PDA

View Full Version : The Cup Means Little In Such Circumstances

Dashing Bob S
13-05-2016, 10:32 PM
I'll be delighted if for some reason we do win it, but overall it means very little in our current set of circumstances. Would have much rather we'd gone up.

As it stands I think we'll be pumped - it just seems it's our lot to complete a miserable treble.

Enough said
13-05-2016, 10:34 PM
I'll be delighted if for some reason we do win it, but overall it means very little in our current set of circumstances. Would have much rather we'd gone up.

As it stands I think we'll be pumped - it just seems it's our lot to complete a miserable treble.
You have us beat already? Will we not bother going then???

lugz
13-05-2016, 10:35 PM
I see a few people saying this and I totally disagree. IF we win the cup next week it'll be the greatest day ever as a hibs fan for me and will never be beaten. The circumstances round the win doesn't change a thing for me.

IberianHibernian
A lot of fans here said they`d prefer cup to promotion if both weren`t possible . Nothing`s changed . Cup win means ending long wait , playing in Europe instead of League Cup groups and going direct to last 16 of LC . Lots of reasons why final is still massive .

HibeeLR
I see a few people saying this and I totally disagree. IF we win the cup next week it'll be the greatest day ever as a hibs fan for me and will never be beaten. The circumstances round the win doesn't change a thing for me.

agree 100%

johnbc70
You have us beat already? Will we not bother going then???

What do you expect people to think after tonights disaster.

ED Hibee
13-05-2016, 10:36 PM
It is a very strange feeling. I some respects as with the Pat Fenlon's team these players don't deserve to be the ones to lift the cup when you consider all of the greats that didn't get it. Just put the youth team out instead and then at least take away any expectation or hope that we might win it.

GreenCastle
I will celebrate it big time - something not been done for years. I have been waiting for this day like many others.

It's not the SPFL is the mega riches and passport to Champions League.

Celtic or Rangers will win it next year and the rest will fight for 3rd or below.

I want a trophy !!

Ilovehibs

This.

Santa Cruz
Hibs for the cup

Sammy7nil

Pish:cb

Enough said
13-05-2016, 10:37 PM
What do you expect people to think after tonights disaster.
Were you expecting a result tonight? Truthfully?

Bishop Hibee
13-05-2016, 10:38 PM
Chin up Bob. Tonight was a low blow but the sun will come out tomorrow......Imagine the party if the unlikely happens. Champagne flowing down Leith Walk like piss in Gorgie. Brucy bonus is the yams will have lost their most important game of the season. Glory glory!

Joe Baker2
13-05-2016, 10:38 PM

How old are you 12?

Enough said
13-05-2016, 10:39 PM
We can still win this cup bloody hell

Pete
The Scottish cup will never "mean very little" regardless of the circumstances.
Have a word, you'll all be going mental.

...A miserable treble is still a treble though. ;-)

Joe Baker2

Well said mate!

stantonhibby
It is a very strange feeling. I some respects as with the Pat Fenlon's team these players don't deserve to be the ones to lift the cup when you consider all of the greats that didn't get it. Just put the youth team out instead and then at least take away any expectation or hope that we might win it.

Utter pish

Enough said
13-05-2016, 10:41 PM
SEVCO ate there for the taking we are due something or some luck

Waxy
13-05-2016, 10:42 PM
I think they are worthy.

ED Hibee
13-05-2016, 10:43 PM
It is a bit of a ridiculous statement but it's more down to disappointment that almost seems inevitable once you get your hopes raised with Hibs. As someone once said it is the hope that kills you.

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-05-2016, 10:44 PM
I think(hope) we will all be feeling very different come 9am on Saturday when the first beer is cracked open. Hope so at least

High-On-Hibs
13-05-2016, 10:44 PM
If we were to go on and win the damn thing, then i'd be ecstatic for several days. But then it would pass. The reality of playing Alloa and Dumbarton for at least another season would soon bring me back down.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2016, 10:45 PM
If we win next week we will all have the party to end all party's. But by the time the new season starts, reality will kick in and the though of Dumbarton away or even at home in front of a sparse crowd wont get the juices going for many.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2016, 10:46 PM
If we were to go on and win the damn thing, then i'd be ecstatic for several days. But then it would pass. The reality of playing Alloa and Dumbarton for at least another season would soon bring me back down.

No Alloa thankfully since they've been relegated to League One.

We will have Stranraer or Ayr Utd to play though. :aok:

The Harp Awakes
13-05-2016, 10:47 PM

I disagree with the first bit and agree with the 2nd bit. I think a Cup win would be massive. Sadly I don't think it's going to happen. By next Saturday, tonight will be far enough away that we'll have built ourselves up again only to be kicked in the goulies once more. Whatever happens though, Hibees forever:flag:

cabbageandribs1875

we will only be playing alloa next season if it's a challenge/petrofac cup game(or whatever it's called)

Andy74
I'd be obviously very pleased to win it and might go missing for a week afterwards. Then it's done though. It has no bearing on next season and we need to make decisions with that in mind.

High-On-Hibs
No Alloa thankfully since they've been relegated to League One.

We will have Stranraer or Ayr Utd to play though. :aok:

Oh goodie.:wink:

pacoluna
13-05-2016, 10:49 PM

I know we are all extremely disappointed atm however this post is the biggest load of bullish*t I've ever read! If Hibs win the Sc I couldn't give a toss if we were in the 3rd division! We will be back in the spl one day maybe not next season or the season after but eventually we will get up, The Scottish cup would be historic for this club players would become instant heroes!

givescotlandfreedom
13-05-2016, 10:49 PM
You're on as bad form as the team these days, Bob.

Alfred E Newman
13-05-2016, 10:53 PM
Most of the players are done. If tonight game had went to extra time and we went through, the chances of beating Killie on Tuesday would have been slim and the chances of winning the cup a few days later even less.

#2 Double Tap
13-05-2016, 10:54 PM

or it might be third time lucky.

HappyHanlon
13-05-2016, 11:00 PM
We have surely conceded the most goals from outside the box over the last few seasons!

This and the defence going to sleep in the final 5 mins will not bode well against SevCo.

League Cup Final - lost in last minute
Play Offs - lost in last minute

Genuinely don't think I could take a treble like that!

kaimendhibs
13-05-2016, 11:02 PM
The cup means everything. Think of all the Hibernian supporters who have passed away and never seen us win the damn thing. I dont want to be another

mcfly
13-05-2016, 11:05 PM

Great attitude.

I agree you have to be a super optimism to think we can win next week but you have to believe.

Id take another year in this league if we win the cup so get a grip or stop posting such negative rubbish

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-05-2016, 11:09 PM

Disagree Bob my old dear. Win the cup against der Hun given our current predicament and I'd be ecstatic. Wouldn't give two hoots where we play next year.