PDA

View Full Version : This great club.....

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 12:21 AM
....spending a 3rd season out the topflight, not through administration not through points being taken off, but by not being good enough on the park in the dugout and in the boardroom. The fans have been fantastic and backed the team only to be let down time and time again.

Hold your heads in shame tonight as this club has failed every fan. It is a disgrace to be here again, a total and utter disgrace.

Haymaker
14-05-2016, 12:22 AM
We are the Scottish Leeds.

Booked4Being-Ugly
14-05-2016, 12:32 AM
We've been too nice as a club....paying our debts on time, trying to play nice football, letting players go before their contracts run out, thanking the fans of ****my clubs for making the effort to come along and experience our nice hospitality at ER, hope you all enjoyed yourselves...was lovely to see you!

SteveHFC
14-05-2016, 12:33 AM
We are the Scottish Leeds.

This and look where Leeds are now. Struggling in the championship every season.

GreenArmyyy!
14-05-2016, 12:35 AM
We are finished.

marinello59
14-05-2016, 12:37 AM
We are finished.

Nope.
We are at a low point but finished? Never.

Postman Pat
14-05-2016, 12:42 AM
Nope.

Agreed.

SpaceBob
14-05-2016, 12:45 AM
We will come back, it's just a matter of time.

Greencore
14-05-2016, 12:46 AM
Give the younger guys a shot, they know what it is to play for the badge.

Keyser Sauzee
14-05-2016, 12:53 AM
For me this is just a period in our history that is a very low point, one that we will bounce back from, it's just unfortunate that the current fans are the ones being put through it. We are too big compared to the other teams in this league to not eventually go up.

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 12:57 AM
For me this is just a period in our history that is a very low point, one that we will bounce back from, it's just unfortunate that the current fans are the ones being put through it. We are too big compared to the other teams in this league to not eventually go up.

Tonight proved for me you simply have to finish top of this league no ifs or buts. TOP.

marinello59
14-05-2016, 01:01 AM
Tonight proved for me you simply have to finish top of this league no ifs or buts. TOP.

True. And that has to be the target for next season with dropping in to the playoffs seen as failure.

Keyser Sauzee
14-05-2016, 01:03 AM

I agree with u. The point I was making is that its s**** right now but I fully believe we will get out of this league, exactly when is anyones guess but we will and look back at this period as a very low one, one we will have moved on from.

SlatefordHibby
14-05-2016, 01:28 AM
We are finished.

No we're not. We're Scottish!

Stokesy's on fire
14-05-2016, 01:40 AM
No we're not. We're Scottish!

"It's ***** being Scottish we're the lowest of the low"

Pete
14-05-2016, 01:40 AM

:agree:

It's more than possible next year and I reckon we'll be favourites.

However, it feels like we're in quicksand and we're making a **** of trying to escape it.

Jones28
14-05-2016, 05:24 AM
If we can't finish top of the league next season then it's not inconceivable that we do a Dundee and stay down for 4,5,6 years or longer.

Nicho87
14-05-2016, 05:35 AM
Can see us being down here a while now. The real fun is just started. Petrie can gtf, take your training complex with you.

SJM
14-05-2016, 05:40 AM
Can see us being down here a while now. The real fun is just started. Petrie can gtf, take your training complex with you.

Who is to fear next season likes?

New manager, new team. 6,000 season ticket holders already in the bag. Absolutely no reason why we can't go up next year.

Aye we are all hurting, aye it's another kick in the nuts but our club is nothing like Leeds, they like hearts and the Huns spent money they didn't have and fell to ****, unfortunately their the only ones that got what was coming. New manager and players next year we will have the biggest budget if picked correct we will have a great chance of going up.

Ozyhibby
14-05-2016, 05:44 AM

New manager, new team. 6,000 season ticket holders already in the bag. Absolutely no reason why we can't go up next year.

Aye we are all hurting, aye it's another kick in the nuts but our club is nothing like Leeds, they like hearts and the Huns spent money they didn't have and fell to ****, unfortunately their the only ones that got what was coming. New manager and players next year we will have the biggest budget if picked correct we will have a great chance of going up.

Probably be another untried rookie manager though, so it will take us till the end of the season to realise he is no good and just had good interview skills.

SJM
14-05-2016, 05:48 AM
Probably be another untried rookie manager though, so it will take us till the end of the season to realise he is no good and just had good interview skills.

Nah. It will be McCall or Coyle.

Nicho87
14-05-2016, 05:52 AM
More changes, new players, lower average crowds. I aint seeing much positives other than thank god its the end of the season.

SJM
14-05-2016, 05:53 AM
More changes, new players, lower average crowds. I aint seeing much positives other than thank god its the end of the season.

You would see the positives if a manager comes in, knows how to win this league and we do a 1998 1999.

Nicho87
14-05-2016, 06:03 AM
You would see the positives if a manager comes in, knows how to win this league and we do a 1998 1999.

We should be phoning McLeish until he signs imo

Jim44
14-05-2016, 06:04 AM
We will come back, it's just a matter of time.

Of all the words that have been uttered here since the 94 minutes were up last night, these are the saddest and most thought provoking so far. They sum up for me the depth that we have sunk to in the past few years. Fitting words, maybe, for our abysmal Scottish Cup record but I honestly never thought I would hear them in relation to our status as a top flight club, which we no longer are in my opinion.

WhileTheChief..
14-05-2016, 06:06 AM
We were meant to walk it this year remember.

A full year to prepare, the genius Stubbs as manager and going up against the worst Rangers Team ever with the useless Warburton in charge :confused:

SJM
14-05-2016, 06:06 AM

I agree. It won't be though.

Nicho87
14-05-2016, 06:07 AM
How people are so confident i must be missing something. Great club, mutants running it!

Nicho87
14-05-2016, 06:08 AM
I agree. It won't be though.

Sadly i agree. More like a mccall,

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 06:29 AM

Who is to fear next season? The one club to fear for ne is Hibernian.

Waxy
14-05-2016, 07:18 AM
Its false really. I've said this before.Last couple if years we've been out the top league but finished 14th and 15th in Scotland.There were times last century when we've finished consistantly worse when in the old twenty team league. This is not the worst period we've had. We could end up being here for a while as depressing as it is. It could and will happen to every team outside the bigots.

Sir David Gray
14-05-2016, 07:28 AM
We absolutely must be going up as champions next year. With no Sevco or Hearts in the league next year, finishing any lower than first would be an absolute disgrace.

My fear is that we may not be able to afford to keep our better players next season.

Keith_M
14-05-2016, 07:29 AM

Any side similar in quality to Falkirk, as they finished higher than us and just put us out of the play-offs.

HappyHanlon
14-05-2016, 07:35 AM
Another season in this pish league. Yippee....

Another trip to the Cheaper Insurance Dumbarton Stadium. Yippee....

Another chance to beaten by dross after we've created a million and one chances. Yippee....

Another 2 trips into the land of Tory supporting, no voting losers. Yippee....

Yippee

Nutmegged
14-05-2016, 08:30 AM
It's such a strange feeling, there's no doubt we have one of the top five squads in the Country, if we were in the Premiership we would be a top six club with a view to being top four but we just can't get out of this cess pit of a Division

ben johnson
14-05-2016, 08:53 AM
We absolutely must be going up as champions next year. With no Sevco or Hearts in the league next year, finishing any lower than first would be an absolute disgrace.

My fear is that we may not be able to afford to keep our better players next season.

My fear is the wages offered to the players out of contract won't sit well with the more competent players in our squad. Some players will get much better offers and a few won't fancy another season in a lower league.
Instead of gearing up for the next campaign like a wounded animal it will be an accountant who will have the biggest say on how we approach it. An accountant with someone looking over his shoulder at that.

Allant1981
14-05-2016, 08:55 AM

We have a young squad as it is and look where that has gotten us, we need experienced players to get us out of this league

lyonhibs
14-05-2016, 09:03 AM
It's such a strange feeling, there's no doubt we have one of the top five squads in the Country, if we were in the Premiership we would be a top six club with a view to being top four but we just can't get out of this cess pit of a Division

What a crock of absolute *****. In my opinion. "No doubt" aye?? If it was a top 5 squad containing top 5 players we'd skoosh through this league like Hearts and Rangers have done and thus actually get to the right league to conclusively prove whether it's a "top five" squad or not.

