PDA

View Full Version : Hard league next year aswell

alihibs1
14-05-2016, 08:25 AM
The championship won't an easy league to get out of next year either if continue to play like we are playing. Many noteworthy teams.
Dundee United
Dunfermline
Falkirk or killie
Raith

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Nicho87
14-05-2016, 08:28 AM
Us not being a noteworthy team

Diclonius
14-05-2016, 08:28 AM
No, it isn't. The excuses are gone now - our budget is considerably bigger than Dundee United's or any team in this ***** division.

In all honesty, any manager who doesn't get us automatically promoted next year should be sacked on the spot.

1875STEVE
14-05-2016, 08:30 AM
No, it isn't. The excuses are gone now - our budget is considerably bigger than Dundee United's or any team in this ***** division.

In all honesty, any manager who doesn't get us automatically promoted next year should be sacked on the spot.

Spot on. :aok:

banarc7062
14-05-2016, 08:30 AM
The championship won't an easy league to get out of next year either if continue to play like we are playing. Many noteworthy teams.
Dundee United
Dunfermline
Falkirk or killie
Raith

Sounds as it could be more exciting than the premiership without the "big two" in that league. Bring it on.

High-On-Hibs
14-05-2016, 08:33 AM
I've seen some of Dunfermlines play as well. Slick and fast passing. Not pedestrian like ours.

SJM
14-05-2016, 08:34 AM
Piss the league under the manager that's lined up.

Del Boy
United are terrible and have no money, be surprised if they even make the play-offs

northstandhibby
Sounds as it could be more exciting than the premiership without the "big two" in that league. Bring it on.

Agreed. I think attendances will improve next season also. Hibs will likely be favorite to win the title without the rangers in it and with the right team could go on to have a very good next season.

GGTTH

SJM
14-05-2016, 08:36 AM
United are terrible and have no money, be surprised if they even make the play-offs

Yet they where the better side the majority of the match against us a few weeks back and already half their side has been told to bolt.

GreenCastle
14-05-2016, 08:37 AM
I've seen some of Dunfermlines play as well. Slick and fast passing. Not pedestrian like ours.

We played them pre-season last year and they were good - not surprised they won the league. More annoyed I didn't put money on it.

Green Fish
14-05-2016, 08:40 AM
Pars will lose player(s), don't think they've alot of money. I think that utd will be like St mirren. Am hoping that Falkirk go up as Killie will struggle with the drop too.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Diclonius
14-05-2016, 09:17 AM

???

High-On-Hibs
14-05-2016, 09:19 AM
Pars will lose player(s), don't think they've alot of money. I think that utd will be like St mirren. Am hoping that Falkirk go up as Killie will struggle with the drop too.

You don't lose players when you get promoted up a league. Unless you're planning to replace them with better.

SeanWilson
14-05-2016, 09:19 AM

Was that bevy or logic speaking? Do tell :greengrin

SeanWilson
14-05-2016, 09:22 AM
You don't lose players when you get promoted up a league. Unless you're planning to replace them with better.

Exactly - can see hibs losing players through book balancing and players being uninterested in the prospect of another season down here/offers elsewhere. Without sounding melodramatic, not going up this year could have catastrophic consequences for our football club.

Green Fish
14-05-2016, 09:24 AM
EL Baktoui will leave, who they going to replace him with?

TAHibby
14-05-2016, 09:25 AM
Exactly - can see hibs losing players through book balancing and players being uninterested in the prospect of another season down here/offers elsewhere. Without sounding melodramatic, not going up this year could have catastrophic consequences for our football club.

The thought of players who failed to do their job for Hibs going on to make more money elsewhere just makes me feel ill

High-On-Hibs
14-05-2016, 09:28 AM
EL Baktoui will leave, who they going to replace him with?

He may leave, but there is no guarantee that he will. Even if he does. Dunfermline have plenty in their resolve that could cause us potential problems next season.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Dundee United
Dunfermline
Falkirk or killie
Raith

If they are regarded as noteworthy teams we might as well chuck it.

