two legs against Falkirk,but hey ho.

There is much more to the running of a football club than the match results,but I accept ultimately that is what matters,

As far as the positions and individuals go....it was always going to be a tough gig for the individuals.

I don't know Amit,but have known Frank for nearly 50 years, and used to go to games with him

I'm just not sure exactly what is the point of this thread, other than for us to flail about in the disappointment, which we all feel.

I'll pop back after the cup final.

Things might be viewed differently then.

Hibby D
15-05-2016, 01:21 AM
I'm not sure whether having two fans on the board affected the results over two legs against Falkirk,but hey ho.

There is much more to the running of a football club than the match results,but I accept ultimately that is what matters,

As far as the positions and individuals go....it was always going to be a tough gig for the individuals.

I don't know Amit,but have known Frank for nearly 50 years, and used to go to games with him

I'm just not sure exactly what is the point of this thread, other than for us to flail about in the disappointment, which we all feel.

Couldn't agree more. Pitching one fans rep off against the other - give me strength! :rolleyes:

Pete
15-05-2016, 01:38 AM

I'm not sure either and it's getting a bit silly. Next we'll be having a poll to see who the best rep is.

Maybe something constructive can come of this like an improvement regarding the way fans can articulate their concerns to the reps and therefore the board.

I go to games and haven't seen any of them so how am I supposed to voice my concerns? Probably because I'm not actively looking for them but if I did I wouldn't tap them on the shoulder and say anything because I have a life and therefore other immediate responsibilities and limited time...and so do they probably. I'm not sure I could articulate them all effectively in a small chat and I doubt they could take in any more than mental notes that would probably blend in with all the others.

What's needed is a well publicised structure in place for fans to get their concerns over to the reps so they feel like they are being heard. This has to be online as it's the only way that fans can send a message that's considered and full of all the relevant information.

This whole fan rep thing is a lot better than the way it was with hardly any communication at all.

lucky
15-05-2016, 07:29 AM
I can't think of many Hibs games I've been to over the years and not saw Frank. I sure both fan reps are arguing our case in the boardroom. We elected them and both have a tough job on their hands. Just because we never got promoted does not mean the fans reps didn't listen or are used by the club. For me Hibs are going in the right direction. Gamechanger, community activity, free tickets for school kids are all great initiatives. Our work with local boys clubs and player recruitment is being revitalised. There is lots of positive stuff going on at ER & EMs we just need to be promoted

Jack
15-05-2016, 08:27 AM
I thought this thread was about an independent pressure group, formed to hold the club and board to account?

I'm reminded that the board is currently full of life long Hibbies except one, Leeann. I have every faith in her ability to run the business and no one could question her growing emotional attachment to the club. The Hibbies on board have a wealth of experience to bring to the table. Do we need more Hibbies on the board?

If I have a criticism of the fan reps it's this; while I have no doubt they raise fan issues with the club and at board meetings there's very little feedback. I can't say I've heard that '×' has been brought up at the board meeting and 'this' is the outcome. Certainly not outcomes from almost 2 years worth of board meetings. It's impossible then to say one way or another if having them on the board has been a success or not, or what difference it's made.

HSL already have two of their board on the club's board. Is another HSL member on the club board going to make a difference? HSL are doing a great job and the money raised by their members is to be applauded. Will another Hibby on the board make a difference?

With regard to a pressure group how would it work? What would the representation be?

Even if that worked out well there would be the danger that it would be seen as more an anti Hibs group with the only stuff going on being whinging at the club and board. At this point it would lose its appeal and following from the broader support become unrepresentative and disappear up its own bottom!

There may be a place for single issue groups of like minded people to make representations to the club and they can be formed and fold as the issues are addressed.

As it is, at least since Leeann came in, the club has become much better at listening to concerns from the support and taking action or explaining why something is as it is. There's been a number of threads on here with folk saying that's what they've done and telling us what's happened as a result! Individuals have an effective route into the club.

Just my thoughts on the whole thread.

