PDA

View Full Version : Keep the faith...

DickieDastardly
14-05-2016, 12:46 AM
It has been another very tough evening being a hibs fan and (while not at the match) spoiled what would have been a good night out with work colleagues (who were a mix of hibs, hearts and celtic supporters). However from what I saw of the game tonight and from the matches I've managed to attend this season I still believe we are on the right path, we try and play football the right way but are probably short of a couple of players.
i think it needs to be remembered how bad we had become over a number of years, during this time much of the clamour was about how "we just want to see football played the right way over a defensive or hoofball style". The championship is a competitive division and probably the top five/six sides would hold their own against alleged elite premier division teams.
Talk of sacking Stubbs I think is wrong, he inherited a shambles and has in two seasons made a lot of headway into restructuring our set up, yes we've missed promotion this time round but brining in a new manager who would probably want to make his mark with wholesale changes would I believe just set us back into the pack.

only my tuppence worth of course and I'm sure some will shoot me down but I just think it's a time for calm reflection rather than knee jerk reactions....