SeanWilson
14-05-2016, 09:32 AM
The thought of players who failed to do their job for Hibs going on to make more money elsewhere just makes me feel ill

Individually:
Stokes
Henderson
Cummings
Fyvie
Keatings
McGinn
Hanlon
Oxley
Logan
Boyle
Fontaine
Gunnarson

At least all of above will either go back to club, be released or have offers to leave IMO.

We'll keep DMcG as he's never fit, Gray as he's never fit, Stevenson as as much as he's consistent he's not good enough, McGreggor cause he's a Hibee and coming to back end of his career... Another rebuilding job is likely and having just renewed our season book, I'm not in the finest fettle.

Stokesy's on fire
14-05-2016, 09:44 AM
Next season will be a challenge Dundee United will walk it.

WestStandMoaner
14-05-2016, 09:46 AM

I think people are not aware of the consequences of hibs failing to win promotion this season, we are kidding ourselves if we think Hibs will romp the league next year

ChooseLife
14-05-2016, 09:48 AM
I reckon having fans that think a league without Celtic, Huns, Yams and Sheep is going to difficult is part of the problem, we really are a championship club now with championship team expectations.

HibernianJK
14-05-2016, 09:50 AM
Next season will be a challenge Dundee United will walk it.

Eh

Stokesy's on fire
14-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Eh

Dundee United will win the championship.

sleeping giant
14-05-2016, 09:57 AM
I always thought we would be too good for this league but looking at those teams for next year , we could still be struggling.
Sad times

biotech
14-05-2016, 10:02 AM
The successful team(s) are the ones that adapt to circumstances. We need to adapt to Championships football. Something we've singularly failed to do to date.

resident_Arab
14-05-2016, 10:05 AM
If they are regarded as noteworthy teams we might as well chuck it.

You haven't finished above Utd for about ten years now, don't know what makes you think you are any more noteworthy than DUFC

Saying that no idea what to expect from us good or bad as there will be so many changes here over the summer

ekhibee
14-05-2016, 10:05 AM
I do think a lot depends on what players are still with the team and what we get for the players that move on. If, for example, McGinn was to move on and we get decent money for him, that will hopefully help determine what Stubbs or a new manager might get towards his playing budget. Of course it's just my personal opinion, but there's players that IMO we should let go in any case. On the subject of money coming in, others might know better than me what we get for appearing in 2 national cup finals as well.

stantonhibby
14-05-2016, 10:07 AM

OK I'll bite..... who is it then?

High-On-Hibs
14-05-2016, 10:08 AM
You haven't finished above Utd for about ten years now, don't know what makes you think you are any more noteworthy than DUFC

Saying that no idea what to expect from us good or bad as there will be so many changes here over the summer

Nobody is disputing those statistics. What we mean is, we "should" be finishing consistantly above Dundee Utd and plenty of other teams which we seem to consistantly fail to do. Considering our size and resources compared to these other clubs, it shouldn't be anywhere near as difficult as we're making it for ourselves.

ShinyFantastic
14-05-2016, 10:10 AM

Just a shame we pumped you out both cups this year...

CallumHibs07
14-05-2016, 10:11 AM
If we're really worried about the like of raith and dunfermline we should just pack it in right now.

Jones28
14-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Dundee United will win the championship.

I think that was more of an "eh, what makes you think that?"

I'd be inclined to agree with those sentiments

Nicho87
14-05-2016, 10:18 AM
How anyone can say today we will be favourites for next season i would love to no what your medicine is. We are a club in turmoil. Stubbs will be off and we will back at square one along with dundee utd with new players, new tactics etc.

resident_Arab
14-05-2016, 10:22 AM

Worst performance I've ever seen from us was the league cup tie

I'm just glad Mixu is away (disaster appointment) and we now have what appears to be a manager with a clue to rebuild us

sh00byd00
14-05-2016, 10:27 AM
I reckon having fans that think a league without Celtic, Huns, Yams and Sheep is going to difficult is part of the problem, we really are a championship club now with championship team expectations.

I may have read this incorrectly, so feel free to correct me, but we are a championship club and have been for 2 season, with a 3rd season looming. I don't understand why people out there still think we aren't. As soon as you're in a league, you become part of it. Still hear people stating we're PL, we're not. It's like some people just enjoy deluding themselves or can't accept what's right in front of them.

lyonhibs
14-05-2016, 10:42 AM

The thread really should have ended after the above post.

It'll be as hard a league as we bloody well make it for ourselves by playing sideways, slower than a week in jail possesion football and wasting chances hand over fist.

Or, we could play at pace, get the balls to the wings, have runners that go - wait for it - beyond the ball and clinical strikers. If I'm being greedy, a bit of luck wouldn't go amiss either.

ekhibee
14-05-2016, 02:05 PM
The thread really should have ended after the above post.

It'll be as hard a league as we bloody well make it for ourselves by playing sideways, slower than a week in jail possesion football and wasting chances hand over fist.

Or, we could play at pace, get the balls to the wings, have runners that go - wait for it - beyond the ball and clinical strikers. If I'm being greedy, a bit of luck wouldn't go amiss either.
Agree with every word you say, but there's 1 major problem there- Lewis Stevenson is probably the slowest winger I've ever seen at ER. Cue all the 'honest, hard working player' posts.

ShinyFantastic
14-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Agree with every word you say, but there's 1 major problem there- Lewis Stevenson is probably the slowest winger I've ever seen at ER. Cue all the 'honest, hard working player' posts.

Since when was Lewis Stevenson a winger?

Aldo
14-05-2016, 02:10 PM

One....he's not a winger

Two... He's far from slow

Blaster
14-05-2016, 02:13 PM

And that's my biggest criticism of Stubbs. Lewis is not a winger, never has been never will be. Left back yes with a winger in front of him. Back to basics next season with defenders just defending and with at least one winger in the team

I now don't care less if gray, Hanlon or Stevenson are still here or not. Build a defence round mcgregor and a decent keeper

ahibby
14-05-2016, 02:23 PM

Considering what McKinnon did with Raith you would have to imagine that he'll do better than 4th with Dundee Utd, but Petrie doesn't rate them:wink:

lyonhibs
14-05-2016, 02:37 PM

LS isn't a winger though. Our system has had us relying on him to provide the attacking width which he's actually done to relatively good effect on occasions this season, but it's not his strong point.

I should have specified that to play the kind of football I cited will need new players and the right players for it to work as Rangers and Hearts have shown it very easily can.

ekhibee
14-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Since when was Lewis Stevenson a winger?
Since Stubbs played him as one. There should be a proper winger in front of him, keep Stevenson further back on the left, he doesn't have enough pace.

ekhibee
14-05-2016, 02:42 PM
One....he's not a winger

He's far from fast too. No criticism of the player, just of the role he's being asked to play. It was evident when we were playing Sevco, to put Tavernier on the back foot because he's poor defending. There wasn't enough pace to trouble him and he would have plenty of time to make forward runs.

SonOfDavidFrancey
14-05-2016, 09:45 PM
What do people want from the playoff final? I Want Falkirk to fail but on the other hand don't want to have to play them again for another decade or two. So probably want them to beat Killie. Ideal I suppose if Falkirk go up then come straight down while we are going up.

Edinburgher
14-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Dundee Utd will struggle in my opinion - will take them a little while to get used to the culture shock - look at St Mirren. Falkirk may be losing a few players themselves and possibly puss-head Houston too if they don`t beat Kilmarnock. Kilmarnock will have to downsize , if they come down - so I don`t think they will challenge us consistently, I have therefore have no doubts we will win it next year.

el hibs
14-05-2016, 10:37 PM
Dundee Utd will struggle in my opinion - will take them a little while to get used to the culture shock - look at St Mirren. Falkirk may be losing a few players themselves and possibly puss-head Houston too if they don`t beat Kilmarnock. Kilmarnock will have to downsize , if they come down - so I don`t think they will challenge us consistently, I have therefore have no doubts we will win it next year.

Agreed... and we will be enjoying European Football.

Turkish Green
14-05-2016, 10:43 PM
No excuses. Dundee Utd with fare similar to St Mirren this season. Falkirk will skoosh Killie, who will struggle too. Raith, Dunfermline and Morton will have stuttering periods.

sure, there are a decent bunch of 5 to 6 teams that would be competing for the play-off places, but Hibs should be favourites to take the championship.

Andy74
14-05-2016, 10:47 PM
What do people want from the playoff final? I Want Falkirk to fail but on the other hand don't want to have to play them again for another decade or two. So probably want them to beat Killie. Ideal I suppose if Falkirk go up then come straight down while we are going up.

I'd rather have Killie down. Sad to think Falkirk have done us over this last six months or so. I'd be more confident of finishing above Killie.

heretoday
15-05-2016, 12:17 AM

He's not a great full back either to be honest.

I'd replace the entire defence if I could - except Gray.

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2016, 12:18 AM

Why would you keep Gray but replace the rest?

JJP
15-05-2016, 12:18 AM

Not for me. Big fan of Darren McGregor and apparently he has confirmed he will be here next season.

rcarter1
15-05-2016, 08:52 AM
I'd rather have Killie down. Sad to think Falkirk have done us over this last six months or so. I'd be more confident of finishing above Killie.

Agree. Falkirk really have made big leaps forward this season. If they get hammered by Killie, I will be surprised. As it stands, Falkirk look at least as well placed to build an SPL side then Killie, given their gates are quite similar. As the disappointment of being down here fades a bit, it becomes an interesting prospect as to how next year works out.

Green Fish
15-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Utd fan on here trying to Lord it over us, wtf. A club that has SOLD OUT. In turmoil, a chairman that hasn't a clue trying to offload. Nothing to be afraid of imo.

Greenworld
15-05-2016, 09:13 AM
So long is going to take us to get used to the culture shock 3 seasons

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

trev the hat
15-05-2016, 09:14 AM
Utd fan on here trying to Lord it over us, wtf. A club that has SOLD OUT. In turmoil, a chairman that hasn't a clue trying to offload. Nothing to be afraid of imo.

Can't see where he's lording it, his point about us not finishing above them in 10yr is valid. However I fully expect that to change next year.

trev the hat
15-05-2016, 09:19 AM

I want Falkirk to stay down, they'll find it hard to be as good this year with the disappointment should they lose to Killie.
We've under achieved while they've been the opposite.

Green Fish
15-05-2016, 09:20 AM
Can't see where he's lording it, his point about us not finishing above them in 10yr is valid. However I fully expect that to change next year.
Guess I'm still in a foul mood! Apologies!

trev the hat
15-05-2016, 09:33 AM
Guess I'm still in a foul mood! Apologies!

No apology required GF 👍

coldingham hibs
15-05-2016, 10:32 AM
No excuses. Dundee Utd with fare similar to St Mirren this season. Falkirk will skoosh Killie, who will struggle too. Raith, Dunfermline and Morton will have stuttering periods.

sure, there are a decent bunch of 5 to 6 teams that would be competing for the play-off places, but Hibs should be favourites to take the championship.

Dundee Utd should & will be favourites. We will struggle again next season unless we change our style of play completely. All the teams know exactly how to play against us and will deploy the exact same tactics. My worry is whether or not Stubbs can change the style of play as he failed to do it this season when it was glaringly obvious to everyone.

The Green Goblin
15-05-2016, 10:37 AM

Come on SJM, I'm the third person to bite. :greengrin Third time lucky. Spill the beans. :wink:

heretoday
15-05-2016, 10:41 AM
I want Falkirk to stay down, they'll find it hard to be as good this year with the disappointment should they lose to Killie.
We've under achieved while they've been the opposite.

No! I don't want to see Falkirk again for a while!

heretoday
15-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Why would you keep Gray but replace the rest?