Fogzie
15-05-2016, 08:33 AM
The failure to get promoted wouldn't be so bad if we had actually given it a real good go.

In 2 seasons we haven't laid a glove on the eventual league winners and never even got as far as a play off final. Our total collapse in the latter part of this season forced an extra 2 games on a squad that was absolutely shattered anyway. We have regressed this year, and given the credit Stubbs got for coaxing something out the mess he inherited, that's unacceptable. He had a whole season and a pre season to prepare this year and we were, like last year, miles off being promoted.
Funny how no one was saying anything at Christmas when we were doing well. At the end of the day, we were pinning our hopes over the last 2 years on a 'cup tie'. Last year we lost 2 bad goals at Ibrox then battered them at Easter Road but couldn't find 2 or more goals. This year, we batter Falkirk at Easter Road and with a fair wind and a refereeing decision, which might have got through.
Once we do get back into the SPL, are we all going to complain that we are 6th or 7th and not reaching any cup finals.
Im sick of hearing the fact that we have declined since 2007.
The last 2 years have been an improvement. We have no automatic right because we have more money than other teams in the league to progress.
We have to earn the right and in the cold light of day. We were not far away.
You cannot turn a football club around straight away. 2 years, in my opinion, was pushing it since starting from scratch.
I believe we will return soon. It just not fast enough for some people.

Fogzie
15-05-2016, 09:17 AM

Funny how no one was saying anything at Christmas when we were doing well. At the end of the day, we were pinning our hopes over the last 2 years on a 'cup tie'. Last year we lost 2 bad goals at Ibrox then battered them at Easter Road but couldn't find 2 or more goals. This year, we batter Falkirk at Easter Road and with a fair wind and a refereeing decision, which might have got through.
Once we do get back into the SPL, are we all going to complain that we are 6th or 7th and not reaching any cup finals.
The last 2 years have been an improvement. We have no automatic right because we have more money than other teams in the league to progress.
You cannot turn a football club around straight away. 2 years, in my opinion, was pushing it since starting from scratch.

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2016, 09:24 AM

We lost twice at Dumbarton, once at relegated Alloa.....(Improvement?)

We may return soon, but a third consecutive season in Championship is pathetic. Not fast enough? We should never have been down here in first place due to gross incompetency

Argylehibby
15-05-2016, 09:25 AM

I've met Frank behind the goals pre match on a number of occasions.

FranckSuzy
15-05-2016, 09:39 AM
Just my opinion but....it's all very well having fans on the board, 'Gamechanger' initiatives, George Craig with a blueprint of how to run a successful, community football team, etc, etc but it means jack when your team is not playing in the division the whole bl00dy infrastructure is in place for.

Speaking as someone who actively tries to improve our standing in the community, I 'just' want Hibs back where I, and thousands of others, believe they belong - the Premiership. Having all the fancy plans, coaches/experts for X, Y, Z matter not one jot when the team - the sole reason for our existence - is not performing. Hopefully (:pray:) the long-term plan will fall into place and all will become clear but the team on the park HAS to be the priority, end of :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2016, 09:42 AM
Just my opinion but....it's all very well having fans on the board, 'Gamechanger' initiatives, George Craig with a blueprint of how to run a successful, community football team, etc, etc but it means jack when your team is not playing in the division the whole bl00dy infrastructure is in place for.

Speaking as someone who actively tries to improve our standing in the community, I 'just' want Hibs back where I, and thousands of others, believe they belong - the Premiership. Having all the fancy plans, coaches/experts for X, Y, Z matter not one jot when the team - the sole reason for our existence - is not performing. Hopefully (:pray:) the long-term plan will fall into place and all will become clear but the team on the park HAS to be the priority, end of :aok:

:top marks:top marks

Seconded FS

Leith Mo
15-05-2016, 09:47 AM
Thankfully I wasn't elected as due to illness for 9/10 months I'd have had to resign as unable to attend many games never mind put in the shift Amit & Frank do both in and outside the Boardroom. One-on-one communication with fans has improved considerably through having these guys there - & I recall many fans bemoaning the lack of a personal touch in the Club's approach. Both have very different styles - nothing wrong in that. One got my vote last time, one didn't. Next time around, in the absence of any other credible candidate, both would get my vote in view of the job they are doing. Much of it behind the scenes - and as someone else on this thread pointed out this forum is full of stories of the personal touch I refer to above resolving issues related to the Club. Maybe a more general overview should be communicated but in the absence of that many indiduals have good stories to tell of their concerns/views being raised with Amit and/or Frank and at least a response being received which in itself is a vast improvement on the past. My thanks go to both Frank and Amit - keep up the good work, keep the faith and enjoy next Saturday's celebrations with the rest of us! I'll be the speechless drunken crying wreck in the corner. GGTTH!

matty_f
15-05-2016, 10:12 AM

I would agree with this if the community activities were detrimental to the team on the park, but I don't think they do. They are key activities for the long term health of the club.

FranckSuzy
15-05-2016, 10:20 AM
I would agree with this if the community activities were detrimental to the team on the park, but I don't think they do. They are key activities for the long term health of the club.

Totally agree but :greengrin it's not the long-term I'm interested in just now, it's the short-term i.e., getting out of this bl00dy division. We are a football club, first and foremost, and have the set-up (and costs) of a Premiership team.

It's admirable we have initiatives, plans, courses, objectives etc off the park but get it right ON it first and the rest will come, hopefully....

matty_f
15-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Totally agree but :greengrin it's not the long-term I'm interested in just now, it's the short-term i.e., getting out of this bl00dy division. We are a football club, first and foremost, and have the set-up (and costs) of a Premiership team.

It's admirable we have initiatives, plans, courses, objectives etc off the park but get it right ON it first and the rest will come, hopefully....

I know what you mean, I just don't think stopping those things would make any short term difference on the pitch. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2016, 10:30 AM

I'm loath to criticise anything the club does OFF the park that makes it better or more professional, but as you say Suzy, it really means **** all to the average fan when the club continues to flounder in this league.

It hopefully bares fruit when we eventually get up, but while we are down here everything will be criticised by all and sundry because thats what fans do.

Being rational goes out the door when again as you say the main reason for our existence IE playing football and attracting fans through the door is not succeeding.

Jack
15-05-2016, 10:42 AM

I agree it's more than frustrating where we are and the priority for Hibernian FC is to get back in the top league.

However are all these extracurricular activities not mainly run through the Community Foundation?

Meaning of course that the main business of Hibernian FC is running the football club.

Alfred E Newman
15-05-2016, 10:45 AM
We lost twice at Dumbarton, once at relegated Alloa.....(Improvement?)

We may return soon, but a third consecutive season in Championship is pathetic. Not fast enough? We should never have been down here in first place due to gross incompetency

That is it in a nutshell.

Ged
15-05-2016, 11:05 AM
I agree it's more than frustrating where we are and the priority for Hibernian FC is to get back in the top league.

However are all these extracurricular activities not mainly run through the Community Foundation?

Meaning of course that the main business of Hibernian FC is running the football club.

I picked up on this recently and didn't get an answer. I might follow it up and find out more as it would definitely be a case of money being diverted away from the football operation.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?310466-Proceeds-From-The-Half-Time-Draw&highlight=

FranckSuzy
15-05-2016, 11:15 AM

I honestly have no idea, Jack. My point, I think :greengrin, is that whilst they are admirable quests and it's great to hear the strides the Club are making off the park, when you see cost-cutting on backroom staff, queues at the TO, the inablity of an online ticketing system to cope our biggest game in years, it make me personally wonder. Also, are these plans a distraction? We hear about this new scheme, this new tie-up but it's the football we want to know about and what's being actively done to get us up!

