View Full Version : Exceptional Circumstances - Falkirk Tie

Col2
14-05-2016, 08:34 AM
Gutted x 1000

But can't help wondering why we got zero breaks over past two games

First Tie

- Falkirk 1st goal deflected - 1/10 chance of this happening
- Falkirk 2nd goal - terrible goalkeeper error -1/100 chance of this happening
- The penaltys (2 in 3 seconds) - 1/500 chance of this happening (the worst decision in history) and no red card

2nd Tie

- should have been red card for our penalty given clear goal scoring opportunity - not even a yellow
- Falkirk 2nd goal a perfect strike from a player who rarely scores - 1/100 chance

Lots of missed chances and again another last second goal conceded. But putting that aside we were also very very unlucky.

High-On-Hibs
14-05-2016, 08:38 AM
We need to stop looking at things that way. Sure, Falkirk took pretty much all of the opportunities they had. But we still gave them those opportunities to take, while we pissed our own away.

It's no coincidence that this sort of thing happens to a club like ours. We have to accept that we're doing something wrong.

darwenhibby
14-05-2016, 08:39 AM
Not taking our own chances the above would not have mattered
It's not exactly their keeper played a blinder

RoscoHibby
Was thinking the same. Can add countless missed chances, hitting the woodwork, McGinn getting a wee punch in the face as well and our best player going off injured...just couldn't make it up.
Sure we'll hear how it was all Houston's master plan as well

SJM
Let's wait until we have played all our games in hand.
Let's wait until the season is over.
We got robbed.
No, we lost to ***** like Alloa and over a season Falkirk are a better side than us. That's down to management.

Green Fish
14-05-2016, 08:47 AM
If we are honest, like it or not Falkirk were the better and more consistent team over the whole season. However they definitely weren't the better team over the two legs.
The playoffs are a lottery, that's why we must win the league next season.
I understand folk saying 'thats it' 'wont be back' etc but for me I won't turn my back on the club and will be there cheering them on.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Onion
14-05-2016, 08:57 AM
We need to stop looking at things that way. Sure, Falkirk took pretty much all of the opportunities they had. But we still gave them those opportunities to take, while we pissed our own away.

It's no coincidence that this sort of thing happens to a club like ours. We have to accept that we're doing something wrong.

Concluded its simpler than that. For decades we've all been waiting on Hibs developing a team which would meet reasonable expectations. Perhaps that's wrong. Maybe Hibernian FC is in reality just another Falkirk, Dunfermline or Morton but with a disroportionately large fan base and stadium.

One thing is certain, if we carry on as we are, in lower league football, the players, manager and Board will fix one of those anomalies as the fan base finds its natural level ! Then they can sell the stadium and play in Leith Links again.

basehibby
14-05-2016, 12:03 PM
Gutted x 1000

But can't help wondering why we got zero breaks over past two games

First Tie

- Falkirk 1st goal deflected - 1/10 chance of this happening
- Falkirk 2nd goal - terrible goalkeeper error -1/100 chance of this happening
- The penaltys (2 in 3 seconds) - 1/500 chance of this happening (the worst decision in history) and no red card

2nd Tie

- should have been red card for our penalty given clear goal scoring opportunity - not even a yellow
- Falkirk 2nd goal a perfect strike from a player who rarely scores - 1/100 chance

Lots of missed chances and again another last second goal conceded. But putting that aside we were also very very unlucky.

I think the refereeing "errors" were the deciding factor. We didn't do a great job against a 10 man Falkirk a few weeks ago in the league - losing a 2 goal lead as we did, but I think the likelyhood of repeating that would have been extremely slim.

At the end of it all, if the refs had done their job with anything approaching the degree of competency & honesty that should be expected of them, Falkirk would have been playing with 10 men for more than half of the 2 legged tie, and I can't see that even Hibs would have ****ed that up.

Feeling Cheated and Robbed yet again - and the really sad thing is that I'm so damn used to it!

The Leith Dutch
14-05-2016, 01:15 PM
Feeling Cheated and Robbed yet again - and the really sad thing is that I'm so damn used to it!

As in real life being cheated and robbed quite often requires some carelessness or gullibility on the part of those who have been cheated or robbed.
Not taking chances leave you vulnerable to sucker punches, fluke goals and poor refereeing decisions.
Scoring 3+ a game - what we should have been doing all season long given the players we have - leaves you massively less vulnerable to that kind of thing.