PDA

View Full Version : Sick of it......

Juice-Terry
14-05-2016, 01:25 AM
How much more can we take...? Honestly...?

Carheenlea
14-05-2016, 01:30 AM

As much as it takes for good times to roll again. That might just be a week away.

Baldy Foghorn
14-05-2016, 01:39 AM
As much as it takes for good times to roll again. That might just be a week away.

Fingers and toes crossed:agree:

Pete
14-05-2016, 01:44 AM

Persevere.

:take that

:cup:

JohnM1875
14-05-2016, 01:58 AM
Awk really?! I'm totally done. The reason we care so much about the cup is because we haven't won it in so ****ing long! Win it and what difference does it make really?! We'll still be playing against joiners and plumbers next year in a micky mouse league! Failing to get promotion is a complete and utter disaster and a third season in the championship is a joke. A cup is a lottery and any team can win it. See ict, Ross County up here. Wigan etc down south. The fact we've tried and failed to get out of this league for two years now is not acceptable. And, to those who find it acceptable you're just admitting that you think Hibs are a second division team. Call me a yam, say I'm a part time fan, do what you want. Failing to get out this league for Hibs is a ****ing disaster! No two ways about it.

TAHibby
14-05-2016, 02:16 AM
Awk really?! I'm totally done. The reason we care so much about the cup is because we haven't won it in so ****ing long! Win it and what difference does it make really?! We'll still be playing against joiners and plumbers next year in a micky mouse league! Failing to get promotion is a complete and utter disaster and a third season in the championship is a joke. A cup is a lottery and any team can win it. See ict, Ross County up here. Wigan etc down south. The fact we've tried and failed to get out of this league for two years now is not acceptable. And, to those who find it acceptable you're just admitting that you think Hibs are a second division team. Call me a yam, say I'm a part time fan, do what you want. Failing to get out this league for Hibs is a ****ing disaster! No two ways about it.

If you are a Hibernian supporter, as awful as today has been it won't change a thing and you'll be back again for more. I agree with what you've said btw. Next season is going to be very difficult again

Lex7zero
14-05-2016, 05:01 AM

Sums it up for me too. The Falkirk game was our cup final and we blew it big time as we always do. The Scottish Cup was always secondary for me and even if we win it we are stuck in this ****ty league for at least another season. Last nights game was one of the worst in our history and yet another embarrassing late capitulation for which I won't forgive Stubbs or the players. Good luck at Blackburn Stubbs and please take Fyvie with you.

PompeyHibs
14-05-2016, 06:27 AM
Next week isn't looking good if you take into account the five cup finals we have had this year (the biggest games and must win games of the season)

Ross County League cup = beat

Play offs
Raith first leg = beat
Raith second leg = win

Falkirk first leg = draw
Falkirk second leg = beat

That's a record off W1, D1, L3

100% not confident for next week

green day
14-05-2016, 06:30 AM
Next week isn't looking good if you take into account the five cup finals we have had this year (the biggest games and must win games of the season)

Ross County League cup = beat

Play offs
Raith first leg = beat
Raith second leg = win

Falkirk first leg = draw
Falkirk second leg = beat

That's a record off W1, D1, L3

100% not confident for next week

Alternatively you could look at our record against premier league teams (which I class Rangers as)?

I think its played 9, won 6, drawn 2, lost 1

I appreciate some of that was earlier in the season and confidence was higher.

Joe6-2
14-05-2016, 06:32 AM

I've been saying this for 45 years, but, I feel this is the lowest, even with the final coming up!! I really don't see us breaking that abysmal record!

PompeyHibs
14-05-2016, 06:37 AM
Alternatively you could look at our record against premier league teams (which I class Rangers as)?

There's other games that could be added but my thoughts were around the games that must win that result in a cup or promotion.

Over the season we have had some big results but in the must win, biggest of the big games, were a prize is on offer our record is poor.

Good results v the rangers, hearts, Aberdeen, United, st Johnstone and ICT this year

Pretty Boy
14-05-2016, 06:45 AM
It's a boot in the baws followed by a kick in the stomach alright.

However being a football fan means whether we like it or not we keep taking it until the good moment fleetingly comes along then we keep taking it again until the next one. Another season in this league is a grim thought, when you look at the potential teams involved it's going to be a tough ask to win it. However we will, hopefully, have a new manager at the helm and we go again. ***** feeling right now but I'll keep taking it because it's what football fans have to do.

Waxy
14-05-2016, 06:55 AM
We all knew this could easily happen.We knew Rangers were favs with their bigger budget and the playoffs are a lottery. It's just a bit raw because the way it happened. Bad luck and poor reffing as usual with us.

marinello59
14-05-2016, 07:00 AM
We all knew this could easily happen.We knew Rangers were favs with their bigger budget and the playoffs are a lottery. It's just a bit raw because the way it happened. Bad luck and poor reffing as usual with us.

Rangers were favourites last season with their bigger budget. Hearts romped to the title. It's not bad luck that has seen us consolidate our position as a lower league team, it's a whole season of failing to better a series of poor teams.

Mr Grieves
14-05-2016, 07:03 AM

That's totally nonsensical when you compare our budget to the other teams in this league. We should be destroying Falkirk

Lucius Apuleius
14-05-2016, 07:07 AM
That's totally nonsensical when you compare our budget to the other teams in this league. We should be destroying Falkirk

A bit like Leicester should never have been near the top of the league. Budget is not the be all.

Waxy
14-05-2016, 07:07 AM

We couldnt destroy Dumbarton, morton, alloa,
I've got to the point that i'll be glad to see the back of this season.

greenpaper55
14-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Losing to Alloa for example just should not happen, losing to Morton and Dumbarton was not to clever either. We are where we are because we were second best to a Falkirk team put together at a fraction of the cost of our "stars" ! I think we had better get used to being in this league for a good while longer.

Golden Bear
14-05-2016, 07:36 AM
The balance of the squad has been wrong from the word go hence Stubborn's reluctance to change from his much vaunted "diamond." It's been said many times but it doesn't detract from the truth that the lack of pace and width has cost us dear.

Another very disappointing aspect of yet another dismal season is the Club's continuing inability to bring youngsters forward from the Academy - in fact why do we bother having it?

buktapurple79
14-05-2016, 07:40 AM
It's a boot in the baws followed by a kick in the stomach alright.

However being a football fan means whether we like it or not we keep taking it until the good moment fleetingly comes along then we keep taking it again until the next one. Another season in this league is a grim thought, when you look at the potential teams involved it's going to be a tough ask to win it. However we will, hopefully, have a new manager at the helm and we go again. ***** feeling right now but I'll keep taking it because it's what football fans have to do.

Well said m8 - we are fans of Hibernian F.C. We go again - to Hampden to lift the cup, we go again to win the championship. We persevere. Keep the Faith.

northstandhibby
14-05-2016, 07:50 AM

Very hard to take, however we will as we always do lift ourselves. I am gutted this morning and still cannot really believe what I watched last night. No-one died though and we live to fight another day.

GGTTH

mcfly
14-05-2016, 07:50 AM
I applaud everyone who says keep the faith but the reality is another season in lower leagues - no big games, SPL ticket prices.

At this moment who is looking forward to that??

As much as Stubbs says his team has bottle. I don't think so. Losing last minute goals in big big games is poor organisation and lack of concentration and that has been our season.

We give soft goals away, we don't score enough goals, key players injured too much, big signing of stokes has been a failure.

Why was keatings subbed?
Why at 2-1 with 8 mins to go did we not shut up shop and put on Fontaine and gunnerson?

I'd love us to win the cup next week but can Stubbs pick this team up from this?? The odds must be long but we have to believe.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-05-2016, 07:52 AM
Relegated by a 93rd min goal, denied promotion by a 92nd min goal. In amongst all the other pish we have had thrown at us. Cannot be another set of supporters in world football who have had more boots in the baws than us. Simply can't be

Beefster
14-05-2016, 07:53 AM

We've lost to Rangers 3 times this season. You can't class them as a Premier League team and then ignore the results against them.

ronaldo7
14-05-2016, 07:56 AM
The balance of the squad has been wrong from the word go hence Stubborn's reluctance to change from his much vaunted "diamond." It's been said many times but it doesn't detract from the truth that the lack of pace and width has cost us dear.

Another very disappointing aspect of yet another dismal season is the Club's continuing inability to bring youngsters forward from the Academy - in fact why do we bother having it?

And if we had width up top, maybe our defenders could actually stay back and defend.

I don't know what Boylers's done to Stubbs, but this laddie is more than worth his place in the side.

LauderHibby
14-05-2016, 07:56 AM
The thing I struggle with the most is our lack of fight and a belief that simply playing better tippy tappy low tempo football is the answer.

Hibs did not seem up for the game.

I thought coaching improved players and teams? Strikers still missing too many chances, lack of tempo and directness and weak defence on left and right.....somebody needs to explain that!

But, I have already bought my season ticket, and I will be at the final..hey ho let's go!!

Seekyit
14-05-2016, 09:04 AM
I thought we were the better team on Tuesday. And last night. Truly Seekyit.

overdrive
14-05-2016, 09:11 AM
I've bought my ST for next year weeks ago. Wish I hadn't. Next season is Hibs last chance to keep this ST holder. Anything less than winning this awful league at a canter and winning most league games by at least 2 goals will be a another failure.

ehf
14-05-2016, 10:11 AM
Relegated by a 93rd min goal, denied promotion by a 92nd min goal. In amongst all the other pish we have had thrown at us. Cannot be another set of supporters in world football who have had more boots in the baws than us. Simply can't be

Also lost the LC Final by a 93rd minute goal and denied 2nd place by a 93rd minute goal.

hibeerealist
14-05-2016, 10:24 AM

THIS!! Too many of us thinking we are unlucky, no not unlucky just not good enough!! Yes we can play good football but too many losers r not enough winners in the team. Soft, is an understatement

Onion
14-05-2016, 10:35 AM
I've bought my ST for next year weeks ago. Wish I hadn't. Next season is Hibs last chance to keep this ST holder. Anything less than winning this awful league at a canter and winning most league games by at least 2 goals will be a another failure.

Think the Board need to get this message loud and clear, as I feel exactly the same way. Don't mind paying top prices as long as they get us out of here. Anything less than winning the league at a canter is unacceptable. Hibs season ticket numbers will completely collapse if we fail again. 5k crowds in a 22k stadium if they're lucky.

j'adore hibs
14-05-2016, 10:50 AM
my lad has since getting a season ticket has seen hibs get relegated, fail to get promotion via play off's, lose 3 cup finals etc etc

hes out in the garden now with his hibs top on hitting bangers into the goals

High-On-Hibs
14-05-2016, 10:52 AM
my lad has since getting a season ticket has seen hibs get relegated, fail to get promotion via play off's, lose 3 cup finals etc etc

Get him signed up! We need someone who can put the ball in the net!

snooky
14-05-2016, 11:59 AM
I think there should be a Paper League.
We'd win it hands down as oor team always looks great on paper.

Carheenlea
14-05-2016, 12:14 PM

And he will thank you for it all next week G when he sees the cup paraded down past his house...

RickyS
14-05-2016, 01:11 PM

sums it up for me as well, maybe im biased but i dont think theres a set of fans who get put through what we do.
3 seasons out the top flight (at least) is simply unacceptable regardless of who the opposition is or was.
I will be shot down by those who can remain positive, but I dont think I can keep paying SPl prices for playing against utter gash.
our record against SPL teams this season counts for **** all our run in the cups counts for **** all in the grand scheme of things cos we are playing against some utter gash AGAIN next season.
the majority of clubs would sack a manger who had a club this size outside the top flight for 3 consecutive seasons. for me winning the cup is the only thing that keep him in a job next season

One Day Soon
14-05-2016, 01:13 PM

The utterly mingin' fuds running our club don't deserve the support of loyal guys like your son.

RickyS
14-05-2016, 01:41 PM
The utterly mingin' fuds running our club don't deserve the support of loyal guys like your son.

my boys started under calderwood were we won two home games all season and suffered and under fenlon and butcher and countless fruitless trips to hampden, its getting harder to convince them to come to games

inglisavhibs
14-05-2016, 01:49 PM

That is a worry as we can't keep spending the money we have this year.

ahibby
14-05-2016, 02:26 PM

You should be sick of it. We all should be but it's only football and Hibs are worth supporting again next season, it's a bit of a rollercoaster if nothing else.

rcarter1
14-05-2016, 02:49 PM
Persevere.

:take that

:cup:

:agree: Thats all Ive got left. I don't have the energy to be upset about it all.

snooky
14-05-2016, 02:54 PM
That is a worry as we can't keep spending the money we have this year.

Aye we can. When the overdraft gets too high just say to the banks, etc. "stuff it you're not getting your money". We've changed our name to The Hibs.
Easy peasy.

Green_one
14-05-2016, 02:59 PM

That's me and I have have a lot more years on me. I cannot understand the despondency we are where we are. From here we go forward together

JK Rolling
14-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Rangers were favourites last season with their bigger budget. Hearts romped to the title. It's not bad luck that has seen us consolidate our position as a lower league team, it's a whole season of failing to better a series of poor teams.

Great post. We can't keep blaming refs/bad luck etc., we need to accept the FACT that it's all good and well to beat teams from the top league in the cups but when a final comes around, and of equal significance a minnow requires beating in the league, we need to get a result. Hearts/Rangers didn't win the Championship by just beating each other/us, they won it by consistently beating smaller teams.
Good teams are 'up' for the right matches and not just the high profile ones.

Ronniekirk
15-05-2016, 03:18 PM
We haven't won the Scottish Cup for so long now ,that no one expects us to win it
Lets take the pressure off ourselves .We are massive underdogs .Everyone expects us to Hibsed it ,so lets just go out and enjoy the occasion and what will be will be Thats going to be my approach going into next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk