PDA

View Full Version : Message to new manager (Stubbs clearly was gone before this)

madhatter
13-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Build a strong team that wipes the floor with p*** poor teams. Forget signing players based on history, loyalty or name. Get players for a team. Winning team is what we need. This has been Stubbs biggest failing, seems to have signed players and then thought of how they fit into a team - no width, no pace, no plan B, no subs to affect games (like for like options).

Hibee Mac
13-05-2016, 11:10 PM
Build a strong team that wipes the floor with p*** poor teams. Forget signing players based on history, loyalty or name. Get players for a team. Winning team is what we need. This has been Stubbs biggest failing, seems to have signed players and then thought of how they fit into a team - no width, no pace, no plan B, no subs to affect games (like for like options).

Fully agree

truehibernian
13-05-2016, 11:26 PM
Less glossy videos, more cash on football - can easy engage without all the glossy spin - hasn't worked anyway - winning cups and leagues works.

Oh and ban social media and things like 'Stokes making a difference' before a game - whoever does marketing (and I know) is utterly utterly devoid of timing and potential irony !!! And 'egg on face' !

MWHIBBIES
13-05-2016, 11:44 PM
Less glossy videos, more cash on football - can easy engage without all the glossy spin - hasn't worked anyway - winning cups and leagues works.

Oh and ban social media and things like 'Stokes making a difference' before a game - whoever does marketing (and I know) is utterly utterly devoid of timing and potential irony !!! And 'egg on face' !Absolutely awful idea. Who gives a flying **** what people think about us? I want to hear the thoughts of players and management on how things are going. The improvement in Hibs social media and website has been a big positive step in the last few years.

No game has ever been won or lost because of a tweet or a comment in the media, lot of pish IMO. Games are won and lost by 22 players on the park and the managers who put them there.