Out of everyone on this forum, I arguably want the off-the-field activities to succeed the most (so I'm honestly not having a go) BUT there's no getting away from the fact that our numero uno purpose is as a football team - the rest should be a byproduct as who knows how the cost of these initiatives/wages etc could be better used...:confused:

"Build it and they will come", someone once said. Well, it's built but if there's nothing worthwhile to watch, it will be a white, empty elephant soon enough and all the wonderful schemes will mean nowt to the fans, sadly :boo hoo: Maybe I'm still depressed after Fri, who knows, but a community partnership won't get me all positive but a win on the park will, again :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
15-05-2016, 11:17 AM
I'm loath to criticise anything the club does OFF the park that makes it better or more professional, but as you say Suzy, it really means **** all to the average fan when the club continues to flounder in this league.

It hopefully bares fruit when we eventually get up, but while we are down here everything will be criticised by all and sundry because thats what fans do.

Being rational goes out the door when again as you say the main reason for our existence IE playing football and attracting fans through the door is not succeeding.

:agree: Precisely.

Amit
15-05-2016, 03:12 PM
I thought that being "fans reps" that that was there role, plenty was said on here after our last trip to Ibrox regards the way our manager and fans were treated but we heard nothing from them, or the club.

Not having a owner who is hands on is killing our club.

I wonder if our players even know who owns our club.

Hi Silverhibee,

I thought I'd posted the response below on a thread here as I was asked a similar question on another forum. Originally responded to this back in February.

Amit

"Hello!

An update, as promised.

I think we can all agree that over the years similar feedback has been voiced post this fixture at Ibrox. And I think we can all agree that the situation hasn't improved given the complaints have continued.

Therefore, we thought we take a different approach to this matter as opposed to a public statement. Leeann has discussed the matter with Rangers and they would like to work with us on a Club-to-Club approach to dealing with the matter. I highlighted two aspects firstly the Safety of our supporters in attending the fixture and secondly the treatment our supporters receive.

The collated information will be discussed with Rangers and we'll work together on how best to tackle the matter.

Whilst I know this may not be the approach people want the Club to take, I'm confident that the Club-to-Club approach will have far more positive outcomes.

GGTTH

Amit"

Amit
15-05-2016, 03:18 PM
The two reps posts I've read were full of positive spin with no challenge - that's not what it's meant to be - for example, right now, the fans reps should be asking fans for views on pricing, manager, youth policy - these views then taken to the club for comment !

TrueHibernian,

I can assure you all of these points have been documented and debated/discussed at Board meetings. With respect to Youth Policy, the Academy Board has been reformed and a strategy/plan with measurable outcomes is currently being finalised.

Amit

Amit
15-05-2016, 03:26 PM
I'm not sure either and it's getting a bit silly. Next we'll be having a poll to see who the best rep is.

Maybe something constructive can come of this like an improvement regarding the way fans can articulate their concerns to the reps and therefore the board.

I go to games and haven't seen any of them so how am I supposed to voice my concerns? Probably because I'm not actively looking for them but if I did I wouldn't tap them on the shoulder and say anything because I have a life and therefore other immediate responsibilities and limited time...and so do they probably. I'm not sure I could articulate them all effectively in a small chat and I doubt they could take in any more than mental notes that would probably blend in with all the others.

What's needed is a well publicised structure in place for fans to get their concerns over to the reps so they feel like they are being heard. This has to be online as it's the only way that fans can send a message that's considered and full of all the relevant information.

This whole fan rep thing is a lot better than the way it was with hardly any communication at all.

Positive Pete,

Feel free to contact me anytime via email, forum or social media (if we don't meet in person beforehand).

There are also plans to arrange "surgeries" before home games to provide an opportunity for supporters to get across any points they wish to make [emoji1417]

GGTTH

Amit

AMoudgil@hibernianfc.co.uk
AmitMoudgil_ (Twitter)

Amit
15-05-2016, 03:33 PM
If I have a criticism of the fan reps it's this; while I have no doubt they raise fan issues with the club and at board meetings there's very little feedback. I can't say I've heard that '×' has been brought up at the board meeting and 'this' is the outcome. Certainly not outcomes from almost 2 years worth of board meetings. It's impossible then to say one way or another if having them on the board has been a success or not

Hi Jack,

The next edition of The Voice should hopefully address the "closing of the feedback loop". Given it is a work in progress, we been working on it based on the feedback received and constructive points like you've made above.

Thanks,

Amit

Amit
15-05-2016, 03:53 PM
Hi Silverhibee,

I thought I'd posted the response below on a thread here as I was asked a similar question on another forum. Originally responded to this back in February.

Amit

"Hello!

An update, as promised.

I think we can all agree that over the years similar feedback has been voiced post this fixture at Ibrox. And I think we can all agree that the situation hasn't improved given the complaints have continued.

Therefore, we thought we take a different approach to this matter as opposed to a public statement. Leeann has discussed the matter with Rangers and they would like to work with us on a Club-to-Club approach to dealing with the matter. I highlighted two aspects firstly the Safety of our supporters in attending the fixture and secondly the treatment our supporters receive.

The collated information will be discussed with Rangers and we'll work together on how best to tackle the matter.

Whilst I know this may not be the approach people want the Club to take, I'm confident that the Club-to-Club approach will have far more positive outcomes.

GGTTH

Amit"

Just to clarify both Frank and I worked together on collating the feedback of the treatment of our support at Ibrox.

We may have different approaches/styles but we work well together [emoji1417]

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2016, 04:09 PM
Hi Silverhibee,

Amit

"Hello!

An update, as promised.

GGTTH

Amit"

I'd imagine you will agree that the supporters wont hold much hope in anything changing regarding leaving it to sevco to make these changes our supporters think needs changing?

What is your take on this Amit, do you have any faith in leaving it to them to police themselves and if you do why?

Alfred E Newman
15-05-2016, 04:12 PM
TrueHibernian,

I can assure you all of these points have been documented and debated/discussed at Board meetings. With respect to Youth Policy, the Academy Board has been reformed and a strategy/plan with measurable outcomes is currently being finalised.

Amit

With respect Amit, it is a bit much that after 2 years under the present management and almost 8 years since East Mains was built that we are only now putting in place a strategy/plan.
Given that any youth policy takes several years to produce players fit for first team football it is depressing to think we are only addressing the matter now.
While other top clubs , some with less resources and worse facilities than us are producing players, the lack of young talent coming through East Mains is not really good enough.

Amit
15-05-2016, 04:13 PM
I'd imagine you will agree that the supporters wont hold much hope in anything changing regarding leaving it to sevco to make these changes our supporters think needs changing?

What is your take on this Amit, do you have any faith in leaving it to them to police themselves and if you do why?

Hi BlackpoolHibs,

The intention is to work with them on this. They've acknowledged the feedback both Frank and I passed onto the Club which Leeann then sent on to Rangers.

It is a different approach and hopefully working together on this will mean our fans can goto Ibrox and feel safe whilst taking in the game.

Amit

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2016, 04:17 PM
Hi BlackpoolHibs,

The intention is to work with them on this. They've acknowledged the feedback both Frank and I passed onto the Club which Leeann then sent on to Rangers.

It is a different approach and hopefully working together on this will mean our fans can goto Ibrox and feel safe whilst taking in the game.

Amit

In what way is this a different approach Amit, have the club not spoken to them in the past about the treatment we seem to receive through there since i can remember?

Amit
15-05-2016, 04:19 PM
With respect Amit, it is a bit much that after 2 years under the present management and almost 8 years since East Mains was built that we are only now putting in place a strategy/plan.
Given that any youth policy takes several years to produce players fit for first team football it is depressing to think we are only addressing the matter now.
While other top clubs , some with less resources and worse facilities than us are producing players, the lack of young talent coming through East Mains is not really good enough.

Malcolm,

Agree with your point completely. It has taken time to get the new structure and staff/resource in place. But I'm confident that we'll start to see tangible outcomes from it.

The new overall structure at the Club was put in place to create stability, so that if one component changes (ie someone leaves etc) then it doesn't disrupt the entire structure.

There is great work ongoing at the Academy and I'm confident we'll see some real positive outcomes going forward.

Amit

Amit
15-05-2016, 04:22 PM
In what way is this a different approach Amit, have the club not spoken to them in the past about the treatment we seem to receive through there since i can remember?

I can't say for sure what happened/didn't happen previously as I wasn't involved at that point. However, I imagine that there will have been dialogue between the two Clubs.

However, given their has been management changes on both sides, there seems to be a real desire to work together on this.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2016, 04:27 PM
I can't say for sure what happened/didn't happen previously as I wasn't involved at that point. However, I imagine that there will have been dialogue between the two Clubs.

However, given their has been management changes on both sides, there seems to be a real desire to work together on this.

Thanks for your reply Amit, cant say i really hold much hope out for the changes that are needed, but if as you say there is a REAL desire to work together on this, lets hope there is a REAL desire by them to get their house in order and treat fans who go their properly and look at THEIR own fans behaviour in all this. :aok:

bigwheel
In response to the OP. The fans reps on the board are a good move - in addition though , there needs to be an independent fans shareholder group / voice. HSL is too integrated into the club to be independent...for me, it is important a new independent fans led group emerges - not to take over , but to work with and also provide challenge to the board ...

Alfred E Newman
Malcolm,

Agree with your point completely. It has taken time to get the new structure and staff/resource in place. But I'm confident that we'll start to see tangible outcomes from it.

The new overall structure at the Club was put in place to create stability, so that if one component changes (ie someone leaves etc) then it doesn't disrupt the entire structure.

There is great work ongoing at the Academy and I'm confident we'll see some real positive outcomes going forward.

Amit

Thanks for your reply. I still think it's ridiculous that after 2 years of the present management we haven't managed to address the issue.
Can I also say that I for one appreciate you taking the time to come on here and answer the questions as best you can. Thanks again.

truehibernian
15-05-2016, 04:41 PM
TrueHibernian,

Amit

Thank you for the reply Amit - in times such as this week it's a very difficult time for us all, yourself included -emotions are high and fraught.

I think there does need to be better use of social media to gauge opinion, address concerns, or dare I say praise the very good work you do.

The fact we have yet to have a youth football strategic plan, two seasons in since 'reform', for me, is a huge concern Amit. That is unacceptable and George Craig needs to explain why it has taken so long ? The very obvious measurable outcome is the progression from development side to first team and there is absolutely no sign the management have appetite for having Crane, Martin, Insall introduced - the Championship is an ideal league to introduce players like I have mentioned. My ideal squad would see an experienced player with a youth player biting at their heels if performance drops below standard.

Amit
15-05-2016, 04:48 PM
Thank you for the reply Amit - in times such as this week it's a very difficult time for us all, yourself included -emotions are high and fraught.

I think there does need to be better use of social media to gauge opinion, address concerns, or dare I say praise the very good work you do.

The fact we have yet to have a youth football strategic plan, two seasons in since 'reform', for me, is a huge concern Amit. That is unacceptable and George Craig needs to explain why it has taken so long ? The very obvious measurable outcome is the progression from development side to first team and there is absolutely no sign the management have appetite for having Crane, Martin, Insall introduced - the Championship is an ideal league to introduce players like I have mentioned. My ideal squad would see an experienced player with a youth player biting at their heels if performance drops below standard.

Thanks for taking time to feed back the above. There was a strategic plan in place previously and pulled together by the previous incumbents. However, given the changes in structure it was deemed necessary to revisit the strategic plan. For me it looks greats and the academy structure from player ID to development (aka player pathways) is well underway and implemented. We should start to see some positive results.

Jamie Insall has done extremely well and this comes to down to playing regularly but also becoming accustom to life as a professional football. He's settled here now and does have great potential.