PDA

View Full Version : Train to Hampden

neil7908
14-05-2016, 10:59 AM
Just sorted my ticket for the final and for the first time at Hampden I'm looking to get the train to Glasgow and then onto Hampden.

What time should I be aiming to get on the train to Mount Florida?

I've got some mates who live in Glasgow so the plan is to head through early on the Saturday and see them in the morning then make my way to Hampden from Central. Want to avoid the worst of the crowds but dont want to be getting there with 3 hours to kick off!

Also, anyone walked to Hampden from the city centre? I checked and it looks like it would only be about an hour so might try that if its an ok day. Not sure exactly if that would work with fan segregation though, would I end up with Gers fans?

I'm_cabbaged
14-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Going to mount Florida is a bad move, you want to got to kings park 😉 Jump a taxi they're cheap at half the price through the weege

IberianHibernian
14-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Just sorted my ticket for the final and for the first time at Hampden I'm looking to get the train to Glasgow and then onto Hampden.

I've got some mates who live in Glasgow so the plan is to head through early on the Saturday and see them in the morning then make my way to Hampden from Central. Want to avoid the worst of the crowds but dont want to be getting there with 3 hours to kick off!

Also, anyone walked to Hampden from the city centre? I checked and it looks like it would only be about an hour so might try that if its an ok day. Not sure exactly if that would work with fan segregation though, would I end up with Gers fans?Train from Central to Kings Park for our end (Mount Florida for Rangers ) . Walking is less than an hour - 40 minutes maybe .

Aaron
14-05-2016, 11:08 AM

Also, anyone walked to Hampden from the city centre? I checked and it looks like it would only be about an hour so might try that if its an ok day. Not sure exactly if that would work with fan segregation though, would I end up with Gers fans?

I am sure there are tunnel works on at Glasgow Queen Street which means getting off the train and onto a bus to complete the journey.

Green Man
14-05-2016, 11:10 AM
I am sure there are tunnel works on at Glasgow Queen Street which means getting off the train and onto a bus to complete the journey.

Trains are diverted to Queen Street low level while the works are on. Alternatively there are a couple of trains from Edinburgh to Glasgow Central via Motherwell, a wee bit longer journey time but removes the walk between stations.

Hermit Crab
14-05-2016, 11:11 AM

100% not true. Trains are diverted to Glasgow queen street low level platforms with an extended journey time of about 20 minutes so all in all the queen street trains are taking about 75-80 minutes to get to Glasgow.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-05-2016, 11:12 AM

Get the bus from Ingram Street, i'm struggling to remember the number, either 57 or 75 cannae remember which, drops you off at the rear of the east stand.

neil7908
14-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Thanks all for the advice and info, really appreciated!

Think I might just avoid the trains and walk, bus or taxi it in the end.

neil7908
14-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Get the bus from Ingram Street, i'm struggling to remember the number, either 57 or 75 cannae remember which, drops you off at the rear of the east stand.

Cheers, just had a wee look on Google Maps and looks like its the 75