PDA

View Full Version : Back Stubbs

Allez Hibs
13-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Realistically - who else is out there that can get us up in a way we want? He has us playing the best football since Mowbray yet some are calling for his head? His philosophy is taking time but it's the right one. BACK STUBBS.

FromTheCapital
13-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Not his fault that the players did not take their chances at 2-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murray26
13-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Stubbs was going either way.. The board should go for Alex Neil.. Can't see him coming though..

IberianHibernian
13-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Back manager and all players till after final . Luckily our season has not finished and we can still make history .

Sammy7nil
13-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Stubbs was going either way.. The board should go for Alex Neil.. Can't see him coming though..

LOL LOL LOL really cheered me up :wink:

The Harp Awakes
13-05-2016, 10:34 PM
We're all gutted tonight but if we win the Cup next week, many of those on here tonight wanting Stubbs out will change their mind.

Hibee Mac
13-05-2016, 10:34 PM
Not a chance. We've watched him fail to make the right decisions for too long.

Playing with wingers and width - nope
Timely substitutions - nope
Playing our in form players regardless of loyalties - nope

He's had his two chances, now it's time for us to build the right type of team for this league. And that doesn't mean we have to play hoofball either.

Sammy7nil
13-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Realistically - who else is out there that can get us up in a way we want? He has us playing the best football since Mowbray yet some are calling for his head? His philosophy is taking time but it's the right one. BACK STUBBS.

Realistically there are numerous mangers who could have got us promoted and NO ONE would give a shiit how it was done.

Nicho87
13-05-2016, 10:36 PM
Stubbs out sadly

SJM
13-05-2016, 10:38 PM
Nah he's done unless he does the impossible

Santa Cruz
13-05-2016, 10:39 PM
I'd keep him but I think he'll go either way next week

Greencore
13-05-2016, 10:39 PM
I'd give Stubbs one more season without sevco. It was always going to be tough with hertz and sevco in the league and sevco bouncing back with a decent gaffer. But should we really settle for that excuse? Do we have a right
To challenge sevco this season with our budget?

Ilovehibs
13-05-2016, 10:42 PM
I'd give Stubbs one more season without sevco. It was always going to be tough with hertz and sevco in the league and sevco bouncing back with a decent gaffer. But should we really settle for that excuse? Do we have a right
To challenge sevco this season with our budget?

Sevco irrelevant. Couldn't beat FALKIRK in the final league position or play off. Unacceptable. Stubbs has failed IMHO.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2016, 10:43 PM

:faf:

Deeds
13-05-2016, 10:43 PM
We are a soft touch..there is no collective win at all costs mentality. Eddie Turnbull believed we were the best and managed to instill that into the team... I know it's a bit of an old fashioned philosophy, but I do agree with someone else who posted on here that someone like Alex Neil might have that mindset too, that he hates to get beat

truehibernian
13-05-2016, 10:45 PM
We're all gutted tonight but if we win the Cup next week, many of those on here tonight wanting Stubbs out will change their mind.

No they won't - League Cup fail, promotion fail - Cup win would be a 'Fenlonesque' papering cracks - we needed promotion and he failed - twice.

Billychaotic182
13-05-2016, 10:46 PM
Alex Neil. Hell in drUnk but I'm not that drunk

Diclonius
13-05-2016, 10:47 PM
No

Andy74
13-05-2016, 10:48 PM
No they won't - League Cup fail, promotion fail - Cup win would be a 'Fenlonesque' papering cracks - we needed promotion and he failed - twice.

By now we should realise league wise Fenlon improved us. Quite a bit. Not realising that ultimately got us here.

easty
13-05-2016, 10:50 PM

Aye him or Moyes or maybe Alex Ferguson.

simple
13-05-2016, 10:57 PM

I thought this a few weeks ago, if he didn't keep Norwich up and would probably be out of a job. I'm still backing Stubbs until the season is over and then we'll see.

lucky
13-05-2016, 10:59 PM
I'm backing Stubbs, think he deserves another season. He might even be a cup winner

500miles
13-05-2016, 10:59 PM
We are a soft touch..there is no collective win at all costs mentality. Eddie Turnbull believed we were the best and managed to instill that into the team... I know it's a bit of an old fashioned philosophy, but I do agree with someone else who posted on here that someone like Alex Neil might have that mindset too, that he hates to get beat

Eddie Turnbull also got us relegated.

truehibernian
13-05-2016, 11:04 PM
By now we should realise league wise Fenlon improved us. Quite a bit. Not realising that ultimately got us here.

Sorry Andy, Stubbs might have failed however he didn't lose an embarrassing final and have a record breaking Euro score on his record - not one team in the UK has taken a punt on Pat - rightly so. Your posts were getting interesting and dare I say I agreed with most - but nope, Pat was a main reason for the demise. The irony is next season we'll have two sides, us and Utd, who are really the masters of our own downfall by not investing money from player sales in talent.

What a right sorry state Hibs are in !

One Day Soon
13-05-2016, 11:05 PM

I won't. A cup win changes nothing.

Ilovehibs
13-05-2016, 11:12 PM

Sadly, I won't. Tonight's game sums up our season under Stubbs...failure to kill off a game through missed chances and poor defending. Stubbs has had his chance. Would have loved him to succeed, but he hasn't. We go again....as Stubbs likes to say...only with a new and harder manager I hope.

capitals_finest
13-05-2016, 11:16 PM
Stubbs is one of the better managers we have had in recent years - better than Butcher, Fenlon, Calderwood, Hughes and Mixu - we need to back him as there is no obvious alternative. He deserves one more season.

Back Stubbs. GGTTH

Andy74
13-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Sorry Andy, Stubbs might have failed however he didn't lose an embarrassing final and have a record breaking Euro score on his record - not one team in the UK has taken a punt on Pat - rightly so. Your posts were getting interesting and dare I say I agreed with most - but nope, Pat was a main reason for the demise. The irony is next season we'll have two sides, us and Utd, who are really the masters of our own downfall by not investing money from player sales in talent.

What a right sorry state Hibs are in !

Fine on the Europe result. Was poor but that's where we were playing kids and half a squad pre season.

The cup final was a terrible day but how much was be responsible for that?

I am talking about where we were in the league compared to when he took over. Then what has happened after. He was doing okay. It was progress but not quick enough for some.

To continue to have a go at him after what we have endured since is quite poor. We will be paying for years for that view.

And yes, Stubbs lost a final to a team from Dingwall. And 3 big games with last minute goals. Not to mention six goals to Rangers. Losing home and away to part time teams. And so on.

#2 Double Tap
13-05-2016, 11:19 PM
Aye him or Moyes or maybe Alex Ferguson.

those guys should feel privileged to be offered the managers role at Hibernian fc, we are the BEST club in the world, dont you forget it!

SunshineOnLeith
13-05-2016, 11:20 PM

Nah, we should go for Mourinho.

neil7908
13-05-2016, 11:20 PM
Serious question - what evidence do you have to support that? He's managing A Hibs team in a lower league than all of those guys and we are still struggling big time. Not just against Falkirk but Morton, Dumbarton etc. I don't think he's the worst we've had but as of today, he's literally achieved nothing as a manager except some hugely disappointing results in the games that really matter.

Ozyhibby
13-05-2016, 11:25 PM

He is nowhere near the level of Mowbray. Mowbray's team scored 11 more goals in the top league FFS.

capitals_finest
13-05-2016, 11:35 PM
Serious question - what evidence do you have to support that? He's managing A Hibs team in a lower league than all of those guys and we are still struggling big time. Not just against Falkirk but Morton, Dumbarton etc. I don't think he's the worst we've had but as of today, he's literally achieved nothing as a manager except some hugely disappointing results in the games that really matter.

He is managing a Hibs team in a tough league - not actually all that different to the league above us. By no means am I saying he is the finished article and hasn't made any mistakes but he has the right attributes to take us forward. He cares about the club, he seeks to play entertaining football, he/ his staff have a good eye for a decent player and he now has another season of experience under his belt in this league. What is the alternative - and if we do get another manager how long do we give him - what happens if we don't go up after one season - sack him?

hibs4life
13-05-2016, 11:46 PM
The main criticism that can be levelled at Stubbs' teams is that watching the games becomes like watching a continual rerun of the same game. I mean, I think we have dominated possesion in most of the games we have played this season, yet we all expect a lack of chances or missed chances and the opposition lumping a ball into the box and someone getting on the end of it.
It's what happened tonight and we don't seem to be able to change this repetitive scenario.
A midfield that has a scoring record that together wouldn't lace Pat McGinley's boots isn't good enough either, or would seem to be fit for purpose.
On the plus side watching Hibs is generally entertaining, but is this enough?

Ozyhibby
13-05-2016, 11:51 PM
He is managing a Hibs team in a tough league - not actually all that different to the league above us. By no means am I saying he is the finished article and hasn't made any mistakes but he has the right attributes to take us forward. He cares about the club, he seeks to play entertaining football, he/ his staff have a good eye for a decent player and he now has another season of experience under his belt in this league. What is the alternative - and if we do get another manager how long do we give him - what happens if we don't go up after one season - sack him?

He finished below Falkirk. Do you know how often that happens to us?

hibs4life
13-05-2016, 11:55 PM
Oh, and another thing, I think if Stubbs is offered a decent role down south, he'll be off like a shot. Another season in the 2nd tier of Scottish football, where anything else than an emphatic promotion will be deemed as a failure, or the chance to manage a team with scope for improvement, in the glare of the English football media? What do you think he might choose?

Haymaker
14-05-2016, 12:21 AM
Back Stubbs? Nope.

Hermit Crab
14-05-2016, 12:53 AM

No! He's had his chance and blew it.

wearehibernian
14-05-2016, 01:09 AM
Failure is not acceptable. Stubbs has failed. Simple. This is part of the problem at the club I love. Acceptance (and even debate) about whether we have failed is bizarre. Its clear that we have. This is exactly why the culture at the club is completely wrong. Arguably since the late 1970s - if not before that...

Hermit Crab
14-05-2016, 01:11 AM
Failure is not acceptable. Stubbs has failed. Simple. This is part of the problem at the club I love. Acceptance (and even debate) about whether we have failed is bizarre. Its clear that we have. This is exactly why the culture at the club is completely wrong. Arguably since the late 1970s - if not before that...

Hes failed twice now. He has to go, before the cup final would be good. At least we'd have a chance of winning it instead of him persisting with his stubborn tactics and game plan.

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 01:13 AM
He has my backing for one last match thats for sure, as I stated elsewhere hopefully we win it and he himself calls it a day or is offered a job. If we lose well I think pretty straight forward.

scenario 1 please.

wearehibernian
14-05-2016, 01:20 AM
Yep, remember the last time we changed manager before a cup final?

Greenworld
14-05-2016, 01:33 AM
We took a risk it's not worked so sack him and sack him now.anyone who things this is acceptable needs therapy.
I couldn't give a **** about the Scottish cup promotion was everything. ..Stubbs got it wrong Trying to compete on too many fronts

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Stokesy's on fire
14-05-2016, 01:37 AM
Yep, remember the last time we changed manager before a cup final?

We won it?

fulshie
14-05-2016, 01:49 AM
We need to be united for one more game then and only then should the discussion of a new manager. All this stubbs should go or stay doesn't help.

Steve20
14-05-2016, 01:59 AM
Stubbs is one of the better managers we have had in recent years - better than Butcher, Fenlon, Calderwood, Hughes and Mixu - we need to back him as there is no obvious alternative. He deserves one more season.

Back Stubbs. GGTTH

I'd like to know how exactly is he better than Hughes, Fenlon or Mixu.

2 cup finals? Fenlon did that. Lost them both but so is Stubbs.
Hughes got us 4th. Stubbs managed to get 3rd. But in a league below.

Only reason I can think that people think he's better is this myth that's been created that the football is nice to watch. Well, it's not. It's slow and it's boring. Watching a team toil with ideas in the final third is crap.

Stubbs seems a nice enough guy, but a manager? Never in a million years. Two years of failure.

wearehibernian
14-05-2016, 02:08 AM
no doubt in my mind that he should go... He is incapable of winning a game by more than a goal. Always 2.1 or 3.2. He does not realise that this is not acceptable. Cultural issues? Just not acceptable....

Mathias Jack
14-05-2016, 02:23 AM
Hes failed twice now. He has to go, before the cup final would be good. At least we'd have a chance of winning it instead of him persisting with his stubborn tactics and game plan.

Sacking before the cup final?!? I'm glad you're not in charge of the club or we'd be playing Edinburgh City before you know it.

JohnM1875
14-05-2016, 02:29 AM
Sacking before the cup final?!? I'm glad you're not in charge of the club or we'd be playing Edinburgh City before you know it.

For what it's worth I agree with you. Sacking him before the final doesn't make sense. We have as much chance of winning it with Stubb's as we do without (probably more chance with). And if we do win it he deserves credit for it. But, as soon as the final is over he has to go. He's not cut our for a job as difficult as this. I'd have Fenlon over him any day of the week. And yes, we've on the very rare occasion played some sumptious football this season. But I can guarantee you if Fenlon was in charge we wouldn't have lost to Dumbarton twice and Alloa this season. Unattractive football I agree. But I'd take that effectiveness to get out of this league. Just using Fenlon as a recent example by the way.

Mathias Jack
14-05-2016, 02:34 AM
To everyone...wake up and smell the lack of finances next season. As we'll be in the Championship for a 3rd season, our parachute payments from the SPFL are no more.

Would you rather see HSL/season ticket money spent on sacking Stubbs or funding new players? I know what I'd rather have.

The fans that didn't come this season, won't come next season. I'm not saying I'm happy with Stubbs and some of his decisions, far from it.

He's got one year left on his contract; gain promotion next season; happy days. If not, his contract will then have expired and we let him go.

I'd like to know what narcotics the media are on if they think he'll get a job in England. He's achieved nothing as a manager yet...

Mathias Jack
14-05-2016, 02:41 AM
For what it's worth I agree with you. Sacking him before the final doesn't make sense. We have as much chance of winning it with Stubb's as we do without (probably more chance with). And if we do win it he deserves credit for it. But, as soon as the final is over he has to go. He's not cut our for a job as difficult as this. I'd have Fenlon over him any day of the week. And yes, we've on the very rare occasion played some sumptious football this season. But I can guarantee you if Fenlon was in charge we wouldn't have lost to Dumbarton twice and Alloa this season. Unattractive football I agree. But I'd take that effectiveness to get out of this league. Just using Fenlon as a recent example by the way.

I 100% agree with you as regards Fenlon mate. The only thing Pat was guilty of was that he didn't have a great record in big games.

Granted the football wasn't pretty to watch, but I'd rather we won playing ugly, than playing 'attractive' football and losing.

Lex7zero
14-05-2016, 04:48 AM

Stubbs is a total joke who made several obvious errors starting with Oxley and ending with Fyvie. Hibs won't win the cup but even if they do Stubbs had a great squad of players but bat not a clue how to play them. Change my mind about Stubbs absolutely no chance.

Winston Ingram
14-05-2016, 06:52 AM

:party:

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 07:06 AM

Mowbray isnt a marker, he is playing football that has us finishing 3rd in the 2nd tier of Scottish Football and failing to gain promotion after 2 attempts.

If we are playing such good stuff we would be up by now. All I have seen is slow tippy tappy football that looks s great until we need to actually do something in final 3rd and for me it is totally uninspiring at that point.

1987kev
14-05-2016, 07:07 AM
Win next week or there's your p45 mr Stubbs

mmmmhibby
14-05-2016, 07:11 AM

True, but swap Stevenson and gray for cafu and paolo maldini and we have a chance.

Aldo
14-05-2016, 07:13 AM

Exactly!

Promotion was the priority and we should of geared up for this.

A 3rd season in this league is unacceptable and for me he cannot be allowed to remain in charge next season!!

mmmmhibby
14-05-2016, 07:14 AM
He has stuck by players who over the years have stagnated our progress on the park.....its his job to improve this and he hasn't. GTF Stubbs.

Expecting Rain
14-05-2016, 07:19 AM
I hope Stubbs is here for another season at least and I think there has been a lot of disrespect for the work he has achieved in the short time he has been here. His efforts will lay the foundation for a more consistent approach than we've had in a long time.

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 07:24 AM
I hope Stubbs is here for another season at least and I think there has been a lot of disrespect for the work he has achieved in the short time he has been here. His efforts will lay the foundation for a more consistent approach than we've had in a long time.

He isnt here to lay foundations to be promoted at 3rd attempt. I accepted not going up last season that was laying any foundation for me, this season regardless of fair or not he had to deliver no if or buts or excuses. He has failed in that regard.

Expecting Rain
14-05-2016, 07:41 AM
He isnt here to lay foundations to be promoted at 3rd attempt. I accepted not going up last season that was laying any foundation for me, this season regardless of fair or not he had to deliver no if or buts or excuses. He has failed in that regard.

Stability is the key, you cannot force success just because that's what you want.

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 07:47 AM
Stability is the key, you cannot force success just because that's what you want.

If being stable in this league is what you want then fine as that is the stability we have. Its not about stability its about winning matches in this league and we failed. I expect success in this league damn right I expect Hibernian to be the team in this division nothing to do with forcing success.

If you cannot deliver in this league you are not good enough. Stability is not the key the club seemed pretty stable to me at season start with good squad.

There are no excuses for this other than we are not good enough and after 2 seasons that is wholly unacceptable.

Nicho87
14-05-2016, 07:48 AM
Nah

Expecting Rain
14-05-2016, 07:53 AM
If you are influenced by stats only and choose to ignore the details, you will never move on. Hibs are getting a lot of things right and that is a big part of the process. By the way we still have another final to look forward too having knocked out our main rivals and the Scottish Cup holders on the way.

Captain Trips
14-05-2016, 07:57 AM
If you are influenced by stats only and choose to ignore the details, you will never move on. Hibs are getting a lot of things right and that is a big part of the process. By the way we still have another final to look forward too having knocked out our main rivals and the Scottish Cup holders on the way.

Not missing a thing except playing in the SPL. There are no stats or details to be missed.

Allant1981
14-05-2016, 07:57 AM
I was backing him up until last night, i really dont understand why we didnt go 3-5-2 last night, suits the players we have, yet again goes with this stupid diamond that doesnt work and didnt have the sense to see what was happening during the game

mcfly
14-05-2016, 08:20 AM
It's very hard to find reasons to back him at the moment?

His subs were poor last night - we were comfortable at 2-1 up - just shut up shop.

This diamond doesn't work and he just won't change.

If he doesn't play 3-5-2 next sat we will get hammered. We must stop their full backs or forget it

However I fear he will stick to it.

Aldo
14-05-2016, 08:24 AM

They got the biggest thing of all wrong IMHO and that's not getting promoted.

A team for the Championship would probably play different to a team in Premiership.

Stubbs wanted the team to play a certain way regardless of outcome. He couldn't see it whilst those around him could.

Keatings was an excellent call and it showed what he brings given the chance. Watch Saturday when Jason is played in place of him.

Yeah Jason is our top Goalscorer but JK brings more to the team IMHO.

I can however see where your coming from about stability. Stubbs should of got us promoted first and foremost by hook or by crook then set foundations. We have regressed this season and our league position proves that.

TAHibby
14-05-2016, 08:36 AM
We've struggled against ***** teams all season to be honest, time to bin the diamond and the manager. I think we've got a much better team than the one that went down, just no excuse for the ***** we've been served up

Borderhibbie76
14-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Sorry NO failed twice to get us up. .
.I ain't bothered about his tippy tappy style in the league it doesn't work...change is needed for next season and he will be off anyway

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

marleyhib
14-05-2016, 10:18 AM
I am not convinced he can build a team to get us out this league. As others have said I'd have liked us to be playing 3-5-2 , Stevenson and gray are too slow and can't cross a ball or beat a man. We go sideways and can't break down teams. Stokes and Cummings need service and constantly come short to get the ball. Poor use of subs and sticking with players when they aren't performing. Our form this year has been very poor.

Less money next year, likely no stokes, Henderson, will McGin. And Hanlon still be here.

I like him, think he knows a decent player but has been found out and lacks the experience to know when or how change things.

Who else do we get tho, I thought Butcher would do well and look how that turned out.

Phil MaGlass
14-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Sorry we have struggled most of the season, 3rd placeand no promotion. Stubbs has tae go

sesoim
14-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Stubbs has had his chance - even if we win the Cup, he still doesn't give me any confidence that he will get us up next season. The way we have struggled to break teams down this season shows he hasn't got enough tactical ability to come up with decent alternatives.

I hope whoever replaces Stubbs goes more for the Leicester approach - I'd rather watch a team winning with fast attacking players and 30% of possession than watch us pass about for ages without getting anywhere.

basehibby
14-05-2016, 10:46 AM

Back Stubbs. GGTTH

:agree: - Yep - one of the main reasons we are where we are is a tendency to the itchy trigger finger.

Stubbs has us playing cracking football such that we have our second cup final of the season coming up - we'd also still be in the play offs if it wasn't for some typically awful Scottish refereeing decisions that defy belief.

chrisski33
14-05-2016, 10:49 AM

i wont back stubbs but ill back Hibs fc!

chrisski33
14-05-2016, 10:55 AM

whoopey doo we beat Hearts which seems to be the highlight of our season. Hibs arent getting things right and the league shows it. finished 3rd to *****ty falkirk and cant beat them in the play off. aye Hibs are doing things right eh!? remember folk laughing at the yams when they were relegated and saying they would be down for years, look at us now? I wouldnt say we would get promoted next year tbh. aye lets pat ourselves on the backs for beating hearts and the cup holders when we cant get promotion.

lyonhibs
14-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Him and the team will get the passionate backing of 21,000 Hibs fans on Saturday and will doubtless find some new fangled and tortuous way of letting them down. Again.

Steve88
14-05-2016, 11:08 AM

Agreed.

Stubbs, alongside LD, has an ethos for this club and I am more than willing to allow this approach to the club to continue and flourish under these pair. If we sack Stubbs we will be returning to the dark days of sacking managers every year and hoping for a quick fix.

We all want to be in the premiership: We're a club with ambition, we want silverware, we want to be in Europe but let's just let this fresh approach grow and, although we may be sleeping giants at the moment, one day the entire premiership will hear us.

SpaceBob
14-05-2016, 11:16 AM

Back Stubbs. GGTTH

Hughes got us a 3rd place finish and with Mixu we finished in the top 6 and that was the last time we achieved that.

SlickShoes
14-05-2016, 11:18 AM
Him and the team will get the passionate backing of 21,000 Hibs fans on Saturday and will doubtless find some new fangled and tortuous way of letting them down. Again.

It's obvious what's going to happen, sure after it the club will once again call for the fans backing, as if they don't even notice we are always there suffering disaster after disaster.

FastEddieFelson
14-05-2016, 11:19 AM

:agree:

Springbank
14-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Stubbs & Mowbray are the classic "John The Baptist" managers

They do impressive work, but the real glory comes with the man who follows them - the one who takes the talented squad that's been assembled but who demands that extra 10% of his troops.

That extra 10% is usually The Difference in a game of fine margins.

So Collins hardened the dressing room, but won us a cup (so elusive to Mowbray)

I'd love Stubbs to prove me wrong next week but he seems unlikely to get that crucial 10%

jimmythefish
14-05-2016, 11:24 AM
Stubbs got 2 go unfortunately , shame cos I do think he's a good honest guy but he's failed miserably, playoff final was minimum requirement for me , even if we do the impossible next week , get Stuart McCall in he's worked wi dempster before at Motherwell & they had Motherwell flying finishing in top 3 or 4 in spl 3 or 4 years on the trot

SpaceBob
14-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Stubbs & Mowbray are the classic "John The Baptist" managers

They do impressive work, but the real glory comes with the man who follows them - the one who takes the talented squad that's been assembled but who demands that extra 10% of his troops.

That extra 10% is usually The Difference in a game of fine margins.

So Collins hardened the dressing room, but won us a cup (so elusive to Mowbray)

I'd love Stubbs to prove me wrong next week but he seems unlikely to get that crucial 10%

I reckon Mowbary would have won us that cup under Collins we wen't into free fall after the cup win, he made bad signings and jumped ship leaving us 8th in the league.

hibbeedavid
14-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Stubbs hasn't learned from mistakes and the fact that game after game is like watching the same movie where we dominate and still lose or draw, this squad we have just now would do well in Premiership but we need to build a squad to get us out this league first, in this league you need to be strong and fast and we don't have that

familyman
14-05-2016, 12:54 PM
I believe after Cup Final AS will walk, he failed to get us promoted so its that simple really.
He has not built a team with steel , and it lacks pace and direct approach to the game..few players around can create space from little , Scott Allan did that, McGinn can,Micky weir did once, but one player in current pool is not enough to break down defences the way we play.Time for a fresh approach removing players who have just been here too long..is essential...BIG game players as I have said before are for every game as every game is a big game(See Falkirk and Rangers results over the season).
Depressing stuff ,lets move on to next year with FRESH THINKING all round.

lyonhibs
14-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Stubbs hasn't learned from mistakes and the fact that game after game is like watching the same movie where we dominate and still lose or draw, this squad we have just now would do well in Premiership but we need to build a squad to get us out this league first, in this league you need to be strong and fast and we don't have that

You also need to be strong and fast in the Premiership. I must have missed the metamorphisis of the the SPL (or whatever it's called these days) into a continental passing game league where bunches of highly talented midgets pass the ball around each other on bowling green pitches.

I think people are somewhat over-estimating the - totally fantastical anyway as we are where we are - hypothetical "performance" of the current Hibs squad over the course of a top flight season.

Expecting Rain
14-05-2016, 01:19 PM
whoopey doo we beat Hearts which seems to be the highlight of our season. Hibs arent getting things right and the league shows it. finished 3rd to *****ty falkirk and cant beat them in the play off. aye Hibs are doing things right eh!? remember folk laughing at the yams when they were relegated and saying they would be down for years, look at us now? I wouldnt say we would get promoted next year tbh. aye lets pat ourselves on the backs for beating hearts and the cup holders when we cant get promotion.

You could recognise that a lot of people at the club are trying to improve things at the club and that there are clubs who have been promoted on the strength of severe irregularities, alternatively you could offer sarcasm and negativity and pat yourself on the back for being hilarious,

lyonhibs
14-05-2016, 01:29 PM
You could recognise that a lot of people at the club are trying to improve things at the club and that there are clubs who have been promoted on the strength of severe irregularities, alternatively you could offer sarcasm and negativity and pat yourself on the back for being hilarious,

Trying and - on the pitch, where it really matters at least - failing abjectly.

I'm not sure what "severe irregularities" refers to but the teams that have got automatic promotion have done so because on the pitch - again, where it really matters - their mentality has been to dominate teams with quick, attacking football that leads to goals and thus actually utilise their superior players, resources and budget to, you know, succeed.

Expecting Rain
14-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Trying and - on the pitch, where it really matters at least - failing abjectly.

I'm not sure what "severe irregularities" refers to but the teams that have got automatic promotion have done so because on the pitch - again, where it really matters - their mentality has been to dominate teams with quick, attacking football that leads to goals and thus actually utilise their superior

players, resources and budget to, you know, succeed.

I was referring to teams that shall we say were living well beyond their means and possibly still are. The first season Stubbs had just taken over and had inherited a total shambles, this season automatic promotion went to a club that compared to us are still spending big money, we had no divine right to be promoted. On the playing side i agree there is still room for a lot of improvement, if you are ambitious there always will be.

The Leith Dutch
14-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Sevco irrelevant. Couldn't beat FALKIRK in the final league position or play off. Unacceptable. Stubbs has failed IMHO.

This.

We didn't need to beat Sevco.
We needed to beat Raith, Falkirk and Kilmarnock.

Other excuses past their sell by date include:

"He inherited a basket case of a club"
Yes he did.
But this year he had pretty much his own players and, aside from the Scott Allen fiasco, a settled squad.

"Players take time to gel"
Yes. A few games. Not until January and not to beat ******ing Alloa and Dumbarton.

"So and so isn't good enough"
There is not one of our players who is not comfortably good enough to be part of a team that gets promoted from this division.

"It's not an easy league/there are no easy games"
It/there should be given the squad we have and the quality of the opposition.

Last season there were legitimate excuses.
This season there are none.

chrisski33
14-05-2016, 02:01 PM

you referenced to the fact we beat our city rivals and the cup holders but so what if we cant beat alloa, dumbarton and falkirk. we arent doing things right. what severe irregularities did Hearts do when they got promoted? none that has been mentioned as been proved they havent spend outwidth their means last season. how has hibs improved greatly? club pr still seem to let players and the manager mouth off to the press before big games leaving us with egg on our faces when we lose. aye ai will offer negativity at a time theres no positives to be found. stubbs has had 2 chances to get promotion and has failed both times.

ionahibby
14-05-2016, 02:05 PM

Really you could go back to mixu or yogi when the slide started. We technically pushed these guys out the door because we weren't happy with 4th or 6th place in the premiership. I'm not saying they would have taken us to glory but certainly past mistakes have led us here.

Sunshine Scott
14-05-2016, 02:17 PM
No. Times up. Off ye pop.

SanFranHibs
14-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Oh, and another thing, I think if Stubbs is offered a decent role down south, he'll be off like a shot. Another season in the 2nd tier of Scottish football, where anything else than an emphatic promotion will be deemed as a failure, or the chance to manage a team with scope for improvement, in the glare of the English football media? What do you think he might choose?

A subtle point there. Does Stubbs really want a third year of failure in this division? Would hardly add to his already weak c.v.

But if we could somehow win the cup then he might go as the manager who has won us the cup for the first time in 114 years, lost the other major cup final in the last minute against a higher division team and took us to the playoff 'semi-final' both years. He might think at least there is a positive spin to it. However with no Hearts and Rangers next year he is running out of mitigating circumstances for failing to win the league.

I said last season even when we were playing reasonably well that I found his constant tinkering unhelpful. I admit I have only seen a few games this year at ER but frankly I saw very little good football. A couple of good moves but no consistency, no system and an inability or unwillingness to make substitutions when it was obvious other teams were taking control in the second half.

This squad, even allowing for injuries and weakness in certain areas, is in my opinion the best in this division. Stubbs simply did not get enough out of them. Also, it is worrying that we brought no-one in from our U21's.

I said on this site that we need a manager with a kind of arrogance to get us out of this division. Not arrogant in personal relationships, but possessed of a 'we are the best in this league and we are winning it and returning to where we belong' attitude. Nielson done it at first asking, Warburton at first asking. Stubbs has been nowhere near winning this league.

I worry we will see the same fare next season.

I will of course support him while he is here but I honestly hope he is leaving with a Cup winners medal and our best wishes.

Expecting Rain
14-05-2016, 02:50 PM
you referenced to the fact we beat our city rivals and the cup holders but so what if we cant beat alloa, dumbarton and falkirk. we arent doing things right. what severe irregularities did Hearts do when they got promoted? none that has been mentioned as been proved they havent spend outwidth their means last season. how has hibs improved greatly? club pr still seem to let players and the manager mouth off to the press before big games leaving us with egg on our faces when we lose. aye ai will offer negativity at a time theres no positives to be found. stubbs has had 2 chances to get promotion and has failed both times.

Hearts were in a better situation than us in the first season, they had prepared for the league well in advance, as regards the improvements at the club, well we have a lot of good individuals and also we play the correct way, yes there is much we can improve upon, the balance of the side could be a lot better and yes we have to find different ways of winning matches, especially when the conditions or decisions are not conducive to our needs. Stubbs did not get us relegated and deserves a fair bit of respect. Yes i agree with you regarding his dealings with the press but he is still in the process of learning the job and this will go way beyond his spell at Hibs in my opinion.
I understand the anger and frustrations of some Hibs fans at our inability to get out of the division but i honestly believe with Stubbs in charge we have a great chance of automatic promotion next season and that we will be better equipped to make an impact on the SPL. I know thousands will disagree but that is just the way it is. Hopefully we can look forward to sore heads and a more positive forum next saturday and onwards ect......................

Green_one
14-05-2016, 02:54 PM
Hearts were in a better situation than us in the first season, they had prepared for the league well in advance, as regards the improvements at the club, well we have a lot of good individuals and also we play the correct way, yes there is much we can improve upon, the balance of the side could be a lot better and yes we have to find different ways of winning matches, especially when the conditions or decisions are not conducive to our needs. Stubbs did not get us relegated and deserves a fair bit of respect. Yes i agree with you regarding his dealings with the press but he is still in the process of learning the job and this will go way beyond his spell at Hibs in my opinion.
I understand the anger and frustrations of some Hibs fans at our inability to get out of the division but i honestly believe with Stubbs in charge we have a great chance of automatic promotion next season and that we will be better equipped to make an impact on the SPL. I know thousands will disagree but that is just the way it is. Hopefully we can look forward to sore heads and a more positive forum next saturday and onwards ect......................
I'm with you anything else is a gamble 2 cup finals says it for me.

What more do you want. Whatever we are the Hibees

SanFranHibs
14-05-2016, 03:24 PM

Why? Because they knew early on they were going down? This makes them better equipped to deal with Hibs and Rangers first time of asking? How had they prepared well in advance, other than knowing they were going down? Indeed, they gutted their squad in the off season which was pretty much the second time in six months they did so. They had no more money than we did and had a new manager. They did however get what they needed from their players as individuals and as a team. Knowing you are going down does not help you plan a season ahead how to break down smaller, defensive minded teams.

We need to stop making excuses for our own failings.

john18722
14-05-2016, 03:28 PM
LOL LOL LOL really cheered me up :wink:

Me too, what a nonsense.

Expecting Rain
14-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Why? Because they knew early on they were going down? This makes them better equipped to deal with Hibs and Rangers first time of asking? How had they prepared well in advance, other than knowing they were going down? Indeed, they gutted their squad in the off season which was pretty much the second time in six months they did so. They had no more money than we did and had a new manager. They did however get what they needed from their players as individuals and as a team. Knowing you are going down does not help you plan a season ahead how to break down smaller, defensive minded teams.

We need to stop making excuses for our own failings.

No excuses being made, they are counter productive. Hibs were still battling relegation right up to penalty kicks against Hamilton. Hearts had the luxury of blooding youngsters and financially starting from scratch with the arrival of Budge and the wiping out of huge debts but forget about that, they have reinvented themselves as a charitable organisation whilst Rangers are still spending more than us on players and wages.
There are only two big clubs in Scotland and one of them was saved for the sake of ( no it wasn`t Hearts) scottish footbal and at any cost, Hibs are not the big club that a lot of people perceive them to be, they have no divine right to hammer teams even in this league, they can only try to progress in the correct manner and with a fair degree of patience they will succeed. Anyhow it is all about opinions and these thoughts are reasons rather than excuses.

Fogzie
14-05-2016, 04:23 PM
Hearts also had the help that they were filling their stadium every week and I'm sure they ground out a few results in the last minute with the 12th man. We are lucky to get 10k every second week. We hardly make it intimidating for the opposing team. For me , getting rid of Stubbs now is moving backwards. We all know where the weak points in the team are. Let's see if he fills them this summer

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2016, 04:30 PM
I was backing him up until last night, i really dont understand why we didnt go 3-5-2 last night, suits the players we have, yet again goes with this stupid diamond that doesnt work and didnt have the sense to see what was happening during the game

We keep being told theres always next week, well next week is the last next week. FFS can we just get this one prediction right for a change?

chrisski33
14-05-2016, 04:41 PM
No excuses being made, they are counter productive. Hibs were still battling relegation right up to penalty kicks against Hamilton. Hearts had the luxury of blooding youngsters and financially starting from scratch with the arrival of Budge and the wiping out of huge debts but forget about that, they have reinvented themselves as a charitable organisation whilst Rangers are still spending more than us on players and wages.
There are only two big clubs in Scotland and one of them was saved for the sake of ( no it wasn`t Hearts) scottish footbal and at any cost, Hibs are not the big club that a lot of people perceive them to be, they have no divine right to hammer teams even in this league, they can only try to progress in the correct manner and with a fair degree of patience they will succeed. Anyhow it is all about opinions and these thoughts are reasons rather than excuses.

sanfranhibs made sense and valid points. hibs are a big club and shouldnt be in the championship and we have had plenty of time to get out of it as we are just as well equiped to get out of the league as hearts were. Hibs cant afford to be in this league for much longer. if you think we have a greater chance of automatic promotion your having a laugh. dundee utd killie or falkirk will be no push overs. either will raith rovers, dumbarton qos!

SlickShoes
14-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Hearts also had the help that they were filling their stadium every week and I'm sure they ground out a few results in the last minute with the 12th man. We are lucky to get 10k every second week. We hardly make it intimidating for the opposing team. For me , getting rid of Stubbs now is moving backwards. We all know where the weak points in the team are. Let's see if he fills them this summer

Classic, the fans are to blame everyone, the poor we players couldn't get over the line because there was ONLY TEN THOUSAND fans at the games.

They should be pleased to attract 10k the way they were playing towards the end of the season.

I'll support hibs forever but not everyone is like this, hibs are pushing old supporters away and when kids without a family tie to hibs are looking for someone to support in Edinburgh they would have to be unstable to choose hibs.

The Leith Dutch
14-05-2016, 08:55 PM
We all know where the weak points in the team are. Let's see if he fills them this summer

Assuming that it's week points in the team that are the issue why didn't he fill them last summer? Or in January? Or during the game when it was obvious certain players needed hooked or that certain players on the bench would probably have been what we needed in the circumstances?

Not saying we need to punt Stubbs or that we could get someone better but questions need to be asked about why a squad that is far better than Falkirk were either not trained or motivated enough to do the business (and I mean over the season as a whole rather than in the last playoff game).

Expecting Rain
14-05-2016, 09:36 PM
sanfranhibs made sense and valid points. hibs are a big club and shouldnt be in the championship and we have had plenty of time to get out of it as we are just as well equiped to get out of the league as hearts were. Hibs cant afford to be in this league for much longer. if you think we have a greater chance of automatic promotion your having a laugh. dundee utd killie or falkirk will be no push overs. either will raith rovers, dumbarton qos!

If the league is that easy to get out of, why do you rate the team's that you have quoted. You must have a similar sense of humour.

Big L
15-05-2016, 10:29 AM
I Don't think he will be here next season, if he had brought his family with him and they were settled then he might have stayed, the fact that he didn't and that I always believed we were a stepping stone makes me think that he will accept one of the offers that appear to be available to him in England.

SJM
15-05-2016, 10:41 AM
If the league is that easy to get out of, why do you rate the team's that you have quoted. You must have a similar sense of humour.

Perhaps means that we will have a better chance with a change of manager rather than one whos struggled against *****. :agree:

mcfly
15-05-2016, 11:24 AM

St Johnstone , Dundee, Partick, Ross county, Inverness all do ok with crowds half of what we get so its NOT the fans fault.

Fans can't teach players how to have bottle, how to defend set pieces etc

Fans turn up out of blind loyalty and i have to say HIBS fans are the most loyal fans given the results and way we have lost games in the past.

How many times can a club kick u when u are down and expect fans to turn up is beyond me. The fan base is there but if we keep hibsing it as the media and opposition say we do they won't come back as u can only take so much.

I just hope the players realise this, put in a hell of a performance and lift that cup on Saturday. They and Stubbs owe us.

chrisski33
15-05-2016, 11:36 AM

what??? who said the league is easy to get out of? you said earlier in the thread that we had a better chance of automatic promotion nxt season! how have we? as stated dundee utd and killie (orFalkirk) will be pushing for promotion too. we cant beat alloa or dumbarton thus proving we have a manager who isnt capable of getting us out of this league. he has had 2 shots to get us out of it and has failed! enough said!

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2016, 11:36 AM
St Johnstone , Dundee, Partick, Ross county, Inverness all do ok with crowds half of what we get so its NOT the fans fault.

Fans turn up out of blind loyalty and i have to say HIBS fans are the most loyal fans given the results and way we have lost games in the past.

How many times can a club kick u when u are down and expect fans to turn up is beyond me. The fan base is there but if we keep hibsing it as the media and opposition say we do they won't come back as u can only take so much.

I just hope the players realise this, put in a hell of a performance and lift that cup on Saturday. They and Stubbs owe us.

:faf: you've changed your tune.

Logie
15-05-2016, 11:43 AM
For me our problems run deeper if we can't build a team to win this league next year! We fancied challenging Rangers this year and obviously fell away but poorer league with our biggest challengers Dundee Utd killie or Falkirk... We should be able to win against these teams ffs! We need to get motivated against the so called lesser teams and no reason why we can't dominate this league, we have not scored enough goals this year combined with chucking goals in. It's a must we win the league next year.

mcfly
15-05-2016, 11:46 AM
:faf: you've changed your tune.

I was there Friday

7 mins is all we had to see out and we couldn't even do that.

Sub a striker with s striker when Fontaine was the call - we blew it again

steakbake
15-05-2016, 12:19 PM

Admins - can we get a ban for anyone using "hibsing" it? Or can they be given a free maroon scarf?

:wink:

broondog
15-05-2016, 12:24 PM
sorry but this is shaping up to be our worst season in the 25 years ive been watching hibs. Nothing (not even the most recently relegation) comes close. People are honestly defending the manager who has proven himself to be absolutely clueless. yams at the wind up surely.

IanFaeClerrie
15-05-2016, 12:36 PM
sorry but this is shaping up to be our worst season in the 25 years ive been watching hibs. Nothing (not even the most recently relegation) comes close. People are honestly defending the manager who has proven himself to be absolutely clueless. yams at the wind up surely.

We have a clueless manager because that's what we paid for. We need an experienced manager. If we'd had Peter Huston, we would have won the league and probably both cups.

mcfly
15-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Admins - can we get a ban for anyone using "hibsing" it? Or can they be given a free maroon scarf?

Marion scarf aye right pal

Try being a season ticket holder for 15 years

Facts don't lie - however don't date accuse me of supporting hearts
1 insult to many

nickwhibs
15-05-2016, 12:40 PM
We have a clueless manager because that's what we paid for. We need an experienced manager. If we'd had Peter Huston, we would have won the league and probably both cups.

😂😂😂

hibs69
15-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Marion scarf aye right pal

Try being a season ticket holder for 15 years

Facts don't lie - however don't date accuse me of supporting hearts
1 insult to many

Lighten up, Francis.

One Day Soon
15-05-2016, 12:52 PM

Yep. Should be an automatic ban in my view.

Captain Trips
15-05-2016, 12:55 PM
Not even getting to the playoff finals twice now, is disgraceful. I just feel like we did when we were relegated. Thats what it feels like, relegation.

Well done Hibs you excel yourself yet again.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2016, 01:34 PM
I was there Friday

7 mins is all we had to see out and we couldn't even do that.

Sub a striker with s striker when Fontaine was the call - we blew it again

So what, all you have done is slaughter the part timers for weeks, now after one defeat you understand why they are part timers.

Knee jerking at its best.

SJM
15-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Not even getting to the playoff finals twice now, is disgraceful. I just feel like we did when we were relegated. Thats what it feels like, relegation.

Well done Hibs you excel yourself yet again.

It's worse than relegation mate, at least we knew we were ***** then. We have good players now but a side not good enough and a manager who can't get us motivated to win this league.

This is a complete kick in the stains season should we lose next week. Thank god for the Euros. Oh wait, my country is the only one on this Island not going either.

eastmainsmsh
15-05-2016, 02:11 PM
One man that would get my vote Jim McIntyre

mcfly
15-05-2016, 06:17 PM
So what, all you have done is slaughter the part timers for weeks, now after one defeat you understand why they are part timers.

Knee jerking at its best.

Knee jerking - oh ma sides

U turn up 3 times a year and think you can lecture us all

I was there I saw what happened so knee jerk eh naw

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Knee jerking - oh ma sides

U turn up 3 times a year and think you can lecture us all

I was there I saw what happened so knee jerk eh naw

And once again completely ignore your u turn of view in a week. :faf:

mcfly
15-05-2016, 06:37 PM
And once again completely ignore your u turn of view in a week. :faf:

So glad ur amused at what going on at our club

Sometimes wonder if you are a fan at all.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2016, 06:45 PM
So glad ur amused at what going on at our club

Sometimes wonder if you are a fan at all.

And again completely ignoring the point, but hey you know that.

Hibby 2005
15-05-2016, 06:48 PM
Stubbs has one more year to get us up, a year without Hearts or Rangers in the Championship. If he can't do it next season he never will in my opinion.

mcfly
15-05-2016, 06:54 PM
And again completely ignoring the point, but hey you know that.

Ignoring nowt

I go to see hibs u don't

My opinion was that as a season ticket holder who has renewed I can get 2 tickets for next week. Which is exactly what the club did

Anyway ur boring me now. Run along and troll somewhere else .

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2016, 07:03 PM
Ignoring nowt

I go to see hibs u don't

My opinion was that as a season ticket holder who has renewed I can get 2 tickets for next week. Which is exactly what the club did

Anyway ur boring me now. Run along and troll somewhere else .

No, you have spent weeks having a go at the part timers, but all of a sudden you now understand why they are part timers.

Hypocrite.

mcfly
15-05-2016, 07:17 PM
No, you have spent weeks having a go at the part timers, but all of a sudden you now understand why they are part timers.

Hypocrite.

Aye but I'm not a part timer never have been so I can do what I like.

I also couldn't give a toss what you think

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Aye but I'm not a part timer never have been so I can do what I like.

I also couldn't give a toss what you think

So can i. :faf:

eastterrace
15-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Stubbs has had his chance - even if we win the Cup, he still doesn't give me any confidence that he will get us up next season. The way we have struggled to break teams down this season shows he hasn't got enough tactical ability to come up with decent alternatives. I hope whoever replaces Stubbs goes more for the Leicester approach - I'd rather watch a team winning with fast attacking players and 30% of possession than watch us pass about for ages without getting anywhere. were are those fast attacking players your on about that's in our budget range

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2016, 07:28 PM
were are those fast attacking players your on about that's in our budget range

Someone else pointed it out, so cant take the credit for this, but when McCall was Motherwell manager, he seemed to find pacey wide men on their budget easily enough?

There will be players out there, decent managers seem to find them, whether they'd want to come to the championship is another question? :dunno:

Hibernia&Alba
15-05-2016, 07:36 PM
I really want to back Stubbsy; he's clearly a good bloke and we're in a much better place than when he arrived, but - and it's a big but - he's twice failed to get us into the play off final, which is a major failure. If we win the cup next Saturday he'll rightly become a legend, but, should we lose, there must be a fair chance it will prove his last match. Let's hope we can get the cup, which then spurs us on to promotion with Stubbs.

Captain Trips
15-05-2016, 07:36 PM
We can argue all night, to not get promoted this season and to just even be in this division is beyond a joke.

Rangers and Hearts being in league season one excuse, season 2 excuse Rangers were in the league. I do not remember much discussion about Falkirk and Rangers.

What is it next year, Dundee Utd and St Mirren?.

Facts are we were done by Falkirk and that is inexcusable. Not only done over full league campaign but in a 2 leg playoff. Yeah lets make an argument for Rangers and Hearts but no way Falkirk.

Total and utter disgraceful campaign to finish behind them. Deliver the cup then pleae resign.

broondog
15-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Stubbs has one more year to get us up, a year without Hearts or Rangers in the Championship. If he can't do it next season he never will in my opinion.

no he doesn't have one year left. how many chances are you prepared to give him? he has to go and he has had his chances. That is my response if you are indeed a Hibs fan. Plenty yams on here on the wind up trolling and backing that clown stubbs and your username certainly suggests you might be one. what a sad loser you are.

northstandhibby
15-05-2016, 07:44 PM
We can argue all night, to not get promoted this season and to just even be in this division is beyond a joke.

Rangers and Hearts being in league season one excuse, season 2 excuse Rangers were in the league. I do not remember much discussion about Falkirk and Rangers.

What is it next year, Dundee Utd and St Mirren?.

Facts are we were done by Falkirk and that is inexcusable. Not only done over full league campaign but in a 2 leg playoff. Yeah lets make an argument for Rangers and Hearts but no way Falkirk.

Total and utter disgraceful campaign to finish behind them. Deliver the cup then pleae resign.

There are a couple of factors such as the shocking refereeing decisions that went against us against Falkirk. We were no doubt the better team in both ties. Stubbsy had no influence over that. They decisions altered the outcome. Plus the brilliant cup runs which if knocked out earlier would we have pushed the rangers harder?

I think he deserves one more year to get us promoted. If we win the Cup he is Legend status.

I share your pain though, no doubt.

GGTTH

Hibby 2005
15-05-2016, 07:45 PM
no he doesn't have one year left. how many chances are you prepared to give him? he has to go and he has had his chances. That is my response if you are indeed a Hibs fan. Plenty yams on here on the wind up trolling and backing that clown stubbs and your username certainly suggests you might be one. what a sad loser you are.

Stubbs has a year left on his contract.

mcfly
15-05-2016, 07:48 PM
So can i. :faf:

From the emojis you use u love to laugh at your own comments.

We are all laughing at you too mr troll

Captain Trips
15-05-2016, 07:52 PM
There are a couple of factors such as the shocking refereeing decisions that went against us against Falkirk. We were no doubt the better team in both ties. Stubbsy had no influence over that. They decisions altered the outcome. Plus the brilliant cup runs which if knocked out earlier would we have pushed the rangers harder?

I think he deserves one more year to get us promoted. If we win the Cup he is Legend status.

I share your pain though, no doubt.

GGTTH

We finished behind them over a league campaign. We were ahead in 2nd league and blew it. Stubbs league efforts have been well short.

northstandhibby
15-05-2016, 07:56 PM
We finished behind them over a league campaign. We were ahead in 2nd league and blew it. Stubbs league efforts have been well short.

Agree. The Dumbarton away game was a real shocker and others of course. Just hoping he can come up trumps for Saturday.

GGTTH

keep the faith
15-05-2016, 07:58 PM

There have been some mad posts the last few days but that's a peach!!

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2016, 08:17 PM
From the emojis you use u love to laugh at your own comments.

We are all laughing at you too mr troll

I'm a troll, yet its you who cant remember what you said last week. Laugh all you like hypocrite. :faf:

There it is again, i'm laughing at you and your hypocrisy.

ShinyFantastic
15-05-2016, 08:22 PM
Agree. The Dumbarton away game was a real shocker and others of course. Just hoping he can come up trumps for Saturday.

GGTTH

The Dumbarton games you should say! We lost there twice!

northstandhibby
15-05-2016, 08:25 PM
The Dumbarton games you should say! We lost there twice!

In particular the 3-0 game.

GGTTH

Expecting Rain
15-05-2016, 08:27 PM
what??? who said the league is easy to get out of? you said earlier in the thread that we had a better chance of automatic promotion nxt season! how have we? as stated dundee utd and killie (orFalkirk) will be pushing for promotion too. we cant beat alloa or dumbarton thus proving we have a manager who isnt capable of getting us out of this league. he has had 2 shots to get us out of it and has failed! enough said!

Rangers and Hearts won't be in the league next season ( they shouldn't be in any league in my opinion) you conveniently omit all the teams we have beat this season and the number of games we've played and also the horrendous decision in the first game, anyhow to you these are probably minor details, not forgetting we've reached the two major cup finals. So be it , have the last say, I'm bored.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 08:32 PM
In particular the 3-0 game.

GGTTH

We never lost 3-0 to Dumbarton

cabbageandribs1875
15-05-2016, 08:34 PM

he's talking about next season

northstandhibby
15-05-2016, 08:36 PM

Maybe my minds going. Was sure we lost 3-0 to Dumbarton away?

GGTTH

Iggy Pope
15-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Maybe my minds going. Was sure we lost 3-0 to Dumbarton away?

GGTTH

3-2.

northstandhibby
15-05-2016, 08:39 PM
he's talking about next season

I was sure we lost 3-0 to Dumbarton away?

GGTTH

northstandhibby
15-05-2016, 08:40 PM
3-2.

Thanks!

Sorry about that!

GGTTH

mcfly
15-05-2016, 09:03 PM
I'm a troll, yet its you who cant remember what you said last week. Laugh all you like hypocrite. :faf:

There it is again, i'm laughing at you and your hypocrisy.

I'm just laughing at you trolling all my posts

Get a life troll

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2016, 09:07 PM
I'm just laughing at you trolling all my posts

Get a life troll

Yet still you cant explain why you have slaughtered the part timers over the last week or so, but all of a sudden you understand why folk are not going, and its me who's trolling.

Maybe if you had a better memory you'd realise you cant say one thing one week and the complete opposite the next and not be questioned on it.

As i said you are a hypocrite.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Yet still you cant explain why you have slaughtered the part timers over the last week or so, but all of a sudden you understand why folk are not going, and its me who's trolling.

Maybe if you had a better memory you'd realise you cant say one thing one week and the complete opposite the next and not be questioned on it.

**** sake Blackpool, you've made your point. Let it go.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2016, 09:44 PM
**** sake Blackpool, you've made your point. Let it go.

I will when the insults stop, im pretty sure if i was the one being the hypocrite it would have been jumped on by many.

Logie
15-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Why not all try and get along for the sake of our club! We need everyone to pull together for next week fans and players included! Would be a lot better having a positive attitude and no boos when we give the ball away that ive witnessed on numerous occasions this year. Bottom line we all want to win the cup so let's support our team chaps.

Sammy7nil
15-05-2016, 09:51 PM
Why not all try and get along for the sake of our club! We need everyone to pull together for next week fans and players included! Would be a lot better having a positive attitude and no boos when we give the ball away that ive witnessed on numerous occasions this year. Bottom line we all want to win the cup so let's support our team chaps.

Jolly good post Hurrah for the Hibees :wink:

trev the hat
15-05-2016, 09:52 PM

Are you losing at poker G :wink: ?
:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2016, 09:53 PM
Are you losing at poker G :wink: ?
:greengrin

No we've changed it to a Monday night, more folk can make it then Trev. :greengrin

trev the hat
15-05-2016, 10:07 PM
No we've changed it to a Monday night, more folk can make it then Trev. :greengrin

Fair play :aok:

I had intended to be meeting up with you guys on Sat but my mate was given hospitality with his Bro so I'm through on the bus with the masses (just how I like it really) :greengrin
If we do the business catch u for a beer down ER :cb

Santa Cruz
15-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Back to the thread and I'd back Stubbs to stay on regardless of next weeks result.

If it wasn't for a last minute goal in the league cup final, and the Falkirk game, he could well be a legend by now. He still could be - and is learning.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 10:16 PM
Back to the thread and I'd back Stubbs to stay on regardless of next weeks result.

If it wasn't for a last minute goal in the league cup final, and the Falkirk game, he could well be a legend by now. He still could be - and is learning.

Sorry mate thats complete rubbish. Defeats to rangers x2, Dumbarton x2, Alloa x1, Raith x1 Morton x1 and Queen Of The South x1 have sealed his fate. Also Draws against Livingston, Falkirk, Morton and St Mirren, and thats this season alone..

Not good enough. Not forgetting failure to get promoted 2 seasons on a row now.

Doully115
15-05-2016, 10:16 PM
If Stubbs wishes to see out his contract Hibs will not stop him because if we sack him it will cost us plenty bucks which we certantly at this time cannot afford.
It truly saddens me how far Hibs have fell , we must get the players that will get us out of this horrible league for next season, forget the Hibs way for next season just get the results and whatever brand of football it takes, we must make it happen.
Sell Cummings and get a couple of mature,steady defenders and a steady goalie.
Next season is all about graft,hard work and getting the results any which way.
The cups must come second or even third next season we must put all our efforts into getting promoted.
So come on Hibs from today we start becoming a winning team and we make Easter Road a fortress again.

Captain Trips
15-05-2016, 10:18 PM

If it wasn't for, well it happened. Was it really OTT to get out this league after 2 seasons? Learning? Its about delivery not learning and TBH I do not see how the lessons have sunk in seeing as season 2 campaign was worse than season 1.

FranckSuzy
15-05-2016, 10:25 PM
If Stubbs wishes to see out his contract Hibs will not stop him because if we sack him it will cost us plenty bucks which we certantly at this time cannot afford.
It truly saddens me how far Hibs have fell , we must get the players that will get us out of this horrible league for next season, forget the Hibs way for next season just get the results and whatever brand of football it takes, we must make it happen.
Sell Cummings and get a couple of mature,steady defenders and a steady goalie.
Next season is all about graft,hard work and getting the results any which way.
The cups must come second or even third next season we must put all our efforts into getting promoted.
So come on Hibs from today we start becoming a winning team and we make Easter Road a fortress again.

Which is it, Smithy or Doully? Would have thought you'd know your username for your first post :wink:

Doully115
15-05-2016, 10:36 PM
doully115 -- my mistake -- new boy , sorry.

Sammy7nil
15-05-2016, 10:45 PM
doully115 -- my mistake -- new boy , sorry.

Gulp :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 10:48 PM
Gulp :rolleyes:

Hmm theres a user smithy 119 on KB.... Muddled up he is. :greengrin

Santa Cruz
15-05-2016, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=Hermit Crab;4689388]Sorry mate thats complete rubbish. Defeats to rangers x2, Dumbarton x2, Alloa x1, Raith x1 Morton x1 and Queen Of The South x1 have sealed his fate. Also Draws against Livingston, Falkirk, Morton and St Mirren, and thats this season alone..

Not good enough. Not forgetting failure to get promoted 2 seasons on a row now.[/QUOTE

Accept some results have been dire and not getting promoted is a failure. But at the end of the day the difference between success and failure has been marginal. I'd back him to stay another season and if we win next week I think a lot more will too.

Hermit Crab
15-05-2016, 10:59 PM
[QUOTE=Hermit Crab;4689388]Sorry mate thats complete rubbish. Defeats to rangers x2, Dumbarton x2, Alloa x1, Raith x1 Morton x1 and Queen Of The South x1 have sealed his fate. Also Draws against Livingston, Falkirk, Morton and St Mirren, and thats this season alone..

Not good enough. Not forgetting failure to get promoted 2 seasons on a row now.[/QUOTE

Accept some results have been dire and not getting promoted is a failure. But at the end of the day the difference between success and failure has been marginal. I'd back him to stay another season and if we win next week I think a lot more will too.

20 odd points behind the leaders each season is not marginal.

Captain Trips
15-05-2016, 11:01 PM

This season isnt about fine lines its about kicking on from previous season and improving not losing out to Falkirk. There should have been no fine line it should not have been marginal. Its an utter joke to finish 3rd.

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2016, 06:21 AM
Fair play :aok:

I had intended to be meeting up with you guys on Sat but my mate was given hospitality with his Bro so I'm through on the bus with the masses (just how I like it really) :greengrin
If we do the business catch u for a beer down ER :cb

That's a date Trev. :greengrin Hopefully one we both make. :pray: