PDA

View Full Version : Put it in the Mixer...

Brooster
14-05-2016, 06:24 AM
...and the chances are you will score or get a very decent chance against this petrified Hibs defence. That last minute throw in was closer to the half way line than the corner flag and came down with snow on it but not one Hibs player had the balls to go right through it and clear the danger. To put it politely we are soft centered. Toughen up quickly or this circle of failure will never end.

SlickShoes
14-05-2016, 06:32 AM
It already feels never ending, thought relegation was the bottom but we still manage to get progressively worse each year, really amazing.

I'll still be there but with the prices we offer I'll be at less games than ever before. Other people will drift away, even winning the cup in some sort of miracle performance won't win people back for the long haul.

SherbetFountain
14-05-2016, 06:33 AM
It seems like we all know what's going to happen - it's just a matter of time before it does!! For the last 25 minutes Hibs just invited pressure, they're usual game just goes out the window!!

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2016, 06:35 AM
Houston has said this all season, and last too. Yet he's a roaster, a roaster like Brooster who can see the problems where others bury their heads.

Brooster
14-05-2016, 06:57 AM
Houston has said this all season, and last too. Yet he's a roaster, a roaster like Brooster who can see the problems where others bury their heads.

Thanks....thats one of the nicer things you've called me.

ronaldo7
14-05-2016, 07:02 AM
...and the chances are you will score or get a very decent chance against this petrified Hibs defence. That last minute throw in was closer to the half way line than the corner flag and came down with snow on it but not one Hibs player had the balls to go right through it and clear the danger. To put it politely we are soft centered. Toughen up quickly or this circle of failure will never end.

Our Manager must be able to see what we can all see, so why does he leave a 6ft 2 capable defender sitting on the bench whilst leaving our left back in place.

Houston and McDonagh must be laughing all the way to Killie.

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2016, 07:05 AM
Thanks....thats one of the nicer things you've called me.

Sorry Brooster, it was not supposed to mean you were a roaster :greengrin Just that roaster Houston and a few others here could see the same as you can.:agree:

Onion
14-05-2016, 07:10 AM
It already feels never ending, thought relegation was the bottom but we still manage to get progressively worse each year, really amazing.

I'll still be there but with the prices we offer I'll be at less games than ever before. Other people will drift away, even winning the cup in some sort of miracle performance won't win people back for the long haul.

Sadly, agree. A 3rd season of lower division football will prove too much for some and they will finally give up on Hibs and move on. The way this club manages to lose matches and trophies has made it a joke figure. Realistically, winning the Scottish Cup is the highest possible achievement for a club like Hibs. Paradoxically, winning it could see even more long-suffering fans move on. In many cases, the SC is the only thing that keeps them going.

Lee Marvin
14-05-2016, 07:39 AM
It's so obvious and basic it's unreal. Get the ball in the box enough times and you will score goals. It's literally impossible not too over time!!!!

We do not have good enough players to play pretty football through teams at this level, as they have so many men behind the ball.

It's not rocket science and easily stubbs biggest failing in my book. Ultimately the reason we are still in this division and why I wanted him gone months ago.

Brooster
14-05-2016, 08:15 AM
Our Manager must be able to see what we can all see, so why does he leave a 6ft 2 capable defender sitting on the bench whilst leaving our left back in place.

Houston and McDonagh must be laughing all the way to Killie.

Yes they will be grinning from ear to ear. Im actually exasperated at watching Stevenson week in week out, he just isnt good enough. I also think that our most aggresive centre half in terms of attacking high balls is on loan at Plymouth.....he wouldve attcked that last minute throw in.

SJM
14-05-2016, 08:18 AM
Yes they will be grinning from ear to ear. Im actually exasperated at watching Stevenson week in week out, he just isnt good enough. I also think that our most aggresive centre half in terms of attacking high balls is on loan at Plymouth.....he wouldve attcked that last minute throw in.

JF won't be back under Stubbs 100%. Hopefully our next manager will have a different view if we don't win next week.

Aldo
14-05-2016, 08:20 AM
JF won't be back under Stubbs 100%. Hopefully our next manager will have a different view if we don't win next week.

This league is made for Forsters aggressive style of play.

Gunnarrson also deserved more of a chance than he has been given!

I hope Forster returns and is in the new managers plans. How long left on contract??

JimBHibees
14-05-2016, 08:21 AM

I would chuck Gunnarsson at left back. Not as good a footballer probably but better physically. As it is we will play 3 at the back v Rangers.

ronaldo7
14-05-2016, 08:25 AM
I would chuck Gunnarsson at left back. Not as good a footballer probably but better physically. As it is we will play 3 at the back v Rangers.

Stubbs should have made the move last night when Falkirk made their subs. It was always going to be the long ball into the box targeting Lewis. Houston's told us for a couple of seasons now.

Hermit Crab
14-05-2016, 08:40 AM
Stubbs should have made the move last night when Falkirk made their subs. It was always going to be the long ball into the box targeting Lewis. Houston's told us for a couple of seasons now.

He also should have taken stokes off instead of keatings. Stokes got his 2nd booking so would have been suspended had we went through.

Aldo
14-05-2016, 08:42 AM
He also should have taken stokes off instead of keatings. Stokes got his 2nd booking so would have been suspended had we went through.

I wonder If Keatings will keep his place ahead of JC next Saturday!

Showed his worth last nite and I think Stokes/Keatings is a better partnership.

JK also brings more to the team IMHO but Jason does like to bang them in against Der Hun!!

Hermit Crab
14-05-2016, 08:45 AM
I wonder If Keatings will keep his place ahead of JC next Saturday!

Showed his worth last nite and I think Stokes/Keatings is a better partnership.

JK also brings more to the team IMHO but Jason does like to bang them in against Der Hun!!

I think that might be cummings only saving grace next week.

ronaldo7
14-05-2016, 08:46 AM

:agree: Keatings is offering us more than Stokes and Cummings put together at the moment. We miss Dom though.

Aldo
14-05-2016, 08:47 AM
I think that might be cummings only saving grace next week.

It shouldn't though as its a team game.

I hope Keatings retains his place and scores like last nite!

He was excellent for both goals (or run for pen)

14-05-2016, 08:53 AM
We cannot deal with high balls into the box. Thats the bottom line. As soon as a ball is launched in we seem to panic. Falkirk knew this and exposed it.

JimBHibees
14-05-2016, 08:59 AM

Absolutely the exact same goal as the equaliser at home a few weeks back. Joke.

pennyhibee
14-05-2016, 09:57 AM
That's absolutely how I seen it too .I was thinking we were going to manage the win last night until the substitutions which had an awful familiar ring to them .Am also sure I heard Stubbs say on radio he knew how Falkirk would play the game

Steve-O
14-05-2016, 10:01 AM
We've been losing this type of goal almost as long as I remember - that Hearts 4-4 game was the same and that was about 12 years ago! 2 up with about 30 seconds to go and lose TWO goals due to absolute panic in defence.