madhatter
13-05-2016, 11:34 PM
Oxley.

Gray. McGregor. Fontaine. Stevenson.

Fyvie. Bartley.

Boyle. Carmichael. Winger.

Striker.

Manager: N/A.

for me that equals 4 years in championship. Not enough change in crucial positions.

hibeemikey21
13-05-2016, 11:41 PM
for me that equals 4 years in championship. Not enough change in crucial positions.

Think he just means who we're realistically left with as matters stand. We will, of course, add to/enhance that team

Hibee Mac
13-05-2016, 11:45 PM
For me, a central core of fyvie Bartley and Carmichael just isn't creative/forward thinking enough. Would end up with the same old slow tippy happy sideways football.

Pete
13-05-2016, 11:48 PM
Put Keatings name up there please.

Great finish and movement tonight and will probably blossom with a decent foil next season. (I'm assuming Jase will be away).

Greencore
13-05-2016, 11:54 PM
Goalie

LB. McGregor. CB. RB .

CM. Bartley.

Winger. CM. Winger.

Striker.

Fixed*

SteveHFC
14-05-2016, 12:23 AM
GK

Gunnarson
McGregor
CB
LB

RM
Bartley
CM
LM

Keatings
Str

FromTheCapital
14-05-2016, 12:29 AM
GK - New

RB - Gunnarsson
CB - Forster / new
CB - McGregor (captain)
LB - new

CDM - Bartley
CDM - McGeouch
CAM - McGinn

RW - Boyle
ST - Keatsy
LW - new

Manager: Stubbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodyhfc4892
14-05-2016, 12:41 AM
Sorry but anyone thinking mcgeough will be a starter is living in dream world in afraid! Our best player by a country mile when fit but never fit so can't actually see him being on the books next year!! Hopefully McGinn sticks to his word and stays but other than him I think McGregor will be our main man!! / captain

Greencore
14-05-2016, 12:43 AM
GK - New

RB - Gunnarsson
CB - new
CB - McGregor (captain)
LB - new

CDM - Bartley
CDM - new
CAM - McGinn

RW -new
ST - new
LW - new

Manager: Stubbs

I'd give the younger guys a shot, we have forgotten our roots in a way, bringing through young guys, Shaw, Martin, are welcome would also like to see Insall given a chance ready or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NikGunnarsson
14-05-2016, 12:43 AM
Connor Ripley

Niklas Gunnarsson
Darren McGregor
Jordon Forster

Aaron Doran
Dylan McGeouch
Paul Paton
Danny Carmichael

Scott Allan

Henri Anier
James Keatings

Ripley Allan loan
Gunnarsson bought
Doran Paton Anier free

Cocaine&Caviar
14-05-2016, 12:50 AM
KEEPER***

GRAY
McGREGOR
HANLON
STEVENSON

BOYLE
BARTLEY
McGINN
WINGER***

STRIKER***
STRIKER***

LancsHibs
14-05-2016, 06:48 AM
Gray & Stevenson both need replacing for next season please

bingo70
14-05-2016, 06:52 AM

I think they're OK as full backs but asking them to be full backs and our only source of width is clearly asking too much of them.

Let's get proper wingers, cut back on the centre midfielders and try to win games instead of just having loads of possession.

Keith_M
14-05-2016, 07:45 AM
Keatings?

Nicho87
14-05-2016, 07:47 AM
Mcgregor
Mcgeouch if fit
Keatings
This would be only ones id want to keep being realistic

Colr
14-05-2016, 07:49 AM
Oxley.

Fyvie. Bartley.

Striker.

We need a squad of hard players who will blow the opposition away and force a win. This is more of the same powder puff hibs

Nicho87
14-05-2016, 07:52 AM
4-3-3 next season. Thats the formation for the diet huns an true huns what won it. **** off with your diamond.

AgentDaleCooper
14-05-2016, 07:58 AM
Is hanlon away!? Is it official?

