PDA

View Full Version : Players at the end

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-05-2016, 10:39 PM
Did they hit the ground like a sack of tatties and did they go over the support?

kaimendhibs
13-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Very few came near. McGregor was roaring at them to get their heads up

Paisley Hibby
13-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Can you really blame them? They were as stunned and gutted as we were.

givescotlandfreedom
13-05-2016, 10:52 PM
There's not a lot they can do. Come over and a fair chance of people getting annoyed and hurling abuse or lie flat and dejected and get accused of snubbing the support.

High-On-Hibs
13-05-2016, 10:55 PM
There's not a lot they can do. Come over and a fair chance of people getting annoyed and hurling abuse or lie flat and dejected and get accused of snubbing the support.

If I was one of them, i'd still go over anyway and take it on the chin.

500miles
13-05-2016, 10:57 PM
If I was one of them, i'd still go over anyway and take it on the chin.

They've knocked their pans in, they've no one to answer to.

High-On-Hibs
13-05-2016, 11:01 PM

They get paid well to "knock their pans in". That's the very least any club should expect from their players.

500miles
13-05-2016, 11:03 PM
They get paid well to "knock their pans in". That's the very least any club should expect from their players.

They don't get paid to take **** from fans.

kaimendhibs
13-05-2016, 11:05 PM
Can you really blame them? They were as stunned and gutted as we were.

Not blaming them, merely answering a question. They gave their all tonight, wasnt to be

Greencore
13-05-2016, 11:06 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Andy74
13-05-2016, 11:10 PM

They do to be fair. Goes with the territory.

matty_f
13-05-2016, 11:10 PM
Keep the thread on track it it's getting closed. Disagree by all means, but show some respect

HappyHanlon
13-05-2016, 11:12 PM
Why delete the posts?

The players are paid from the money generated by fans.

Some joker thinks they're precious wee souls. They've let the fans down once again.

500miles
13-05-2016, 11:14 PM
No they don't, we just accept behaviour from football fans that if carried out by anyone else, would be, at best frowned upon, and worst, cautioned.

HappyHanlon
13-05-2016, 11:16 PM
Wake up and smell the coffee.

They mugs have shafted the fans once again. Why is it so bloody difficult to put the ball in the net? Why is it so bloody difficult to close down players outside the box instead of camping in it? Why do they down tools on 85 minutes?

High-On-Hibs
13-05-2016, 11:16 PM
No they don't, we just accept behaviour from football fans that if carried out by anyone else, would be, at best frowned upon, and worst, cautioned.

What kind of behaviour are you referring to?

We're not talking about violent fans running onto the pitch and looking to set about players here.

500miles
13-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Why delete the posts?

The players are paid from the money generated by fans.

Some joker thinks they're precious wee souls. They've let the fans down once again.

I don't feel let down, I'm disappointed for them and my club. I like to think it's because I can put football into perspective enough to not disappointment cloud my judgement.

Who you talking to by the way? You don't know me.

500miles
13-05-2016, 11:20 PM
What kind of behaviour are you referring to?

We're not talking about violent fans running onto the pitch and looking to set about players here.

Screaming and shouting abuse in the middle of the street can get you done for breach of the peace.

SeanWilson
13-05-2016, 11:20 PM

emm, yeah, they do.

500miles
13-05-2016, 11:21 PM
emm, yeah, they do.

Show me that passage in the contract?

Ilovehibs
13-05-2016, 11:22 PM
Screaming and shouting abuse in the middle of the street can get you done for beach of the peace.

Hope they brought their buckets and spades

500miles
13-05-2016, 11:23 PM
Hope they brought their buckets and spades

:greengrin

Andy74
13-05-2016, 11:24 PM

I just managed my company's AGM. I can assure you that football is not the only place where those plying their trade have to stand and get abuse for disappointing performance.

High-On-Hibs
13-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Screaming and shouting abuse in the middle of the street can get you done for beach of the peace.

People can scream and shout at me in the middle of the street all they want if they're willing to pay me thousands a week for the privilege.

Incidentally, i've had abuse shouted at me in numerous job roles where i've been paid no more than the minimum wage. None of them have been done for breach of the peace though. I just took it on the chin and got on with the job.

SeanWilson
13-05-2016, 11:27 PM
Show me that passage in the contract?

They are paid to play football for a football club, which exists through football fans. If they repeatedly capitulate in circumstances that are unthinkable, which results in said football fans being a little aggrieved - that comes with the territory. It's indefensible and deserved AND BTW the players accept that.

500miles
13-05-2016, 11:27 PM
People can scream and shout at me in the middle of the street all they want if they're willing to pay me thousands a week for the privilege.

Incidentally, i've had abuse shouted at me in numerous job roles where i've been paid no more than the minimum wage. None of them have been done for breach of the peace though. I just took it on the chin and got on with the job.

Like I said, at worst. Go and do it to a plod and see what you get.

Normally I'd be sympathetic with someone getting over the top pelters, but you're making it difficult.

madhatter
13-05-2016, 11:28 PM
Out of everything that tonight brings, who cares what the players did? Unless they moon walked off the pitch, laughing at the support whilst also flipping us off...why does it matter?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-05-2016, 11:31 PM
I just managed my company's AGM. I can assure you that football is not the only place where those plying their trade have to stand and get abuse for disappointing performance.

Never mind, once 70% of technology is out in India you wont be able to interpret the insults!

High-On-Hibs

Normally I'd be sympathetic with someone getting over the top pelters, but you're making it difficult.

Why would I randomly shout abuse at an officer? :Ummm:

500miles
They are paid to play football for a football club, which exists through football fans. If they repeatedly capitulate in circumstances that are unthinkable, which results in said football fans being a little aggrieved - that comes with the territory. It's indefensible and deserved AND BTW the players accept that.

I don't think anyone should accept it at their work, and I certainly don't think falling after fiftieth game of the season, after coming back from a goal down in both legs, is a capitulation.

Andy74
13-05-2016, 11:32 PM

As part of a protest shouting at the police would be pretty much ignored. Randomly in the street of an afternoon, maybe not. It's about the context.

500miles
13-05-2016, 11:33 PM
Why would I randomly shout abuse at an officer? :Ummm:

Why would you do it to someone who has knocked their pan in to get the best for your team?

500miles
13-05-2016, 11:34 PM
As part of a protest shouting at the police would be pretty much ignored. Randomly in the street of an afternoon, maybe not. It's about the context.

Plenty of folk get lifted and cautioned at protests.

High-On-Hibs
13-05-2016, 11:35 PM
Why would you do it to someone who has knocked their pan in to get the best for your team?

Erm.... Because i'm paying for them to get the best for my team and they haven't gotten the best for my team?

The same reason employers get frustrated with their employees when they feel they're not getting the level of results they require out of them.

SeanWilson
13-05-2016, 11:36 PM
I don't think anyone should accept it at their work, and I certainly don't think falling after fiftieth game of the season, after coming back from a down in both legs, is a capitulation.

It's that mentality that has hibs where we are. If that wasn't capitulation, what is? You're absolutely deluded if you think the players don't deserve an angry and disappointed crowd/fan base. We're football fans and I'm sure I'll wake up tomorrow, sober up and look forward to next weekend but I'm well within my rights to be ****ing pissed off about tonight's events. Good night :aok:

500miles
13-05-2016, 11:37 PM
Erm.... Because i'm paying for them to get the best for my team and they haven't gotten the best for my team?

The same reason employers get frustrated with their employees when they feel they're not getting the level of results they require out of them.

You are not their employer, you are a customer, and in my experience, customers who act in an aggressive or abusive manner are asked to leave or, in extreme cases, prosecuted. Try again.

Andy74
13-05-2016, 11:40 PM
You are not their employer, you are a customer, and in my experience, customers who act in an aggressive or abusive manner are asked to leave or, in extreme cases, prosecuted. Try again.

I'm assuming your experience is in a different job from being a professional sportsman? There are limits but your chat is lacking in much reality or context.

High-On-Hibs
13-05-2016, 11:42 PM

A customer that doesn't get the product or service in which they are paying for. Which gives the customer the right to complain.

Clearly you've never heard the moto "the customer is always right".

500miles
13-05-2016, 11:43 PM
It's that mentality that has hibs where we are. If that wasn't capitulation, what is? You're absolutely deluded if you think the players don't deserve an angry and disappointed crowd/fan base. We're football fans and I'm sure I'll wake up tomorrow, sober up and look forward to next weekend but I'm well within my rights to be ****ing pissed off about tonight's events. Good night :aok:

Capitulation is when you just accept defeat, and this team has never done that.

SeanWilson
13-05-2016, 11:43 PM

You buy a tshirt from Nike, it's got holes in so you take it back and get it replaced. You get the replacement home and what the ****? it's got holes in it.... You go back to the shop, they replace it..... You get it home and it's not only got holes in it but it's to ducking small. You go back to Nike and tell them to shove there ****ing tshirt up their arse.

High-On-Hibs
13-05-2016, 11:45 PM

They accepted defeat when they switched off at the most vital time of the match. Something they have previous of doing.

500miles
13-05-2016, 11:46 PM
A customer that doesn't get the product or service in which they are paying for. Which gives the customer the right to complain.

Clearly you've never heard the moto "the customer is always right".

That customer isn't always right, I've never worked in any retailer or building company where that is the policy.

High-On-Hibs
13-05-2016, 11:46 PM
You buy a tshirt from Nike, it's got holes in so you take it back and get it replaced. You get the replacement home and what the ****? it's got holes in it.... You go back to the shop, they replace it..... You get it home and it's not only got holes in it but it's to ducking small. You go back to Nike and tell them to shove there ****ing tshirt up their arse.

Yep. That's pretty much it. :greengrin

500miles
13-05-2016, 11:48 PM
They accepted defeat when they switched off at the most vital time of the match. Something they have previous of doing.

No, they lost concentration at the end of an exhausting period of time, that is not capitulation, that is the price of fighting on every front until the bitter end.

High-On-Hibs
13-05-2016, 11:49 PM
That customer isn't always right, I've never worked in any retailer or building company where that is the policy.

The customer is always right, even if you work there and believe in your own mind that they are wrong. That's why so many companies offer no questions asked return policies and refunds.

Any business that starts claiming that their customers are in the wrong, will fall flat on it's face very quickly.

500miles
13-05-2016, 11:50 PM

Football's really more like going to the bookies, getting beat, and kicking off because things didn't go your way.

Andy74
13-05-2016, 11:51 PM
Football's really more like going to the bookies, getting beat, and kicking off because things didn't go your way.

No it's a bit more like being at the racecourse.

500miles
13-05-2016, 11:52 PM
The customer is always right, even if you work there and believe in your own mind that they are wrong. That's why so many companies offer no questions asked return policies and refunds.

Any business that starts claiming that their customers are in the wrong, will fall flat on it's face very quickly.

No questions asked if they meet certain criteria. The customer who doesn't meet those criteria is usually deemed "wrong"

High-On-Hibs
13-05-2016, 11:54 PM
No, they lost concentration at the end of an exhausting period of time, that is not capitulation, that is the price of fighting on every front until the bitter end.

Losing concentration at any point is capitulation, regardless of how exhausted you are. If you have a goal and you're determined enough to succeed. Then you find a way of making it happen, even if you're exhausted.

The players switched off at a vital moment in the game where they should have been most switched on.

500miles
13-05-2016, 11:54 PM
No it's a bit more like being at the racecourse.

And when the horse gets beat, does it do a wee lap around the track to let the punters hurl some verbals?

High-On-Hibs
13-05-2016, 11:57 PM
And when the horse gets beat, does it do a wee lap around the track to let the punters hurl some verbals?

Are you honestly comparing horses to humans? :faf:

500miles
13-05-2016, 11:59 PM
Losing concentration at any point is capitulation, regardless of how exhausted you are. If you have a goal and you're determined enough to succeed. Then you find a way of making it happen, even if you're exhausted.

The players switched off at a vital moment in the game where they should have been most switched on.

That's a pretty loose definition of the word capitulate.

500miles
14-05-2016, 12:00 AM
Are you honestly comparing horses to humans? :faf:

Wasn't my choice of comparison.

Andy74
14-05-2016, 12:07 AM
Wasn't my choice of comparison.

You brought the bookies into it.

Fact is at the course or the bookies punters will go equally as mental at horses and riders.

500miles
14-05-2016, 12:13 AM

Fact is at the course or the bookies punters will go equally as mental at horses and riders.

This shouting abuse at horses comes across as valid, reasonable behaviour to you? Because I'd laugh my hole off...

500miles
14-05-2016, 12:15 AM

Only because you're not buying a guaranteeable product.

Andy74
14-05-2016, 12:21 AM
This shouting abuse at horses comes across as valid, reasonable behaviour to you? Because I'd laugh my hole off...

Good luck trying to rationalise human behaviour.

Your attempt to place normal accepted behaviours such as how you would act in the street just going about your business or how you would treat say a waiter into different scenarios such as a sports arena isn't realistic. Those in the game understand that too. There are limits of course but not at the levels you are trying to set.

If I was having a nice meal with my wife and the waiter brought the wrong wine I would politely ask them to change it.

If I'm at the football and Stokes misses a one on one I will probably make a fairly audible noise of some sort.

That's just the way it goes in different environments.

FromTheCapital
14-05-2016, 12:27 AM
It's becoming so cliché but I genuinely thought we performed pretty well tonight. We got hit by two brutal, brutal sucker punches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boyle89
14-05-2016, 12:44 AM
They can all gtf as far as I'm concerned. To lose to that team is just too much to take.

Forza Fred
14-05-2016, 12:50 AM
I don't think the players deserve ANY abuse.

They tried their best, but there best simply was not good enough.

All we can do is ask players who are picked for the side to try their best......they can't do any more than that.

Carheenlea
14-05-2016, 12:53 AM
The 1800 fans there tonight were fans who will always be there supporting the club. Players and fans all shattered by outcome, but that support wasn't looking for or needed a clap of appreciation for supporting their team after such a gut wrenching finale - and I suspect the players knew that.

hibsbollah
14-05-2016, 12:56 AM
What was that all about? Can anyone even believe what happened tonight? was like some some sort of sick twisted perverted Roy of the Rovers tale dreamt up by a jambo gimp.

Ill be be away from here for a while. Always, always, love Hibs:flag:

hibs4life
14-05-2016, 01:04 AM
The 1800 fans there tonight were fans who will always be there supporting the club. Players and fans all shattered by outcome, but that support wasn't looking for or needed a clap of appreciation for supporting their team after such a gut wrenching finale - and I suspect the players knew that.
Yep, that's about the truth. Players did their best but walking away from the stadium, thoughts turned to the repetitive nature of Hibs games and where, if blame needs to be apportioned, where this lies...

Hermit Crab
14-05-2016, 01:09 AM
Did they hit the ground like a sack of tatties and did they go over the support?

Christ knows. I was away as soon as the 3rd hit the net. They don't deserve our applause anyway.

The_Horde
14-05-2016, 02:56 AM
**** them. **** the lot of them. Shower of cowards who aren't good enough to see out a long throw. On several occasions this season.

And they can take their ***** excuses with them. We are Pish. End of

Steve20
14-05-2016, 04:27 AM

But somehow they're pretty good at getting defeated.

Players have let the support down again. When the going got tough in the important part of the season, they went missing.

Other than Hanlon, McGregor, McGeouch and McGinn, I'd happily never see any of them again next season.

I didn't include Henderson as I can't imagine it'll do him any good being on loan in the championship again. Too good for this league now, pity half his team mates this year aren't good enough for it.

Lex7zero
14-05-2016, 04:33 AM

Boy you are so important we are all impressed yawn.

weonlywon6-2
14-05-2016, 04:37 AM
Anyone who thinks players getting abuse from their fans is part of their job is living in the dark ages

Mikey09
14-05-2016, 06:18 AM
I don't think anyone should accept it at their work, and I certainly don't think falling after fiftieth game of the season, after coming back from a goal down in both legs, is a capitulation.

You're far to sensible mate. It'll get you nowhere on here trust me. If you don't stick the boot in you haven't smelt the coffee or aren't deemed passionate blah blah blah.

carnoustiehibee
14-05-2016, 06:33 AM
You're far to sensible mate. It'll get you nowhere on here trust me. If you don't stick the boot in you haven't smelt the coffee or aren't deemed passionate blah blah blah.

What should the fans reaction have been last night?

One Day
14-05-2016, 06:48 AM

I agree with this.

500miles
14-05-2016, 06:49 AM
But somehow they're pretty good at getting defeated.

Players have let the support down again. When the going got tough in the important part of the season, they went missing.

Other than Hanlon, McGregor, McGeouch and McGinn, I'd happily never see any of them again next season.

I didn't include Henderson as I can't imagine it'll do him any good being on loan in the championship again. Too good for this league now, pity half his team mates this year aren't good enough for it.

We only started losing games after the fixture pile up, which was the most remarkable I had ever seen. Their would be minimal training and training matches, so set pieces and fitness would always suffer.

As for losing the must win games, Hearts, Dundee United, Raith and rangers were all beaten in "must win" games. This team might not have had the legs left, but they've got stacks of bottle.

B.H.F.C
14-05-2016, 06:55 AM
We only started losing games after the fixture pile up, which was the most remarkable I had ever seen. Their would be minimal training and training matches, so set pieces and fitness would always suffer.

As for losing the must win games, Hearts, Dundee United, Raith and rangers were all beaten in "must win" games. This team might not have had the legs left, but they've got stacks of bottle.

And they've always got stacks of excuses. Number of games, the ref. There'll always be something.

Mr Grieves
14-05-2016, 07:07 AM
**** them. **** the lot of them. Shower of cowards who aren't good enough to see out a long throw. On several occasions this season.

And they can take their ***** excuses with them. We are Pish. End of

Aye, couldn't give a **** if any of the leave, losers.

Colr
14-05-2016, 07:53 AM

If they knock the goals in there would be no problem. They had their chances

Benny Brazil
14-05-2016, 07:58 AM

Have they though?
Three times in the last month we have been leading Falkirk (not Celtc or Hertz or Rangers) with not much time left in each match only to not see out the games.
That doesn't show much bottle to me- despite the number of times Stubbs tells me otherwise.