PDA

View Full Version : Players to sign to get us out this league

Unseen work
13-05-2016, 11:15 PM
We need a whole new look and balance next season to get us out this league.

Based on players in the spl/sfl over the past year these are the players I think we could realistically get that would get us out the league.

Some of them we would normally turn our nose up to, but we need guys like the ones mentioned below.

You rarely see falkirk or raith sign flashy players

Goalkeepers:
Conor ripley
Danny rodgers

Defenders:
Luke leahy
Darnell fisher
Shaun hutchison
Kyle Knoyle
Coll donaldson
Rory mckeown

Midfielders:
Barry robson
Will vaulks
Nicky law
Paul paton
Blair spittal
Craig slater
Aaron doran

Strikers:
Henri arnier
Jordan white
Marc mcnulty
El bahktoui
Miles storey
David goodwillie
Josh magennis
Lewis vaughan
Simon murray

Stokesy's on fire
13-05-2016, 11:16 PM
We need to sign solid proven players

TheFamous1875
13-05-2016, 11:17 PM
We need to sign solid proven players

Proven in this league, yes. Think 1998/99.

HappyHanlon
13-05-2016, 11:18 PM
We need a no nonsense player in the heart of the team. None of the players you mention meet that criteria

Unseen work
13-05-2016, 11:20 PM
We need a no nonsense player in the heart of the team. None of the players you mention meet that criteria

Vaulks, robson and paton all meet that criteria imo

Sammy7nil
13-05-2016, 11:21 PM
Rooney Ronaldo Messi Inesta Terry Peta Chec Jamie Vardy Cahill by we may make the playoffs

SeanWilson
13-05-2016, 11:22 PM

Based on players in the spl/sfl over the past year these are the players I think we could realistically get that would get us out the league.

Some of them we would normally turn our nose up to, but we need guys like the ones mentioned below.

Goalkeepers:
Conor ripley
Danny rodgers

Defenders:
Luke leahy
Darnell fisher
Shaun hutchison
Kyle Knoyle
Coll donaldson
Rory mckeown

Midfielders:
Barry robson
Will vaulks
Nicky law
Paul paton
Blair spittal
Craig slater
Aaron doran

Strikers:
Henri arnier
Jordan white
Marc mcnulty
El bahktoui
Miles storey
David goodwillie
Josh magennis
Lewis vaughan
Simon murray

Lol!!! We're in the championship fo another year! Some of these names are pie in the sky. We'll lose some of our 'big names' and attract no one.

Billychaotic182
13-05-2016, 11:22 PM
Ziggy Gordon would be on my list

Unseen work
13-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Lol!!! We're in the championship fo another year! Some of these names are pie in the sky. We'll lose some of our 'big names' and attract no one.

I think the vast majority on the list are achievable.

Some are out of contract.

We are still a big club, good facilities and in Edinburgh.

That in itself is enough for players to choose us over other Scottish teams

TheFamous1875
13-05-2016, 11:26 PM

Gary Deegan? Jim Goodwin?

Hibee Mac
13-05-2016, 11:26 PM
I agree re Anier. Think it was a massive mistake letting him go in January and feel like he slotted in well to the "Farid" role. He was crucial in two of our last minute goals around that time.

HTD1875
13-05-2016, 11:27 PM

Goalkeepers:
Conor ripley
Danny rodgers

Defenders:
Luke leahy
Darnell fisher
Shaun hutchison
Kyle Knoyle
Coll donaldson
Rory mckeown

Midfielders:
Barry robson
Will vaulks
Nicky law
Paul paton
Blair spittal
Craig slater
Aaron doran

Strikers:
Henri arnier
Jordan white
Marc mcnulty
El bahktoui
Miles storey
David goodwillie
Josh magennis
Lewis vaughan
Simon murray

Understand that idea but those Dundee United players are absolutely woeful, especially Donaldson who is a yam fud aswell as a poor football player. Robson is passed it and has been torn a new one for his performances this year in Aberdeen.

Doolan and lawless from partick, Gordon and Crawford from Hamilton and Irvine from Ross county would be better options if we can stretch to that.

I would look down south and try find players who have done it in the spl but no quite made the grade in England. Scougall, King, Higdon, Shinnie? Any more?

Rangers have worked this market well with Waghorn and Tavernier especially, the two boys they have just signed from Accrington for free look good players too.

Need a left back and a strong striker that can hold the ball up and take pressure of the defence as a priority.

HappyHanlon
13-05-2016, 11:28 PM
Vaulks, robson and paton all meet that criteria imo

Vaulks = no chance, he's heading for downsouth
Robson = past it
Paton = European fitba with St Johnstone who he's linked with.

SteveHFC
13-05-2016, 11:28 PM
An experienced centre mid would be ideal.

SunshineOnLeith
13-05-2016, 11:31 PM
Zlatan.

SeanWilson
13-05-2016, 11:31 PM
I think the vast majority on the list are achievable.

Some are out of contract.

We are still a big club, good facilities and in Edinburgh.

That in itself is enough for players to choose us over other Scottish teams

Hope you're right bud, I really do.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-05-2016, 11:34 PM

Bartley does.

JC94
14-05-2016, 12:10 AM
Vaulks = no chance, he's heading for downsouth
Robson = past it
Paton = European fitba with St Johnstone who he's linked with.

St Johnstone haven't got European football.

JC94
14-05-2016, 12:13 AM

Goalkeepers:
Conor ripley
Danny rodgers

Defenders:
Luke leahy
Darnell fisher
Shaun hutchison
Kyle Knoyle
Coll donaldson
Rory mckeown

Midfielders:
Barry robson
Will vaulks
Nicky law
Paul paton
Blair spittal
Craig slater
Aaron doran

Strikers:
Henri arnier
Jordan white
Marc mcnulty
El bahktoui
Miles storey
David goodwillie
Josh magennis
Lewis vaughan
Simon murray

Id say everyone that i have put as bold are unrealistic targets, may that be because they are playing regularly at a better level of football or they would command too much money for their wages or transfer fees.

truehibernian
14-05-2016, 12:17 AM
An experienced centre mid would be ideal.

How about a centre forward who scores bags of goals and links well with a similarly high scoring striker ? Doesn't get injured breaking a nail, doesn't have 'dodgy knees on Astro' ?

How about Hibs doing 'proper homework' on players ?

I'm 46 and played football twice a week on Astro and never been injured - maybe we need a manager who sees through all the Lilian Gish players come out with about being injured ?

It's an easy profession to pick up a wage and do nowt - think we should look at contracts personally (next season)

The Harp Awakes
14-05-2016, 12:38 AM
Zlatan.

Give him a couple of games at ER and we'd be slagging him off for being a lazy bassa.

SteveHFC
14-05-2016, 01:00 AM
How about a centre forward who scores bags of goals and links well with a similarly high scoring striker ? Doesn't get injured breaking a nail, doesn't have 'dodgy knees on Astro' ?

How about Hibs doing 'proper homework' on players ?

I'm 46 and played football twice a week on Astro and never been injured - maybe we need a manager who sees through all the Lilian Gish players come out with about being injured ?

It's an easy profession to pick up a wage and do nowt - think we should look at contracts personally (next season)

Someone in the Mixu role upfront with Keatings.

Stokesy's on fire
14-05-2016, 01:10 AM
Rooney Ronaldo Messi Inesta Terry Peta Chec Jamie Vardy Cahill by we may make the playoffs

You could put those players in hibs kits and we could still blow it

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 01:17 AM
We needed a Pat Mcginlay type midfielder.

Stokesy's on fire
14-05-2016, 01:42 AM
We needed a Pat Mcginlay type midfielder.

We need a Latapy or a zemamma

My_Wife_Camille
14-05-2016, 02:49 AM
Goalkeeper - Literally anybody apart from who is here

Defence - A gang of huddies to kick, foul and handball at every opportunity

Centre Mid - Two big huddies to break up play, give away fouls and play it sideways

Wide midfield - two runners with limited ability but plenty speed and Ability to cut inside without coming to a complete halt

Forwards - two big huddies to kick, foul and handball at every opportunity. Maybe get the odd goal here and there too

JohnM1875
14-05-2016, 02:51 AM
Do people genuinley think the squad we have isn't good enough to get out of the Scottish Championship?! I think our squad, and particularly the depth is as good as we've had in a decade. It's the poor tactics that's kept us down here. We have a ****ing Scotland cap in our squad!

Septimus
14-05-2016, 04:22 AM
Goalkeeper - Literally anybody apart from who is here

Defence - A gang of huddies to kick, foul and handball at every opportunity

Centre Mid - Two big huddies to break up play, give away fouls and play it sideways

Wide midfield - two runners with limited ability but plenty speed and Ability to cut inside without coming to a complete halt

Forwards - two big huddies to kick, foul and handball at every opportunity. Maybe get the odd goal here and there too

It is surely clear now that what is required to get out of this league is size plus physical strength and fitness.

H18 SFR
14-05-2016, 04:43 AM
Do people genuinley think the squad we have isn't good enough to get out of the Scottish Championship?! I think our squad, and particularly the depth is as good as we've had in a decade. It's the poor tactics that's kept us down here. We have a ****ing Scotland cap in our squad!

Very good point, we've also had a number of under 21 caps which highlights the quality of our younger players. Throw in the fact that we also had a striker at the African Nations (who we allowed to leave despite being under contract).

Unseen work
14-05-2016, 05:04 AM
Id say everyone that i have put as bold are unrealistic targets, may that be because they are playing regularly at a better level of football or they would command too much money for their wages or transfer fees.

I would say with some you are right.

Ripley, rodgers and storey would be loan deals, can't see them staying or starting at there parent club and they will want game time. Our facilities and size of club could tempt them.

Robson Will probably end up at Highland league, if we wanted him I think we could get him no problem.

Goodwillie is out of contract and hasn't produced the goods for a while now so wouldn't command alot of money at all.

I can't see magennis costing much money whatsoever

Smartie
14-05-2016, 05:10 AM
If Falkirk don't go up we could do our promotion chances no harm by signing Bob McHugh and just sending him away to a prison cell in Siberia or the like.

jakeshibs
14-05-2016, 06:05 AM

we don't! have a good enough squad as that has just been proven as we finished 3rd in this poor league.

We have proven we have a squad able to compete with premiership teams but its not good enough to get us out of the Scottish championship....