1987kev
14-05-2016, 08:00 AM
New keeper

Gray
McGregor
New CB
New lb

Winger
Bartley
Mcginn
Winger

Keatings
New forward

Big rebuild needed and I don't trust Stubbs to get it right

Diclonius
14-05-2016, 08:04 AM
Oxley - Leave. Does the basics but nothing else.
Gray - Stay, he's our best right back in years and we could do far worse.
Henderson - Will be away back to Celtic.
Hanlon - Please try and get him a new deal.
Fontaine - After this season, not bothered. If he's on too much money, get rid. Otherwise, useful from the bench.
Bartley - Keep. Aside from yesterday, solid, dependable player and one we need for this division.
Fyvie - Too inconsistent. Bench, or out.
El Alagui - There is zero point in us retaining someone who will play a few hours a season.
McGeouch - Assess his injury and make a decision - if we can't rely on him, get rid of his wage and find someone on whom we can.
Stanton - Nope.
Handling - Long past his chance.
Stevenson - I really think we need to be looking for better now. Bench.
Boyle - Useful option to have. Stay on bench.
McGinn - Like Hanlon, we should be doing everything to keep him on.
Keatings - Another season on the bench - perhaps in the first team if he plays like he did yesterday.
Carmichael - Too injury prone. We don't have time for that now.
Forster - What's his situation? Could be a cheaper backup than Fontaine.
McGregor - Our best defender, keep him on.
Logan - Backup keeper. Good but not great.
Gunnarsson - Should be kept to pressure Gray, offers more going forward.
Stokes - Will be away back to Celtic.
Dagnall - Done nothing. Leave.
Thomson - I forgot he was even here. Why is he even here? Leave.
Virtanen - Stay as 3rd choice.
Harris - Like Handling, run out of chances.
Cummings - He will want to leave, and if we get a good offer, that's fine. Too inconsistent and needs to develop elsewhere.

GK

Gray McGregor Hanlon LB

Winger McGinn McGeouch/Bartley Winger

Striker Striker

Best case scenario - we'll hopefully retain McGinn and Hanlon. Need a new goalkeeper. Stevenson - sorry mate, we can do better now. I like Gray and he plays well enough in most games.

The problem here is midfield. We have supremely talented midfield players, but they are all the same - skilful, central midfielders who get a nosebleed if they so much as come near the box. Sorry - we can only have two of them. Henderson will be away back to Celtic and if Fyvie isn't content with being on the bench he can leave. We NEED to spend a good portion of our budget on two proven, skilful, FAST wingers who are NOT AFRAID to run into the box and create chances.

Up front, Cummings will be away, of that I have no doubt. That's fine - he's not who we need right now, and disappears far too often in games. I would be tempted to keep Keatings on for another season, but again he'll be coming off the bench. Again, most of our budget has to go here - on proven strikers at this level who SCORE GOALS REGULARLY - i.e. John Baird. It would also be helpful to have a big battering ram who can unlock stubborn wee team defenses in times of need.

Tyler Durden
14-05-2016, 08:04 AM

He will have several offers and will go. Best for both parties IMO

Ilovehibs
14-05-2016, 08:20 AM
Mcgregor
Mcgeouch if fit
Keatings
This would be only ones id want to keep being realistic

McGinn?

makaveli1875
14-05-2016, 08:28 AM
priority for next season has to be a decent keeper , a proper left back , get shot of fyvie and replacements for cummings , henderson and stokes . and hope to god that mcginn is true to his word

oh and get shot of gray and make mcgregor captain .

SJM
14-05-2016, 08:31 AM
Imagine anyone wanting the same defence 😄😄😄😄😄

SJM
14-05-2016, 08:32 AM
He will have several offers and will go. Best for both parties IMO

He's one of the best centre halves in the country don't you know 😄😄😄😄

Wee boab mccugh, think he's the Gary tank commander guy who was punted from Motherwell and now a Falkirk subby loves him though.

overdrive
14-05-2016, 08:34 AM
I wouldn't be that bothered if we get rid of them all if it didn't give the Club management the usual excuses of 'not enough time to prepare' or 'season of transition' when we as re inevitably off the pace from Dundee Utd and Falkirk/Killie after the first round of fixtures.

calumhibee1
14-05-2016, 08:35 AM
I'd like to keep:

McGregor
Hanlon*
Gunnarson
Mcgeough
Mcginn*
Henderson*
Bartley
Cummings*
Keatings

The ones with the Stars beside there name as much as I'd like to keep them I fully expect them not to be here next season. The rest of them I'd be happy to see the back of.

Pretty Boy
14-05-2016, 08:37 AM
If we are going to insist on using full backs as attacking width then we need to replace Gray and Stevenson. Both are decent defenders but the marauding attacking wide role isn't their game at all. Personally I'd prefer us to bring in some actual, proper wide players. Either as width in a straight 442 or to play either side of a striker in the 433/451 hybrid a lot of teams play now.

hibee_girl
14-05-2016, 08:38 AM

Not if we let them just be defenders, relying on them for our attacking play is just not going to work

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
14-05-2016, 08:39 AM
I think they're OK as full backs but asking them to be full backs and our only source of width is clearly asking too much of them.

Let's get proper wingers, cut back on the centre midfielders and try to win games instead of just having loads of possession.

Couldnt agree more, we ask too much of them

Allant1981
14-05-2016, 08:39 AM
New GK
New RB
Mcgregor
New CH
New LB
Boyle
Fyvie
Mcginn
Mcgeouch
New LB
Keatings
New CF

SJM
14-05-2016, 08:40 AM
Not if we let them just be defenders, relying on them for our attacking play is just not going to work

Stevenson is ***** in defence. Time to let him go.

overdrive
14-05-2016, 08:42 AM
If we are going to insist on using full backs as attacking width then we need to replace Gray and Stevenson. Both are decent defenders but the marauding attacking wide role isn't their game at all. Personally I'd prefer us to bring in some actual, proper wide players. Either as width in a straight 442 or to play either side of a striker in the 433/451 hybrid a lot of teams play now.

Will never happen under the current management.

GreenCastle
14-05-2016, 08:43 AM
Cummings has scored the majority of our goals the last 2 seasons.

Remember when LG left we couldn't score and we struggled.

We do seriously need some speed / width / some players who can head the ball in final 3rd / goal scoring midfielder or players who can score a few rather than hoping the front players do the job every week.

I really hope we keep McGinn and Cummings as going to be hard to replace.

mmmmhibby
14-05-2016, 10:02 AM

In this pub league we need to play with confident, fast, attacking wingers.....whats the point of these 2 playing for hibs in this league....they offer nothing. Hertz did it, the huns did it....al say it again, in this pish poor league we should play 3-4-3. No need for defensive full backs......get shot of both please.

number9dream
14-05-2016, 10:07 AM
I think we can forget about guys like Ryan Dow and Paul McGinn now and our budget will surely be reduced with no parachute money at all (£500,000 first season, £250,000 last time). Season ticket sales and HSL payments are going to stall after this latest hammer blow.
The cup runs will make up some of the shortfall and we should get a decent fee for Cummings. There might be clubs sniffing about McGinn too, although McGeouch's injuries might put others off. No way we'd get a fee for anyone else. It's not going to be easy getting rid of those under performers who are still under contract because they won't get anything better elsewhere.
Still, it will be between us and Dundee Utd in terms of the biggest budget but I can't really consider thinking about next season too much without sinking into a fog of depression...

J-C
14-05-2016, 10:23 AM
New Keeper

Gunnarsson ( or McGinn's brother from Dundee if rumours are true )
McGregor
New CH
Stevenson

New holding mid
McGinn

Boyle
New playmaking attacking mid
New winger/Attacking mid

New striker ( go for Billy McKay )

Let the fullbacks defend and make the back 4 a solid unit and have pace up top with wingers and fast attacking midfielders.

Steve-O
14-05-2016, 10:27 AM
Get rid of the following for starters:

Oxley
Stevenson
Hanlon
Fyvie
Stokes
Farid

HappyHanlon
14-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Oxley - Punt
Gray - Punt
Henderson - Keep, sadly no chance
Hanlon - Keep
Fontaine - Punt
Bartley - Keep
Fyvie - Punt
Farid - Punt
McGeouch - Keep
Stanton - Keep
Handling - Punt
Stevenson - Keep
Boyle - Keep
McGinn - Keep
Keatings - Keep
Carmichael - Punt
McGregor - Keep and give armband
Logan - Keep
Gunnarsson - Keep (Priority signing!)
Dagnall - Punt back to Keralta Blasters
Stokes - Away back to Celtic
Thomson - Hang up the boots and coach
Virtanen - Keep
Harris - Keep, seems to have done well at QotS.
Cummings - Keep but a bid over 750K should bite hand off.

Nicho87
14-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Punt.
Carmichael
Stevenson
Oxley
El alagui
Harris
Stanton
Forster
Fontaine
Fyvie

supermcginn
14-05-2016, 10:46 AM
Oxley - Punt
Gray - Punt
Hanlon - Keep
Fontaine - Punt
Bartley - Keep
Fyvie - Punt
Farid - Punt
McGeouch - Keep
Stanton - Keep
Handling - Punt
Stevenson - Keep
Boyle - Keep
McGinn - Keep
Keatings - Keep
Carmichael - Punt
Logan - Keep
Virtanen - Keep
Stanton and harris surely not 😰

HappyHanlon
14-05-2016, 10:48 AM
Stanton and harris surely not 😰

For me Stanton's had a raw deal. In the season we got relegated he basically carried us for the final 7 or 8 games. Deserves another crack at the whip.

Harris, he's had a good loan spell at Queens from what i've read.

Personally give them to January window.

J-C
14-05-2016, 10:49 AM
Stanton and harris surely not 

Both got good game time and seemingly did quite well, Stanton scored a few goals in an average/poor Livi team, no harm in any new manager having a look at them.

Allant1981
14-05-2016, 12:15 PM
Get rid of the following for starters:

Oxley
Stevenson
Hanlon
Fyvie
Stokes
Farid

Id keep fyvie, he has his off games as most players do but personally think he is a good player, agree with the rest though

hibee1875
14-05-2016, 12:17 PM
I'd like to see Forster, Martin, Stanton and Insall given a chance.

Handling and Harris can leave. A new LB is a must. If not a starter at least a descent cover for Lewis to keep him on his toes

Onion
14-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Oxley.

Fyvie. Bartley.

Striker.

Far too lightweight. We need some hammer throwers in there giving some serious statements of intent that Hibernian will no longer be pissed on by anyone.
And we need a captain who'll stick up for the team, take no prisoners, and drive others on.

Onion
14-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Oxley - Punt
Gray - Punt
Hanlon - Keep
Fontaine - Punt
Bartley - Keep
Fyvie - Punt
Farid - Punt
McGeouch - Keep
Stanton - Keep
Handling - Punt
Stevenson - Keep
Boyle - Keep
McGinn - Keep
Keatings - Keep
Carmichael - Punt
Logan - Keep
Virtanen - Keep

But all the above will be good enough and motivated to win us the Cup next Sat ?

BSEJVT
14-05-2016, 12:34 PM
Quite why anyone would want to keep any of a defence that continuously loses soft cheap goals escapes me.

Collectively and individually there is not one of them I would keep.

We need and have done for donkeys years a defence that is nasty and mean as ****.

A defence's first role is to defend, this pish of having the full backs provide width whilst leaving the centre half's continuously exposed is awful.

The reason we lose cheap late goals and don't score late goals is because the full backs and to a lesser extent the centre half's are absolutely ****ed after the shifts they are asked to put in and cant react quickly enough either physically or mentally to do their jobs at the end of games.

cabbageandribs1875
14-05-2016, 12:37 PM
Punt.
Carmichael
Stevenson
Oxley
El alagui
Harris
Stanton
Forster
Fontaine
Fyvie

agree with this list, apart from fyvie, his passing has been a disgrace the last few games but i do like his urgency

TheFamous1875
14-05-2016, 12:38 PM

Think he just means who we're realistically left with as matters stand. We will, of course, add to/enhance that team

:aok:

For me, a central core of fyvie Bartley and Carmichael just isn't creative/forward thinking enough. Would end up with the same old slow tippy happy sideways football.

We need a squad of hard players who will blow the opposition away and force a win. This is more of the same powder puff hibs

Praying he stays.

Imagine anyone wanting the same defence 

Far too lightweight. We need some hammer throwers in there giving some serious statements of intent that Hibernian will no longer be pissed on by anyone.
And we need a captain who'll stick up for the team, take no prisoners, and drive others on.

One thing I didn't think was possible, was that anyone could've thought I was advocating that XI :confused: I was trying to highlight just how ****ed it is, and what we could be looking at in terms of who's under contract and who is not. We need the recruitment of wingers, fast players and strong players. That's it.

Nemo
14-05-2016, 12:55 PM

Thats it right there!!

More aggression, more man strength, more "absolutely will not ******ing lose under any circumstances" mentality

at the expense of the more creative, powderpuff, "lets play attractive tippy tappy pass the ball round them approach"

My 2 cents is we just keep going, keep stubbs, try and keep (persuade) our better players

and just keep going!! as we have been, of course with a few tweaks in personnel here and there, adding more grit & determined type of players

The thought of going through the new manager thing depresses me

Stubbs is no far away IMO

i think he'll have learnt so much to take into the new campaign

anyhoo thats just my thoughts

biotech
14-05-2016, 01:16 PM
Need a couple of"hammer throwers" to toughen up the midfield and big target man upfront. In short, more muscle and some real aggression required.

Onion
14-05-2016, 01:19 PM
Thats it right there!!

More aggression, more man strength, more "absolutely will not ******ing lose under any circumstances" mentality

at the expense of the more creative, powderpuff, "lets play attractive tippy tappy pass the ball round them approach"

My 2 cents is we just keep going, keep stubbs, try and keep (persuade) our better players

and just keep going!! as we have been, of course with a few tweaks in personnel here and there, adding more grit & determined type of players

The thought of going through the new manager thing depresses me

Stubbs is no far away IMO

i think he'll have learnt so much to take into the new campaign

anyhoo thats just my thoughts

If you were Stubbs and had other opportunities, why would you stick around Easter Road ? He'll be given zero slack by Hibs fans who will be on his case if we don't get off to the perfect start and he jeapordises any remaining credibility he has for a bigger job. Nope, if I was Stubbs, I'd be offski. Unless, we win the Cup in which case he might choose to give it another try.

staunchhibby
14-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Sam is back training with Hibs.

The Leith Dutch
14-05-2016, 01:33 PM
Here's the thing - I think the squad is a bit of a red herring.

The players we have now should have comfortably got us promoted (pushed the rangers all the way, comfortably no worse than 2nd and strolled the play offs).

I don't think we're likely to replace them with better players and I don't think the teams - like Falkirk - who we have allowed to screw up our season have better players. Look at it another way - do you think we'd have the same record as Falkirk if we'd just bought their team at the start of the season?

This is about other things like bottle, spirit, consistency, big match mentality, the right tactics and taking your chances and in every one of these we've been found lacking in at some point or another this season.

The only thing you could really complain about with the squad is that Stevenson and Gray are not great choices to base an attacking wing back system on.
But then why play that if you haven't got the right players there?

I'm not saying it's simple - I get that it's not. But if you have a bigger budget and better players than everyone else then then the answer lies elsewhere.

trev the hat
14-05-2016, 01:53 PM
GK

RB - Gunnarsson
CB - McGregor
CB
LB

RM - Boyle
CM - Bartley
CM - McGinn J
LM

RF - Keatings
LF - Insall

Manager - McCall

A straight 4-4-2 bringing in a left sided midfielder with pace to balance the midfield

A lot of work over the summer for any manager coming in as our current squad has far too many not good enough, on loan or out of contract.
Cummings to be sold to raise some cash to help rebuilding.

Oxley - release
Logan - end of contract
Hanlon - end of contract
Forster - end of contract
Stevenson - release
Gray - release
Fyvie - release
Carmichael - release
Fontaine - release
Stokes - loan ends
Henderson - loan ends
Harris - release
Stanton - release
Dagnall - end of contract
Handling - release
Kevin Thomson - release
Farid El Alagui - release
Scott Martin - keep

1987kev
14-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Get straight on the phone to Celtic and get Scott Allan asap.

Liam978
14-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Think its pie in the sky really, what we need is a passionate support like our **** neighbours, sorry but under 10,000 for a massive game for us last Tuesday doesn't ogur well for the future GGTTH.

hibee1875
14-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Think its pie in the sky really, what we need is a passionate support like our **** neighbours, sorry but under 10,000 for a massive game for us last Tuesday doesn't ogur well for the future GGTTH.

If we have a good campaign where we're winning by at least 2 goals most weeks will we see that?

gaz1875
14-05-2016, 04:07 PM
Funny thing is, the 2 players we punted to Partick Thistle Sean Welsh and Callum Booth are 2 players with the style we have probably been looking for. Attacking midfield and attacking left back. I remember watching a couple of Partick games last season with Sean Welsh controlling the midfield spraying the passes and shooting from distance, Callum Booth was hit or miss with us better going forward than defending, both obviously playing at a higher level now than us.

hibee1875
14-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Funny thing is, the 2 players we punted to Partick Thistle Sean Welsh and Callum Booth are 2 players with the style we have probably been looking for. Attacking midfield and attacking left back. I remember watching a couple of Partick games last season with Sean Welsh controlling the midfield spraying the passes and shooting from distance, Callum Booth was hit or miss with us better going forward than defending, both obviously playing at a higher level now than us.

Sean Welsh is lucky if he can play 15 games a season.

gaz1875
14-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Sean Welsh is lucky if he can play 15 games a season.

Why is that injury?

One Day Soon
14-05-2016, 04:15 PM
My player priorities would be:

A manager who knows how to get out of the Championship - everything else is irrelevant.

A Captain who looks, talks and tackles like a leader on the park.

A keeper who makes saves and comes for crosses.

At least one wide player with pace.

A bear in central mid who stops everything.

My training priorities would be:

Change of training regime to reduce injuries

Learn to defend set pieces

Learn how to take throw-ins quickly and to advantage

Learn how to press the opposition all over the park and understand the importance of playing without the ball before playing with the ball.

My club priorities would be:

Minimise any and all media statements

Come down like a ton of bricks publicly on every single refereeing mistake.

Assess East Mains and either decide it is working or make it work (particularly for youth development) or get rid of it.

Get clever fast about throwing the doors open to try and bring in future fans now because otherwise we are on a slow bleed out.

hibee1875
14-05-2016, 04:15 PM
Why is that injury?

Yea seems plagued by them. Battles back only to break down again. Was their captain for a while but couldn't really fulfill it with his injuries. Don't know if he's played much this year but I'm sure I read he only played 3 last year

gaz1875
14-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Yea seems plagued by them. Battles back only to break down again. Was their captain for a while but couldn't really fulfill it with his injuries. Don't know if he's played much this year but I'm sure I read he only played 3 last year

What a shame, looks promising maybe something similar to McGeouch.

Joe Baker2
14-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Leann has to deal with Stubbs swiftly and I mean after the final whistle at the cup final. We need a new manager in place quickly to deal with the transfer window.

I'd take £300k for Cummings. He'll go south and spend the rest of his career polishing a bench with his ar$e. I wish him all the best.

Aldo
14-05-2016, 04:20 PM
My player priorities would be: A manager who knows how to get out of the Championship - everything else is irrelevant. A Captain who looks, talks and tackles like a leader on the park. A keeper who makes saves and comes for crosses. At least one wide player with pace. A bear in central mid who stops everything. My training priorities would be: Change of training regime to reduce injuries Learn to defend set pieces Learn how to take throw-ins quickly and to advantage Learn how to press the opposition all over the park and understand the importance of playing without the ball before playing with the ball. My club priorities would be: Minimise any and all media statements Come down like a ton of bricks publicly on every single refereeing mistake. Assess East Mains and either decide it is working or make it work (particularly for youth development) or get rid of it. Get clever fast about throwing the doors open to try and bring in future fans now because otherwise we are on a slow bleed out.

I'd like to add a 6ft 2 plus Centre Forward who will not be bullied and will give us a totally different option up top!

hibee1875
14-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Hibs transfer news on Twitter reporting the deal we've offered Hanlons not very good and he now wants away. Not sure who runs it but the account has been petty spot on in the past

Joe Baker2
14-05-2016, 04:25 PM
Hibs transfer news on Twitter reporting the deal we've offered Hanlons not very good and he now wants away. Not sure who runs it but the account has been petty spot on in the past

He wants to play football in the USA I'm told. Fine, no point in keeping him if his heart is not in it here. We need heart and soul players - those willing to live and die for the club.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-05-2016, 04:26 PM

Heard this also, probably is true. I imagine it will be the same for most out of contract players we have made offers to.

Allant1981
14-05-2016, 04:26 PM

Hanlon is a decent enough player but also a part of the reason we are still in this crappy league, we got mcgregor in who is just as good for nothing so there are decent enough players out there to replace him

scoopyboy
14-05-2016, 04:36 PM
He wants to play football in the USA I'm told. Fine, no point in keeping him if his heart is not in it here. We need heart and soul players - those willing to live and die for the club.

His heart and soul is 100% Hibs, he will be hurting as much as any other Hibs fan.

He may well move on, if we went up I think his offer would have went up and he would have stayed.

He won't be short of offers.

I will be disappointed to see him move on but maybe it is best for all parties if it was to happen

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-05-2016, 04:43 PM
His heart and soul is 100% Hibs, he will be hurting as much as any other Hibs fan.

He may well move on, if we went up I think his offer would have went up and he would have stayed.

He won't be short of offers.

I will be disappointed to see him move on but maybe it is best for all parties if it was to happen

Do you think it's inevitable that he will go or is there still slight hope that he might stay?

OsloHibs
14-05-2016, 04:46 PM
I reckon a few will leave. It'll be sad to see this team break up as this season I've watched some fantastic football and been "walking on water" for days after some games, BUT they weren't good enough together in this league and hopefully they'll leave us being cup winners.
Now that will be fine with me.

SherbetFountain
14-05-2016, 04:51 PM
Hibs need a new manager, Stubbs has had his crack and spent a fortune on wages! A new boss needs to pick up players who are free and won't command large wages - it's going to be a huge challenge!

However, if the club recruit the right man then it won't be hugely difficult to do better than Stubbs has in the league over two years! 2nd and 3rd finishes and in reality, no where near getting promoted - it's not even close to be good enough!

biffo1875
14-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Goalie

LB. McGregor. CB. RB .

CM. Bartley.

Winger. CM. Winger.

Striker.

Fixed*

yep
:flag:

IberianHibernian
14-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Hibs need a new manager, Stubbs has had his crack and spent a fortune on wages! A new boss needs to pick up players who are free and won't command large wages - it's going to be a huge challenge!

However, if the club recruit the right man then it won't be hugely difficult to do better than Stubbs has in the league over two years! 2nd and 3rd finishes and in reality, no where near getting promoted - it's not even close to be good enough!Nowhere near ? Hit the bar at 2v2 with seconds remaining then lose . Would have been favourites against Killie . Very fine line between success and failure .

scoopyboy
14-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Nowhere near ? Hit the bar at 2v2 with seconds remaining then lose . Would have been favourites against Killie . Very fine line between success and failure .

I agree but fine lines are part and parcel of play offs. Far better to win the League, nothing like stating the obvious eh :greengrin

scoopyboy
14-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Do you think it's inevitable that he will go or is there still slight hope that he might stay?

I wouldn't bet on him being at Hibs next season.

Aldo
14-05-2016, 05:09 PM

What a crock. Sorry but they guy is Hibs through and through. It'll please plenty of folk that he wants to leave.

I for one will be saddened by him leaving.

Your last sentence is what he's done since he signed up for the club!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-05-2016, 06:44 PM
With the players we have at our disposal (asuming Cummings away)

Oxley

Gray
McGregor
Fontaine
Stevenson

McGeouch
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
Keatings
Carmichael

Subs:

Virtanen
Harris
Stanton
Insall
Fyvie
Martin
Handling

Eyrie
14-05-2016, 07:00 PM
For 2016/17 I'd go with

Keeper - NEW, Virtanen. Logan's out of contract and I'd let Oxley find a new club.

Right back - Gray, sign Gunnarson
Left back - NEW, Stevenson (genuine competition here will help)
Centre half - Hanlon (new deal), McGregor, Fontaine. Gunnarson provides cover.

Midfield - NEW, McGeoch, Fyvie, Bartley, Martin. Henderson will go south on loan or permanently and it's too late for Stanton and Handling so they can find new clubs.

Wide players - NEW, NEW, Boyle, Carmichael. This will mean we're not waiting for the full backs to arrive but can play at a good pace. Harris can go.

Strikers - NEW, NEW, Keatings, Insall, Shaw. Cummings should be sold if he doesn't sign an extension (and why should he given that we're not in the top league?)

So I want a new keeper, left back, midfielder, two wide players and two forwards (both target men) and new deals for Gunnarson and Hanlon. We're not in a position to pay anyone off so four players will be asked to find new clubs.

Newry Hibs
14-05-2016, 07:18 PM
I see Ryan McGivern has been released by Port Vale. I wonder if he could do ..... nah, maybe not.

jacomo
14-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Nowhere near ? Hit the bar at 2v2 with seconds remaining then lose . Would have been favourites against Killie . Very fine line between success and failure .

So true.

That shot from Jason goes in and we win.

I'd have backed us against Killie pie.

ballengeich
For 2016/17 I'd go with

Keeper - NEW, Virtanen. Logan's out of contract and I'd let Oxley find a new club.

Right back - Gray, sign Gunnarson
Left back - NEW, Stevenson (genuine competition here will help)
Centre half - Hanlon (new deal), McGregor, Fontaine. Gunnarson provides cover.

Midfield - NEW, McGeoch, Fyvie, Bartley, Martin. Henderson will go south on loan or permanently and it's too late for Stanton and Handling so they can find new clubs.

