PDA

View Full Version : 4 reasons I'd sack Stubbs before the final

Springbank
13-05-2016, 10:16 PM
1) he won't play 352
2) he will play Fyvie*
3) he'll send the team out all complacent & lacking intensity (we'll be 0-2 after 10mins inevitably)
4) he has been backed by the board, has a good squad, but his narrow listless football and loyalty to under achievers has seen Hibs fail to reach par - third in a pub league. a good organiser & old school motivator would work better in a week with this squad

*anyone looking to defend Fyvie, go have a wee look at the first kick off tonight. The laddie feathers an aimless chip straight to Sibbald. With the first touch of the match. If ever a boy needed dropped for his own good it's this fella.

With Stubbs, 442, Fyvie, narrow football, slow start, I do see an early bombardment coming our way. A different coach might get more out of this squad

Waxy
13-05-2016, 10:19 PM
And I take it youd give Jason Cummings the interim managers job?

Libby Hibby
13-05-2016, 10:21 PM
1) he won't play 352
2) he will play Fyvie*
3) he'll send the team out all complacent & lacking intensity (we'll be 0-2 after 10mins inevitably)
4) he has been backed by the board, has a good squad, but his narrow listless football and loyalty to under achievers has seen Hibs fail to reach par - third in a pub league. a good organiser & old school motivator would work better in a week with this squad

*anyone looking to defend Fyvie, go have a wee look at the first kick off tonight. The laddie feathers an aimless chip straight to Sibbald. With the first touch of the match. If ever a boy needed dropped for his own good it's this fella.

With Stubbs, 442, Fyvie, narrow football, slow start, I do see an early bombardment coming our way. A different coach might get more out of this squad

5. Inability to change a game in our favour. Sticks rigidly to his game plan despite how the game is panning out in front of him.

hibee_girl
13-05-2016, 10:21 PM
That'll gee the players right up for the final of course.

HibeeLR
13-05-2016, 10:22 PM
Cmon...you just don't sack a manager a week before a cup final

Jim44
13-05-2016, 10:23 PM
1) he won't play 352
2) he will play Fyvie*

You took the words out my mouth. When I saw what he did, I thought it was going to be a long hard night.

leggeto
13-05-2016, 10:24 PM
1) he won't play 352
2) he will play Fyvie*

Jesus Christ man,no helping

Santa Cruz
Don't worry they won't sack Stubbs before the final

Andy74

That's what we said before the play offs.

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2016, 10:25 PM
1) he won't play 352
2) he will play Fyvie*

Clueless post.

Enough said
13-05-2016, 10:25 PM
Watch out mate you will get all the posters on here accusing you of being a yam, but your spot on op

Waxy
13-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Watch out mate you will get all the posters on here accusing you of being a yam, but your spot on op

Hmmmmmm

FromTheCapital
You're far from spot on OP.
You're a ****ing clown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leggeto

Yam :)

Stokesy's on fire
13-05-2016, 10:29 PM
And I take it youd give Jason Cummings the interim managers job?

Yeah he could do it! He's Pirlo after all

cabbageandribs1875
13-05-2016, 10:30 PM
1) he won't play 352
2) he will play Fyvie*

for a professional football player his passing has been absolutely atrocious the last 2/3 games(imo of course) got a great engine in him though :)

High-On-Hibs
13-05-2016, 10:34 PM
That'll gee the players right up for the final of course.

I'm sure the players will be coming onto Hibs.net looking for a lift right enough...

As for the OPs comments about Fyvie. I can't help but agree with them. He's been extremely poor every time i've seen him. Sloppy in possession, sloppy with the passing, taking too long to make decisions, then making the wrong one.

I'm not saying this to single the boy out. But he is certainly one of the weakest links in an already weak chain.

Pete
13-05-2016, 10:36 PM

:agree:

That reason trumps all the reasons for sacking him combined.

hibee_girl
13-05-2016, 10:39 PM
I'm sure the players will be coming onto Hibs.net looking for a lift right enough...

As for the OPs comments about Fyvie. I can't help but agree with them. He's been extremely poor every time i've seen him. Sloppy in possession, sloppy with the passing, taking too long to make decisions, then making the wrong one.

I'm not saying this to single the boy out. But he is certainly one of the weakest links in an already weak chain.

I was talking about Stubbs getting sacked before the final

Sammy7nil
13-05-2016, 10:42 PM
1) he won't play 352
2) he will play Fyvie*

Give Mixu the managers job

#2 Double Tap
13-05-2016, 11:27 PM
Give Mixu the managers job

not the mixu we had before, the angry mixu that tells everyone to F&%K OFF - I want a bit of that one HAHA he will win the league. He is ready for the hibs job now.

HTD1875
13-05-2016, 11:38 PM
Jesus, totally different game against a team that's no played in a month, that will control possession and won't launch the ball into big cheating huddies with the hope that they get the break of the ball.

mentalhibee
13-05-2016, 11:40 PM
We need to get behind Stubbs and the team 100% next weekend. 90 minutes away from a historic victory against a team we've shown we are capable of beating!

#2 Double Tap
13-05-2016, 11:41 PM
that goes undefeated against hearts, even when he hud ross (somebody) n stevenson playing centre midfield, or having a bamba absolutely dominating midfields. Yes please.

#2 Double Tap
13-05-2016, 11:43 PM
We need to get behind Stubbs and the team 100% next weekend. 90 minutes away from a historic victory against a team we've shown we are capable of beating!

Im hoping Stubbs has been keeping his ONE TIME for the big game.

Pretty Boy
13-05-2016, 11:45 PM
Stubbs should be nowhere the Hibs dug out next season. The only people who should be further away are myself and Terry Butcher.

However to sack hom before the final would be madness. He's earned the right to lead us in that game and he should get to do so.

IWasThere2016
14-05-2016, 12:07 AM
This......But when another manager leaves who is accountable for more failure???

Real Emerald
14-05-2016, 12:21 AM
1) he won't play 352
2) he will play Fyvie*

I'm
With Stubbs, 442, Fyvie, narrow football, slow start, I do see an early bombardment coming our way. A different coach might get more out of this squad Total pish. Get behind the team, what's wrong wi you, we're I the Scottish Cup Final next week.

Glory Lurker
14-05-2016, 12:28 AM
He should have been emptied after the St Mirren game. He wisnae, here we are. He's got a chance to redeem his fastly falling stock in the managerial market.

monktonharp
14-05-2016, 12:34 AM
1) he won't play 352
2) he will play Fyvie*

With Stubbs, 442, Fyvie, narrow football, slow start, I do see an early bombardment coming our way. A different coach might get more out of this squadtwo reasons, why I would delete this thread if I was an admin. 1 : you are talking pish. 2, you have managed to create a split between genuine Hibernian fans on this forum, before we've even left page 2 of the thread, and are in danger of totally demoralising the fans and any of the team that have a look here. go to bed.

Fergus52
14-05-2016, 12:38 AM
Stubbs failure to get us promoted may see him leaving, but sacking him just now would be ridiculous.

Especially as the last time we played Rangers his tactics were spot on.

Captain Trips
I think lets get prepared for final see if we can do it and then after it if we win hopefully he will be pinched by another club or if we lose remove him. He isnt good enough in the marathon of the league.

I think if we are to win it, it would be genuinely a time if a manager said he has taken club as far as he can.

HoboHarry
1) he won't play 352
2) he will play Fyvie*

Yer an eejit. There - now you have a fifth reason for wanting to sack AS before the final.......

Forza Fred
14-05-2016, 12:45 AM
The OP is either extremely grief stricke nd is blindly lashing out Without adequately thinking things through, or is just a daftie

Or a bit of both?

Managerless a week or so out from a cup final.....brilliant strategic move that!

hibs4life
14-05-2016, 12:54 AM
1) he won't play 352
2) he will play Fyvie*

Deary, Deary me. Stubbs' position is definitely under scrutiny but this post doesn't address the key points, just someone's pet hates it seems...

Steve20
14-05-2016, 04:16 AM
Stubbs has failed big time and nothing suggests he's capable of winning the cup next week. He lucky he's still getting to lead us out because he's just not got it.

However, as some have pointed out, the players wouldn't be too pleased with sacking him before the final. Not that I give a **** what the latest bunch of failures on the pitch think but it wouldn't help the cause.

We're ****** either way next week.

Lex7zero
14-05-2016, 04:27 AM
1) he won't play 352
2) he will play Fyvie*

2 names that condemn Stubbs. Oxley who he played for weeks after everyone could see he had lost it big time and even worse than that was Fyvie who had definitely lost it big time. I cringed every time I read on this forum that Hibs were a better team with Fyvie. Embarassing how many on this forum just don't really understand football.