I like Gray. He's tough and has a good attitude. He's no pushover.

GreenArmyyy!
15-05-2016, 10:58 AM

This.

I must say I find it very strange for opposition supporters to register on other fans forums and post.... that's what pie and bovril is for.

GreenArmyyy!
15-05-2016, 11:00 AM

I want Falkirk to lose 20-0 over the two legs and go in to Liquidation the following day.

SJM
15-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Come on SJM, I'm the third person to bite. :greengrin Third time lucky. Spill the beans. :wink:

McCall will be our next manager. He will get my backing although I would rather have GJP.

paddy1875
15-05-2016, 11:03 AM
McCall will be our next manager. He will get my backing although I would rather have GJP.

Is this your own personal opinion or is what you've heard?

SJM
15-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Is this your own personal opinion or is what you've heard?

An opinion based on what I've heard. :aok:

paddy1875
15-05-2016, 11:12 AM
An opinion based on what I've heard. :aok:

If Stubbs leaves at the end of the season this wouldn't be a bad replacement.

The Green Goblin
15-05-2016, 11:16 AM
This.

I must say I find it very strange for opposition supporters to register on other fans forums and post.... that's what pie and bovril is for.

In the early days of this forum, going back to 1999/2000 onwards, there were quite a few posters from other clubs on here. Some of them were roasters of course, but there were some good exchanges (like jfk's thread) from a decent number of fans too. Things changed, iirc, after Romanov arrived and things turned a bit nasty between us and them. I don't really mind it tbh.

SJM
15-05-2016, 11:45 AM
If Stubbs leaves at the end of the season this wouldn't be a bad replacement.

Could be better, could be worse. :agree:

Itsnoteasy
15-05-2016, 12:31 PM

Hardly done us over. They beat us ONCE

Borderhibbie76
15-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Dundee Utd should & will be favourites. We will struggle again next season unless we change our style of play completely. All the teams know exactly how to play against us and will deploy the exact same tactics. My worry is whether or not Stubbs can change the style of play as he failed to do it this season when it was glaringly obvious to everyone.

The style will change as Stubbs wont be here... Im sure of it he is OFF after next weekend

Alfred E Newman
15-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Just watching Ayr v Stranraer and it's depressing to think this is the level we are at.

Lago
15-05-2016, 04:08 PM
One....he's not a winger

Three he always checks his run turns inside and passes back to a mid fielder, cross on the run god forbid.

Big L
15-05-2016, 04:20 PM

I can only hope he brings his boss with him ( starch ) and that McCalls the assistant!

Hibernia&Alba
15-05-2016, 04:30 PM
The Hun and the maroon mini Hun as competitors were valid reasons when discussing the difficult task of automatic promotion, but there are no excuses next season. Dundee United and a newly promoted Dunfermline? No way, we should be winning the Championship by miles.

Alfred E Newman
15-05-2016, 04:33 PM
The Hun and the maroon mini Hun as competitors were valid reasons when discussing the difficult task of automatic promotion, but there are no excuses next season. Dundee United and a newly promoted Dunfermline? No way, we should be winning the Championship by miles.

They will be pinning that post on every dressing room wall H&A . You are worse than Stubbs :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
15-05-2016, 04:34 PM
They will be pinning that post on every dressing room wall H&A . You are worse than Stubbs :greengrin

Let them, it's true :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
15-05-2016, 04:42 PM
I dont see the league next year being anywhere near as difficult as our first season in the Championship (even more so if Killie come down).

There will be no excuses next year, we should be champions.

GlesgaeHibby
15-05-2016, 06:05 PM

Totally disagree. That club is a mess just now. They've got a new manager in who will no doubt have an impact and start to turn things around, but they've told all but 5 players they are going. That's one hell of a rebuilding job. Playoffs at best for them.

League will be tough again next season. St Mirren have been stronger since Rae took over, expect Dunfermline to be in with a shout of a play off place too. With Hearts and Rangers gone, we have to be favourites and we have to hit the ground running in August to ensure we win the title.