Wide players - NEW, NEW, Boyle, Carmichael. This will mean we're not waiting for the full backs to arrive but can play at a good pace. Harris can go.

Strikers - NEW, NEW, Keatings, Insall, Shaw. Cummings should be sold if he doesn't sign an extension (and why should he given that we're not in the top league?)

So I want a new keeper, left back, midfielder, two wide players and two forwards (both target men) and new deals for Gunnarson and Hanlon. We're not in a position to pay anyone off so four players will be asked to find new clubs.

Is McGinn one of those who'll be asked to find new clubs?

hibee1875
Would anyone take John Rankin back? Leaving Utd, don't know where he's going.

Maybe I was too young at the time to remember but I thought he was good here. Has been good for Utd any time I've seen them too

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Would anyone take John Rankin back? Leaving Utd, don't know where he's going.

Maybe I was too young at the time to remember but I thought he was good here. Has been good for Utd any time I've seen them too

Nah no chance. We want to go forwards, not backwards mate. John Rankin is gash!

ben johnson
14-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Heard this also, probably is true. I imagine it will be the same for most out of contract players we have made offers to.

Heard it about a week ago. Hanlon offered two deals. Going up and staying put deals. Sadly we all know where we are now. I would be delighted if we came out and had a wee punt on doing well and increasing the home attendance that success would bring next campaign. Invest or cut back ? I think we all know the answer to that.

DaveF
14-05-2016, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't bet on him being at Hibs next season.

He's a decent footballing CH but the way teams have been scoring against us this season then sadly, he's part of the problem. I suspect both him and us will be better off heading in different directions at this point in time.

Smartie
14-05-2016, 08:00 PM
I like Hanlon but he's at the heart of a defence that cannot cope with long throws, Lee Miller and Bob McF******hugh.

Not wanting to pin in all on him but tough decisions will need to be made as to how we stop leaking the appalling goals we've lost lately.

Not sure it would be a bad thing for this particular decision to be taken out of Stubbs' hands as he would undoubtedly dither and stick with a formula that has been proven to be unsuccessful.

SherbetFountain
14-05-2016, 08:04 PM

Firstly, each of the last two years Hibs have failed to reach the final play off game. I would say that points towards being some distance from going up!

Secondly, why would Hibs be favourites to beat Killie, they stumbled past Raith and failed to beat Falkirk in two games!! Kilmarnock's form has been inconsistent, some decent results in there too!

Agree, there is a fine line between success and failure and it's evident in all sports particularly at the higher end! Hibs always seem to be on the side of failure though, surely something should be implemented to change that!

JOD
14-05-2016, 08:21 PM
F--k Sake can we just support our team next week instead of all this pish

Time enough to worry about next season.

Get behind your team.

SherbetFountain
14-05-2016, 08:23 PM
F--k Sake can we just support our team next week instead of all this pish

Time enough to worry about next season.

Get behind your team.

I thought this was a forum??

AlbertK86
14-05-2016, 08:36 PM
To me it depends on two things who stays or goes.

Stubbs staying or going

Whether we win the cup next week

If Stubbs stays I reckon the majority will want to stay as everybody seems to like working for him

If we win the cup there is the massive feel good factor and Europa league .... Albeit likely only to be one tie !!

IF Stubbs stays and we win the cup I reckon only Cummings will definitely be angling for a move.

Again if Stubbs stays hopefully he realises the need for width and pace and a big target man as we have taken to far too many high balls to the midget strikers !!

We always look far more secure with 3 at the back especially when Hanlon sweeps.

He will shuffle the pack and I reckon the following will be gone

Oxley
Logan
Forster- I'd like to keep him
Gunnarson - only cause I feel he may demand a regular spot and can't see Stubbs playing him ahead of his captai
Stanton
Harris
Handling
Carmichael
Farid
Dagnall
Stokes

Henderson - would love to keep him

I'd be happy to let Stevenson go as well but reckon he will be retained

My starting 11 if possible would be

New GK

McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine

Bartley

New fast skilful RW
McGeouch - hopefully op sorts him once and for all as if fit he makes the team tick
McGinn
New fast skilful LW

New big striker who can hold it up
Keatings

Eyrie
14-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Is McGinn one of those who'll be asked to find new clubs?

I had a vague feeling I'd missed someone :brickwall

McGinn is someone I want to keep so, unless we get a seven figure offer for him, we won't need a new midfielder.