If I click my heels together thrice I'll get a threesome with some stunning Swedish twins who also own their own brewery. If this and If that.

Hibs - both management and fans - need to stop living in, and dreaming about the hypothetical and using statements like "if we were in the Premiership we would be a top six club" as a comfort blanket.

We're now a Championship club for the 3rd season in a row. This isn't a "Jolly fun adventure" to some "old skool" grounds for a giggle like 98-99 was.

This is now - until the psyche of Hibernian players and management (not just the current incumbents of these roles I hasten to add) toughens the **** up - our level and that is a horrible thing to have to face up to, but face up to it we must or we'll be here, same time next year, going "It's looking like a strong Championship next year you know, Alloa have just signed a great part time janny with a cracking left foot, might be a struggle to get out of this division......................."

Phil MaGlass
14-05-2016, 09:04 AM

Are you saying Falkirk are the fourth then? I also thought that but not anymore, a team full of under achieving, overpaid wasters, we cant even beat Falkirk in a meaningful f, n game, its ridicoulas, Petrie and Stubbs need tae GTF. Another year in this league is not acceptable, is there anyone here who honestly thinks we will be promoted next year, jeeswe cannae beat Falkirk, next year we have united and maybe killie, not looking forward tae that, f, n Hibss

14-05-2016, 09:08 AM
We are finished.

Bollocks, complete and utter bollocks. A low point? yes certainly. But finished? behave yourself.

SJM
14-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Who is to fear next season? The one club to fear for ne is Hibernian.

Yep. I agree. We all knew deep down this **** would happen. We shouldn't again.

The sit back, wait and see what happens approach never **** works. Let the club know how unacceptable it is regardless of next season tickets.

SJM
14-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Any side similar in quality to Falkirk, as they finished higher than us and just put us out of the play-offs.

New season, new manager.

High-On-Hibs
14-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Those who are saying we'll be favourites to go up next season due to the opposition aren't taking into account the fact that we beat ourselves more often than the opposition do.

Falkirk didn't beat us last night. We did.

nairn hibee
14-05-2016, 09:16 AM
If we win the Scottish cup ,that for me will be the best season in my 40 odd years of supporting them.so although gutted .not over yet

chrisski33
14-05-2016, 09:36 AM
How people are so confident i must be missing something. Great club, mutants running it!

folk never learn. dunno how folk can be so confident when weve failed to get promoted again. we are where we are and need to be realisitic. ffs falkirk beat us says it all

Onion
14-05-2016, 09:47 AM
Frankly, if you ever wanted a team to play against in a Cup Final or important game a lot of teams would choose Hibernian. Far, far too soft and accommodating. Even if you're losing, as long as there is 2 mins on the clock, Hibs will present you with gifts and opportunities while squandering gilt edged chances themselves. Soft culture, weak-minded players and management.

Paisley Hibby
14-05-2016, 11:12 AM

Not sure Falkirk are thinking that right now. Nor do Hamilton.

Paisley Hibby
14-05-2016, 11:15 AM
Frankly, if you ever wanted a team to play against in a Cup Final or important game a lot of teams would choose Hibernian. Far, far too soft and accommodating. Even if you're losing, as long as there is 2 mins on the clock, Hibs will present you with gifts and opportunities while squandering gilt edged chances themselves. Soft culture, weak-minded players and management.

Spot on. We need to appoint a cunnntt as a manager and bring in street wise players who want to play for the badge. Forget the cups and get us out of this pizzzy wee league.

cabbageandribs1875
14-05-2016, 11:28 AM
i'm kinda hoping Falkirk now beat Killie

Sir David Gray
14-05-2016, 11:30 AM
i'm kinda hoping Falkirk now beat Killie

I'm not. This town will be unbearable if they get promoted.

It's already bad enough as it is.

'Mon the Killie.

Edson Arantes
14-05-2016, 12:12 PM

:thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
14-05-2016, 12:25 PM
First things first ....... "get players in who will play for the badge" ...... what a crock of ****!!! ......... For all their failings this season exactly which member of this current team has looked like they weren't trying on the park? ..... utter rubbish !!!

Having said that ...... Next season is the one where we simply must win the league, no Huns, no Yams .... no excuses.

I'm hearing a lot of folk saying it will still be tough with Dundee Utd, Raith Rovers, Dunfermline and Falkirk or Killie in the league. In the last 2 seasons the winners had the following negative results ....... Yams drew 4 and lost 3 .... the Huns Drew 6 and lost 5.

The only clubs close to a record like that have been us and Falkirk .... exactly which of the clubs in the Championship next season are going to go all season only dropping 17 or 27 out of 108 possible points?

If Falkirk fail to win the play off final their team is going to be decimated the way Queen of the South were at the end of last season. Dundee Utd will probably have to rebuild and Killie just don't have the resources to improve on a current team I'm convinced we would beat 9 times out of 10. The gulf between the 1st division and the Championship is probably bigger than the gulf between the Championship and Premiership .... I think Dunfermline will be no better than mid table

The only unknown quantity is Hibs ....... what players will we be able to hold on to, what players will we be able to get in and who will be the manager? That IMO will determine what happens next season ..... for me I hope we hold on to Stubbs.

truehibernian
14-05-2016, 12:38 PM

6000 could be 10000 if Hibs do the right and decent thing, evaluate, reprice and refund a little to those already paying way too much - season tickets next year should be £250 max for adults - end of story ! 10 'earners', rest of squad full of exciting youth product from across the UK and home-bred.

Paying the prices we pay is a scandal in this division - sooner we hit reality, play youth, scout better and realise where we are the better ! The youth programme, whilst needing time to bed, needs to kick in next season, again, end of story - if not, 3 seasons in, it's failing Hibernian FC !

Time for the club to manage performance better, hold folk to account, and punt if failing to meet target !

RickyS
14-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Nah. It will be McCall or Coyle.

i would go back for Yogi

Waxy
14-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Hope Killie keep them down. We've a score to settle now.

Ronniekirk
14-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Nope.

But at yet another low point , lower than the last one we were at
We ****ing deserve better
Get it wrong again next season and three years in the Championship becomes four
We really are now at a critical stage
Need to see what Board now do and if they start selling our best players ,restructure to save money etc
The numbers joining HSL wont increase mutch now iether
Just as well we got to 2 cup finals tp part compensate the losses

iwasthere1972
14-05-2016, 04:14 PM
Too much doom and gloom.

jacomo
14-05-2016, 04:17 PM

I would say our issue this season has been a lack of experience. Players like Farid, for example... A journeyman, but also someone who could organise and help us see out games for the right result.

JJP
14-05-2016, 04:21 PM

Another chance to beaten by dross after we've created a million and one chances. Yippee....

Yippee

You do realise Edinburgh also voted no and just elected a Tory?

Hibernia&Alba
14-05-2016, 04:23 PM
Too much doom and gloom.

I'm not in the mood for karaoke or a tap dance, that's for sure.

Yorkshire HFC
14-05-2016, 04:27 PM

i keep reading that on here - how many defeats would t take until you realised this was not true.

We're top six in the championship.

lucky
14-05-2016, 04:30 PM

Yippee

What a stupid insulting post to the people of Scotland. Yes get upset over not getting promoted but to bring the referendum into your pathetic rant is just sad and insulting. But in case you never noticed No won the referendum

ShinyFantastic
14-05-2016, 04:32 PM
What a stupid insulting post to the people of Scotland. Yes get upset over not getting promoted but to bring the referendum into your pathetic rant is just sad and insulting. But in case you never noticed No won the referendum

Indeed no did win :na na:

hhibs
14-05-2016, 08:03 PM

But you will have no chance when the the replay takes place ,and it will,much ,much sooner than YOU would want !

Sammy7nil
14-05-2016, 08:10 PM
But you will have no chance when the the replay takes place ,and it will,much ,much sooner than YOU would want !

HaHa HaHa