PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final Next Weekend :)

FitbaFolkKen
14-05-2016, 10:28 AM
Last night was grim, really grim but I reckon I'm becoming numb to it!

Got my cup final ticket this morning and I would be lying if I said I wasnt a little excited.

Let's forget the playoffs and leave the season post mortem until after the final, Hampden on Saturday with 21000 Hibees will be immense.

GGTTH

h1bee123
14-05-2016, 10:31 AM
I'm feeling positive. 4-2 Hibs!

Zombies won't have won a game for 6 weeks by next weekend.

Roberts1875
14-05-2016, 10:31 AM
Agreed, would turn me a full 180 if we can get this particular monkey sorted!:cb

Alex Trager
14-05-2016, 10:33 AM
Come on hibbys

Spike Mandela
14-05-2016, 10:34 AM
I am a wee bit ashamed to say I don't even want to go next week.

I have my ticket, two days holidays in, I will put a smile on my face for family and friends that are going, will have a laugh pre match but deep down I know, probably like many others, that there is another massive kick in the baws waiting for us next weekend.

I'm not becoming numb to it, just resigned to it.

FitbaFolkKen
14-05-2016, 10:44 AM

I have my ticket, two days holidays in, I will put a smile on my face for family and friends that are going, will have a laugh pre match but deep down I know, probably like many others, that there is another massive kick in the baws waiting for us next weekend.

Chin up, it's not easy being a Hibby! Hopefully the guys give us something back next Saturday.

coldingham hibs
14-05-2016, 01:40 PM
I'm feeling positive. 4-2 Hibs!

Zombies won't have won a game for 6 weeks by next weekend.

I heard they beat Spurs in a friendly, 4-2 I think.

LioNeilMessi
14-05-2016, 01:47 PM

Exactly my thoughts.. Hopefully we're all proved wrong.

scooby
14-05-2016, 01:48 PM

Yup that pretty much sums up being a hibby.

stantonhibby
14-05-2016, 01:48 PM

So ashamed you feel the need to mention it on here. If you don't want to go don't go.

Glory Lurker
14-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Too soon for me, I'm afraid. I want to believe that I'll be up for it come this time next week, and I probably will be, but at the moment I am totally washed out.

One Day Soon
14-05-2016, 01:49 PM
So ashamed you feel the need to mention it on here. If you don't want to go don't go.

Yeah, how dare he speak the truth.

Edinburgher
14-05-2016, 01:50 PM

They beat a spurs Under 21 4-3 - we on the other hand were very unlucky against Falkirk and are proper match fit - think we will win.

stantonhibby
14-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Yeah, how dare he speak the truth.

Just don't see the need for yet another 'woe is me' post. We are all gutted after last night.

coldingham hibs
14-05-2016, 01:54 PM
They beat a spurs Under 21 4-3 - we on the other hand were very unlucky against Falkirk and are proper match fit - think we will win.

Thought that was the case, just crock that wee turd Mackay and games a good un.

GreenLake
14-05-2016, 02:34 PM
Looking forward to the Cup Final and will renew my subscription to HibsTV for next year whoever is manager and whoever is in the squad. I might not be happy but I still want us to win every game.

Green_one
14-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Forget the rest of the s***** that has happened

This is a REAL possibility of Hibs winning the the cup. For ******sake get behind the team and remember every single one of us Is Hibernian to the core. 50 years of watching them - I bleed green:flag:

F@ rangers hearts and Falkirk. This is all that matters. 😝

lyonhibs
14-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Forget the rest of the s***** that has happened

This is a REAL possibility of Hibs winning the the cup. For ******sake get behind the team and remember every single one of us Is Hibernian to the core. 50 years of watching them - I bleed green:flag:

F@ rangers hearts and Falkirk. This is all that matters. 

Every one of the Hibs supporters there will be behind the team and Hibernian to the core. As they were at Falkirk, and the LC Final (granted, a few day trippers in there but Hibs fans nonethless). And at any one of the dozens of big games in recent history where the fans have turned up but the team - to varying degrees - hasn't.

After so many gut-wrenching disappointments, especially at Hampden, how anyone with a grasp of reality can be heading along on Saturday thinking we'll win 4-2 or similar is beyond me but fair play, I admire the optimism.

snooky
14-05-2016, 02:59 PM

I believe it was the Spurs youth team. It certainly wasn't the REAL Spurs.

Green_one
14-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Every one of the Hibs supporters there will be behind the team and Hibernian to the core. As they were at Falkirk, and the LC Final (granted, a few day trippers in there but Hibs fans nonethless). And at any one of the dozens of big games in recent history where the fans have turned up but the team - to varying degrees - hasn't.

After so many gut-wrenching disappointments, especially at Hampden, how anyone with a grasp of reality can be heading along on Saturday thinking we'll win 4-2 or similar is beyond me but fair play, I admire the optimism.

Where was the 4-2????? I simply believe Hibs can win. Want to contradict that now?

iwasthere1972
14-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Disappointed about last night but there's nothing we can do about it now. Got to get over it quickly and hope that Killie hammer the hammer throwers.

A week until the cup final and a real chance of picking up silverware. Win this one and it will be seen as a successful season. Promotion next season as champions.

Back Stubbsy as well. Lots of great football to enjoy. Just cut out the costly mistakes.

adhibs
14-05-2016, 03:07 PM
as todays went on i've started to put last night to the back of my head and now thinking of the final. Cant wait for it, even the ridiculous optimism I get whenever we have a big game has returned.

ronaldo7
14-05-2016, 03:09 PM
The pain of last night will take at least until Tuesday to ease.

Then it's full steam ahead to the cup final binge. A face needs to be put on for others.

Bring it on ya bigoted bunch of hun *******s.:flag:

Mango Man
14-05-2016, 03:20 PM
That Ross County game is what did it for me, that proved we still have that soft mentality, I think deep down, we all knew how this season was gonna pan out after that, we are such a fragile club, doesn't matter the manager or players, it still remains, so much so, I've went from thinking about going to the sc final, to actually not bothering to watch it on TV.

lyonhibs
14-05-2016, 03:24 PM
Where was the 4-2????? I simply believe Hibs can win. Want to contradict that now?

No.

A different poster earlier quoted that scoreline.

Spike Mandela
14-05-2016, 03:35 PM
Just don't see the need for yet another 'woe is me' post. We are all gutted after last night.

I'm trying to use it as therapy. :greengrin

I have to go as I have people relying on me so it's not a case of 'just don't go' but I just have a feeling of dread and deja vu. i honestly am sorry this is a 'woe is me' post but it is genuine. Not saying it's right or anything, just the way I feel. Probably just a bit worn down by the well worn path to Hampden nightmare.

However in the 40 odd years of going to games I think you develop a kind of sense of whether the team is going to do it or not. Although I would never verbalise it I had a feeling we were going to win in 91 and 07 with the teams we had and the teams we were playing.

All other times deep down, being honest, I didn't fancy us. The only time I probably really felt we could do it funnily enough was this year in the LC final and got it wrong. So, even though I'm just not 'feeling it in my water' for this cup final next week, let's hope I'm wrong again.

Pete
14-05-2016, 03:39 PM
That Ross County game is what did it for me, that proved we still have that soft mentality, I think deep down, we all knew how this season was gonna pan out after that, we are such a fragile club, doesn't matter the manager or players, it still remains, so much so, I've went from thinking about going to the sc final, to actually not bothering to watch it on TV.

If we're talking about "woe is me" posts, I think the bar has been set to a new hight. ;-)

The Green Goblin

That's a very honest and heartfelt post and fair play to you for posting it on here, in spite of the inevitable jealous jennys and envious edwards who can't handle it. :greengrin And I think there is a lot of truth in what you said, and the way you are feeling is how many people will be feeling, myself included. I woke up this morning just as crushed and unable to speak much as I was last night. This one just knocked a lot of the fight out of me. I will be there next week, like you, hoping we win and enjoying my time with family and old friends, but my days of hoping against all evidence and reason that this time things will go our way are done.

ShinyFantastic

The Ross County defeat was a perfect example of what we are. A soft touch. People can dress it up however they want, saying we were unlucky and everything, but losing a cup final to a team like that and in the manner we did was pathetic.

northstandhibby
14-05-2016, 03:46 PM

I have to go as I have people relying on me so it's not a case of 'just don't go' but I just have a feeling of dread and deja vu. i honestly am sorry this is a 'woe is me' post but it is genuine. Not saying it's right or anything, just the way I feel. Probably just a bit worn down by the well worn path to Hampden nightmare.

However in the 40 odd years of going to games I think you develop a kind of sense of whether the team is going to do it or not. Although I would never verbalise it I had a feeling we were going to win in 91 and 07 with the teams we had and the teams we were playing.

All other times deep down, being honest, I didn't fancy us. The only time I probably really felt we could do it funnily enough was this year in the LC final and got it wrong. So, even though I'm just not 'feeling it in my water' for this cup final next week, let's hope I'm wrong again.

Your frustration/hurt/anger speaks to all of us. The joy and happiness if we win next Saturday will be unbelievable and will be a massive relief to all of us. It's difficult to get overly positive just yet but come around Thursday of next week my nerves will be shot to pieces. Taking a big pack of Rennies to the Final with me.

GGTTH

Mango Man
14-05-2016, 04:28 PM
If we're talking about "woe is me" posts, I think the bar has been set to a new hight. ;-)

Thank you, that's all I've ever wanted. 😀

Hibernia&Alba
14-05-2016, 04:36 PM
Right now I am convinced we'll lose the final, as nothing good ever seems to happen to us. That's to be expected, after last night, but perhaps I'll be more optimistic nearer the day. I certainly hope so.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-05-2016, 04:37 PM
I want to win the cup as much as every Hibs fan but with whats happened, winning the cup will just temporarily paper over the cracks.

Wont be thinking that way if we do win though! :greengrin

Hibee Mac
14-05-2016, 04:39 PM
Currently I'm not really looking forward to it but I would kick !yserlf if we ended up winning and I wasn't there. Im sure I'll be !ore up for it nearer the time

franks
14-05-2016, 04:45 PM
I'm on Leonard Cohen right now but it's the Proclaimers on Monday . This game is winnable but if we don't I'm well used to it.

Hibernia&Alba
14-05-2016, 04:48 PM
I'm on Leonard Cohen right now but it's the Proclaimers on Monday . This game is winnable but if we don't I'm well used to it.

Leonard Cohen is far too happy clappy for me right now. He needs to tone it down.

stantonhibby
14-05-2016, 04:50 PM

Fair play SM. Hope and pray Sat is our day.

The Pointer
14-05-2016, 11:46 PM
If you don't get to a final you can't win. I've experienced so many gut wrenching moments of despair that another seems inconsequential, hence why I turned up at ER this morning at 7:25 with a monumental hangover to eventually get my ticket at 11:50. I'll be back in Edinburgh next Saturday after the game, win or lose because I love my club so much.

The Pointer
14-05-2016, 11:47 PM
Leonard Cohen is far too happy clappy for me right now. He needs to tone it down.
Aye, real wrist-slashing music!

GreenLake
15-05-2016, 12:04 AM
There is nothing that can happen to cause me any more grief than I have had over the years. The cup final will play out in front of me as I watch and the result will happen one way or another. The new team of self-entitled delusionals are already assuming victory and probably practicing cup lifting poses in front of their bathroom mirrors. If Hibs become a large spanner in the works it will be absolutely fantastic. If not then f*** it, am I supposed to be afraid of that? I'll get over it and forget it then quickly develop a ridiculous amount of hope in the next games Hibs play.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-05-2016, 01:36 AM
Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Alex Trager
15-05-2016, 01:52 AM
I agree with all the posts stating that if we win it'll be the best day of our lives. Certainly with regards to supporting the Hibs.

If we lose, well as someone once put it. It's another day at the office.

FWIW I believe this is our best chance at this cup in the last 20 years.

JOD
15-05-2016, 02:17 AM
Live in Falkirk was not going into my local to-day and then thought.

F--k it I'm a proud Hibee and I will have the last laugh next week. lol

Most of them are Sevco Huns anyway without bus fares.

Hail Hail ------- This is our year.

AFKA5814_Hibs
15-05-2016, 05:50 AM
I woke up yesterday and felt $hoite like everybody else, but now I just think lets just win this bloody cup and shut everybody the f' up.

C.mon the Hibs. :hibees

Viva_Palmeiras
15-05-2016, 07:00 AM
This cup more than anything else should have everyone focused and pulling together. Winnable and provided we don't freeze (never a given) we can do it. I think the cups have been a massive distraction from the real prize but there's nothing else left now. I hope Dylan is available, Stubbs doesn't slavishly keep with his formation - why not give Gunnarsson a run out?

JimBHibees
15-05-2016, 07:04 AM
This cup more than anything else should have everyone focused and pulling together. Winnable and provided we don't freeze (never a given) we can do it. I think the cups have been a massive distraction from the real prize but there's nothing else left now. I hope Dylan is available, Stubbs doesn't slavishly keep with his formation - why not give Gunnarsson a run out?

If we play with 3 at the back personally would have Gunnarsson before Fonts, quicker and more aggressive.

Ronniekirk
15-05-2016, 07:18 AM
I agree with all the posts stating that if we win it'll be the best day of our lives. Certainly with regards to supporting the Hibs.

If we lose, well as someone once put it. It's another day at the office.

FWIW I believe this is our best chance at this cup in the last 20 years.

It is our best chance in twenty years no question of that
The pain of losing out on play off final will motivate them even more ,but don't expect The Rangers to gift us two goals of a lead like they did the last time
So we need to be clinical in front of goal and Logan needs to repeat his last Hamden Heroics for us to win it

SpaceBob
15-05-2016, 08:09 AM
The Ross County defeat was a perfect example of what we are. A soft touch. People can dress it up however they want, saying we were unlucky and everything, but losing a cup final to a team like that and in the manner we did was pathetic.

Ross County are a league above us playing better opposition regular. We have no right to beating these so called wee teams.

hibeedonald
15-05-2016, 08:57 AM
I am glad we are playing rangers. Even if we get thrashed they are the one team you still can be glad that you aren't one of them. Horrible club

The Spaceman
15-05-2016, 09:00 AM
What a ****ing rag.

https://www.sundaypost.com/sport/football/joey-barton-brink-joining-rangers-cummings-dorrans/

The Green Goblin
15-05-2016, 09:15 AM
What a ****ing rag.

https://www.sundaypost.com/sport/football/joey-barton-brink-joining-rangers-cummings-dorrans/

Rangers "locked in signing talks"...

The Sunday Post "locked in the 1950s"...

Renfrew_Hibby
15-05-2016, 11:52 AM

You Know what, it wouldn't really bother me too much if Jase went west. As long as we got a decent fee, all paid up front then so be it.
Rangers won't be direct rivals next year and Jase is far from the finished article anyway. A greedy selfish player who has yet to mature as a person + the fact he misses far too many chances, bit like Kenny Miller but Kenny is a team player and always grafts like a demon.
Is that too harsh? We need a big bustling centre forward for this league anyway, any suggestions?

The Green Goblin
15-05-2016, 12:11 PM
You Know what, it wouldn't really bother me too much if Jase went west. As long as we got a decent fee, all paid up front then so be it.
Rangers won't be direct rivals next year and Jase is far from the finished article anyway. A greedy selfish player who has yet to mature as a person + the fact he misses far too many chances, bit like Kenny Miller but Kenny is a team player and always grafts like a demon.
Is that too harsh? We need a big bustling centre forward for this league anyway, any suggestions?

I would agree with that, not too harsh, no. Cummings has given us a lot and he has a great chance to become a Hibs legend next week, whether he stays or goes. My one regret would be that if we had gone up, we would likely have seen him knocking in even more against Hearts. As for who might come in if he leaves, well, I honestly have no idea. A bit more strength up front would be good, but I think we need a penalty box poacher too, someone who will help us kill off close games.

Lancs Harp
15-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Just think this time next week you could be nursing the greatest hangover of all time, or, even better still out partying :greengrin

Spike Mandela
15-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Rangers making all these signings but as it stands they have signed a pair from Accrington Stanley.

A lull in season ticket sales per chance?

147lothian
15-05-2016, 12:28 PM
How many times have you heard pundits say things like, I didn't see that result coming, Football is a funny old game, etc etc, and its not as if we are even rank outsiders, yet we have some folk fearing the worst, got to say I can understand the despondency at the moment but I couldn't possibly miss this one just incase

Bostonhibby
15-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Ray lamontagne, Trouble is on at the moment. New hibs song! I'm over it. It's been the same most of my time. Right up for the final, come on hibs

OsloHibs
15-05-2016, 02:33 PM
This time next week I hope I'm lying drunk on leith walk having seen a miracle the day before.

Ronniekirk
15-05-2016, 03:01 PM

They cant afford Jason unless we are happy to paid in instalments add on s and 20 percent slice of future sell on fee

Onion
15-05-2016, 08:23 PM
Been supporting Hibs 50 years. If I was to choose just ONE MATCH to be at in all that time, it would be watching Hibs beat Rangers in May at Hampden in the Scottish Cup Final. To this day, I still cannot think of a situation and outcome that would be more special. It would not get us promoted, we'd not be league champions, we wouldn't qualify for the last 16 of the Champions League but it would feel like we'd archieved all thee in one game.

We're likely to lose Sat, but pity the fans of other clubs that they will never ever have the potential euphoria and upside that might come from a Hibs win on Saturday :flag:

ShinyFantastic
15-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Hibs for the cup

Sammy7nil
15-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Been supporting Hibs 50 years. If I was to choose just ONE MATCH to be at in all that time, it would be watching Hibs beat Rangers in May at Hampden in the Scottish Cup Final. To this day, I still cannot think of a situation and outcome that would be more special. It would not get us promoted, we'd not be league champions, we wouldn't qualify for the last 16 of the Champions League but it would feel like we'd archieved all thee in one game.

We're likely to lose Sat, but pity the fans of other clubs that they will never ever have the potential euphoria and upside that might come from a Hibs win on Saturday :flag:

Been waiting on this game since 1979 come on the cabbage.